Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

No way this Franchise spends all this money rebranding and keep The stooges we having running this team. They Will have a new HC perhaps new GM to ushers in the new era.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Jets just posted on insta about 

A bold new design for the modern Jets, it's going to be a dramatic change 

It's not looking like a minor tweek or change to Kelly Green 

Fingers crossed lol 

Link?

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I saw that also. Not gonna lie, what I heard makes me leery, not excited.

I’ve been a Jets fan since 1968, I always liked these Jets uniforms but I do think they need a fresh start and re-branding. I’m very open minded in terms of a new uniform. It coincides with Darnold and, in all likelihood, a new HC.

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will say this.  I find it kind of amusing how many people basically loathrbthis franchise and it's underwhelming and often heart wrenching history, but want nothing to do with distancing itself from the past from a brand/visual standpoint.

Because the current uniform is the only stable and appealing thing the team has to offer. 

The team has an expansion level roster and soon to be expansion level unform. 

• Upvote 1

There is a very small part of my soul that secretly hopes the Jets pull out an all-time bad (to my tastes) new Uniform/Logo, and thus frees me from this lifelong curse for good.

I root for the laundry.  When I was a wee lad, I liked the Jets because they were green (my favorite color), not blue (which was meh to my 5-6 year old mind).

If the Jets do some garash modern urban style black uniform a la the Darnold jersey above, given my current mental state re: the Jets it might just be the final straw for me.  I would no longer desire to root for that laundry.  

A small part of me hopes for that.  Which says a damn lot, tbqh. ☹️

• Haha 1

There is a very small part of my soul that secretly hopes the Jets pull out an all-time bad (to my tastes) new Uniform/Logo, and thus frees me from this lifelong curse for good.
I root for the laundry.  When I was a wee lad, I liked the Jets because they were green (my favorite color), not blue (which was meh to my 5-6 year old mind).
If the Jets do some garash modern urban style black uniform a la the Darnold jersey above, given my current mental state re: the Jets it might just be the final straw for me.  I would no longer desire to root for that laundry.  

Lol. Me too man. I wish it was that easy. I’ve tried to get my son to be a ravens fan like his Baltimorean mother but no dice. He loves this crappy team and it’s deep already at 10 years old. Now I can’t leave the poor kid behind no matter what crap they put on our struggling players.

When we get defillipo and nkeal Harry in the first rd after an off-season of beef cake o line infusion, we will be back with all the hope in the world. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I don't care what uniforms they wear.  I just want them to win football games.  Pink floral prints would be fine with me if they could consistently win 10+ games a year.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

No way this Franchise spends all this money rebranding and keep The stooges we having running this team. They Will have a new HC perhaps new GM to ushers in the new era.

I agree. There will be a new coaching staff for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they go bold with the hire as well, to go along with the new uniform. An excitable guy like Jim Harbaugh to get the fans energized and eager to buy that new Jets jersey or hat. :D

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't care what uniforms they wear.  I just want them to win football games.  Pink floral prints would be fine with me if they could consistently win 10+ games a year.

Would you feel the same if the Bulldogs did that?

45 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Would you feel the same if the Bulldogs did that?

If they won, I wouldn't care.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

If they won, I wouldn't care.

Georgia is one of the few Nike schools that hasn’t gone to the crazy alternative uniforms.  Clemson and Alabama have also not gone down that road.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Georgia is one of the few Nike schools that hasn’t gone to the crazy alternative uniforms.  Clemson and Alabama have also not gone down that road.  

Tradition means a lot at those schools 

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bingo! This isn’t just a team getting new jerseys. It’s a complete rebrand, in conjunction with Darnold, and to a certain extent Christopher Johnson.

We are currently witnessing another season of our same old Jets. They are trying to shed that image.

But let’s put aside the fandom and emotional spirit and break it down to cold hard dollars. Seats are empty. The Johnson can blame most of it on themselves for the PSL nonsense. But if this was a premier team, tickets and PSL’s would be sold out. The Jets have the QB, but their coach brings no hope or excitement. Not that Bowles’ personality would matter if we were winning...but we’re not...and haven’t ever made the playoffs with him.

This place was FILLED and ready to erupt in Week 2. Most excited I’ve seen our crowd since 2010. Bowles’ team didn’t even show up. That was it. Losing is one thing, but they no-showed again. Darnold was the best player on the field that day. It was also the last time they actually were aggressive on offense, had Darnold scramble. It was a flukey day, Robbie’s fumble, Herndon’s drop, Herndon not stretching into end zone, Pryor not stepping in front for a TD, no Pass interference call on Minkah in end zone for a would be TD. But the team slept walked the first half.

Fans knew then, same old Jets this season. Everything snowballed since then. They need a fresh start next year. Bowles is gone along with our old logos and jerseys

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Lol

I picked them because they’re green too.

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Because the current uniform is the only stable and appealing thing the team has to offer. 

The team has an expansion level roster and soon to be expansion level unform. 

This. The Jets have a top-five uniform in the NFL, but a top-five uniform doesn't make Woody money the way a brand spanking new Arena League uniform will. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This. The Jets have a top-five uniform in the NFL, but a top-five uniform doesn't make Woody money the way a brand spanking new Arena League uniform will. 

On the flip side, at least an Arena League Uniform would properly put the Jets Franchise in it's proper frame of reference, quality-wise.

I’m all for the black and green jerseys and dramatic overhaul. Bring it on. 

It’s gonna be a great look and feel with our new HC and Sam leading the way. 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

american-football-player-flower-made-statue-flowers-concept-modern-sport-purity-hybridity-36473988.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Bingo! This isn’t just a team getting new jerseys. It’s a complete rebrand, in conjunction with Darnold, and to a certain extent Christopher Johnson.

We are currently witnessing another season of our same old Jets. They are trying to shed that image.

But let’s put aside the fandom and emotional spirit and break it down to cold hard dollars. Seats are empty. The Johnson can blame most of it on themselves for the PSL nonsense. But if this was a premier team, tickets and PSL’s would be sold out. The Jets have the QB, but their coach brings no hope or excitement. Not that Bowles’ personality would matter if we were winning...but we’re not...and haven’t ever made the playoffs with him.

This place was FILLED and ready to erupt in Week 2. Most excited I’ve seen our crowd since 2010. Bowles’ team didn’t even show up. That was it. Losing is one thing, but they no-showed again. Darnold was the best player on the field that day. It was also the last time they actually were aggressive on offense, had Darnold scramble. It was a flukey day, Robbie’s fumble, Herndon’s drop, Herndon not stretching into end zone, Pryor not stepping in front for a TD, no Pass interference call on Minkah in end zone for a would be TD. But the team slept walked the first half.

Fans knew then, same old Jets this season. Everything snowballed since then. They need a fresh start next year. Bowles is gone along with our old logos and jerseys

I say let Harbaugh decide on the uniforms...or Reggie McKenzie 

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Can someone link the Jets Instagram post. I cannot find it

I'm feeling my paradigm being shifted as we speak watching that clip.  

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agree with almost everything you said here except Darnold being the best player on the field that day. I thought his first half was horrible, easily just as bad as anyone else. He's a rookie so its one thing if people keep forgiving his ints at crucial times and absolving him of blame, but lets not lose sight of reality either.  

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Bingo! This isn’t just a team getting new jerseys. It’s a complete rebrand, in conjunction with Darnold, and to a certain extent Christopher Johnson

this, and more. it is not just to an extent.

Chris Johnson is featured HEAVILY in the new rebrand video. He’s out front, on top, in control.

This rebrand also appears to have begun in 2014 — it isn’t a reaction to the current season, although, it doesn’t appear to coincide with and has accelerated with the emergence of a new FQB. It was probably timed that way.

It likely has to do with research they have done regarding consumer behavior and brand affiliation, as well as merchandise sales. The old classic branding is actually extremely limited and unappealing to millennials, younger gen X, and gen z. 

They have to go in a bold, fresh direction, that pops. 

If they go black and green, they would probably go with a steelers-like-color-scheme, replacing the yellow with a similar tone green, and using an accenting color or texture. Like white, chrome, gray, and/or with textural accent of either gloss or matte, or contrasting shiny/matte, and/or textures, like a carbon-fiber or similar.

The helmet will probably be a new iconic look and I would bet you will see a big splash like a chrome helmet with a green mask and say, a converging vector shape in white or green or contrasting matte, that starts wide in the back and proceeds to a point at the forehead above the facemask. This helmet is going to have to be a splash. But if you think about it, the classic Michigan helmets if they never existed and came out new on a team rebranding in the NFL today — ppl would say that’s garish, too new, too wild.

The way Nike Branding Labs works, the Jets have become Nikes Frankenstein.

Think Seattle Seahawks new branding but on steroids, and with a new logo. I actually think this is a great idea. The Jets are going to have to look more like Jets, more aero, more space age.

Right now they don’t look aero, they look like army men. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I think there may be an Easter egg in the video. At the end of the video there are 6 people walking towards the camera in like a V pattern. At the very back in only a couple of frames is a guy in a vest. The Vest is in a light green, and a blue-ish grey color. I would wager a good amount that those are the colors of at least one variant of the uniform. Eric Allen had hinted there would be a nod to the Titans uni. The color combo looks really good. No idea how to extract a still image.

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think there may be an Easter egg in the video. At the end of the video there are 6 people walking towards the camera in like a V pattern. At the very back in only a couple of frames is a guy in a vest. The Vest is in a light green, and a blue-ish grey color. I would wager a good amount that those are the colors of at least one variant of the uniform. Eric Allen had hinted there would be a nod to the Titans uni. The color combo looks really good. No idea how to extract a still image.

I’m on the record as saying there is no way they go with a blue and green combo — way too seahawksy and it doesn’t look very good when they aren’t winning. I would bet you hard chips on the record it will not be blue and green.

the explicit nods we have gotten are to a lighter green, and black. those could be red herrings since they said “completely new” which could mean totally new color scheme sans green altho that would be dramatically off brand 

I just hope we go with 2 toned helmets like the Jags did a few years back!