Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets are the only mascot in the NFL that isn't a person, animal or mythical creature

why they chose a football to highlight this fact is beyond me

also there was a brief moment in the aughts where they animated the football and gave it eyes. It talked to us in the stadium and I'm probably scarred for life 

My stadium experience was the 80s and 90s and I remember a lot of beer, but-cracks, and the highty highty highty ho song 

And the chant 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Huddles says hello. They animated and anthropomorphicized a Jumbo Jet airplane and meshed it with an Aviator that wore goggles and a red scarf. 

1983-NFL-Properties-Huddles-New-York-Jet

That’s actually pretty neat

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Browns are named after a person Paul Brown 

Bills are a Bison (animal) 

Steelers are steel workers (people) they originally were the Pirates but the local contest changed it to reflect how everyone in town made a living 

Chargers is a gray area but the owner Barron Hilton named it after people yelling Charge at the USC games. IT's a stretch but it's named after people doing a cheer (or perhaps charging something like a beachfront) 

chargers are horses 

SD used to have a horse logo too

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/5dylj4wilsumiuzgg9ef7b9v2/Los_Angeles_Chargers/1960/Primary_Logo

The destrier is the best-known war horse of the medieval era. It carried knights in battles, tournaments, and jousts. It was described by contemporary sources as the Great Horse, due to its significance.

While highly prized by knights and men-at-arms, the destrier was not very common.[1] Most knights and mounted men-at-arms rode other war horses, such as coursers and rounceys.[2] These three types of horse were often referred to generically as chargers.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

wow deep cut

Cab Calloway - Minnie the Moocher will get older Jets fans wilded up like none other  

we don't have "we are the champions" we have the hidy ho song 

damn never even knew the name of that song. it was just highty highty highty ho to me haha - i was a kid

those tailgates were sick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

The Browns should then have a picture of Paul Brown on their helmets (I knew this, btw, still a ridiculous team name that basically signifies nothing). 

A bill is not a bison. A Buffalo is similar to a bison but that's the name of their city. A bill is something you pay, or maybe eat with if you're a bird. 

No one calls steelworkers steelers. They call them steelworkers. 

There were three Buffalo teams originally, and one was called the Bisons. Ultimately they named the Bills after frontiers-guy Buffalo Bill Cody

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

God, I hated that. So cheesy.

really? i was a kid and it got the stadium going. it was cheesy but better than we are the champions. also the 80s and 90s were super cheesy 

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By the way, every time this thread gets bumped, I think there might be news and click the thread.

I leave disappointed, alot.

thought that too, but i think they said a spring reveal

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I agree with you, although I’m not sure of the origins of the NY Giants name.  I believe the baseball team named themselves that because thats what their manager nicknamed the players.  Is the football team named after the baseball team?  

Despite that, I always associated it with the size of the city and the buildings it contained.  

the football giants were actually named after the baseball team, as was practice at the time, like pittsburgh was the pirates before the steelers, the bears were named to reflect the cubs, etc. Giants kind of means winners, big game winners, the not-chokers.

The New York Giants moved to San Francisco in 1957 and retained their nickname, which dates back to 1885. It was during that season, according to legend, that New York Gothams manager Jim Mutrie referred to his players as his "giants" after a rousing win over Philadelphia.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Eric Allen have said both are new, but I suspect that it may take some elements from the 80s logo since they showed it a few times in that video. I still remain convinced the colors are Kelly Green and blue-grey. I dont believe this reddit at all. It does not mention a mostly white uniform at all which we will have,

i think the blue grey u talk about is a gunmetal grey which is a bluish toned gray but ppl react to the “blue part” negatively.

i think darold’s been wearing the colors in practice all along. the black and green jersey (may be a slightly dif green - more pop to it) and the slate/gunmetal sweats and under shirt.

its a nice combo

image.png

NYC doesn’t have a set of colors. The Blue and Orange is Dutch and a historical artifact. The fact that there are teams that have the colors is also an artifact, but also a fact. The Dutch brought their Orange to other places as well, including Philadelphia — William Penn was half Dutch and visited Amsterdam 3 times to get Dutch to come to Philly. The Quakers were Dutch and the Philadelphia Quakers Hockey team held those Dutch color of Orange. The Flyers borrowed this history and have the same colors - Orange, White and Black. The Dutch were from the top of the Hudson down the Delaware. The English Yankees in the 18th century replaced them. The English colors were not Orange and Blue. The NY Giants (Baseball), The New Mets (borrowing Giant Orange and Dodger Blue), Islanders, Knicks all have the Dutch colors, but the other older Baseball Teams, Hockey Teams, and Football teams that we know today — none had this color conbination. There were many many other clubs besides the well known ones going back to the 1800s with other color identities. 

The original Brooklyn Dodgers (1883-4 (Brooklyn grays/Atlantics)): Dodger Blue, White and (red). Original Uniforms were White with Red Pinstripes...

The Yankees (1901/1903): Navy Blue and White pinstripes, and Gray. The pinstripes didn’t happen until like 1912.

Original NY Metropolitans (1880): Teal, Black and White.

NY Football Giants (1925): (named after the Baseball Giants) Blue, Red; Gray, white.

NY Rangers(1926): Blue, White and Red.

modern NYC def doesn’t have a set of defining colors, and it shouldn’t 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, teptep said:

This is interesting, Thank you for this write up.

As a point of fact, there appears to be a connection between the colors of the NYC flag and several NYC sports teams. Regardless of how anyone feels about this "historical artifact,"  it is a stronger connection than stating that the color black is synonymous with NYC.

I agree that NYC brands shouldn't feel bound to a specific set of colors, and they aren't.  Just hoping they skip both the black and garish Tampa Bay-style designs.

There is definitely no connection to black. I think jay z with the nets connected it to the black and white subway signs. Arbitrary. 

The blue and orange is real, you are right. I call it a fact in addition to calling it an artifact. It’s both. It’s the city’s Dutch heritage (was originally new Amsterdam) and that color heritage lent itself to the state flag. Interesting that the newer teams (knicks, isles, and new Mets) went down that government inspired color route, during the latter part of the 20th century, since in reality, NY sports colors (and therefore city identity - NY license plates were white with blue lettering and red logos until they were recently changed to blue and yellow) were more likely associated with the dodgers, rangers, Yankees, and giants. All of those teams actually have a blue and red combo and some w gray. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Polo Grounds, grey walls, grey colors everywhere.

It’s interesting that a number of early NY teams were named the Gothams, including the football Giants and the Jets before named were bought by the original consortium in 1963 calling itself Gotham city football club. The Gotham’s were also a late 1800s baseball team.

Import to note:

Nothing specific has been confirmed officially.

We know that the change process began in 2014, which is the NFL mandated timeframe for a change in color scheme. So there’s that.

Other than that, an NYJ PR operation has tweeted out teases for the 2019 uniform based on the 2018 practice jersey for QBs which was changed from red / white #s to black / green #s.

The Art Director at the NFL said “it was really essential to create something new for the Jets; it’s such a bold change.”

The Brand Director at the NFL said “You don’t do this very often; I can’t remember in my lifetime the Jets making a change - anything - like this. I think everyone is really pumped for this uniform design. I think when fans see this they’re going to be super exited, they’re going to relate to it, they’re going to feel like this is what the modern jets brand is and feels really right for today.”

Reading into that, there’s no way the uniforms will not be a significant departure from anything we have seen: this person was alive when the Jets switched from green and black and white with the 80s/90’s logo to the 21st century throwbacks, which was a drastic change. I would be surprised to see any derivative elements (any current or past logos for ex) based on these comments, except for retention of GREEN. I would expect to see something that has 

•textural contrast between matte and gloss or metallic and/or

•other texture/patterning/striping elements that adds a new dimension or wrinkle to the standard use of color and logo / wordmark.

I would be shocked if the redesign is just colors and logo but based on the old standards - standard and consistent helmet/face mask gloss, standard helmet and uniform stripes, block shaped numbers.

If the redesign doesn’t exceed what the browns and Vikings did (especially concerning adding matte finish to the helmet) and at least match what Seattle did 7 years ago, I will also be shocked.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Good post.

keep in mind though that marketing and design types will always talk it up as ‘bold, innovative and unlike anything we’ve seen before’ but saying that it’s very clear this is more than a re-fresh. I think you are onto something with the matt finish on helmets. Maybe a metallic/chrome helmet design a la the facemask and decal on the color rush helmets.

i’d be surprised also if grey is not introduced somewhere. Absolutely everywhere you look this year we have incorporated grey with Kelly green into hats, sweaters, jerseys etc.

Either way i’m Up for a change.

agree. also think the hype is super dumb, should have just released the stupid uniforms, logo and color scheme when they announced it.

42 minutes ago, MattyAction said:

Saw on Twitter. Would not be mad at allIMG_20190105_203821.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

this would be “safe”. totally acceptable but i think there will be a lot less white

Nike + Green + Black + Third Color + Bold and Modern = Look to Oregon Ducks for inspiration and possibilities.

I don’t think the team goes this edgy, but I would love if they did, and no doubt Nike presented Oregon’s uniforms as prototypes.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I like those... but if they are going to go with grey helmets I'd prefer they look more like these where the facemask is the same color as the helmet... something about it just looks  good...

1167038-oregon-ducks-football-wallpaper-2018-2620x1744-for-computer.jpg

image.png.e65248c3fd72c97e56fedac6815666aa.png

These are sweet but also love the metallic green ones w metallic green face mask 

I’m NOT expecting something this well designed and thought out. I’m expecting some lame clip art logo of a jet and a green helmet w traditional finish although by how they’ve hyped it, we should expect something with edge 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I have a family member who's worked for a few different sporting goods companies the last 20+ years. He started at Spalding, went to Under Armour, and is now working for another company that is officially licensed to make NFL on field apparel. Over the holidays he gave me some pre release 2019 PGA Championship stuff his company makes. I was surprised he was able to get it since he has a top job in the baseball divislon, not golf. I asked him about the Jets new uniforms. Just so you know, the company isn't Nike, but the one he works for makes product that is seen on the side lines every Sunday. He told me the new Jets products are basically top secret, and even he can't find out what they're doing. He did promise to make sure I got a "care package" on the release date. The point of the story is, none of these supposed teases, or clues you guys think might be real aren't anything but speculation. There have not, and will not be any hints given about what's to come. Not from the team, the league, or the licensed companies.  

everything is definitely under embargo until Jets / NFL say “go”. there would be major penalties as per agreement to any party releasing details before embargo lifts.

20 minutes ago, SheaRay said:

Not too bad. Logo is weak.

DwPypCzWwAAF5N7.jpg

nice clip art jumbo jet, or is that a whale shark 

• Haha 2

man these uniforms are going to have really be a slam dunk.

the combo of Gase and New Bad Uniforms is going to drive this franchise into the trash with the fans.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Obviously I dont want the yellow, but these are so crisp. 

right? they are sick. 

they are slow dancing this uni change and showing too waaaaaay much leg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin Swayne said:

Do you have inside information on this? You seem to be pretty sure. I hope you are correct for the record. 

No one has inside information that can legally be divulged.

this tweet ^ by Woody was just prior to the Jets starting the process to change the uniforms (2014)

this tweet ^ documents a similar journey by the Titans. The Titans process was only 2 years.

in two years working with Nike, the Titans changed

• the font
  • general uniform design layout
  • white helmets with blue facemasks to blue helmets with gray and changed the striping completely 
  • added a lot of gray to the color scheme (facemask/uniform shoulders)
  • added some red accents
  • the logo was NOT changed

these changes took two years.

The Jets have been at work redesigning the uniform for 4 to 5 years.

The people working on the redesign process have called the change, “dramatic."

• Upvote 1

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/future-of-nfl-safety-inside-look-at-vicis-high-tech-football-helmet-production-facility-in-seattle/

"Painting the helmets is a meticulous process. Each team has a specific color they’ve developed and it’s up to Vicis to replicate that. The company has a special custom-built “tint room” where “all the color matching magic happens,” noted Setter."

http://realstuffsports.com/onfield/football/fbhelmets/special-order-helmet-color-choices/

all Matte, gloss, chrome, metallic, and pearl helmet looks appear to be “finishes”, and therefore not part of the molded plastic. They are paint applications.

The Jets can easily send the white helmets to be reconditioned and then apply new colors and finishes to the base white after the fact. The stripes are irrelevant. The facemark is irrelevant.

Can’t believe anyone takes those as real they are so obviously fake and the helmet logo is just preposterous. 

What is that? A tail fin from a commercial airline? It’s square lines are the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

not in a million years would they take 4 years from creative brief to final design design and end up w that 

This thread had become epically uncritical and pretty much toxic 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

the logo looks like a christmas tree with knives hanging off. pass.

logo visible? seen on helmet side where contrasting design is seen, halfway down, the bright horizontal line.

looks like a darker helmet and lighter color logo, white? 

helmet looks matte to me.1256531058_ScreenShot2019-03-05at2_43_01PM.thumb.png.2538cb78f8b4f39171e90b0f5a249498.png

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

there is definitely something on the side of the helmet. i don't know what it is and hope it isn't the tail fin design. but it's something.

56 minutes ago, rayzor said:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1113169922010566658

is this new?  Guess those are the colors? Black, white, green (kelly), gray.  Matte glasses.  Didn't see this video on their site yet.

9316F2D6-03CB-4F21-8A08-073D866E08ED.jpeg

black matte glasses = black matte helmet

the “swords” or whatever they are i could totally see as like streamers on the sleeves, maybe on the helmet but hope not

• Upvote 1

Just now, rayzor said:

Or black matte face guards?

or both?

black felt hat has a dulling matte effect on light too

20 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'm going with a matte green/black combo helmet...it will match the white/green/black uni's equally. 

matte black with a normal gloss green or white stripe would be sick

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Looks like it might be black helmets

if the new video has cookies then definitely looks matte black

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company