Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Agree with those who don’t like the football logo on the helmet. Do we need to know what sport this is? Only team in the league with that.

Thought I’d like the green helmet but it’s too much.

Green jersey seems too busy. Don’t really like the shade of green chosen either.

I know the winds by the shoulder are the homage to the team name but I don’t think they look particularly good.

White jersey and black jersey I like better than the green but I think just because there’s less going on.

Event was ridiculous. Bad pace, lack of understanding of audience, not sure what was going on with the music. Missed opportunity to kind of introduce Mosley, Bell, etc too.

The New York on the jersey should look solid on a T-shirt or a hoodie which I’m more likely to purchase than a jersey anyway.

Overall kind of reminds me of the recent Browns rework which is already going away. Hope the next jersey is more simple than this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, derp said:

Agree with those who don’t like the football logo on the helmet. Do we need to know what sport this is? Only team in the league with that.

Thought I’d like the green helmet but it’s too much.

Green jersey seems too busy. Don’t really like the shade of green chosen either.

I know the winds by the shoulder are the homage to the team name but I don’t think they look particularly good.

White jersey and black jersey I like better than the green but I think just because there’s less going on.

Event was ridiculous. Bad pace, lack of understanding of audience, not sure what was going on with the music. Missed opportunity to kind of introduce Mosley, Bell, etc too.

The New York on the jersey should look solid on a T-shirt or a hoodie which I’m more likely to purchase than a jersey anyway.

Overall kind of reminds me of the recent Browns rework which is already going away. Hope the next jersey is more simple than this one.

Blah blah blah disagree with everything you said.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The best way to gain bandwagon fans isn't a cool new logo, it's cheating; see: The Patriots.

Trust me, I know. There are literally dozens of busses in my town in Mexico with their logo HUGE on the back, but I’ve also heard some people that didn’t know any teams and picked one with cool colors, later becoming die hard fans. 

15 minutes ago, Vader said:

this kind of thing is impossible to pull off w so many competing agendas and stakeholders. they did that. the uniforms are impossibly aggressive and classic simultaneously. if they win, these unis will be instant classics

+1

I can't see how anyone who wanted a new uniform could be upset by what he got.  This is how Nike does things.  You were getting a Nike design.  "Aggressive and classic" is a great way to describe them.  That helmet is LOUD.  That Jets logo on the helmet is LOUD.  That New York script is LOUD. 

Yet its simple.  The font is basic.  The colors are basic.  The logo is an old friend.  Best of both worlds.  Great job.

SAR I

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

When I see these jerseys I have the same exact feeling I had first time walking through met life stadium...  under whelmed, stuck w this crap for the foreseeable future

(sigh)  I couldn't agree with you more.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

I can't see how anyone who wanted a new uniform could be upset by what he got.  This is how Nike does things.  You were getting a Nike design.  "Aggressive and classic" is a great way to describe them.  That helmet is LOUD.  That Jets logo on the helmet is LOUD.  That New York script is LOUD. 

Yet its simple.  The font is basic.  The colors are basic.  The logo is an old friend.  Best of both worlds.  Great job.

SAR I

I realize you're going to talk yourself into it no matter what we ended up with but these new uni's are pretty "underwhelming" (to be kind).  I guess it's possible they'll grow on me but it's hard to imagine that considering how nice our previous uniforms were.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

USC has just announced they are changing their uniforms to reflect a more streamlined and modern style. Here's the leak of the concept. They will be scraping their classic uniforms and will be wearing these from here on out.

Just win

20190404_211952.thumb.jpg.7e22991575f1cc6f6d6cf18148d0c040.jpg

Be honest. You would defecate feline adolescents.

5666D67A-6361-4B19-8893-8259F7457DA7.jpeg

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

The helmets pretty much ruin the uniform. It’s absolutely disgusting. The jersey and pants are decent but the striping could be better. After all the hype I’m a bit underwhelmed. That’s pretty much all I have  to say on the unis. 

The helmet is a combo of the history of the team and the nicest one yet.

inCollage_20190404_212001785.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Imo, the green helmet only works with the white jersey.  Just like the 80's, we'll probably end up wearing white at home and the greens will only show up when we're at Dallas or Miami in September.

Jets-4.thumb.jpg.900452e0bcf1e70e691fc2f6d8c547b5.jpg

One can only hope. The green jersey is my least favorite, which is sad to say.

26 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

How are these greens the same.  Someone tell me.

image.thumb.png.0976422c2aac199cc6cd57bd2024861f.png

image.thumb.png.a731dabf46ce2713026886ae34c91c5b.png

I was noticing the same. In the nfl shop the blacks are also duller, almost matte black, or super super dark gray. In the the photoshoot pix the contrast explodes. 

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I’m telling you.  Even for those who like the design, this aspect will end up being a big letdown. 

you mean what they sell fans v what the players wear?

i can’t tell. stealth black implies matte finish as stealth technology relied traditionally on matte finishes. a stealth black would be a matte black, and lighter, faded black on the scale of blacks.