Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Ok....now....WTF....seriously.

I'm done with this thread until tomorrow.....look at this sh*t EA just tweeted, why is he cryptically tweeting about Sam wearing grey????

Sammy D and the Yanks - what a combination!  Love it!  Throw in some Rangers and we're all set!  LOL

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh, Who cares what other teams would or wouldn’t do. Too worried about how we compare then just setting our own standard. 

I agree.  maybe 40 years ago, when they first switched to the "80s Jets" unis, I could understand this argument, but once you make a change, that whole "never make a change" thing goes out the window.

Just now, IndianaJet said:

more questions answered...or not answered

1.  "couple months ago" - explains the no Bell, Moseley, etc

2.  "couple months ago" - kudos to the Jets for keeping this under wraps for that long in these times.  that's actually pretty impressive.  I mean if these really ARE the uniforms, and they didn't get leaked until 24 hours before the reveal, that's crazy!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Seems like jerseys get leaked right before the big reveal every time.  What teams should do is set a date and then surprise everyone a week or two before  Like some of these singers that release albums at midnight with no warning.   But of course this would go against the BIG REVEAL  EVENT that teams want to do.  

I hear ya about the 24 hour thing - I meant how all these people (at least 6 Jets, cameramen/women, etc) knew for "couple months" and not ONE said a word?  damn!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is crazy. I can’t believe how well the secret was kept considering how impossible that seems nowadays. If only they put this much effort into running the organization properly. 

Amen to that my friend!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I care, when it seems they’re making good decisions and the Jets are making dumb ones.  Are you a Yankees fan?  Think they should ditch the pinstripes?

I am, and I get the pinstripes, but I have had exactly ONE Yankee jersey in my whole life!  ONE!  I have had every type of spring training jersey imagineable.  why?  because the pinstripes is BORING!  It's iconic, I get it, and no I am not saying Yanks should change their uniforms.  I hate the Mets, but man, I would have a field day with those uniforms!  Black cap, black/blue cap, blue cap, black jersey, pinstripe jersey, etc etc etc

so from a marketing standpoint, it makes all the sense in the world.  I JUST bought a Darnold jersey last year.  Normally, I would be good for years, but now I will buy an Adams one in whichever color I like most.  The Jets are NOT the Yankees (in fact NONE of those teams - Packers, Giants, Pats, etc are the Yankees - no team is) so that comparison goes out the window.  Plus, the Jets have already changed their uniforms three times (if you include Titans), and even more if you include minor changes like adding black in the 90s, etc.  The Yankees have NEVER changed a thing.  Let's say they add names on back of the jerseys - then all bets are off.  The change is done, they could basically wear yellow after that point.  Once the Jets made the change to the "80s uniforms" as I call them, all bets were off for them IMHO.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I get that changes will sell more jerseys.  I’m speaking specifically to these changes, which, stylistically are not befitting the team, imo

I get it; we all have our opinions.  It's the Jets fan in me - assume the worst and hope for the best.  I have been on this thread daily and I have seen some iterations of potential designs for the uniforms that were just HORRIBLE!!  So the Jets fan in me thinks these will be awful.  seeing this "leak" this morning I was thrilled!  sure, could the logo be better?  could we do without the new york over the numbers?  yes, but they are not awful.  I will not be embarrassed when they hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy wearing those!  LOL

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Realistically the best they can hope for is somewhere around 30% of Jet fans are happy.  You'll never come up with a design that will please everyone.

There's going to be plenty of bitching regardless.

Jets need to be sure the 30% or so that like the design are mostly kids.  Since those are the only ones swayed to like a team based on uniform/logo.

It's funny, because my son and I have been looking at all these supposed designs, and the ones I have liked, he hated and vice versa.  the "leak" from earlier today is the first and only one that we BOTH liked.  so strange!  like you said, there is no pleasing everyone, but to get someone in his forties and a 12 year old to like it is pretty good.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not really. The numbers are likely on top of the sleeves...as in you can't see them from a straight on angle like this photo. It seems they were up there from the jersey tease video as well so if anything this is more proof they are real. If you look at the picture you can just barely make out a "1" on Robby right above the Nike swoosh. 

they are.  someone else posted another pic (in this thread) and you can see the numbers on the shoulders, behind the swoosh

35 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

People were thrilled because the team went out and won and basically from 1998-2011 we fielded mostly competitive teams.  Since then we have sucked and people wanted a change again.

The Giants uniforms are hideous(the white ones, the blues aren't bad).

I agree with everything you said.  and to say "everyone was thrilled with the change in 98" is just absurd.  I, for one, was not.  took me a LONG time to get used to those uniforms, as I always loved the green helmets.

and the giants are ridiculous.  blue is boring, and white is awful!  "big blue" with white/red jerseys and grey pants.  and they copied Jets last time - betcha they change their uniforms in the next couple years again!

• Upvote 2

So you're essentially saying "don't hate them because they could have been worse".  I'd rather they kept their previous uniforms (which were really good, btw)

That’s fine and all, but we have known for a while now that we were getting new uniforms. This is kind of like “getting to the AFC Championship game to me. Yeah, it would have been nice to win the SB (better logo) but man, it could have been worse. A LOT WORSE (Bowles?)

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Why is there an NFL logo on Jamal's sleeve?  Both logos, sleeve and chest, do not have current 100 year version.  Stripe on Jamal and Anderson's shoulder are angled differently.  Heads looked photo shopped.
After a long day, I'm going with very nice but fake.

Logo on Jamal’s sleeve is actually a longer sleeve shirt under the jersey, like what Sam usually wears. Logo is on that, not jersey. Quincy posted earlier today that the photo shoot was months ago - before the new NFL 100 logo was out. Jamal/Robbie sleeve angle? No idea. Could it be different type of shoulder pads? I know on my sons team they have different pads for diff kids... I can’t speak to the photo shopping- no clue

28 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Happy uniform day folks!  This thread has been a blast! 

No matter what uniforms are finally revealed tonight, I'll grow to like them because this is my team, dammit!! , When the team starts winning playoff games and Super Bowls in them, I think we'll all come around!

Agree.  Same happened to me in 98.  Grew up with the green helmets and hated  going back to the old design.  but it grew on me because it was MY TEAM.  I know the same will happen again.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I like it too but I think they're my least favorite of the three. What do you think of the blacks?

I like them all.  I have stated on here numerous times (and I know I am in the BIG TIME minority) that I wanted black.  Everything I own for Jets (except jerseys) is black:  2 jackets (one from '97 that I still wear - the Parcells one), caps, winter hats, gloves, shirts, shorts, etc etc etc.  

I just got a Darnold jersey last year, so my first will be the black.  Probably Adams.  eventually will get all three, but in time.  My b-day is Monday, so hopefully they are out by then and the wife and kiddies surprise me!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think we could have done without the black version, to be honest. I guess it's fine as an occasional alternate, but I'd rather go with the other two more often.

I personally hate the color rush - all green.  bright, dark, whatever.  looks awful.  was so happy that the first Monday night game we wore all white!  but then came the Vikings game...

my hope is that when it's "color rush" time they use the black instead of the shrek look.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

So is the white jersey/green pants version. To me this uniform is an amalgam of the current uniform (the logo) with those 80s/90s uniform. I know a lot of you don't like it, but I think it's cool.

I was just about to type this.  I think that log is a combo of our previous two.  basically took the "current" one, removed the football outline and NY, and kept the smaller football underneath.  I mean I still have not seen a VERY clear pic of the helmets, but at first glance all I see is "JETS" and I thought it was the 80s version.  now that I have been reading it's this new logo from that German youtube vid, it's basically the "JETS" from the 80s, but they kept the football underneath from current.

Just now, sourceworx said:

I didn't like the all green or the color rush. Both looked terrible. 

The white-outs were awesome though.

I never liked the white outs - until last year.  ironic as now we have changed, but I digress.  in the 80s, we had the green helmet, and the Jets basically used all white as their home attire, and I got sick of it.  but at least they had the green helmets.  but all white with a white helmet?  

but that Lions game....oh man, it's amazing how the face mask can make all the difference.  instead of the typical green face mask, they used white.  and I know this completely goes against my previous statement about wanting color, there was just something so cool about that.

anyway now we are done with that.  hope they just do the green helmet with black facemask and then whatever combo.  you know the jets - now that they have the third alternate, we will have 9 potential combinations now!  white/white, white/green, white/black, green/green, green/white, green/black, black/black, black/white, black/green.  I know they didn't show them all in that pic, but I could see it.  I personally hope they just stick with the combos from the picture, as I feel they are the best, but I'm sure they won't.

I mean I could ALMOST tell what game it was last year by just seeing a pic of a Jet in uniform - no opponent.  "oh white facemask, that's the Lions game"...."grey facemask, that's the Colts game"...etc  every game seemed like we had a different combo.  they are gonna market the hell outta this!

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Where is the event streaming at?

I saw that it would be on their website, which most likely means the app and youtube as well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

For instance, I like the new uniforms. I’m a little disappointed that they’re not more radical, I’m glad they didn’t add an airplane to the logo because it’s stupid. But if a plurality had demanded an airplane logo or fighter jet logo, I’d become an unhappy person with the new uniforms. Maybe it galvanizes a new plurality that hates the jet plane logo. It’s a no win situation. So the best way to go about it is to consolidate the power and hope it catches on.

there is no way to make everyone happy.  while we are all Jets fans, we each have our preferences.  I know it's not this simple, and not EVERYONE falls under these categories, but the "older" Jets fans love the current uniforms.  those of us who grew up in the 80s will always have a soft spot for those uniforms, then you have the kids.  for example, my 12 year old son is like friggin' rainbow brite:  loves to wear red/red, blue/blue, black/black etc.  he'd probably love to see green helms, green jerseys and green pants - all bright.  but that won't fly with others.

I have shown him a ton of different takes from this thread.  ones he loved I hated and vice versa.  until yesterday.  it was crazy, but we both really liked the "leaked uniforms".  like I said, can't make everyone happy, but hey to get a kid and someone like me to agree?  that's a start!

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The new uniforms will now be referred to as the Costites.  

It is Coslett and Kotite.

I love the Costites!!!!!

I loved the Costites.  added some black to the unis, and just as I'm getting used to them and buy a jersey in comes Parcells (good for team, but not uniforms! ha!)

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

I am pretty sure it is up to the team, They can have a plate on the front of the helmet. I am not going to post a bunch of images. But here are 2 teams that have the team logo/name as a the front plate.russell-wilson-060518-getty-ftr_pkk4wbstwxnk1x6qpq6k7p6t2.jpg.90155a5b187fa64e44b1003f04d3fa8d.jpg

usatsi_10484227.jpg.9f918c3a2c0c65419960d2a1e3b07eeb.jpg

love the pic of Eli.  so typical. 

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It would make sense for these teams since the team name isn't already written on the helmet.

seahawks, yes.  giants?  no.  giants have NY on sides and NY on front.  so it's the same as us having Jets on both.  I'm telling you:  the fact that people are noticing this stuff amazes me!

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Anyone over the age of 39 shouldn’t be wearing a jersey, it’s childish. 

I’m waiting on a t-shirt (August), polo shirt (September), hoodie (October), and coaches jacket (November+).   Hoping the green works with my khakis and Allbirds; if not, will consider our new black.

SAR I

oh boy here we go.  I'm just gonna sit here, grab some popcorn and watch....

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

One of my favorite authentic jerseys I own. 

Image result for chrebet authentic jersey

funny.  that's the ONLY authentic one I got.  have had so many regular jerseys since and a few before, but that was it. Unfortunately, I was about 80 lbs heavier then and I look like I'm swimming in it now, so it sits in the attic.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have a few authentics Chrebet,Pennington,Esiason,Jones,Lyons,Namath (4) I hardly wear them and if I do its the Namath ones.  Im sure i forgot a few. I have many of the not so authentics a friend of mine used to sell them. 

I don't even know if they sell "authentic" nike jerseys?  I was looking for Darnold last year, and couldn't find one for more than $100.  maybe that's just the newer Nike jersey?  but my Chrebet one FEELS like a jersey you know?  mesh on the bottom, name stitched in, etc.  not that way for Darnold that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They sell them Dicks Sporting Goods can order them and NFL SHOP sells real deal authentics. 

I used to buy them in Princeton N.J at Gerry Crosbys also was a store at MSG. 

hmmm that's weird.  I got the Darnold one at Dick's?  not to beat a dead horse, but do the Nike authentics feel like the older ones (i.e. Chrebet)?  because I got the most expensive one at Dick's and I think it was only $100.  I remember the older authentics being like $300?

48 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That could be Eric Allen.  I posted the reflection in an earlier post.  Now it's more clear.  The guy has a receding hairline!  

AB85C4FF-08D5-49A3-B869-A957CA6ED634.jpeg

F7314BC5-24AB-497A-ABE0-D201F06669E4.jpeg

damn!

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A-Palicki-Popstar04-DL.jpg

What do you think of this color as an alternate?  It's like a grey or mauve.

SAR I

I'm sorry what now?

If that's our logo then this whole thing has been a huge sham by the Jets
Going through all this hype. Having people (even CJ) saying we're getting a logo overhaul and this is the final result, embarrassing.
Plus the slogan for this entire thing has been "Take Flight", and guess what? Absolutely nothing on the leaked unis and logo has ANYTHING to do with a Jet. 

Embarrassing? REALLY?

This is total nonsense.
You apparently can make it up

Yup and I just heard Boomer on his morning show saying this claim was 100% false. He never said that and said the green was fine - no issues.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

I admit that I think the New York Jets have the best looking modern Nike uniforms in the NFL.

You don't have to be a fanboy to see that we avoided some of the hideous design cues that the Texans, Titans, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Patriots, and Jaguars got roped into.  There are some who theorize that Jets suits dumbed-down something far more aggressive that Nike had in mind.  To that I say-  Thank God.

SAR I

I agree for the most part.  listen, it's not like we have had the Namath uniforms for 50 years.  once they made the change in the late 70s, that was it.  this is not changing the iconic Yankees jersey - we have already made multiple changes.

now the Jets fan in me was so worried about these uniforms.  and seeing some of the concepts shown in this very thread, i was even more nervous.  this could have been MUCH WORSE.  are they the greatest things ever?  no, but you know what?  they are not the worst, and as a Jets fan, I thank God for that!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Definitly was wrong about Esaison, however Namath has expressed it. Either way if you had past QBs that complained about it, why wouldn't you just keep the helmets white? 

when did Namath wear the 80s Jets green helmet?  I have been listening FOR YEARS how Kenny and Boomer said they could not see receivers because of the green helmets.  now one of those has been completely disproven.  

hey now we have Darnold.  and if he can't see the receivers, we know he can run!  ha!

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For those unhappy this morning I think you're not going to care about this at all at the turn when we're 6-2, Darnold leads the league in passing, Bell leads the league in yardage, and the New York Jets are the talk of the NFL.

SAR I

from your lips to God's ears!!

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company