Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Around 6:40 AM this morning, Boomer and Gio on WFAN discussing how the green helmets blend into the turf and how former Jets Qbs have expressed this . My apologies, I forgot to mention that Namath has expressed it also........ 

No one can prove to anyone that the helmet color effects the game.  

Started with Vinny saying some helmet colors bothered him.  Hes colorblind though.

Who knows, really, do you think that a QB, anyone, cant find a player on the field because of their helmet?  Players blend in and cant be seen?  

Just listened to it.  Boomer talks about the green helmet, says it looks great.  Says its much nicer than the green he wore.  Gives the helmet a 10 out of 10.  Called it the crowning achievement.  Cant stop talking about it.

And he thinks the unis are cool.  And much better in person....

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

THEY ARE SH!T CONSIDERING THE $$$, EFFORT and SUPPOSED 4+ YEARS of "Effort" Spent on the marketing team by Nike. 

OH, BTW, You should have just banned me after your petulant tirade, @Maxman:-) 

- The "Stupod Clown" LOL.  

Ok. my preference was to give you another shot even though you wasted our time reporting posts for fights that you started. But no worries I will take your suggestion. Take care.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No one can prove to anyone that the helmet color effects the game.  

Started with Vinny saying some helmet colors bothered him.  Hes colorblind though.

Who knows, really, do you think that a QB, anyone, cant find a player on the field because of their helmet?  Players blend in and cant be seen?  

Honestly, I would think the helmets matching the sideboards around the stands would be a bigger deal.

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Yup and I just heard Boomer on his morning show saying this claim was 100% false. He never said that and said the green was fine - no issues.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

He went on and on and on how cool and impressive the helmet it.  Nothing about it making it hard to see players on the field.  Thats pure nonsense

https://21153.mc.tritondigital.com/OMNY_BOOMERGIO_P/media-session/c151baf4-16cb-415a-b63f-bc27b561cff8/d/clips/4b5f9d6d-9214-48cb-8455-a73200038129/32ad3f7a-9469-4d73-911f-a789006d3042/36132f9b-039c-4120-a84d-aa2600b96aff/audio/direct/t1554463019/Gang_Green_s_New_Look.mp3?t=1554463019

12 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Love the new shade of green

Love the metallic green helmet

I like the formal new logo....but not the logo as put on the helmet. 

Not a fan of the black outlining and the black facemask.

Hate the "New York" across over the numbers.

Hate the black alternates, like he says, and like I said before.  Black alts are PLAYED OUT.  It's the cheap, easy way out and a way to drum up new jersey sales.  

I'm pretty much with you. I find the black to be a boring, lazy, uninspired choice for an accent color. I hated the black when Coslet added it to the uniforms, and don't feel any better about it 25 years later. The rumor of a "limelight" green was at least interesting. I'm also no fan of the logo. Again, boring, lazy, and uninspired. Seems to me like someone, somewhere, could've drawn up an image of an airplane instead of sticking with that football. I know they're a (generally poor) football team, I don't need a football on the helmet to remind me. And New York across the jersey and the Jets on the front of the helmet are more words than I need already, didn't need JETS on the sides of the helmet, too. 

But the green is improved overall, the helmet really pops, and the design of the jerseys and pants are simple enough that they can't be offensive. 

20 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

So you admit you are a fanboy?

Ucontext.jpg

I admit that I think the New York Jets have the best looking modern Nike uniforms in the NFL.

You don't have to be a fanboy to see that we avoided some of the hideous design cues that the Texans, Titans, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Patriots, and Jaguars got roped into.  There are some who theorize that Jets suits dumbed-down something far more aggressive that Nike had in mind.  To that I say-  Thank God.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

I admit that I think the New York Jets have the best looking modern Nike uniforms in the NFL.

You don't have to be a fanboy to see that we avoided some of the hideous design cues that the Texans, Titans, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Patriots, and Jaguars got roped into.  There are some who theorize that Jets suits dumbed-down something far more aggressive that Nike had in mind.  To that I say-  Thank God.

SAR I

I agree for the most part.  listen, it's not like we have had the Namath uniforms for 50 years.  once they made the change in the late 70s, that was it.  this is not changing the iconic Yankees jersey - we have already made multiple changes.

now the Jets fan in me was so worried about these uniforms.  and seeing some of the concepts shown in this very thread, i was even more nervous.  this could have been MUCH WORSE.  are they the greatest things ever?  no, but you know what?  they are not the worst, and as a Jets fan, I thank God for that!

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I like the uniforms.  It's entirely possible for Jets fans to like them.   Imagine that.

SAR I

Agreed, some who hate the unis seem so bothered by those who like/love it. Bottom line those who dislike it are without a doubt the most nasty about the Jets rebrand and they're the minority group.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

here-is-a-closer-look-at-the-new-helmet-

The helmet, especially the logo designed specifically for it, is my favorite part of the whole uniform.  And that says a lot considering I initially wanted a white helmet so badly.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The helmet, especially the logo designed specifically for it, is my favorite part of the whole uniform.  And that says a lot considering I initially wanted a white helmet so badly.

SAR I

Listen to the show, Boomer cant stop talking about how cool and impressive the helmet is.  A far cry from the claim that he has a problem with green helmets as a player or as a fan.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree for the most part.  listen, it's not like we have had the Namath uniforms for 50 years.  once they made the change in the late 70s, that was it.  this is not changing the iconic Yankees jersey - we have already made multiple changes.

now the Jets fan in me was so worried about these uniforms.  and seeing some of the concepts shown in this very thread, i was even more nervous.  this could have been MUCH WORSE.  are they the greatest things ever?  no, but you know what?  they are not the worst, and as a Jets fan, I thank God for that!

Good post.

In the end, we fell from #10 in the NFL to #20 which on paper isn't a good thing.  But management and players wanted something fresh and exciting and so in that context having the best looking (maybe tied with the Chargers?) modern Nike uniform is all we could have hoped for.

The new uniforms achieve 3 different things together, very well, and to balance them wasn't easy:  a) subtlety, b) aggressiveness, c) tradition.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

129c80132eb901506d8f6621ed0f825d.jpg.53b43cc688d78b4c5480b696442d0d04.jpg129c80132eb901506d8f6621ed0f825d.jpg.53b43cc688d78b4c5480b696442d0d04.jpg

I had an epiphany this morning driving to work. The reason we don't have Jet Airplane themed logo etc. is because the Johnsons think the team is named after the street gang in West Side Story. They have no idea its based on something so...brutish... as High Speed Aircraft.

It all makes sense to me now. Badass.....

The helmet logo is the only thing I dislike.

The uniforms are....fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty much how I expected to feel over the new uniforms for me.  I figured I would probably like them.  I didnt expect Nike, the Jets and the NFL to put out shlt.  Figured even if they werent totally my idea of what they should look like I wouldnt hate them.   Fortunately, I do like them.  But along with that I knew I'd be sad to see the old unis go, I never had a problem with them.  Didn't think they were boring, old or needed to be replaced.  But I do understand why they were redone, get the whole idea of a new beginning and a new outlook.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If the helmet was white I was blaming you. Just saying.

I really like the helmet. Would have liked a “ Jet” in the Logo but it’s certainly a solid job. Helmet color is booming and the overall colors are nice. 100% agree the black version being pedestrian were  a gray alternate would have been way more sexy . 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Agreed, some who hate the unis seem so bothered by those who like/love it. Bottom line those who dislike it are without a doubt the most nasty about and they're the minority group.

One thing we've discovered in this epic thread is that we have about 8 posters who are graphic designers and/or photographers who think they've cornered the market on what is good/bad uniform design.

They forget that in the end it's built to please fans.  Regular people like you and me.  So if we like them, mission accomplished.  I can tell by listening to Jamal Adams that he really likes them, like really likes them.  And tweets from other NFL players are very positive as well.  I care about what fans think and what NFL players think far more than some graphic designer or some guy who covers high school football.

As an added bonus, the new logo and color designs aren't so different that it renders our current collections of hats and hoodies obsolete and at the same time we have the fun of buying new jerseys to replace the old ones.  It's a great day to be a Jets fan. 

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Listen to the show, Boomer cant stop talking about how cool and impressive the helmet is.  A far cry from the claim that he has a problem with green helmets as a player or as a fan.  

Definitly was wrong about Esaison, however Namath has expressed it. Either way if you had past QBs that complained about it, why wouldn't you just keep the helmets white? 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

One thing we've discovered in this epic thread is that we have about 8 posters who are graphic designers and/or photographers who think they've cornered the market on what is good/bad uniform design.

They forget that in the end it's built to please fans.  Regular people like you and me.  So if we like them, mission accomplished.  I can tell by listening to Jamal Adams that he really likes them, like really likes them.  And tweets from other NFL players are very positive as well.  I care about what fans think and what NFL players think far more than some graphic designer or some guy who covers high school football.

As an added bonus, the new logo and color designs aren't so different that it renders our current collections of hats and hoodies obsolete and at the same time we have the fun of buying new jerseys to replace the old ones.  It's a great day to be a Jets fan. 

SAR I

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Just a difference of opinion, that’s cool. It’s subjective, there is no right or wrong answer. 

SAR I

My 13 year old son absolutely loves them. Not surprised. I suppose in some way that's a good thing. Doubt the Jets really care what a late 40's guy who has lived and died with this franchise thinks. It's about the next generation.

• Haha 1

Just now, Copernicus said:

Definitly was wrong about Esaison, however Namath has expressed it. Either way if you had past QBs that complained about it, why wouldn't you just keep the helmets white? 

No Namath did not.

It was someone, back in the late 90s talking about the colorblind Vinny, that it could make it easier for him.  I actually think it was Parcells who said it.

I wouldnt care about white because it doesnt make a difference.  Any more than the Steeler QBs would have a harder time picking up a WR in a black helmet against the night sky than a player in a white helmet.  If white made it easier than green so would black, dark purple, navy blue etc, etc.  Doesnt make a difference 

14 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Makes sense. When you talk to your insiders get them to allow PSL holders to combine rewards points for all seats the have. 

That's been argued with them since the absurd "rewards" program was launched.

The program is an abject failure.  It should be scrapped. Instead, just give STH big discounts when they purchase something at the stadium (little trinkets or autographed jerseys).  A 20% concessions/Jets Shop discount using the swipe card would be very appealing.  Instead we are offered bobble head dolls of Adrian Murell at the cost 14,000 "points" (takes a third of a season to get that).

The rewards program has an occasional big reward auctioned off or raffled off, but only a tiny fraction ever get anything worth a damn.  The structure and mechanics of the program are so bad and the Jets think it's great.  Shows you how clueless they are in Florham Park with respect to what STH's really want.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Bu t I thought You KNEW It was going to be a White helmet.  ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

when did Namath wear the 80s Jets green helmet?  I have been listening FOR YEARS how Kenny and Boomer said they could not see receivers because of the green helmets.  now one of those has been completely disproven.  

hey now we have Darnold.  and if he can't see the receivers, we know he can run!  ha!

Ucontext.jpg&key=0bf4de405a1237abb73b21bcb711fcabd9cae8a922385afc63bf41f45115776e

SAR I

Hmmm now that I see them juxtaposed against other uniforms, ours are pretty dope

The chrome green helmet is

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much what I expected to feel over the new uniforms for me.  I figured I would probably like them.  I didnt expect Nike, the Jets and the NFL to put out shlt.  Figured even if they werent totally my idea of what they should look like I wouldnt hate them.   Fortunately, I do like them.  But along with that I knew I'd be sad to see the old unis go, I never had a problem with them.  Dont think they were boring, old or needed to be replaced.  But I do understand why they were, get the idea of a new beginning. 

throwbacks.jpg

Good post, agreed.

And this doesn't look bad, I can live with it in a few years when we want to go throwback again.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Why would having a New & Dramatically Different logo render your current collection of team merchandise Obsolete???  Do you get a cut of any new merchandise that sells???  ?

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No Namath did not.

It was someone, back in the late 90s talking about the colorblind Vinny, that it could make it easier for him.  I actually think it was Parcells who said it.

I wouldnt care about white because it doesnt make a difference.  Any more than the Steeler QBs would have a harder time picking up a WR in a black helmet against the night sky than a player in a white helmet.  If white made it easier than green so would black, dark purple, navy blue etc, etc.  Doesnt make a difference 

Definitely heard Namath before, believe I heard Gio say it again this morning. Regardless, why use a color that may impede Darnald when other QBs have mentioned the same concerns?  

when did Namath wear the 80s Jets green helmet?  I have been listening FOR YEARS how Kenny and Boomer said they could not see receivers because of the green helmets.  now one of those has been completely disproven.  
hey now we have Darnold.  and if he can't see the receivers, we know he can run!  ha!

Those helmets were matte green. Chrome green glistens under the lights/ sun. Darnold should be fine finding receivers

18 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Being objective, if the goal is to modernize and completely recreate the look/feel of the team, you have to start with the helmet and work from there.  I should have realized this months ago. 

SAR I