Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The black trim in the 90s was ok but not as good as just green and white.  Black as a primary color would suck.  New unis are fine but we can't abandon the color scheme too, can we?  

I don't want it (and its not happening) but watching this board implode after the Jets announce the new colors dont include green would be epic

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And reading the two threads you can see that no matter what they look like, no matter how good, the board will implode from both the people who like them and the whiners who just whine our of habit.

True, there is a large contingent of fans that if it doesnt look almost exactly like the Super Bowl unis or the Parcells 80s unis will pop an aneurysm. I guess from the Jamal video we know bright/kelly/lime green will be the primary color.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe, or it was just put out there to keep people guessing.

I'm 99.99% sure its not going to be a literal copy of a uniform we wore before.  Especially one from the dark years or that we originally wore and have worn an updated version of for over 20 years.

Your guess is as good as anyones. We'll not everyones

Yeah they emphasized "bold" in the One Jets drive video....and Allen in training camp said everything would be new. I am pretty much OK with anything BUT black as the main focus. We are Green and White...other colors could be brought in but black as a primary just seems wrong for the Jers

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's because of the Dutch in our history: we are the New Amsterdam colony for the West Indian Trading Co.

NYC is a Grey, Black, and Navy Blue city. 

Look at what typical NYers wear, and you'll see we reflect the colors of the North East's weather patterns of being overcast and jaded by the years of living amongst 8.6M people coupled in 302.6 square miles of city land.  

I don't get that at all. It's the big apple, and the official colors are blue and orange. Where is black blue and grey come from? Seems odd to me

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

grey... from the city landscape... black... no clue.

city colors are symbolic not descriptive generally..but OK

Maybe we are becoming the Gotham Bats, and will take sponsorship money from DC to tie our uniforms and team into the DC Universe as the official football team of the DC Universe. We will also half share the new stadium branding with the Giants when Metlife sponsoship expires and we will play at Gotham City Park.

38 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I would be very happy with this as long as we don’t use one of those weird modern fonts like the Bucs 

Ehh...seems to go against the things the Jets have actually said. Silly we need to wait until April.

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Another sh*tty fan attempt 

I don't hate it. And it has some elements that have been hinted at. Bur the 80s logo helmet does not seem to align.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

The helmet im fine with. The cheap looking jersey and pant stipe needs work. A more similar shoulder stripe to what we have now would look sick in a lighter green.

We love the Jets uniform for history but that concept Jersey I think is probably nicer. It is very clean. If we wind up with something like that I would be very happy.

• Upvote 1

If there was ever doubt on the Jets new uniforms that was eliminated today with the way the Jets dressed"

Kelly Green -Blueish Grey - Blue  (with Black and White)

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

Black would be the MOST interesting color to add - it would pop a kelly green more than any other color. I'll say it again, New York is defined by the color BLACK! Black is urban, tough and cool all in one. It's about time the Jets used it. 

I disagree strongly with every word. Black would be the LEAST interesting color to add

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok doofuses.

The Jets teaser video revealed the new green, here it is:

My prediction is that the two primary colors (and potentially only colors) will be that new green with black.

1C588292-57B4-410D-A53B-64E474AD25D2.jpeg

I think the secondary color is grey, and possibly blue as well. Look at the ties in the Gates press conference, especially Allens. He is wearing the colors and a shirt in the blue-grey they will use.

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I highly highly highly highly doubt that this is real, but someone on Reddit posted this asking if it was a legitimate leak, and I wanted to see the reaction here 😂😂😂😂.

c0UJ5zy_d.jpg.a2d6e47cb359b3ce684fdf513b7c7254.jpg

Almost definitely fake, but a couple interesting things. It would go perfectly with the cleats Jamal twitted, and the logo is interesting though I am not sure I like it. Just screams soccer. Definitely would be bold. Fails the Allen statement of everyone will be pleased statement.

I am sticking with the kelly gree/blue grey color scheme that matches everyone's ties at the Gase press conference

13 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Dude...no. Lol. It’s just a tie. 

Except they are not necessarily just ties. Gase is the new coach and any marketing team worth its salt would try VERY hard to work in the new color scheme without breaking the disclosure rules from the NFL.

And in past press conferences they never really tried to match so much. I believe Allen is wearing the bluegrey shirt that matches the colors and the tie has the uniforrm colors.

All conjecture, and I could be completely off, but it is consistent with the One Jets Drive video. I find it fun for some reason to speculate and looking forward to seeing them (and likely quickly surfing here and complaining)

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

looks like a rugby shirt

Obviously it could be a render but it is a very good one. That pic really does look like an" in the fabric" so to speak jersey. It looks real. 

The Jersey is potentially real. The render is definitely not. Havent we discussed this already?

45 minutes ago, peebag said:

Don't mind me, just trying to get this thread up to a 100 pages.

It might reach 125 before we actually see them in April

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Patriots are exhibit A.  They had classy red, white and blue uniforms for years but didn't win.  I don't like their current uniform but it is associated with success.

I think most of the uniform redesigns have been pretty good. I dont believe that the Jersey shown is what we are going with. We are all building it up to the point we will all be disappointed.

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So, has anyone heard that we're going to have new Uniforms next year?

Seriously? Now that is a scoop... we should have a thread, though I doubt it would be 70 pages long or anything

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Awful.  Sucks if this is true. 

God I hate those practice jerseys.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, redstorm61 said:

You"re joking right.....players and sports writers evey year pick the Raiders uniforms as eaither 1 or 2 ..the jets and the little white uniforms,,lol dont make me laugh

Chargers powder blues are the best uniforms in football and not even close. I have seen MANY polls and articles where they are first. Sometimes though since they are an alternate they are not included and something else is selected. Raiders uniform is awful in my view but I hate black clothes.

Kelly Green Bllueish Grey, Blue (White and possibly black alternate) still believe that is what we get. No idea on what the logo will be though I think it will take inspiration from the 80s one.

Well about 2 more months and we will know. Hopefully they do a couple more One Jets drive teasers.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190130-232234-01-01-01-01.thumb.jpeg.1564c40331bbd4096eb464781037fc3d.jpegScreenshot_20190130-232226-01-03.thumb.jpeg.6744b32b87326c31e648c84e51d59cf7.jpeg

Found this concept on Twitter and decided to tinker with the original colors as they were too washed out for what I was thinking the new green would look like.

I'd be a fan of this.

It's not horrible.

29 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Logo is excellent conceptually. I would've liked to seen it incorporated onto the helmet instead of the phail 80s logo

I agree. The logo has potential. Just needs a little tweaking to make the NY stick out a bit.

• Upvote 1

Umm...linking advertisements and posting lame ass helmets. Lock and dump.

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

newjoke.jpg.eecb0787f13a69c1ea51c99682764ecb.jpg

New colors

I think you mean it as a joke but I do actually think that is pretty close to the colors.

35 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Adding some gray or black as an accent might happen but completely going away from green and white will never happen. Never.

If they do let this happen it will be the Jetsiest move since the flying lawnmower or possibly ever.

The Jets have already confirmed that green is the main color in the Adams video

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, if you're gonna abandon green and white why not change the name of the team too? Might as well alienate any and all history or fandom and start from scratch.

Not sure why people are discussing us abandoning green. As I said before if you watch the teaser video from the Jets on the uniforms with Adams it clearly points to green in a lighter shade being the primary color.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  

Nothing about it says he is the new green unless you want it to say it.

You seriously believe that? A big fricking green ray in exactly the shade of green we expect them to move back to, for a team called Gang Green at times, is just a random color with no significance? As a famous Hard Knocks character once said, "child, please"

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Whoa Whoa, only 60% chance on the helmet now? 

My odds:

80% chance the logo will change minimally because "Jets" in bold italic will remain/be the main feature of the logo ( JETS )

100% chance that the "primary" color is green. By primary i mean the color that is not White/black (I think one uni version will be Black- Green home, black away)

33% chance the helmet is white. 

My odds:

25% chance the logo is completely new and very bold

75% chance the logo is a combination and reinvention of the 80s logo and the 60s logos

100% chance the primary color is light green something like kelly or lime or the color rush color

80% chance that the secondary color is a blueish grey

60& chance blue is used in some variants

80% chance there is a primarily black jersey

90% chance the white jersey uses the grey

100% chance there are white pants (likely with grey)

100% chance there is a green oriented pant but likely not purely green

50% chance there is a black pants option

50% chance there is a wild combination that combines green, grey, white, blue and gold 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward thinking, embracing our fans embracing our players.” "It’s going to be a dramatic change." "Create something new for the Jets. Such a bold change." "I can’t imagine in my lifetime the Jets making a change anything like this." "Wow this is what the modern Jets brand is and it feels right for today."

I like to post this ever so often. 

Yeah it does suggest something radical which opens up almost any possibility. I tweeted to Jamal today that we need another teaser

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

According to Michael Salfino, the uniforms were described to him and the closest thing he could find to describe it was this concept:

IMG_20190215_072736.thumb.jpg.8b1c63ffecd8f954556f40a3bd795dc5.jpg

Obviously this is not the uniform and he said that there will be some differences between this concept and the final product (the fade on the side), however he was adamant about two things: "JETS" will be appear in the top middle part of the uniforms and there will be a black alternative.

Once again, I've edited the original picture to match the colors that we appear to be getting and to remove the fade near the numbers:

IMG_20190215_072736-01-02-01-01.thumb.jpeg.92a8823753b1f5a17b9b589be1590e1c.jpeg

I'd love something like this.

Its not terrible but it is extremely bland and would not in any way fit the description of how bold and daring it is in the One Jets drive video

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I can't wait until the "Bold New Look" turns out to be a slight tweak to the uniform after this insane, 100 page thread.

Seems possible if that uniform that looked like the one described to that twitter poster turns out to be the one.

40 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

th?id=OIP.wIr-pl7LijIN_r3FntTvggHaHa&pid=Api

Had to google it.

"Greige" is the new Taupe. Know your colors :)

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company