Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

58 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

All my bitching and I just plopped down $250 for new gear, without buying an authentic jersey yet.

I hate myself.....

It's called being a fan! I'll be buying stuff today!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Definitly was wrong about Esaison, however Namath has expressed it. Either way if you had past QBs that complained about it, why wouldn't you just keep the helmets white? 

Namath never wore them, but I'm pretty sure Richard Todd tried to place some blame on them for his proclivity for throwing the ball to the other team. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gibby said:

My 13 year old son absolutely loves them. Not surprised. I suppose in some way that's a good thing. Doubt the Jets really care what a late 40's guy who has lived and died with this franchise thinks. It's about the next generation.

For those unhappy this morning I think you're not going to care about this at all at the turn when we're 6-2, Darnold leads the league in passing, Bell leads the league in yardage, and the New York Jets are the talk of the NFL.

SAR I

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Full Uni-Watch review linked and quoted below.  I agree with almost everything he says here, except I would have deducted a lot more from the helmet grade due to the poor helmet logo.

What I agree with:

Love the new shade of green

Love the metallic green helmet

I like the formal new logo....but not the logo as put on the helmet. 

Not a fan of the black outlining and the black face mask.

Hate the "New York" across over the numbers.

Hate the black alternates, like he says, and like I said before, black alts are PLAYED OUT.  It's the cheap, easy way out and a way to drum up new jersey sales.  

If someone on this board has better photoshopping skills, I would love to see the black alts changed to a gunmetal grey alternate. 

The good news is, a lot of the things I personally don't like (facemask color, New York over the numbers etc.) could be easily changed without much fanfare down the road.  Hell, they could come up with a grey alternate in the next couple of years just to sell more jerseys. (I think the NFL only allows one alternate jersey per year)  I'm hoping this uniform is the start of something that will be subtly modified over the next couple of years.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/04/new-york-jets-new-uniforms-redesign-grades

Disagree with a lot of their take - especially the part where they think a white face mask would be better than black. That would have been a huge mistake as it would have been way too contrasty with the green metallic, which changes it's color based on the light source around it. Black was the perfect choice.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Bu t I thought You KNEW It was going to be a White helmet.  😏

No, for months I theorized it was going to be a white helmet.  For the last 5 weeks I knew it was a green helmet.

Initially I was disappointed, but damn, that green hat is fantastic looking.

SAR I

On 3/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, SAR I said:

My summer home in Maine cost me in excess of $390,000 in the last 10 years and I still came up with the money for Jets season tickets.  Again, some of us are diehard and some of us aren't.

Which you then promptly turned around and sold to fans of the opposing team. Diehard! 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

here-is-a-closer-look-at-the-new-helmet-

The helmet, especially the logo designed specifically for it, is my favorite part of the whole uniform.  And that says a lot considering I initially wanted a white helmet so badly.

SAR I

really??? a 5yr old could have come up with a better rendering... it is what it is now but really???

• Upvote 1

I do think a metallic helmet can appear very different from a matte or coated color. They will look brighter in the light and darker on a cloudy day. That would have to help visibility if there was ever an issue with it blending in to the turf. I actually think wearing all green uniforms would be much worse than a helmet, which is usually more than 6 feet from the turf.

10 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Hmmm now that I see them juxtaposed against other uniforms, ours are pretty dope

The chrome green helmet is emoji91.pngemoji91.pngemoji91.pngemoji91.png

We are never going to compete with the Packers, 49ers, Bears, Saints, etc. for best uniform in the NFL.  No way.

But among the 10 or so teams that have modern uni's, I think we're #1 or #2 and that doesn't suck.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That’s a terrible and unnecessary thing to say. I am genuinely pleased with the result. 

SAR I

That’s unfortunate. I guess I was giving you more credit than you deserve.

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For those unhappy this morning I think you're not going to care about this at all at the turn when we're 6-2, Darnold leads the league in passing, Bell leads the league in yardage, and the New York Jets are the talk of the NFL.

SAR I

from your lips to God's ears!!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Why would having a New & Dramatically Different logo render your current collection of team merchandise Obsolete???  Do you get a cut of any new merchandise that sells???  🙂

Nike-Therma-Fit-NFL-New-York-JETS-Hoodie

I would feel silly walking around in an old design hoodie or cap if the new design was radically different.  Our logo essentially didn't change.  That's my Nike go-to Jets hoodie.  Looks more like the new logo than the current logo did when bought a few years back.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Hate the black alternates, like he says, and like I said before, black alts are PLAYED OUT.  It's the cheap, easy way out and a way to drum up new jersey sales.  

Keep hearing its played out.

Then read its a cheap way to drum up sales.

So whats being said is its played out and at the same time it sells more jerseys.  This makes sense how?

Not every black jersey looks good.  To me, with the green they look cool.  I hated the Mets in black with blue.  I like the 9'rs red and black.  Dont like the Ravens, not a fan of the Saints or the Panthers.  Depends on the uni

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Flipside - Darnold is out after 2 games due to porous OL, Bell's out of shape and we're 2-6.

Still liking those unis?

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think this would've been far better for the helmet: 

07bfh1yoyeq21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Do you not see that you have that 80's airplane wedge and contrail on the jersey?  And on the pants?  There are 4 of them.

The nod to that logo is plastered all over the place, it's the central theme of the new design.  Putting it on the helmet as well would be overkill.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s unfortunate. I guess I was giving you more credit than you deserve.

I think you're trying to troll me and I'm not sure why.  Certainly in today's mean social media culture you have outlets for that sort of thing on Instagram and Facebook, home of the zing one liner.  I come to discussion forums to avoid that sort of thing and have real conversations.

SAR I

• Haha 1

perhaps a stoopid question here - but since last night's event was partially intended to drum up, ahem, enthusiasm for the team - why wasn't Bell there, even if he had a '0' on his jersey?  and taking it a step further - since they were content to make a mockery of the whole thing, why not trot larry david out there to really elevate the event?

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Flipside - Darnold is out after 2 games due to porous OL, Bell's out of shape and we're 2-6.

Still liking those unis?

Going to blame the OL and imagining Bell out of shape on the uniforms? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

perhaps a stoopid question here - but since last night's event was partially intended to drum up, ahem, enthusiasm for the team - why wasn't Bell there, even if he had a '0' on his jersey?  and taking it a step further - since they were content to make a mockery of the whole thing, why not trot larry david out there to really elevate the event?

Because some have lives and prior commitments?

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You need to up your medication. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Because some have lives and prior commitments?

so Leveon Bell has too much of a life to attend an event for the team that just gave him $50 million?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

So the uniforms arent even unique...

A blatant rip off of Farmingdale High School on long island.

So we spent the last 8 months suffering through countless postings of amateurish fan renderings and now we're going to spend the next 8 months suffering through examples of every football team in the world that coincidentally wears green uniforms?

Spare us.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Larry David is more expensive than Gase.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

so Leveon Bell has too much of a life to attend an event for the team that just gave him $50 million?

The simple reason is that they shot all of these promo pictures months ago before Bell was a Jet and wanted the same players who are on all of the marketing materials to be the ones modeling the uniforms. 

9 minutes ago, peebag said:

Still liking those unis?

Yes.  Because I think they look good.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Probably because he and Mosley were signed late.  They didn't have time to rehearse the choreography. 😏

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

The simple reason is that they shot all of these promo pictures months ago before Bell was a Jet and wanted the same players who are on all of the marketing materials to be the ones modeling the uniforms. 

they still wasted a prime opportunity - Bell would generate buzz in the new uni.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So we spent the last 8 months suffering through countless postings of amateurish fan renderings and now we're going to spend the next 8 months suffering through examples of every football team in the world that coincidentally wears green uniforms?

Spare us.

SAR I

Its basically the exact same uniform.  Besides, your opinion is less than worthless to me.  

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If you were one of the most dynamic and famous players in the NFL and a vocalist with a burgeoning rap career, would you want to be a part of an awkward fashion show for the entitled hosted by a babbling comedian?

I have more respect for Le'Veon Bell being smart enough to stay away than I would seeing him bob up and down on that tiny stage like a fool.  Could you see Tom Brady subjecting himself to that?  I felt bad for Sam and Jamal.  Last night was a really bad optic.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Could be, do you know where he was?  I dont.  If hes on vacation with his family, whatever?  

Does it really make a difference?  Seriously? Come on, no one cares, we had the heart of the team more or less there

New green- good

Black- dated and uneccessary

Wings instead of traditional stripes- also dated and unnecessary.

Drop the black accents and the black uniform, change the dated/futuristic stripes to traditional football stripes, add a stripe to the helmet and youre good. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

really??? a 5yr old could have come up with a better rendering... it is what it is now but really???

The helmet is my favorite part of the new uni's. Less is more. People probably have said that about Nike's swoosh and Apple's logo. It's much more difficult to make something simple than to make it more illustrative. It actually takes more thought and skill. Not saying I love the logo, I don't. But only because I was told it was going to be completely new and not a "refresh." My hopes were set higher than they probably should have been.