Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

07bfh1yoyeq21.jpg.6abcbe5282cafcda64789c11d51516d0.jpg

This. And the Jet is always flying forward...

I think I prefer the underline version. And the Jet would be flying the other way on the other side of this helmet, too. :) 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I likem .....you?

image.thumb.png.03eefd484ce519eaf56b1b2f5052ba03.png

I do.  As I said earlier, I had no problem with the last/Parcells uniform but understand why they wanted to do this.  I think they look good, look modern and clean.  Theyre not over the top and goofy.  I can see not wanting to see the change but I cant see how anyone could hate them as much as some who are carrying on 

Seems like every show today, every panel, all really like them.

Someone reported theyre selling like crazy.  I guess fans like them

So I guess they accomplished their goals.

Truth be told, I don't mind the minor tweaking of our former uniforms and make no mistake, that's what we got, but why then would the Jets advertise this for months as a big and bold change?  I suspect that's what's aggravating to a lot of folks (including myself) more than the actual uniforms themselves.

If they managed to incorporate the 80's Jets "J" plane into the current helmet logo as some of the awesome mock ups we've seen here and also placed it as a patch on left chest of the unis instead of the "New York" across the chest, it would have made a big difference and completely sold me on the overall look. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

of all the things they kept, the football was the worst.  if anything they could have curved the JETS on the helmet so that the word itself was shaped like a football on the top, maybe put something under the letters in the negative space that suggested a football but not something so simplistic.

The Jets and the Bucs are the only two teams (that I can think of) that have a football in their logo. As if the worst teams in the league need to remind their fans that, yes, that is football that they're out there trying to play. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Another take on the logo: 

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg

Oooh. Neat! Clean! I like it a lot. Really after sleeping it off I think not bringing back that stylized Jet was the biggest mistake they made. It's alluded too sure but an outright usage would have been better than the cluttered primary logo they're using now. I really don't like the new logo when all elements are put together. THIS would have been perfect, no need for anything more.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

The Jets and the Bucs are the only two teams (that I can think of) that have a football in their logo. As if the worst teams in the league need to remind their fans that, yes, that is football that they're out there trying to play. 

well maybe bowles' former and current teams still need reminding.

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Truth be told, I don't mind the minor tweaking of our former uniforms and make no mistake, that's what we got, but why then would the Jets advertise this for months as a big and bold change?  I suspect that's what's aggravating to a lot of folks (including myself) more than the actual uniforms themselves.

If they managed to incorporate the 80's Jets "J" plane into the current helmet logo as some of the awesome mock ups we've seen here and also placed it as a patch on left chest of the unis instead of the "New York" across the chest, it would have made a big difference and completely sold me on the overall look. 

So this uniform change was only a minor tweaking, which is aggravating to you and the solution to this would have been to incorporate the 80's Jets "J" into the uniform? 

What? LOL

2 minutes ago, slats said:

You're right, about them being the only ones with footballs. A few NFL logos use helmets but fewer use footballs for whatever reason. Meanwhile you look at MLB and the NBA and there's the respective playing ball represented all over the place. Case in point every New York team has it in their primary.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So it was only a minor tweaking, which is aggravating to you and solution to this would have been to incorporate the 80's Jets "J" into the uniform? 

What? LOL

The minor tweaking doesn't aggravate me - the way the Jets sold it compared to the end result aggravates me.  I don't mind the end result itself and just offered up something that would make me like the new look more. 

3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

You're right, about them being the only ones with footballs. A few NFL logos use helmets but fewer use footballs for whatever reason. Meanwhile you look at MLB and the NBA and there's the respective playing ball represented all over the place. Case in point every New York team has it in their primary.

maybe this is b/c a football helmet is such an identifiable object there's no question what sport it's for, so you don't need to put anything else football-related on it.  but with other sports it's not as clear so putting the ball on it helps from a marketing pov.

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

The minor tweaking doesn't aggravate me - the way the Jets sold it compared to the end result aggravates me.  I don't mind the end result itself and just offered up something that would make me like the new look more. 

OK, fair enough, but thats exactly what you said.  

I've heard the opinion that the NEW YORK across the chest reminds some of college or high school. It is odd how few Pro teams have used a front name font, most choose a small wordmark or their logo off to the side, so I guess that's where the standard comes from. 

I've also heard that the stripes look arena league as if somehow not using two solid stripes makes it look like the team is from a lower league or something. Meanwhile Broncos and Pats have used a non traditional stripe to great effect for two decades. I really believe the triangular stripes are the true highlight of the uniform; they're quick and streaking like the teams' namesake and that's excellent. Fits like a glove I think.

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

As a fan since the 1960 Titans I care about the level of the play on the field not what they are wearing but that's just me.B)

I dont get how being interested in the uniform change, liking them or not gets in the way of appreciating the level of play? 

Why cant someone like or not like the uniform, discuss them and still think the level of play is the most important thing? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I do.  As I said earlier, I had no problem with the last/Parcells uniform but understand why they wanted to do this.  I think they look good, look modern and clean.  Theyre not over the top and goofy.  I can see not wanting to see the change but I cant see how anyone could hate them as much as some who are carrying on 

Seems like every show today, every panel, all really like them.

Someone reported theyre selling like crazy.  I guess fans like them

So I guess they accomplished their goals.

I agree.  it's crazy that non-Jets fans like them better than JETS fans!!  I'll tell you one thing I have learned over the last 24 hours is that fans on this forum would bitch if their ice cream was cold!  My God!!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree.  it's crazy that non-Jets fans like them better than JETS fans!!  I'll tell you one thing I have learned over the last 24 hours is that fans on this forum would bitch if their ice cream was cold!  My God!!

Someone said years ago Jet fans could go to a orgy that had the most beautiful women in the world and complain about the wine..So true.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So more the players, not the jerseys.  OK, get what youre saying

But remember, someone like Darnold will be part of that history, so will Bell and others.  

I know right now i'm undecided if I should I grab a 2018 Darnold and Adams or wait to see if the new style grows on me or no more jerseys at all and stick to what I have that I barely ever wear. 

I plan on buying a few t-shirts and a hat of the new gear. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Someone said years ago Jet fans could go to a orgy that had the most beautiful women in the world and complain about the wine..So true.

yeah I just don't get it.  it's like I didn't get what I wanted so I'm just going to whine about it.  it will have no effect on how the team plays.  Sam said it best last night:  team needs to win, then no matter what uniforms will look good!

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So this uniform change was only a minor tweaking, which is aggravating to you and the solution to this would have been to incorporate the 80's Jets "J" into the uniform? 

What? LOL

My main issues with the football are:

1) It is not specific to the Jets so why is it such a focal point in the primary logo? Literally any other team in the NFL could put the same football in their logo and it wouldn't change the meaning of the team name. I understand it was also on the old logo but it was probably the 3rd thing you saw after the "NY" and "Jets". It was also designed in the '60's so it got a pass. 

2) Just from a design perspective, everything about the new uniforms was marketed as sleek, modern, fast, take flight, etc. The uniforms are filled with sharp angles....so why is there a fat round ball on our helmets? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Seems like the Jets fans I know like them, those that arent worked up either way say the same thing, changes dont bother them.  Havent heard from anyone who is as worked up as some here who seem quite torn up by the change. 

I mean the amount of turmoil over the helmet logo, adding the plane either above or below is most telling.  They both look good.  Hardly that big a change and its being evaluated like the zapruder tape. But really, did anyone expect they would rehash the old logo?  

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I know right now i'm undecided if I should I grab a 2018 Darnold and Adams or wait to see if the new style grows on me or no more jerseys at all and stick to what I have that I barely ever wear. 

I plan on buying a few t-shirts and a hat of the new gear. 

Well, there really is no reason to buy a jersey in the first week of April so why not hold off and wait to see.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Another take on the logo: 

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg

That IS REALLY Good... send it to Chris & Woody Johnson & the Jets Organization... Maybe it's not too late for a change  :)... Fans Would DEFINITELY APPROVE Of THIS... imo…. I mean how much would it actually cost to change that... it's Only a decal anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

My main issues with the football are:

1) It is not specific to the Jets so why is it such a focal point in the primary logo? Literally any other team in the NFL could put the same football in their logo and it wouldn't change the meaning of the team name. I understand it was also on the old logo but it was probably the 3rd thing you saw after the "NY" and "Jets". It was also designed in the '60's so it got a pass. 

2) Just from a design perspective, everything about the new uniforms was marketed as sleek, modern, fast, take flight, etc. The uniforms are filled with sharp angles....so why is there a fat round ball on our helmets? 

I think its just a matter of do you or I like them.  Viewed as a whole, I do.  Im not going to break down each aspect, down to how a one inch football under the name Jets on the helmet looks compared to a dart under the Jets looks and toss the baby out with the water.  Its not that big a deal to me, doesnt look drastically different is not a deal breaker.

To me

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Seems like the Jets fans I know like them, those that arent worked up either way say the same thing, changes dont bother them.  Haven heard from anyone who is as worked up as some here who seem quite torn up by the change. 

I mean the amount of turmoil over the helmet logo, adding the plane either above or below is most telling.  They both look good.  Hardly that big a change and its being evaluated like the zapruder tape.  LOL

me too.  I have posted on here that my 12 year-old son and I did not agree on ANY of the mock-ups on this site (and elsewhere).  Amazing that we both REALLY like the new uniforms!

and I agree with the helmet thing.  biggest thing for me was to get away from the white helmets.  so as far as the "uniform" goes, I LOVED that we finally got our green helmets back.  listen they tried - they have the word JETS like the 80s helm, and they kept the football from the Namath/Parcells version.  Would I love the uniform even more if they just used the 80s logo?  hells yeah, but you know it sure as hell is not  a deal breaker.

and the NEW YORK on the chest thing I did not really understand at all.  I mean I really thought people were going way too crazy on that....but...I live in NY.  completely was not even thinking about people in NJ.  I mean that I get 100%.  If I lived in Jersey, and this "NY" team played in my backyard and went out of their way to plaster 'new york" all over the place, I would not be happy either.  but you have to understand - the Jets have been playing lil brother to the bastards forever now and I think they are trying to really push back that WE are the NY team.

on a separate note, I think it is so funny that no one has mentioned this:  this was a 5 year plan.  they started this in 2014 when Rex was here.  let's imagine they started in 2012!  could you imagine if we were having these new uniforms, signalling the "NEW JETS", unveiled two years ago?  with THAT TEAM???  I mean did they get lucky or what that it is happening now? "yeah we're really excited with Hackenberg and McCown and Petty and...."

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Oooh. Neat! Clean! I like it a lot. Really after sleeping it off I think not bringing back that stylized Jet was the biggest mistake they made. It's alluded too sure but an outright usage would have been better than the cluttered primary logo they're using now. I really don't like the new logo when all elements are put together. THIS would have been perfect, no need for anything more.

Yep.  Does the NFL five year design change rule also apply to minor "tweaks" ?  If not, the braintrust should be all over this.

With the lack of success this team has had behind the old logos, I'm glad they went with something new. Perhaps they could have done better, but at the same time it could be so much worse.

It takes time to get used to the changes, but I am staring to adjust. All they need to do now is start winning and everybody will embrace the team and it's new look.

• WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Seems like the Jets fans I know like them, those that arent worked up either way say the same thing, changes dont bother them.  Havent heard from anyone who is as worked up as some here who seem quite torn up by the change. 

I mean the amount of turmoil over the helmet logo, adding the plane either above or below is most telling.  They both look good.  Hardly that big a change and its being evaluated like the zapruder tape. But really, did anyone expect they would rehash the old logo?  

Well, they rehashed a previous uniform, so I guess I did.