Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

But they are the "Jets". If something evoking flight or a stylized Aircraft is "stupid", then they should just fully rebrand themselves and  change the f*cking name. 

We can't.  We gave the only good one left away to Tennessee for free.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

The process began in 2014 according to Chris Johnson 

Then this is even more pathetic. Since 2014? It looks like the logo was  created during a class period by a doodling middle school student. The helmets are an absolute joke. This is so much worse than the epic Islanders logo change that was quickly reversed. I hope the same happens with us. The new uniforms are hideous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Copernicus said:

Then this is even more pathetic. Since 2014? It looks like the logo was  created during a class period by a doodling middle school student. The helmets are an absolute joke. This is so much worse than the epic Islanders logo change that was quickly reversed. I hope the same happens with us. The new uniforms are hideous. 

I agree. The fan concepts are better. 

5 years for something a college kid could have done over a weekend 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

ff_3488375-b7a1405422adfc2fd731_full.jpg

Oh yeah.

SAR I

only criticism is that new york is SO prominent on the front of the jersey, a smaller font would have looked less hokey to me.  I get why they did it, i understand the symbolism... just not a huge fan of that aspect of the jersey.   I'm also having a hard time nailing down what color the green actually is.. it looked super dark in the live stream, but now in pictures im seeing its actually much lighter than i thought and pops more off the jerseys than it appeared to. 

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

SAR thinking these are good is all the confirmation you need. The Jets boned this so hard. 

Ucontext.jpg

The Bad:  Our '68's were Top 10 in the NFL and it is ridiculous that we threw them away.  I agree with you.  I prayed for white helmets for months.  There is no God.

The Good:  Every Nike uniform introduced into the NFL has been hideous except for those that are kept very simple.  What some don't like about them (bland) is actually their strength in the context of the other Nike abominations.  No collars like the Texans and Jaguars.  No shoulder-blocking like the Bucs and Titans.  No cartoons like the Patriots and Seahawks.  Nice and simple.  Dolphins and Chargers got it right.  So too now do we.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Just think all this costume stuff is strange.  Football is a brutal sport- a man’s sport, which makes all this uniform/costume stuff way over the top.

They aren’t ugly, the green doesn’t look like bile, and the fact that NY is prominent and “Jets” is on the shiny Christmas ball ornament helmet, they’re fine.  

Just win.

USC has just announced they are changing their uniforms to reflect a more streamlined and modern style. Here's the leak of the concept. They will be scraping their classic uniforms and will be wearing these from here on out.

Just win

20190404_211952.thumb.jpg.7e22991575f1cc6f6d6cf18148d0c040.jpg

Be honest. You would defecate feline adolescents.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I don't think we're anywhere close to as bad as the Islander logo but I agree with everything you said.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

only criticism is that new york is SO prominent on the front of the jersey, a smaller font would have looked less hokey to me.  I get why they did it, i understand the symbolism... just not a huge fan of that aspect of the jersey.   I'm also having a hard time nailing down what color the green actually is.. it looked super dark in the live stream, but now in pictures im seeing its actually much lighter than i thought and pops more off the jerseys than it appeared to. 

The NEW YORK is a HUGE part of the new branding matrix. It’s even more prominent t than the “Jets” on the helmet bc it is so unique. What other teams have something identifying written so big and boldly across the chest

19 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I doubt it.  You see it with teams across the league.  Its like nike doesn’t take a look at what they look like on tv.  Its utter crap.

We’ll see... in some of the more recent, hi-res pics, the colors seem more aligned.  As someone said, it’ll never be a perfect match due to the metallic vs matte textures.

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

USC has just announced they are changing their uniforms to reflect a more streamlined and modern style. Here's the leak of the concept. They will be scraping their classic uniforms and will be wearing these from here on out.

Just win

20190404_211952.thumb.jpg.7e22991575f1cc6f6d6cf18148d0c040.jpg

Be honest. You would defecate feline adolescents.

That's an improvement over their Ronald McDonald uniforms.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Mega hot take, new helmet is my favorite.  The colors make it look at least a little exciting.

6 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Helmet is a combo of all JETS helmets.

They did a good job.

inCollage_20190404_212001785.jpg

This pic actually makes the new one look better than I thought.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Thats a 9-7 wardrobe, shoes don't match the purse for most here.IMG_0471.thumb.JPG.ea1ff5eb940549e1e9f085cfee045942.JPG

Are you holding the shotgun on them while they sign these autographs?

”Make it out to Tony, or I’ll blow your f$@&ing head off”

• Haha 1

The uniforms are missing stripes on the sides underneath the armpits. They look way too bland. They'd be somewhat bearable if they had those stripes. 

I wonder how much money and people were spent on developing these? Probably took a business model approach, too many people working together, trying too hard (4 years) with one person (Woody or Chris)  making the decision. It's supposed to be a work of art. Should have taken just one artist and majority decision between a large group.

I hope they get some tweaks 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

lol

A fan who bases their fandom on a logo is not a fan you want in the first place.

I think it is fair to say none of us have but Canadians and others have said “I got into the Titans because of their jerseys,” for example, which was the point I was making (if someone is saying the logo is about money).