Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The Bucs change was by far the best but they had the most to work with. Their uniforms were ******* awful. 

I used to do a sports radio show overseas.  Michael Husted, the Bucs kicker, came on as part of a USO trip.  He brought me a hat with the NFL logo on it instead of bringing me any Bucs gear.  That’s how bad they were.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

You can start with the dodge and burned highlights all over pants and green in the shirt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It feels like that’s a stylistic choice. Because it gives depth to the green? I don’t think it’s a good choice I just think it’s a choice.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The reveal was yesterday.  Tonight will just be more whining.

SAR I

If Sam is who we think he is, every single fan in this thread will be buying up the merch. that's going to be associated with the Darnold era of Jets football. 

Every single one. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

IMO, it would make the most sense.  It would mean it's what the majority of the fan base wants.  Which means it would sell the most.  Instead of leaving it in the hands of a small group of people who may not have a good sense of style and design.

Allowing a plurality to make a choice is how you end up with something even less thrilling than these New Jersey’s.

26 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You do realize these aren't onesies, right?

What's to stop you from wearing the white pants with the white jerseys?

First of all if you look at the poster with the white pants its half green (maybe socks but still) and with green helmets no chance of ever being all white. Hence no all white uniforms anymore

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Here, in this thread. Joewilly is hosting a debut event where he’s going to display completely irrelevant objects while the Jets debut the uniforms behind him. Those crafty Jets. 

Hey RutgersJetFan glad to see i'm still in your head another day.

Hey did I tell you they will be serving beer at Rutgers football games this season should make watching them easier. 

You could put me on IGNORE. 

Image result for rutgers beer pics

Just now, freestater said:

If Sam is who we think he is, every single fan in this thread will be buying up the merch. that's going to be associated with the Darnold era of Jets football. 

Every single one. 

I’m gonna get a Bell jersey immediately. After the reveal tonight I’ll pick a color but none of these are a deal breaker.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Allowing a plurality to make a choice is how you end up with something even less thrilling than these New Jersey’s.

If this was the case here, then you and i would not be happy.  But the majority would be and the Jets would stand to make the most money.  It's not about pleasing all your fans but most of them.

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

First of all if you look at the poster with the white pants its half green (maybe socks but still) and with green helmets no chance of ever being all white. Hence no all white uniforms anymore

They can change their socks. I think in year 2 or 3 you’ll see an all white look with a white face mask or a silver face mask.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

If this was the case here, then you and i would not be happy.  But the majority would be and the Jets would stand to make the most money.

There are people in this thread complaining about the jerseys being too much of a departure, not enough of a departure, getting the colors right but the font wrong, not incorporating a jet, not keeping the old logo and then there are people that love the uniform. 

No one would be happy.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Has it been determined what # Bell will wear?  

Plenty on E-bay of the current jersey with Bell #26. 

I think he’ll end up with 20 or 26 which I look forward to. 

Also might get a Herndon in green if I get a white Bell. The jerseys are fine and make our uniforms from last year look dated. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hey RutgersJetFan glad to see i'm still in your head another day.

Hey did I tell you they will be serving beer at Rutgers football games this season should make watching them easier. 

You could put me on IGNORE. 

Image result for rutgers beer pics

There is another waste of what could be used more....The Scarlet Knight logo, so awesome even if they can only wrestle.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

There are people in this thread complaining about the jerseys being too much of a departure, not enough of a departure, getting the colors right but the font wrong, not incorporating a jet, not keeping the old logo and then there are people that love the uniform. 

No one would be happy.

If no one will be happy what happen to the people that love the uniform as you said

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

IMO, it would make the most sense.  It would mean it's what the majority of the fan base wants.  Which means it would sell the most.  Instead of leaving it in the hands of a small group of people who may or may not have a good sense of style and design.

Thats what they're paid for. Its not some "small group or people who may not have a good sense of style and design".  You think thats what a Nike design along with whoever made up the Jets group is made up of?

They got the contract to do a redesign because they've really good at it.  

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I also agree with the earlier post .. decoupling the NY from the logo is a supremely bad move unless there are plans for a move in the future ... The NY affiliation has to bring in a ton of cash in the merchandising department. What is the time for the actual unveiling?

If they went in a different direction removing the JETS word and incorporating an designed jet motof or something it would make more sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

my gut tells me that logo may be a placeholder

4 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

If no one will be happy what happen to the people that love the uniform as you said

For instance, I like the new uniforms. I’m a little disappointed that they’re not more radical, I’m glad they didn’t add an airplane to the logo because it’s stupid. But if a plurality had demanded an airplane logo or fighter jet logo, I’d become an unhappy person with the new uniforms. Maybe it galvanizes a new plurality that hates the jet plane logo. It’s a no win situation. So the best way to go about it is to consolidate the power and hope it catches on.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We have a big logo challenge too, people don't seem to realize this.

Unlike all the other NFL teams, the Jets and Browns have a unique problem.  Browns are named after a business executive.  Jets are named after a piece of 50 year old technology.  If we made our logo, say, an airplane, it's unidentifiable as an NFL team, could take 30 years for it to take root, and any cap you'd wear people might think you work for Boeing or an airline.  Airplane styling changes over the years, a stealth fighter would have looked cool in 1990, looks passe today, can't build a brand around a logo that changes all the time.  Military jet?  That's not the type of connection the NFL wants, war and politics, can't happen.  Some see a contrail or a wing as a solution, but that just looks like a diagonal line, it's not a brand.

We need the word "Jets" in whatever logo we choose.  So using "Jets" with an icon of a football is a good workaround for the problem we face.  And it's been working since 1964.  The Jets are one of the most popular and valuable franchises in all of professional sports.  People know our logo.

SAR I

It's a challenge, but I have the same type of challenge all the time with my logo projects. You just have to think it through. It's possible to merge the two in a thoughtful manner with the way a design is rendered, substitution, etc. Logo design is a cerebral exercise more than anything, not just creating a nice looking graphic.

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

No one would be happy.

We are all Jets fans, no one will ever be happy until Super Bowl #2 is won.  Personally I like the black jersey as it is a change, but nothing beats the white on white with the current uniform.  If anything we should start a tradition of wearing the White on White for home game where the temp is over 40 degrees.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are a $5 Billion dollar business and having a jersey that very clearly says "New York" on it will sell millions more and grow awareness of the brand.  The Jets separated the "NY" from "Jets" on the helmet logo.  But people don't buy helmets and wear them on the streets of London.

Fan Caps:  Full logo that says "New York" and "Jets" together, see Draft Cap leak.

Fan Jerseys:  Now says "New York" right across the chest, like the Yankees, Mets, etc. unmistakable who they represent.

Team Uniform:  Jersey says "New York" helmet says "Jets" same impact as current setup, allows new logo to breathe a bit.

Smart marketing and branding principles.  It's Manhattan.  Fashion and merchandising capital of the country.  I didn't expect anything less.

SAR I

nike isn’t in manhattan

Just now, FlagmanL11 said:

We are all Jets fans, no one will ever be happy until Super Bowl #2 is won.  PErsonally I like the black jersey as it is a change, but nothing beats the whote on white with the current uniform.  If anything we should start a tradition of wearing the White on White for home game where the temp is over 40 degrees.  

Drew Brees throws a perfect strike for a TD with no time left BUT WAIT, Thomas dropped the ball.  The Jets win the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!    

Half the fan base would be upset because we didn't win.  The Saints loss. 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats what they're paid for. Its not some "small group or people who may not have a good sense of style and design".  You think thats what a Nike design along with whoever made up the Jets group is made up of?

They got the contract to do a redesign because they've really good at it.  

Small relative to the tens of thousands of fans.  Even if it's a group of 100 behind the design it's a small group.  Some would beg to differ whether Nike is good at designing uniforms.