Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

24 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Someone on sportslogos.net was able to get this still from one of the videos the jets released.  It was on the table during a meeting.  A slightly different jets logo (says new york above jets), different shade of green and it appears to say 2019 branding.  This doesn’t scream bold to me though.  But who knows...Maybe this is the “logo” but there will be a different helmet treatment?

05683719-FC1A-430C-92D6-02347A2B734C.png

What Nintendo game is that from?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

east-rutherford-new-jersey-usa-14th-oct-

Sam_Darnold_Week6.jpg?itok=TRMgdKQP&c=15

That shade of green has been dominant in the wall covering in the stadium for the last two seasons.  Polka dots.  Could be interesting.

SAR I

The all white with the gray facemask is the perfect uniform.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This team is amazing. The one thing most of us agreed on was liking our uniforms. So what do they do? Change them.

Now who knows, they might come out great, but why would you change the one thing about you everyone likes?

Because the New York Jets are more of an Instagram page than a football team these days.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

When was the last time any of you whiney Marys saw a NFL uniform change and thought they were ugly, hideous or whatever other nightmare you expect for the Jets?  Do you people ever stop moaning and groaning?  

Pretty much every recent change has been dreadful. And the Jets current uniform was better than the previous Titans, Bucs, Browns set too. There's absolutely no reason to change the uniforms. The only reason Jacksonville dumped their mistake was because of Coughlin.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Browns already ditching their “new and bold” disasters. Soon to be the Jets in 4 years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because you've seen the Jets uniforms.  And of course the Jets uniforms have a lot to do with the Browns. 

The Jets have everything to do with the Browns. They’re just 5 years behind them.

If that's actually the new logo then maybe this wont be so bad after all. Nice clean update to what we had.

42 minutes ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

lol. I think this is a PS of the Leak from the jaguars.

Brutal

• Post of the Week 1

Stripes look early 2000’s. Cardinals and Falcons uniforms look terribly dated. Yikes 

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I was thinking Colorado State, but yeah. 

North Texas

• Upvote 1

They look like an off the shelf High school under armor template from the mid 2000’s. Why on earth would you change something that was working for this?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

The Patriots did and won 6 super bowls. Their "new" uniforms are now historic. Winning changes everything- GTFO.

The Pats themselves don’t even like the updated uniforms. They just can’t change them because they’ve won in them. The old Pat the Patriot stuff sells more and the Pats would be wearing it if the NFL allowed it.

These Jets uniforms will get the 5 year minimum then be scrapped for a more normal, professional look.

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

it’s an internal pitch document. one of many iterative mock-ups they threw together. this was not meant for the general public at all.

Right. But they are definitely the uniforms. Unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, funaz said:

What is not normal or professional of the look? The new logo while not drastic is a definate upgrade of the horrible one we have now.

The current logo is a mess with different type fonts, and too much overlap. The new one is just an iteration of our existing one that makes more sense and looks better but not a drastic department from what we have now.

The Jersey's are underwhelming, if anything they are too normal but they aren't bad.

They look like an off the shelf high school template. The stripes and the black shadow were big in the early 2000’s. The uniforms just look dated and meh. Like a rip off of North Texas. Jets had a solid professional look. 

If they wanted to change, whoever had that Adams photo that had been floating around forever with the old logo would have been perfect. This update just looks like 2003.

Edit this one:

DZtijEDWkAEZOtx.jpg:large

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

That logo is absolutely disgusting... I will not don that logo ever... I'll stick to the 80-90s logo that was by far the best. The rest have been absolute trash.

Looks totally rushed. The black outline is sooo dated. Even the Mets finally dropped the black. The pants stripe is dated. The New York across the chest? Why? Tacky.

A change for the sake of it when you have a solid uniform just doesnt make a ton of sense. These uniforms already look dated and belong in 2004. 

Hell that crazy redesign with the airplane wing on the helmet was cleaner than this mess.

We'll be seeing a change in 5 years when the league lets you change again similar to the Browns.

1 minute ago, teptep said:

It seems like an odd choice to essentially go back to the 90's uniform and increase the angular lines and then incorporate a curved wordmark rather than just go the whole way and use the 90's wordmark.  As with anything, it will become normal with time, but can you say that the 80s/90s wordmark wouldn't go better with the theme of the rest of this uniform?

Yeah. It's essentially the Coslet uniforms with "futuristic" striping that went out of style like 10 years ago. 

I was expecting more of a Vikings style classic update(the Vikings first update was a disaster similar to this one). Either way, swing and a miss here.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

Signaling that it is a new era for the team. Same reason Parcells wanted the change when he took on the team. 

Parcells just brought back the older uniforms that everyone wanted anyways.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No one was clamoring for the old unis at that time.  It wasn't like they were listening to the fans and changed, Parcells wanted to change in 1997 when he took over but wasn't allowed and it got pushed back to 1998.

Everyone hated the Coslet uniforms and yes at the time people were happy with the switch back. Parcells made it be known he was going to change them and everyone wanted it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You make no sense.

You can put any word on any logo and they will look the same...

What new uniforms do you like? 

The Vikings were able to pull off new and traditional with their update. That's probably the best one to date. Buffalo did a great job with theirs too, as the update from the Kelly era to Bledsoe was a disaster(similar to these Jets uni's)

The Browns update was a disaster. The Jaguars had to tone theirs down too. 

These Jets uniforms are a clear downgrade, but as Butterfield also pointed out, they also look cheap.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, British Jet said:

People need to accept that in the days of lazy digital media, companies are paid millions to strip down classic logos into something that’s easy to replicate, easy to flip colours on, easy to put on everything. 

Take my English football team, West Ham. We had a crest that everyone loved, and we paid design company hundreds of thousands of pounds to “rebrand us” and they came up with the one on the right. It’s horrific. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZzPZtoHZhPurahmcA

All the Jets have done is make the same logo more digital-friendly. 

This is true too. Look at what the NFL did to the Super Bowl logos.

cjbhvsa6shofavsomiwi

Jets with the Broncos striping 20 years later. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

It’s not the same. They’re both striping so I guess that’s the same.

The pants stripe is that late 90's early 2000's template that was started by Denver and used mostly by mid tier college programs and high schools. Just looks dated.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope they're fake.  It's like we took the mid-80's helmet (with a little different shade of green) with Charger lightning bolts on the shoulders.  Not sure how I'd describe the jerseys themselves though.  I feel like maybe they're similar to the early 90's uniforms?  But maybe it's either Michigan State or Tulane?

I really wanted a white stripe on the center of the helmet.  Very disappointed.

Yeah the lack of stripe is amateur hour too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Every NFL teams uniform resembles someone else’s uniform. There isn’t any new ground to be discovered.   Shirts and pants have been around for thousands of years, shocker. 

When people look at the helmet will they realize we are the New York Jets? When people look at the colors and the uniform will people realize we are the New York Jets?

Fundamentally that’s all the uniform needs to accomplish.  And it does.

SAR I

The old uniform did all of that. A lot better than this one does.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Because there was custom and tradition built into it. 

I don’t get why everyone is whining about no airplane on our logos. We’ve never really done that and I’m perfectly okay with it. I never think of the Jets as based on aeronautics, I think of the Jets as football.

I prefer the classic uniform. Im ok with an update, but this is just an off the shelf template that was popular in the early 2000's. It looks cheap and rushed. Also the unnecessary addition of black(which we did once and it failed) its totally outdated. Hell ,even the Mets dropped the black.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Still thinking and hoping they're fake.

They’re not. 

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm a professional in the graphics field .. I'd be surprised and baffled if that 'leak' is real in any way ... There are so many amateur things in that image it made me laugh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It’s the Jets. 

Chris found an old 2003 Eastbay catalogue and liked the template. No other explanation. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I like the green. It looks like a throwback to the 80s uniform.

This is a throwback to the 90’s uniform

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

black outlined numbers, black facemask disaster. What a freaking disaster

Huge downgrade. The Mets already tried this.

More live access to the uniform reveal than Gase's press conference.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Taken bets how long it takes for jets to go back to Namath era unis 

I think you'll see them start to wear the 80's throwback and it will gradually morph into the full time uniform like it did with the Rams. But the minimum is 5 years before you can totally change again. Jacksonville already trashed their mistake and Cleveland is next season.

Just now, Rexorcism said:

Chris Johnson is a boring motherfvcker

He's always talking in the I want to bang you voice.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company