Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

46 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

5666D67A-6361-4B19-8893-8259F7457DA7.jpeg

Basically you're agreeing with his point then.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

much better

Yeah, copy the stripes of how many different teams that have these?
If we did youd be crying that theyre not original.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I like the New York on the chest. I think it's a nice little addition that's different from a lot of teams. 

All in all, I'm really okay with it. My biggest fear was that "modern" would mean some kind of disgusting Tampa Bay or Oregon looking monstrosity. For the most part, I wouldn't really call these uniforms modern at all. Everytime I look at it I feel like they just brought back the early 90's uniforms. The most "modern" component is the helmet which, coincidentally, is the only part I really dislike.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Helmets blend right with the turf. Brilliant idea (again) Jets. But how would they ever think of that?  Only Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien, and Boomer Esaison complained about the difficulty of picking up the receiver because the helmets are the same color as the turf. You can't make this up. 

This is total nonsense.

You apparently can make it up

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll defer to the graphic design people, but I believe that’s referred to as “noisy,” where you have too much sh*t happening in one part of the design between the football, the letter, and the fin. It’s just aesthetically messy. 

we call it too "busy."

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I realize you're going to talk yourself into it no matter what we ended up with but these new uni's are pretty "underwhelming" (to be kind).  I guess it's possible they'll grow on me but it's hard to imagine that considering how nice our previous uniforms were.

I just re-watched the Uniform Reveal on YouTube.  Skipped to just the players walking on stage.  Muted Smoove.

You know what?  I think our uniforms are awesome.  I really do.  I believe firmly that they are the nicest modern uniform Nike has created in the NFL. 

When you get away from all the noise and the whining, you will find that the shoulder contrails are very special and look very dominant and different at many angles, the chromed green helmets are ridiculously dynamic, the New York script across the chest is proportionally designed, and that helmet decal is f-ing cool.

Watch the video a few more times.  Turn the sound off.  It's a very cool uniform.  I may violate my own rule and buy the black one.  I think it's quite special.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our previous uni's were great.  Of course they would ruin them with the new ones.  These new ones are pretty lame.

completely agree. they really dropped the ball, so very jetsy of them.

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

These are growing on me. Except the Black. That's brutal.

lol.  The Black is the one I thought looked the meanest. I hope we open the season with it. 

Different strokes and all that. :P  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol.  The Black is the one I thought looked the meanest. I hope we open the season with it. 

In the stream, the blacked look bad ass. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

You have horrible taste,  BLACKBEAN.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Drums said:

In the stream, the blacked look bad ass. 

That green stripe swoosh thing is gross against the black background. The whites are by far the best. They should try to wear those as often as possible, but of course, they won't.

Ok so critical review time, 

1 so the helmet and jerseys just will never match color of green, that is by design? Some say the color looks different in different light, but the obvious question how is every other team able to match helmet to jersey? I guess I just don't understand it, why not make same color. I did the metallic green helmet but why not make that the green on the jersey...

2 so I'm digging the jerseys you can buy, but why are they so much different? Shouldn't that be what the jerseys actually are? 

3 I guess they are growing on my but the blacks only three times a year? Wtf. The whites should be home and the blacks the away. The green can be color rush. Also we can agree color rush sucks.

4 the number seem to be a green closer to the helmet, why not use that for all the green. It's like they just half assed it. I mean be consistent.

5 Im about to get on the shop and see what I want I think in retrospect the simple jets plus football Really have been our logo forever and they just updated version. I'm disappointed that they didn't do the NY skyline that would have been awesome

• Upvote 1

The jerseys the players are wearing are NOT the jerseys being sold on the jets shop, it is not a difference of lighting or camera.

from instagram

54511154_720842994977991_459309464577371

from jets shop

ff_3304683-31100bdee32e38fa2169alt1_full

On the Jets shop you can even click the pic and zoom in, seeing there is no stitching around the letters, numbers, fabric patches etc. Maybe they will come out with a game authentic, but there isn't one yet. I am disappointed there is not one available on release.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

lol we'll see

Hehe, you are right though, they do look different. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Giants would have hired an actual NY celeb to host this. You’d have JLo or DeNiro doing this rollout. That the Jets think JB Smoove is a celebrity is proof positive that they lack diversity in their marketing arm

Adam Sandler would've worked

59 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Crazy how Robby has managed to stay so healthy. Looks like you could pick him up and snap him over your knee.

6806r6srocq21.jpg

careful... he may bust a nut in your eye.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Nike nailed it. They remembered the past, yet it's a bold new design for a new era of Jets football. These new Jets helmets are tinted in a way they appear to change colors when paired with the spotlight white, Gotham green, or stealth black tops. With the spotlight white jerseys the helmets almost appear candy apple green, then combined with the stealth black jerseys the helmets appears to show more of a black accent. 

I hadnt seen a upclose pic of the helmet before reading your post... I kinda like the helmet logo. I like that its bigger than it used to be - Well it looks bigger to me, anyway. So far since I first saw it yesterday, I'm not a fan of the new color. I'm sure it'll grow on me but I've yet to see a team with a metallic helmet that I like. I think it would look better with a white face mask. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Nike nailed it. They remembered the past, yet it's a bold new design for a new era of Jets football. These new Jets helmets are tinted in a way they appear to change colors when paired with the spotlight white, Gotham green, or stealth black tops. With the spotlight white jerseys the helmets almost appear candy apple green, then combined with the stealth black jerseys the helmets appears to show more of a black accent. 

That's really interesting. The helmet is definitely the most modern and innovative element in what is otherwise a more simplistic look. 

Also I just noticed, the black itself isn't as dark as it could be. (looks lighter than say what the Raiders have.) They've actually added "Jet black" to the color palette. Sneaky, sneaky.

7 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

That's really interesting. The helmet is definitely the most modern and innovative element in what is otherwise a more simplistic look. 

Also I just noticed, the black itself isn't as dark as it could be. (looks lighter than say what the Raiders have.) They've actually added "Jet black" to the color palette. Sneaky, sneaky.

yeah its matte black, like stealth paint is matte ;)

These are actually really well done. Only thing I don't like is the whole idea of a black jersey/uniform just because it's been done to death in sports overall. That said, it's still a nice jersey. Love the helmet, though the logo took about 24 hours for me to come around on. Didn't like it at first on the leaked pics. I get what they're going for though. I'm probably in the minority on the 'NEW YORK' part of the jersey but I like that too, actually. It's bold. Not in love with the shoulder accent/whatever thing but it might grow on me. That's my fashion review. Gonna go back to wearing a zip-up Adidas hoodie and board shorts on my couch now. 

Based on the comment on Instagram from some of our players post . A lot of players around league like our jerseys lol . Especially the black jerseys 

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sounds like a line from the Movie: The Devil Wears Prada

THEY ARE SH!T CONSIDERING THE $$$, EFFORT and SUPPOSED 4+ YEARS of "Effort" Spent on the marketing team by Nike. 

OH, BTW, You should have just banned me after your petulant tirade, @Maxman:-) 

- The "Stupod Clown" LOL.  

The uniforms are sharp, now let's start wearing them in games in January
and February

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aside from being a totally uneeded redo of a perfectly fine uniform its not bad.

For me the best part of it is the New York on chest. At least people calling them the New Jersey Jets can STFU now.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I just re-watched the Uniform Reveal on YouTube.  Skipped to just the players walking on stage.  Muted Smoove.

You know what?  I think our uniforms are awesome.  I really do.  I believe firmly that they are the nicest modern uniform Nike has created in the NFL. 

When you get away from all the noise and the whining, you will find that the shoulder contrails are very special and look very dominant and different at many angles, the chromed green helmets are ridiculously dynamic, the New York script across the chest is proportionally designed, and that helmet decal is f-ing cool.

Watch the video a few more times.  Turn the sound off.  It's a very cool uniform.  I may violate my own rule and buy the black one.  I think it's quite special.

SAR I

Going to have to agree with you here. Im surprised that they nailed the most important aspect I was concerned with...the color green. They absolutely nailed it.

I do wish the logo on the helmet had a take flight swoosh or something to that effect. But overall great job.

• Upvote 1

Can you photo shop dudes make the socks green with the black uni?  I think that would look great.