Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Also, for whatever it's worth, the jerseys in the Jets shop are completely NOT like the vibrant green they're showing in their cute little promo videos.  The sh*t they're going to sell the public is Saskatchewan Roughrigers / Eastern Michigan green.

What a damn flop.

image.thumb.png.ee2ea0c495cf2e41d92198234379fa73.png

Just now, neckdemon said:

I just never liked the old logo much. They actually made it slightly better at least. I was hoping for more of a 1980s style logo. But it's better than what it was

lol

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

I was noticing the same. In the nfl shop the blacks are also duller, almost matte black, or super super dark gray. In the the photoshoot pix the contrast explodes. 

I’m telling you.  Even for those who like the design, this aspect will end up being a big letdown. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Aside from being a totally uneeded redo of a perfectly fine uniform its not bad.

For me the best part of it is the New York on chest. At least people calling them the New Jersey Jets can STFU now.

Our stadium, headquarters, and half our fan base are literally all in NJ. Makes that large obnoxious text even dumber. 

7 hours ago, joebabyny said:

The jerseys the players are wearing are NOT the jerseys being sold on the jets shop, it is not a difference of lighting or camera.

from instagram

54511154_720842994977991_459309464577371

from jets shop

ff_3304683-31100bdee32e38fa2169alt1_full

On the Jets shop you can even click the pic and zoom in, seeing there is no stitching around the letters, numbers, fabric patches etc. Maybe they will come out with a game authentic, but there isn't one yet. I am disappointed there is not one available on release.

Yup.  This is what I’m saying. This is going to be *extra* embarrassing. 

I still think if the green letters sold on the jerseys to the public are matte and dull, this project gets an extra minus.  I hope someone here gets one soon and checks in.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

New green- good

Black- dated and uneccessary

Wings instead of traditional stripes- also dated and unnecessary.

Drop the black accents and the black uniform, change the dated/futuristic stripes to traditional football stripes, add a stripe to the helmet and youre good. 

Agree mostly, and the green jerseys that Burleson / Schrager were wearing this morning looked not that terrible.  But still waiting to see what the green numbers on the white jerseys look like.   If it looks like the below it's going to be as disappointing as the green shade from the past few years.

Men's Nike Sam Darnold White New York Jets Player Game Jersey

Just now, Matt39 said:

Pretty much. Colts have a classic uniform, which was the closest to the Jets previous set. Imagine the Colts adding black for the hell of it? 

We had a classic look until Nike took over and made us look like Oscar the Grouch.  Really the only thing our uniforms needed at all was a popping shade of green, with everything else staying exactly the same.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The stuff sold in stores is going to look cheap. I haven’t bought a jersey in years but the Nike stuff just looks like a shirsey.

They could at least get the friggin colors right!  Watch, I bet they sell the "elite" jersey (at $350) with the correct color.

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

It was neither large nor dumb. May I ask do you work for the Jets? If not whats with the "our" fan base? Oh i see you are one of those guys that says "we" when referring to the team as if you are actually part of the organization.

Solid point, bro.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

My only regret is that it wasn't Eric Allen up there bombing on stage and trying to kill an hour for ten minutes worth of content.  I would have really enjoyed that.

Oh, and note to Jets Management:  If you didn't get the memo on the disdain for the Jets Chant by seeing what the fans did to Fireman Ed and how we disregard it 3x a day at home games, perhaps yesterday's feeble attempts at getting attending fans into it will finally get through.  The Chant is stupid and its dead.  Stop trying to shove it down our throats.  K?

SAR I

Scorching hot take from a wine and cheese Jet fan who sells his tickets to Pats fans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets are competitive the chant is actually one of the more redeeming and unique qualities of the team. 

100%.  But I wouldn't expect a wannabe bourgeoisie sycophant who routinely offloads his tickets to the "common man" he claims to despise to understand that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I just emailed Neil Glat thanking him for the new uniforms and asking him to make the Chant and all references to Fireman Ed a part of the old Jets branding that we just tossed in the garbage.  Fingers crossed.

SAR I

Neil Glat seems like you if you were actually successful 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Good luck getting me to believe SAR has traveled to Foxboro for a Jets game. He has a hard enough time resisting the urge to sell his tickets to opposing fans, so as to spare his 1995 BMW the arduous trip down Route 17 from Carlstadt. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

There must be 200 people lined up here at Modell’s in Paramus to buy a new Jets jersey and meet Sam Darnold for an autograph.  Nice turnout.

SAR I

Short trip for you from Carlstadt

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company