Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I just want the name of the intern who dreamed up the unveiling launch.  I want to thank that person for a really good laugh.  It was so bad it was good.

..here she is  B) ,...

140506142604-restricted-12-lewinsky-hori

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

me too.  I have posted on here that my 12 year-old son and I did not agree on ANY of the mock-ups on this site (and elsewhere).  Amazing that we both REALLY like the new uniforms!

and I agree with the helmet thing.  biggest thing for me was to get away from the white helmets.  so as far as the "uniform" goes, I LOVED that we finally got our green helmets back.  listen they tried - they have the word JETS like the 80s helm, and they kept the football from the Namath/Parcells version.  Would I love the uniform even more if they just used the 80s logo?  hells yeah, but you know it sure as hell is not  a deal breaker.

and the NEW YORK on the chest thing I did not really understand at all.  I mean I really thought people were going way too crazy on that....but...I live in NY.  completely was not even thinking about people in NJ.  I mean that I get 100%.  If I lived in Jersey, and this "NY" team played in my backyard and went out of their way to plaster 'new york" all over the place, I would not be happy either.  but you have to understand - the Jets have been playing lil brother to the bastards forever now and I think they are trying to really push back that WE are the NY team.

on a separate note, I think it is so funny that no one has mentioned this:  this was a 5 year plan.  they started this in 2014 when Rex was here.  let's imagine they started in 2012!  could you imagine if we were having these new uniforms, signalling the "NEW JETS", unveiled two years ago?  with THAT TEAM???  I mean did they get lucky or what that it is happening now? "yeah we're really excited with Hackenberg and McCown and Petty and...."

To me, they combined the idea of the classic Jet logo with the 80 logo.  The new helmet took the font of the "Jets" out of the oval logo and placed it front and center on its own, like the 80s logo.  I

I dont remember the push back when the Giants took away the Giants from their helmets and replaced it with NY.  That was the bigger slap in the face to NJ if thats your thinking.  As least we just added New York.  Like it or not the Jets and the Giants are considered NY teams, not NJ teams.  

2 minutes ago, teptep said:

Well, they rehashed a previous uniform, so I guess I did.

If you think so.  In actuality they didnt but you can say they did.  

The only similar features are the colors are both green and the numbers are white and both have numbers on the shoulders.  Kind of like a whole lot of unifroms do

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

That's been argued with them since the absurd "rewards" program was launched.

The program is an abject failure.  It should be scrapped. Instead, just give STH big discounts when they purchase something at the stadium (little trinkets or autographed jerseys).  A 20% concessions/Jets Shop discount using the swipe card would be very appealing.  Instead we are offered bobble head dolls of Adrian Murell at the cost 14,000 "points" (takes a third of a season to get that).

The rewards program has an occasional big reward auctioned off or raffled off, but only a tiny fraction ever get anything worth a damn.  The structure and mechanics of the program are so bad and the Jets think it's great.  Shows you how clueless they are in Florham Park with respect to what STH's really want.

Yes, although the wine opener is a great deal for 20k points... LOL

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That IS REALLY Good... send it to Chris & Woody Johnson & the Jets Organization... Maybe it's not too late for a change  :)... Fans Would DEFINITELY APPROVE Of THIS... imo…. I mean how much would it actually cost to change that... it's Only a decal anyway.

Wouldn't you guys think that this was presented to them as an option?  And they nixed it for the football?  They would never admit they made the wrong decision at this point.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

To me, they combined the idea of the classic Jet logo with the 80 logo.  The new helmet took the font of the "Jets" out of the oval logo and placed it front and center on its own, like the 80s logo.  I

I dont remember the push back when the Giants took away the Giants from their helmets and replaced it with NY.  That was the bigger slap in the face to NJ if thats your thinking.  As least we just added New York.  Like it or not the Jets and the Giants are considered NY teams, not NJ teams.  

not MY thinking.  I'm just trying to understand the backlash over the new york on the chest.  only thing I could think of.

and imagine being a giants fan with their uniforms?  I mean talk about awful uniforms!  their home jerseys are boring - just blue.  nothing on them at all.  and their away uniforms...my God.  take a look at a giants player w/o their helmet on and tell me how they are "big blue"?  huh?  white jersey with red stripes and grey pants?  terrible.  plus their away jersey is the 49ers!  I hope we get them at night this year (Jets are the home team) - put on our stealth black against that red/white mess.  Eli will be peeing down his pants!  ha!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

Another take on the logo: 

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg

Like slats said, I'd like to see it with the jet going the other way. While this may go with the uniform better and looks cool, seeing it does remind me of allot of bad football.

If they can turn things around and finally win agian, I think it will be good that they went with something new.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Like slats said, I'd like to see it with the jet going the other way. While this may go with the uniform better and looks cool, seeing it does remind me of allot of bad football.

If they can turn things around and finally win agian, I think it will be good that they went with something new.

Like someone else mentioned, it does go the other way on the other side, haha.

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree.  it's crazy that non-Jets fans like them better than JETS fans!!  I'll tell you one thing I have learned over the last 24 hours is that fans on this forum would bitch if their ice cream was cold!  My God!!

'Its a football, waaaaaa, on the helmet, waaaaaa, Jets suck, waaaaaa, Same Ol' Jets, waaaaaa.

But look at me, I'm a professional graphic designer and I know Microsoft Paint better than you do so you will tolerate another eight months of weak uniform renderings because design principles are my jam and maybe it'll lead to some freelance work for me."

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I just want the name of the intern who dreamed up the unveiling launch.  I want to thank that person for a really good laugh.  It was so bad it was good.

My only regret is that it wasn't Eric Allen up there bombing on stage and trying to kill an hour for ten minutes worth of content.  I would have really enjoyed that.

Oh, and note to Jets Management:  If you didn't get the memo on the disdain for the Jets Chant by seeing what the fans did to Fireman Ed and how we disregard it 3x a day at home games, perhaps yesterday's feeble attempts at getting attending fans into it will finally get through.  The Chant is stupid and its dead.  Stop trying to shove it down our throats.  K?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

My only regret is that it wasn't Eric Allen up there bombing on stage and trying to kill an hour for ten minutes worth of content.  I would have really enjoyed that.

Oh, and note to Jets Management:  If you didn't get the memo on the disdain for the Jets Chant by seeing what the fans did to Fireman Ed and how we disregard it 3x a day at home games, perhaps yesterday's feeble attempts at getting attending fans into it will finally get through.  The Chant is stupid and its dead.  Stop trying to shove it down our throats.  K?

SAR I

Scorching hot take from a wine and cheese Jet fan who sells his tickets to Pats fans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Scorching hot take from a wine and cheese Jet fan who sells his tickets to Pats fans. 

If the Jets are competitive the chant is actually one of the more redeeming and unique qualities of the team. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I hate wine and cheese, and I don't ever sell my tickets to Pats fans.  I list them on Stubhub below face value for casual Jets fans to take advantage of.  Thank me. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets are competitive the chant is actually one of the more redeeming and unique qualities of the team. 

100%.  But I wouldn't expect a wannabe bourgeoisie sycophant who routinely offloads his tickets to the "common man" he claims to despise to understand that.

• Upvote 2

For what it's worth, the Jets, Dolphins and Colts, are the only teams in history to win a Superbowl with base white helmets (and basically Colts won in 2007 and that was it since the Dolphins did in the 70's) .  Every single other team has been a color, notably Steelers (black), Patriots (always in Silver, never in old white), Packers (Yellow), Niners (Gold), Broncos (Navy), Eagles (Dark Green).

15 minutes ago, Jetsfanri said:

For what it's worth, the Jets, Dolphins and Colts, are the only teams in history to win a Superbowl with base white helmets (and basically Colts won in 2007 and that was it since the Dolphins did in the 70's) .  Every single other team has been a color, notably Steelers (black), Patriots (always in Silver, never in old white), Packers (Yellow), Niners (Gold), Broncos (Navy), Eagles (Dark Green).

Dolphins have lost 3 with the advantage of that white helmet? Pats in white lost their only trip with their white helmet?