Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yeah, but only to get ideas for outfits I can make for you and Crusher and your special "get togethers."

@The Crusher  my muffin top does love when you make us matching onesies!!!

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

They can change their socks. I think in year 2 or 3 you’ll see an all white look with a white face mask or a silver face mask.

True but maybe would look good with the green helmets. 

12 minutes ago, Vader said:

my gut tells me that logo may be a placeholder

doubt it, it looks like a combo of the 80s and current jets logos, and that's probably deliberate.

Are those jerseys the official ones or is it another rumor? I like the jerseys but I'm confused about the helmet. I dont believe i like it. 

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

For instance, I like the new uniforms. I’m a little disappointed that they’re not more radical, I’m glad they didn’t add an airplane to the logo because it’s stupid. But if a plurality had demanded an airplane logo or fighter jet logo, I’d become an unhappy person with the new uniforms. Maybe it galvanizes a new plurality that hates the jet plane logo. It’s a no win situation. So the best way to go about it is to consolidate the power and hope it catches on.

there is no way to make everyone happy.  while we are all Jets fans, we each have our preferences.  I know it's not this simple, and not EVERYONE falls under these categories, but the "older" Jets fans love the current uniforms.  those of us who grew up in the 80s will always have a soft spot for those uniforms, then you have the kids.  for example, my 12 year old son is like friggin' rainbow brite:  loves to wear red/red, blue/blue, black/black etc.  he'd probably love to see green helms, green jerseys and green pants - all bright.  but that won't fly with others.

I have shown him a ton of different takes from this thread.  ones he loved I hated and vice versa.  until yesterday.  it was crazy, but we both really liked the "leaked uniforms".  like I said, can't make everyone happy, but hey to get a kid and someone like me to agree?  that's a start!

The rendering of bell running in the new uniforms - I might be able to get on board with that. Like to see that same rendering with the green and black jerseys.  I actually think that metallic helmet would really pop under the lights with the black jersey.  The grainy photo going around yesterday, wasn't crazy about it.  Want to see these live on tonight, before I make a final judgement.  I believe the Jets will be the 1st NFL team to wear a metallic helmet, correct?

Has anythign official been released by the Jets -- or is it all still the leaks from yesterday that are assumed to be the new unis?

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

And I do it because I love you guys!

Your support of our love is truly helpful.  Thank you! 

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Small relative to the tens of thousands of fans.  Even if it's a group of 100 behind the design it's a small group.  Some would beg to differ whether Nike is good at designing uniforms. 

You go with the small group over the large every time.

You can beg to differ about Nike, people complain all the time, but they are the best at what they do.  They provide 100s or designs to college and pro teams.  They know a hell of a lot more than fans about what sells, etc.  

The last thing you want is a huge group.  You cant make everyone happy.  Just read the posts after the so called leaked pics from yesterday and try and find a consensus 

Got to wonder who will be the first to post the actual uniform tonight.  My $$$ is on "JoeWilly12" 

Is anyone else throwing a reveal party? 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

there is no way to make everyone happy. 

Jets fans sort out excuses in advance of the disappointment

Now that's efficiency! 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Your support of our love is truly helpful.  Thank you! 

Yours is truly a storybook romance. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Seems like quite a few are, in their pants

If I got the invite to ones of those, I would not be throwing a reveal party of my own.  Jeesh, talk about feeling left out.

24 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Did Bruce Costlet have anything to do with these new uniforms? They look like a pathetic early 90s reject.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Correct.  They modernized the Coslett/Kotite uniforms.

I love it beside the terrible logo on the side of the helmet.

The new uniforms will now be referred to as the Costites.  

It is Coslett and Kotite.

I love the Costites!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love the Costites!!!!!

I loved the Costites.  added some black to the unis, and just as I'm getting used to them and buy a jersey in comes Parcells (good for team, but not uniforms! ha!)

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I figured you more into the Botox fake boob bleach blonde bimbo type 

820C65D4-6FC7-4DE7-9270-78ABED9D4AE7.jpeg

Post of the year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love the Costites!!!!!

Yes... because that's an era of Jets football I can't wait to re-live. 

• Like 1

If the shade of green is right in that leaked image, I really like it.  Now if the rest of the design has been tweaked, that would be a bonus.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

If I got the invite to ones of those, I would not be throwing a reveal party of my own.  Jeesh, talk about feeling left out.

You really shouldnt use the words "reveal" and pants party in the same sentence

The Bucs change was by far the best but they had the most to work with. Their uniforms were ******* awful. 

lol. I was 5 years old when they came into the league. That version of myself thought they were pretty cool. Once I was 8 I laughed at it. Is that guy winking at us? lol

Great move to change it

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Post of the year.

Isnt that where you got your foot massage?

• Haha 1

People can mock me for being heavily interested in this whole uniform situation, but it has provided a fantastic bridge from FA to the draft at the very least .  Really nice time filler and now the draft is right around the corner.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  They modernized the Coslett/Kotite uniforms.

I love it beside the terrible logo on the side of the helmet.

What about the other coaches?

Have something against Michaels?

9 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I only come here for the positivity!!!

Man, youre lost

The back of the uniforms could be interesting — seeing how the shoulder knives terminate behind the shoulder.

are they just tapered to a point in the back too? That’s kind of dumb and not like the 80s logo but would be a normal uniform look, like San Diego without the bolts 

or are they more creative on the back shoulder - a real wedge rather than tapered, or connecting with additional elements down the back of the jersey or across the back - connecting the two through the name plate. Another interesting option could be a contrasting name plate if those knives get interesting behind the shoulder 

the flyers do that 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

My wife just texted me after seeing the PayPal statement after seeing 10 shirts and 5 hats ordered. 

Have you lost your mind, what are you doing. Why are you buying all this Jets stuff. 

LMFAO 

Why are you?

• Haha 1