Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are never going to compete with the Packers, 49ers, Bears, Saints, etc. for best uniform in the NFL.  No way.

SAR I

We used to. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think if the green letters sold on the jerseys to the public are matte and dull, this project gets an extra minus.  I hope someone here gets one soon and checks in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

 

Drop the black accents and the black uniform, change the dated/futuristic stripes to traditional football stripes, add a stripe to the helmet and youre good. 

And with those changes a new crop of people complaining would come out against the uniform you put out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We used to. 

Pretty much. Colts have a classic uniform, which was the closest to the Jets previous set. Imagine the Colts adding black for the hell of it? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

New green- good

Black- dated and uneccessary

Wings instead of traditional stripes- also dated and unnecessary.

Drop the black accents and the black uniform, change the dated/futuristic stripes to traditional football stripes, add a stripe to the helmet and youre good. 

Agree mostly, and the green jerseys that Burleson / Schrager were wearing this morning looked not that terrible.  But still waiting to see what the green numbers on the white jerseys look like.   If it looks like the below it's going to be as disappointing as the green shade from the past few years.

 

Men's Nike Sam Darnold White New York Jets Player Game Jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Its basically the exact same uniform.  Besides, you are an idiot, your opinion is less than worthless to me.  

You are some nobody who contributes nothing to this forum besides harassment and negativity, so I don't give a rats ass about you or what you have to say.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt39 said:

Pretty much. Colts have a classic uniform, which was the closest to the Jets previous set. Imagine the Colts adding black for the hell of it? 

We had a classic look until Nike took over and made us look like Oscar the Grouch.  Really the only thing our uniforms needed at all was a popping shade of green, with everything else staying exactly the same.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And with those changes a new crop of people complaining would come out against the uniform you put out

Sure. But it at least wouldn’t look dated. The Cardinals and Falcons sets look stuck in the early 2000’s. The Jets somehow thought it was a good idea to go with that in 2019. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, teptep said:

This really works. A simple change that helps to bring the look together. It's far better than the oversized football on the helmet now, goes with the inspiration for the rest of the uniform, and actually features a reference to the object that the team is named after.

 

07bfh1yoyeq21.jpg.5cb62aa1296b2e4b6cbf1397c2e19b45.jpg

Thats really nice. Actually, its PERFECT. Too bad. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Agree mostly, and the green jerseys that Burleson / Schrager were wearing this morning looked not that terrible.  But still waiting to see what the green numbers on the white jerseys look like.   If it looks like the below it's going to be as disappointing as the green shade from the past few years.

 

Men's Nike Sam Darnold White New York Jets Player Game Jersey

The stuff sold in stores is going to look cheap. I haven’t bought a jersey in years but the Nike stuff just looks like a shirsey.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. But it at least wouldn’t look dated. The Cardinals and Falcons sets look stuck in the earthly 2000’s. The Jets somehow thought it was a good idea to go with that in 2019. 

 

To you.

Nothing about the stripes they used, for example, looks dated.  There are a whole lot more uniforms with striped on the sleeves than the slash look.  To me they look like updated shoulder/sleeve stripes used over the last 100 years.  But thats me and and why I said if the implemented the changes you would like to see you'd get just as many complaints.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The stuff sold in stores is going to look cheap. I haven’t bought a jersey in years but the Nike stuff just looks like a shirsey.

They could at least get the friggin colors right!  Watch, I bet they sell the "elite" jersey (at $350) with the correct color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

they still wasted a prime opportunity - Bell would generate buzz in the new uni.

Probably because they wouldn't let him rap and picked Max instead.

By the way, that song was what they used for ESPN's 9/11 special this year, I knew I recognized it from somewhere.  It sounds a lot better fully produced rather than live and over a video montage.  I wouldn't mind seeing the video they played last night at the event with the music dubbed over.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pretty much. Colts have a classic uniform, which was the closest to the Jets previous set. Imagine the Colts adding black for the hell of it? 

And most hate the Colts look.  A lot of the polls have them ranked on the bottom of the league.  So who knows, maybe they should add a color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We used to. 

I agree and I am sad to see the old threads go.

That said, I support the Jets and their belief that they needed a sweeping change.  The uniforms were an unfortunate victim of a (very much needed) housecleaning of bad coaches, malcontent players, a drug-induced lazy locker room, and disillusioned fans.

Jamal said it best-  this team needed dogs.  Vicious animals that are completely committed to winning and wouldn't tolerate the likes of Todd Bowles, Geno Smith, John Idzik, Sheldon Richardson, and all the rest of the bums that set this franchise back 10 years.

Part of the dawn of a new Jets era is changing the way we look, it helps us distance ourselves from those dark years.  And you have to love Adam Gase, you have to be thrilled about Gregg Williams, you have to admire homegrown's like Darnold, Adams, Enunwa, etc., you have to love our new swagger, and you have to love our new uniforms which are a representation of our new attitude and new swagger.  Should translate to a lot of wins.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

To you.

Nothing about the stripes they used, for example, looks dated.  There are a whole lot more uniforms with striped on the sleeves than the slash look.  To me they look like updated shoulder/sleeve stripes used over the last 100 years

Fair enough. But in terms of standing the test of time, I think the regular stripes on the shoulder and pants hold up better. You’ll eventually see the Cardinals and Falcons go back(Atlanta’s throwback is 1000x better). Denver is really the only team that’s stuck with the futuristic stripe and their jerseys look pretty dated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

They could at least get the friggin colors right!  Watch, I bet they sell the "elite" jersey (at $350) with the correct color.

Anything foah a buck, folks/Francesa voice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are some nobody who contributes nothing to this forum besides harassment and negativity, so I don't give a rats ass about you or what you have to say.

SAR I

Lol.  Little bit defensive there, aren’t you fanboy? By the way, is this your new bmw?  Lol.  

15B87873-BC33-4BF3-A36F-62F694564F44.jpeg

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fair enough. But in terms of standing the test of time, I think the regular stripes on the shoulder and pants hold up better. You’ll eventually see the Cardinals and Falcons go back(Atlanta’s throwback is 1000x better). Denver is really the only team that’s stuck with the futuristic stripe and their jerseys look pretty dated.

We'll see.  Not worried about the how long aspect.  

At least not today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree and I am sad to see the old threads go.

That said, I support the Jets and their belief that they needed a sweeping change.  The uniforms were an unfortunate victim of a (very much needed) housecleaning of bad coaches, malcontent players, a drug-induced lazy locker room, and disillusioned fans.

Jamal said it best-  this team needed dogs.  Vicious animals that are completely committed to winning and wouldn't tolerate the likes of Todd Bowles, Geno Smith, John Idzik, Sheldon Richardson, and all the rest of the bums that set this franchise back 10 years.

Part of the dawn of a new Jets era is changing the way we look, it helps us distance ourselves from those dark years.  And you have to love Adam Gase, you have to be thrilled about Gregg Williams, you have to admire homegrown's like Darnold, Adams, Enunwa, etc., you have to love our new swagger, and you have to love our new uniforms which are a representation of our new attitude and new swagger.  Should translate to a lot of wins.

SAR I

You are a fanboy, you will continue to drink whatever they puke down your throat.  

  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Going to blame the OL and imagining Bell out of shape on the uniforms? 

No, SOJ.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, teptep said:

This really works. A simple change that helps to bring the look together. It's far better than the oversized football on the helmet now, goes with the inspiration for the rest of the uniform, and actually features a reference to the object that the team is named after.

As much as I dislike the green helmet- I have to agree with you here. That does look better. I feel it brings more balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

We had a classic look until Nike took over and made us look like Oscar the Grouch.  Really the only thing our uniforms needed at all was a popping shade of green, with everything else staying exactly the same.

 

1495505255879.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

B23DE401-FB40-4E7B-B19E-87FA63C8F278.jpeg

2E7B528E-740F-4C7E-89C3-2B0162D212A4.jpeg

Yeah, well, our old uniforms were Holy Trinity rip-offs. 

Image result for holy trinity high school football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, teptep said:

This really works. A simple change that helps to bring the look together. It's far better than the oversized football on the helmet now, goes with the inspiration for the rest of the uniform, and actually features a reference to the object that the team is named after.

That would've been so much better.  It's hard to believe they would completely ignore what the team was named for.  I don't consider those angled wedges wings.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mitchell & Ness is having a sale on all NY Jets merchandise if you want a real deal jersey that never gets traded or goes bad if you don't like the new uniforms. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree and I am sad to see the old threads go.

That said, I support the Jets and their belief that they needed a sweeping change.  The uniforms were an unfortunate victim of a (very much needed) housecleaning of bad coaches, malcontent players, a drug-induced lazy locker room, and disillusioned fans.

Jamal said it best-  this team needed dogs.  Vicious animals that are completely committed to winning and wouldn't tolerate the likes of Todd Bowles, Geno Smith, John Idzik, Sheldon Richardson, and all the rest of the bums that set this franchise back 10 years.

Part of the dawn of a new Jets era is changing the way we look, it helps us distance ourselves from those dark years.  And you have to love Adam Gase, you have to be thrilled about Gregg Williams, you have to admire homegrown's like Darnold, Adams, Enunwa, etc., you have to love our new swagger, and you have to love our new uniforms which are a representation of our new attitude and new swagger.  Should translate to a lot of wins.

SAR I

This is a reasonable arguement I can accept. Well done. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think this would've been far better for the helmet: 

07bfh1yoyeq21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I love that mockup of the logo in this pic. However, having the "JETS" fully taking up the helmet is still a win as throwback to the 80s logo. I only wish that fighter plain was on it. It would have worked great with the "Take Flight" PR.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nj meadowlands said:

I'd really like if someone could photoshop the 2018 uniforms with "gotham green"

it's weird that they 'invet' a new color and don't put it on the most important merch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

I admit that I think the New York Jets have the best looking modern Nike uniforms in the NFL.

You don't have to be a fanboy to see that we avoided some of the hideous design cues that the Texans, Titans, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Patriots, and Jaguars got roped into.  There are some who theorize that Jets suits dumbed-down something far more aggressive that Nike had in mind.  To that I say-  Thank God.

SAR I

I wouldn't go that far, most those helmets are nice and are something to work with, especially Texans and Bucs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Its basically the exact same uniform.  Besides, your opinion is less than worthless to me.  

 

22 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Lol.  Little bit defensive there, aren’t you fanboy? By the way, is this your new bmw?  Lol.  

 

 

18 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You are a fanboy, you will continue to drink whatever they puke down your throat.  

When people challenged me on why I reported you to site moderation yesterday, this is the reason why.  Because your personal attacks and agendas against several regular posters brings down the board and risks distracting the rest of us from some cordial and interesting conversation this morning into your particular brand of asinine junior high school bickering.

You are some nobody who contributes nothing to this forum besides harassment and negativity, so I don't give a rats ass about you or what you have to say,  And I have a strong feeling I speak for several posters in this regard.  Be smart.  Shut up.

SAR I

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...