Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

How can we be sure these new uniforms actually include jerseys?

will the cups be kelly green or white or black, or do they match with the uniform of the day?

2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm trying to remember:  did they have a reveal last time in '98?  All I remember is video from my "History of the Jets" DVD of Mariucci being like star struck during our first game against the niners in '98.  "Namath!  Maynard!"  But was that the first "reveal"?  did they even wear those uniforms in preseason that year?  I know it was nothing like this, but part or me remembers being somewhat surprised, like Mariucci, when they had the 60s unis in game 1 of '98....

I was also in College at the time, so there's a lot I don't remember from those years!  ha!

there was really not much to reveal - we went back to our old uni's with a slight color change. Hardly warranted much hoopla, except for opening day, etc. This is totally new from what we've heard. Definitely more excitement around it. Parcells wanted to go back to the old uniforms.

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That logo is a cleaner version of what we have and is a real improvement. The hat includes black as a primary color. The entire package of the uniform could be very different and definitely adds another color to our palette. Another sign that this is really it, is that the font on the invites for the reveal and the font on that hat are the same.

Not a chance in hell that is the logo. How is this completely new as was stated by people associated with the team? I would be so disappointed - it's terrible like the old logo (no concept whatsoever and isn't nice looking) and this entire thread would be a waste of time (wait...;) The only thing I want out of this logo is that it has an actual concept specific to the Jets or New York and that the design is more dynamic. 

10 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I’m not in love with it as a main. I’m not a huge fan of the current one either but again I don’t mind it as more of a patch. It just doesn’t really say anything about the Jets specifically. Any team can have their name written out with a football underneath. I get the nostalgia factor but it’s time for something new. I do like the 80’s logo, at least it has a plane in it. I will say, I haven’t seen any new mock up logo that I like either though.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I feel the same way - there has never been a concept in the logo. Graphic design has progressed a million times over since the initial logo was created. I think we'll see some bright green accents, a base green, some white and some black or gray. Just hope it's really dynamic and they don't play it too safe.

49 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Just keep butt cracks from showing, and I'll be happy.

Do most fans (over age 12) REALLY care about the logo, shade of color, or how many stripes are on the uniforms?

On page 146 and you ask if people care 🙄 Some of us actually design for a living and our life is about logo design, color studies and branding.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, its not

A passenger jet is hideous and stupid.  Its not the early 60s

You actually know why we are the NY Jets? It's because there are world renowned airports in the area - JFK and LaGuardia. That's why the original logo was a graphic of a passenger jet. Where exactly are the fighter jets? I mean, the reason for why we are the Jets should be incorporated into the design. Hopefully Nike and the Jets pay attention and put some thought into the design concept. I only spent 5 minutes on mine because I work on client designs and don't have much time to fool around with my own projects. Using a fighter jet is less literal, I know, but it's also not correct. If you are the Sharks and the shark you put on a logo isn't indigenous to the area it doesn't make sense.

6 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

And like the Dolphins, it's a weaker version of a classic logo. 

Nah, the new Dolphins logo update is infinitely better than the old one in design, execution and color. Incidentally, it is a logo update, not a new logo like the Jets are supposedly going to come out with.

17 minutes ago, samicaz said:

Theory time... maybe the jets had players pose in fake jerseys and purposely leaked a fake version to get us all rattled up and tomorrow they surprise us with the new real ones??

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

that would be a really smart move

It's brilliant marketing - leak a concept photo that a lot of people don't really like, reduce their existing merchandise by 30%, and then release the real uni's tomorrow night. People that hate the leaked image will frantically buy up the old stuff as they wipe the perspiration off of their foreheads. The Johnsons then grin ear to ear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You make no sense.

You can put any word on any logo and they will look the same...

What new uniforms do you like? 

I'll explain for them: If you can replace another name in your logo it is a design fail. Their needs to be some concept that links the imagery to the place/team or it isn't done that well. I'm not referring to what is on a helmet, I'm referring to a team logo. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Agreed.  The bengals basically already had this helmet design in the 70s with bengals across the helmet.  All we did was add a football.  Its just terrible design.  A team with the name jets has so much potential when it comes to logo design and this team just spells out the word.  Terrible.

8FCFD57E-77E3-49F8-82AE-D4D30A27364F.jpeg

Is it possible that the logo is not on the helmet? Or maybe there is a secondary logo that is more dynamic that will be on merchandise, like the Rams, etc.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We have a big logo challenge too, people don't seem to realize this.

Unlike all the other NFL teams, the Jets and Browns have a unique problem.  Browns are named after a business executive.  Jets are named after a piece of 50 year old technology.  If we made our logo, say, an airplane, it's unidentifiable as an NFL team, could take 30 years for it to take root, and any cap you'd wear people might think you work for Boeing or an airline.  Airplane styling changes over the years, a stealth fighter would have looked cool in 1990, looks passe today, can't build a brand around a logo that changes all the time.  Military jet?  That's not the type of connection the NFL wants, war and politics, can't happen.  Some see a contrail or a wing as a solution, but that just looks like a diagonal line, it's not a brand.

We need the word "Jets" in whatever logo we choose.  So using "Jets" with an icon of a football is a good workaround for the problem we face.  And it's been working since 1964.  The Jets are one of the most popular and valuable franchises in all of professional sports.  People know our logo.

SAR I

It's a challenge, but I have the same type of challenge all the time with my logo projects. You just have to think it through. It's possible to merge the two in a thoughtful manner with the way a design is rendered, substitution, etc. Logo design is a cerebral exercise more than anything, not just creating a nice looking graphic.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll defer to the graphic design people, but I believe that’s referred to as “noisy,” where you have too much sh*t happening in one part of the design between the football, the letter, and the fin. It’s just aesthetically messy. 

we call it too "busy."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Full Uni-Watch review linked and quoted below.  I agree with almost everything he says here, except I would have deducted a lot more from the helmet grade due to the poor helmet logo.

What I agree with:

Love the new shade of green

Love the metallic green helmet

I like the formal new logo....but not the logo as put on the helmet. 

Not a fan of the black outlining and the black face mask.

Hate the "New York" across over the numbers.

Hate the black alternates, like he says, and like I said before, black alts are PLAYED OUT.  It's the cheap, easy way out and a way to drum up new jersey sales.  

If someone on this board has better photoshopping skills, I would love to see the black alts changed to a gunmetal grey alternate. 

The good news is, a lot of the things I personally don't like (facemask color, New York over the numbers etc.) could be easily changed without much fanfare down the road.  Hell, they could come up with a grey alternate in the next couple of years just to sell more jerseys. (I think the NFL only allows one alternate jersey per year)  I'm hoping this uniform is the start of something that will be subtly modified over the next couple of years.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/04/new-york-jets-new-uniforms-redesign-grades

Disagree with a lot of their take - especially the part where they think a white face mask would be better than black. That would have been a huge mistake as it would have been way too contrasty with the green metallic, which changes it's color based on the light source around it. Black was the perfect choice.

• Upvote 3

I do think a metallic helmet can appear very different from a matte or coated color. They will look brighter in the light and darker on a cloudy day. That would have to help visibility if there was ever an issue with it blending in to the turf. I actually think wearing all green uniforms would be much worse than a helmet, which is usually more than 6 feet from the turf.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

really??? a 5yr old could have come up with a better rendering... it is what it is now but really???

The helmet is my favorite part of the new uni's. Less is more. People probably have said that about Nike's swoosh and Apple's logo. It's much more difficult to make something simple than to make it more illustrative. It actually takes more thought and skill. Not saying I love the logo, I don't. But only because I was told it was going to be completely new and not a "refresh." My hopes were set higher than they probably should have been.

Just saw this on Twitter - not sure it has been posted here. The laces on the ball have been slightly tweaked to represent a jet with the wings on each side. They should use this immediately. It finishes the logo in a really smart way by having the much needed reference to a jet. 

A72458FD-7F16-4212-8C8E-AC91ED3D6BE4.jpeg

• Upvote 4

On 4/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I hated the redesigned logo originally but it is growing on me now.  There's one thing I don't get though.  I am by no means a graphic design guy (R&D/Training Guy in the Cable Industry) but If you look at the football design there was a lot of room for a plane/jet design in  the laces itself.  If they would have just made those laces a little bit longer and shorter in certain areas there would definitely be a plane/jet representation considering the ball is separated length wise.  head on view of a jet through the laces...... Am I crazy?

jets.png

I posted that earlier in this thread - the plane taking off being depicted in the laces - very simple adjustment that makes the logo work - goes from a logo lacking in concept (like the original) to an absolute winner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company