Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

28 minutes ago, rayzor said:

assuming he got in touch with someone who blabbed, he might know the colors.  If they aren't white, he'll be chastised.  If he tells us the colors he thinks was revealed to him and they're not, he'll be chastised. That's why it's not worth the risk to tell us.  I don't see how it can "hurt" the Jets if someone reveals what they "believe" the colors to be.

I agree. It doesn't "hurt" the JETS if it does get leaked anyway. If anything it will amp up the expectations. 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Tennessee Titans.

FACTS/// and most Tennessee people loved them at the release, which I thought was laughable, but now most people seem to be mixed on them 

I think they really messed up with the numbers and not getting rid of the "flaming thumbtack" logo. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The helmet has primary and secondary colors that I know.  Tell me what the uniforms look like and I'll tell you what the helmets look like.  Then we can create something based on what we know, maybe add to it what we feel good about from writers and sources who have seen it, and have an Official JN Uniform Thread Rendering that will alleviate all the anguish so many are feeling right now.

SAR I

genius! so our helmets will have our primary and secondary colors....

mind blowing. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

IMG_1254.jpg

Glad to see we are going to embrace a "paper plane" element. lol

2 tone helmet. No thanks

Bad Logo. No thanks

Numbers are bad and not very readable. No thanks. 

I don't mind the green color or how it looks with the black, but I am not a fan of this uniform. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/31/2019 at 9:34 AM, IndianaJet said:

So reading through this post....it made me think of something we saw earlier in this thread.

Read the descriptions of the colors I highlighted above, as well as the emphasis this guy says the uniforms have of a connection to the "city" and then look at these:

crew.png

Big Apple Green - Deep shade of green....but richer than Kelly Green 

Limelight - Bright neon green with an almost yellow tinge

And the references to the city and numbers so big they're supposed to make you think of buildings...what's in the background of those shirts -  Buildings

This guy may have actually seen the unis....or...he may have seen this picture and is just making it all up based upon these crop tops.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, prime21 said:

The Reddit poster said: 

Those helmets are something you need to see, not have described to you. I don’t want to give you an impression that could sway how you feel about them before you see them."

Everything he described he could have got from the pics above and of course without a helmet to see he went with that absurd response when asked.

Based off of these descriptions I guess my hope would be the colors are similar to Oregon's 2014 uniforms. It sounds like it could be a possibility that this is the inspiration for the new JETS uni (as far as colors). Obviously designed for the JETS with the new logo and different accents. The image below has the colors from that season, I am sure if the above colors are accurate then the "bright neon green almost yellow" would be similar to the uniform below and could be mixed in with the other green as a highlight color.

DucksJets.thumb.jpg.370ffb6b3b56dced3bd0ff98c44bc62c.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpglol. I think this is a PS of the Leak from the jaguars.

If this is legit then I guess I can get behind it. Robby and Jamal's white with green are sharp as far as the colors go. I like the black version enough. That shoulder accent is a bit odd looking from the side, they could have re-shaped it a bit there to make it more dynamic. The green jersey looks the worst to me. Black stroke around the numbers??? feels cheap. 

I do not like the lame "new" Jets logo, it feels lame and a weak (scared) attempt at making something better. 

The helmet could be cool looking.

If this is legit, I would expect some tweaks in a few years, it could have been worse. 

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I like it, but I was expecting more....this is NOT a "complete redesign".  It's a "revisit" to one of the worst periods in Jets football history.

Kind of a let down for me too. 

I have a feeling they will be tweaking this in a few seasons, if nothing else to fix the awful shoulder stripe. Feels like they could have been much better based on the picture. just a few adjustments and a different treatment to the numbers/New York on chest.  Also getting rid of the logo on the helmet, which is my least favorite of all. 

You have NIKE doing a redesign and if feels like someone stopped NIKE about 2 steps in and said yeah, lets go with that.... 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cfdfd.jpg

The Jets are part of the NFL and the NFL has traditional/classy/conventional primary uniforms.

And I'm guessing "Limelight" green isn't shown.  Lots of room for alternates.  The void area above the shoulder/chest stripes can get the Ducks treatment anytime the Jets want.  A helmet decal tweak and the Jets can add silver in place of black as well.

SAR I

19 hours ago, Stark said:

Based off of these descriptions I guess my hope would be the colors are similar to Oregon's 2014 uniforms. It sounds like it could be a possibility that this is the inspiration for the new JETS uni (as far as colors). Obviously designed for the JETS with the new logo and different accents. The image below has the colors from that season, I am sure if the above colors are accurate then the "bright neon green almost yellow" would be similar to the uniform below and could be mixed in with the other green as a highlight color.

DucksJets.thumb.jpg.370ffb6b3b56dced3bd0ff98c44bc62c.jpg

I don't know that I agree about the traditional/classy... the teams decide what they are willing to adjust their uniforms to when doing a redesign and since most owners are older the traditional look is more ingrained in their sense of style.

I'd way rather have the 2014 Oregon look (not necessarily all of these above that I posted yesterday), altered for the JETS than what the "leak" may be. The shoulder area of the "leak" should have gotten some kind of treatment versus that 1980's weird accent stripe. Same as the pants stripe.

I will agree that it is not the worst thing ever and can be tweaked and I'd expect that it will. The helmet logo was a copout though.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CTM said:

100% this, seen it 100x. Designers get worn down and it ends up being a mish mosh of just trying to fit in all the different feedback from all the dip sh*ts with a vote.

I can picture CJ saying something like "I dunno, it's not badass enough" and depending on how long into the process the design team either rolling their eyes and complying or throwing their iMac  against the wall

As a designer, when you submit a few proofs, it is almost a guarantee that the client will pick the one design that you like the least. The client almost always will pick the worse design of the group from which to chose and then want to put in their 2¢ and make it uninspiring and boring. It's like I am glad you are willing to pay me a bunch of money to then tell me what you want and why it should be your way. Nike should have pushed back and explained the process and not let a committee push the design.

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I hadn't checked this thread in awhile and didn't see the leak until just now. Assuming these are them, I like them. I love the black version. It would be nice to get a better look at the helmet. 

I still don't like the green pants version - but I never do. I don't think we should ever wear green pants. 

IMO the white jersey with the green pants is the best looking of the 3. The green jersey and white pants just doesn't look right here.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ha!  So that's where Limelight Green is.

We're missing the 6 other players on the right side of this image. 

SAR I

We don't have 6 other "marketable" players. that is legit the top players of the team when these would have been taken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Does it say Jets on the front?  It should say Riddell or the manufacturer.

I am pretty sure it is up to the team, They can have a plate on the front of the helmet. I am not going to post a bunch of images. But here are 2 teams that have the team logo/name as a the front plate.russell-wilson-060518-getty-ftr_pkk4wbstwxnk1x6qpq6k7p6t2.jpg.90155a5b187fa64e44b1003f04d3fa8d.jpg

usatsi_10484227.jpg.9f918c3a2c0c65419960d2a1e3b07eeb.jpg

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Is anyone else throwing a reveal party? 

What time are we supposed to show up at your place, and I am still bringing the Scotch and Cigars right? 

images.jpeg.c470d71bbb6206aa3e751b5c69e635c9.jpeg

Also, I will be bringing my dog, glad you got that "free fence" put in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

It would make sense for these teams since the team name isn't already written on the helmet.

So the GIANTS want the NY logo on the helmet 3 times???

its team preference

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company