Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

They should change the name of the team. Honestly, maybe they should have after 9/11. They're ashamed of the name, they don't reference the thing they're named for, and don't incorporate it anywhere. 

They are The Green New York Football Team! (Who do everything in New Jersey).

Just call them the Greenbacks or Stockbrokers or something. 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not true. We're talking about hue and tonal values. Not finish.

When metallics are involved you have to talk about finish. They’ll look different in sunlight than stage lights. In some pics the helmet is a pretty close match, but they’re never going to look the same. Their error is having the helmet be metallic while the rest of the fabric is not.

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Wait.  Why is there a football on the football helmet?  Is it so we know the team is a football team?  Or is it to make sure we're not accidentally rooting for the Winnipeg Jets?  Why is the football there?  Why not an NY or like, an actual Jetplane?  Or nothing.  Nothing at all.  Seems very unimaginative.

It’s 100% about international marketing and keeping Chinese kids from confusing the football-ish team with the hockey team 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Dumb franchise makes another dumb decision. The short sidedness of this decision is just sad, but enough people seem to like the new shiny thing, so it’ll do what it was intended for, to take your money. 

Ive said what I’ve wanted say, I’ll return to my rock. Maybe I’ll come say hi in draft night. 

Are you sure you don't want to make the same exact comment another 40 times before you do that?

• Upvote 2

I might have a pretty unpopular opinion but...

I like them.

I think they're going to grow on us quickly and I like the more simplified look of the helmet.  It'll take a little while to get used to but I think these are modern, clean uniforms with great color combinations.

Time will tell.

• Upvote 3

Jets, for future presentations, never expect Jet fans to be chipper and applaud on cue just because you want them to.

Instead they will silently stare at you like the smuck you're acting like.

Also pop star guys singing with high pitched voices are a no go.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do we know which one of these uniforms are our primary home and away jerseys?  Or is it just whatever they feel like that week?

Home is traditionally the white jersey but the home team decides which to wear. The away team wears the opposite. 

Pants don't matter. 

6 minutes ago, the Claw said:

When metallics are involved you have to talk about finish. They’ll look different in sunlight than stage lights. In some pics the helmet is a pretty close match, but they’re never going to look the same. Their error is having the helmet be metallic while the rest of the fabric is not.

They will look even worse in sunlight.  Sucks that they couldn’t even do the basics right.  

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I was more embarrassed by the sideshow that was the 2012 team.  By Santonio Holmes flipping the ball to the opponent after he hurt his knee.  

Crowell wiping his butt with the ball on TNF was pretty bad too. 

This was awkward, and over sensationalized for marketing.  Silly.   The Patriots owner got popped in a  "massage parlor."  Now that's embarrassing.

Well said. 

I can't believe the deal everyone is making about this  Watching Antonio Holmes start a fist fight in the huddle during a game where if we won we had a chance to make the playoffs was 100x worse than the boring show they put together tonight. Personally It didn't help that it just happened to be my son's first live Jets game. 

The uniforms are fine. Not spectacular. Not terrible. They're just fine. It's not the biggest deal. 

The problem with the show is that these execs will never learn that big money people never get excited or cheer for anything.  If you wanted people to be loud, it would have been a god idea to pack the house with blue collar tradesmen types that would have been grateful to be there.   These champaign swirling suits couldn't even get a Jets chant going. The show sucked but it would have been loud if it were more real fans in there than press. 

That's my 2 cents anyway.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Wait.  Why is there a football on the football helmet?  Is it so we know the team is a football team?  Or is it to make sure we're not accidentally rooting for the Winnipeg Jets?  Why is the football there?  Why not an NY or like, an actual Jetplane?  Or nothing.  Nothing at all.  Seems very unimaginative.

Congrats! You're the first person to make this point after over 6500 posts. 

• Haha 1

It's clearly a corporate "by committee" design. That said they are not awful:

I actually think the all white looks better than what we have now.

The two combos of green and white are ok.. Green jersery white pants look better.

Not a fan of the black but I hate black clothing.

The colors are decent. The white is very nice. I think they will look better outdoors and under bright lights.

I get the thought behind the logo, I dont think it works. Didn't someone tweet it might be tweaked a little?

The design is sort of meh and just saved by the colors. Not feeling the wedge and I just think they could have been just a little more intricate to really make everything pop.

It is what it is. A super safe, super design by commitee uniform that has some elements but doesnt feel totally realized. 

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I think Cimini tweeted Green top white pants are home

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

The only uni I didn't like was the one that Donald was wearing green jersey white pants. 

So just don't watch home games?

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

That was so brutal, so corporate , so awkward and so Jetsy.  We have erased the stigma of the butt fumble and replaced  it with a fashion show wreck!  Well done

I can't imagine the Giants doing anything like this, lol 

• Upvote 2

My thoughts: What the hell was that abomination I just watched? Holy crap that was sad and painful to watch. For crying out loud, if you’re going to do a uniform reveal, can’t our guys wear some pants that actually fit right? Prez Mal and the rest looked stupid with their legs showing between the pants and the socks IMHO. I mean, it’s a show, try to look good for 15 minutes  

And Chris, if you’re going to talk about energy and winning and al that other stuff you were saying, how about acting like you didn’t just get off a Thorazine drip? 

I dig the uniforms, mostly. Not a fan of the spotlight white pants Robbie had on against the white top. Dig Gotham Green and I liked Sam’s combo best with white pants and green top. And I liked the helmets too, though I was hoping for some sort of plane getting incorporated back into the logo. Not as bold as advertised but not too bad overall. 

• Haha 1