Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, ID. said:

Agree, and I think the lighting is a reason for the “helmet color doesn’t match uniform color” comments.  Can’t wait to see them on the field.

im very happy with them, helmet is just awesome.

I doubt it.  You see it with teams across the league.  Its like nike doesn’t take a look at what they look like on tv.  Its utter crap.

39 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lol wow, the Jets manage to **** up almost everything. It’s uncanny, and truly remarkable. They took great uniforms, decided to “fix” them, and made them worse. Why didn’t someone speak up and tell the designers that these are hideous?

Took the best uniform in all of sports and destroyed it. So pathetic. Not surprised that the Jets would ruin this also. The helmets are AWFUL. Did a 4th grader design them? .  Total sellouts. What's even more insane was that I believe DARRON LEE was the first to initiate the uniform change. DARRON LEE? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll defer to the graphic design people, but I believe that’s referred to as “noisy,” where you have too much sh*t happening in one part of the design between the football, the letter, and the fin. It’s just aesthetically messy. 

like your thighs

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

Took the best uniform in all of sports and destroyed it. So pathetic. Not surprised that the Jets would ruin this also.  Total sellouts. What's even more insane was that DARRON LEE was the first to initiate this. DARRON LEE? 

The best uniform in all of sports lmaoooo

33 minutes ago, the Claw said:

When metallics are involved you have to talk about finish. They’ll look different in sunlight than stage lights. In some pics the helmet is a pretty close match, but they’re never going to look the same. Their error is having the helmet be metallic while the rest of the fabric is not.

I see what you’re saying, but don’t think that’s the issue. Finish or not, the greens are not the same. Custom paint color on helmet vs. whatever fabric color. Not the same hue. Finish just exaggerated it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Took the best uniform in all of sports and destroyed it. So pathetic. Not surprised that the Jets would ruin this also. The helmets are AWFUL. Did a 4th grader design them? .  Total sellouts. What's even more insane was that I believe DARRON LEE was the first to initiate the uniform change. DARRON LEE? 

Our previous uni's were great.  Of course they would ruin them with the new ones.  These new ones are pretty lame.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The helmet is my favorite part so far. My overall feeling about the new uniforms is more than meh. I'm just happy about a new identity more so than the actual uniforms.

That presentation was painful. It wasn't bad. It was AWFUL! I actually had cringe pain, and had to switch it off.

Agree on the presentation.  JB was not smooth.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

The process began in 2014 according to Chris Johnson 

I don't mind the new jerseys.  Like with the leak, everything from the neck down is pretty good.  I thought the green uniform looked better than I thought it would in the leaked picture.  

The helmet is still another story.  I will admit that it looks better "live" than in the pictures we'd seen, even the higher quality pics that were leaked just before the start of the event, and it's not quite the travesty I thought it would be, but it's still not good.  They could have gone many different, and better, directions with it than they did.

5 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Slow down they started these when Lee was still on the bench in College. 

By the way I want to see you some stuff... Since internet memes and rumors stick so well with you and get you all worked up...lol

38 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Wait.  Why is there a football on the football helmet? 

1.  Because it's been there for 50 years on every piece of Jets merchandise anyone has ever bought.

2.  Because an airplane would look stupid.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

the branding is the whole uniform. unlike say Green Bay or New England where the logo communicates almost 100% of the brand, and the uniform is an amalgam of generic design elements like stripes and fields of color, the Jets identity now is a deconstruction of the classic oval NY logo and 80’s logographic. The streaking wedge-jet on the “J” of the 80’s is separated and placed as unique design elements - not just generic stripes - the shoulder bolts actually are the Brand Identity. Connected with the NEW YORK writ large on the chest, the bolts, the JETS FOOTBALL, and NEW YORK are an integrated branding unit. The traditional JETS FOOTBALL type is left with the oval and the NY, which has moved extremely prominently to the chest. They work in tandem, and  the Jersey becomes part of the traditional helmet logo branding pathway.

People say the helmet logo should have the wedge. that would look dumb and redundant / busy, with the shoulder bolts. the shoulder bolts were a design decision instead of a jet wedge above “JETS”. It’s brilliant actually in that it integrates the entire uniform in a minimalist, succinct brand ID. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thinker said:

i would have loved if they put the AAF fleet arrows on the helmet.

image.png.5c80b187818a2e1dad7b8170e0990fc0.png

I would have loved grey alternates instead of black.  Make every black element on all the jersey and pant and sock combinations gunmetal grey and I would be doing cartwheels.  The black is my least favorite uniform; it's so 2002.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  Because it's been there for 50 years on every piece of Jets merchandise anyone has ever bought.

2.  Because an airplane would look stupid.

SAR I

But they are the "Jets". If something evoking flight or a stylized Aircraft is "stupid", then they should just fully rebrand themselves and  change the f*cking name. 

• Haha 1