Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

This. The Jets have a top-five uniform in the NFL, but a top-five uniform doesn't make Woody money the way a brand spanking new Arena League uniform will. 

The Jets uniform isn't that special.  I'm ready for a change and a big one is fine with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Warfish said:

On the flip side, at least an Arena League Uniform would properly put the Jets Franchise in it's proper frame of reference, quality-wise.

Even the bad teams in the Arena League score points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, slats said:

Even the bad teams in the Arena League score points. 

Fair point, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vader said:

I’m on the record as saying there is no way they go with a blue and green combo — way too seahawksy and it doesn’t look very good when they aren’t winning. I would bet you hard chips on the record it will not be blue and green.

the explicit nods we have gotten are to a lighter green, and black. those could be red herrings since they said “completely new” which could mean totally new color scheme sans green altho that would be dramatically off brand 

Look at the pic I linked. Its more of a blueish grey.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

https://ibb.co/faUmOV

Here is the screen capture. Not sure how to get it to display here in the thread. I believe those are the colors.

 

 

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think there may be an Easter egg in the video. At the end of the video there are 6 people walking towards the camera in like a V pattern. At the very back in only a couple of frames is a guy in a vest. The Vest is in a light green, and a blue-ish grey color. I would wager a good amount that those are the colors of at least one variant of the uniform. Eric Allen had hinted there would be a nod to the Titans uni. The color combo looks really good. No idea how to extract a still image.

Dude. 

It might be time for a break. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

 

Dude. 

It might be time for a break. 

we'll see if I am right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

Even the bad teams in the Arena League score points. 

Fun part is that a 2-10 team, the only team on the entire AFL that had a losing record (well all of 4 teams) … won the league championship this year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
we'll see if I am right


I don’t know about the guy you’re talking about but the guy in front of him is wearing a grey jacket that says Jets on it. Wouldn’t be surprised if grey is a color choice.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

 


I don’t know about the guy you’re talking about but the guy in front of him is wearing a grey jacket that says Jets on it. Wouldn’t be surprised if grey is a color choice.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Someone mentioned using the F16 fighter jets grey in the unis, I hope they go that route.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Someone mentioned using the F16 fighter jets grey in the unis, I hope they go that route.

Leave it to the NY Jets to even ruin the best uniform in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Leave it to the NY Jets to even ruin the best uniform in the NFL. 

It’s the one thing that we do well. We need new everything else but the uniform/logo/name. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s the one thing that we do well. We need new everything else but the uniform/logo/name. 

Exactly, our uniforms are the best in the NFL. 

It's all to sell more merchandise. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well one thing you notice is that it is the Owner, President and others from the Front office making the decision, not Coach and GM which was different from when Parcells made the change as GM/Coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Leave it to the NY Jets to even ruin the best uniform in the NFL. 

Only a homer would think the jets have the best uniforms in the league.  It doesn’t even make sense for a team named the jets to have green and white as colors.  Other than the word “jets” on the helmets, what elements of the uniform represents the team name?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Only a homer would think the jets have the best uniforms in the league.  It doesn’t even make sense for a team named the jets to have green and white as colors.  Other than the word “jets” on the helmets, what elements of the uniform represents the team name?

Homer? 

Dude go away this is a football team on the field to play football this isn't a fashion show. 

Do you see the Green Bay packers messing with tradition or a good thing. 

Do the Giants have pictures of Giants on their uniforms? 

Sorry the uniforms don't go with your Bruno Maglis or your Bergdorf Goodman winter coat. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Only a homer would think the jets have the best uniforms in the league.  It doesn’t even make sense for a team named the jets to have green and white as colors.  Other than the word “jets” on the helmets, what elements of the uniform represents the team name?

Whether it’s top 5 or not it’s at least classic and simple. Getting Oregon uniforms while you’re perpetually 5-11 and can’t score touchdowns just makes it worse. Just seeing who’s in charge of this it’s pretty much guaranteed to be bad. You don’t see the Bears or Colts “rebranding”

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt39 said:

Whether it’s top 5 or not it’s at least classic and simple. Getting Oregon uniforms while you’re perpetually 5-11 is and can’t score touchdowns just makes it worse. Just seeing whose in charge of this it’s pretty much guaranteed to be bad. You don’t see the Bears or Colts “rebranding”

Exactly great post Bears,Colts,Packers the uniform does not make the football player or the football team. 

This is another money making ploy by the Johnson's to sell merchandise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is that were not moving merch at this point. You draw 2 conclusions there...1) We're such a tire fire right now that no one is motivated or 2) A change is needed. I don't dispute that the uniforms are classic. I have an old school 1969 Jets helmet lamp that is going nowhere (much to my wife's dismay).

That said, I do reluctantly have to say that this past decade of futility requires a new look. I'm just tired of seeing these uniforms right now. Hopefully Nike doesn't subjective to po-mo Oregon-style crapola. Because that wouldn't be better. But I absolutely understand the need to change things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly great post Bears,Colts,Packers the uniform does not make the football player or the football team

This is another money making ploy by the Johnson's to sell merchandise. 

So then what’s the problem? New uniforms or not, it doesn’t make the player or the team. 

Like the only reason you’re showing up every week to root and discuss this team is because they still have a good uniform. 🙄right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vader said:

this, and more. it is not just to an extent.

Chris Johnson is featured HEAVILY in the new rebrand video. He’s out front, on top, in control.

This rebrand also appears to have begun in 2014 — it isn’t a reaction to the current season, although, it doesn’t appear to coincide with and has accelerated with the emergence of a new FQB. It was probably timed that way.

It likely has to do with research they have done regarding consumer behavior and brand affiliation, as well as merchandise sales. The old classic branding is actually extremely limited and unappealing to millennials, younger gen X, and gen z. 

They have to go in a bold, fresh direction, that pops. 

If they go black and green, they would probably go with a steelers-like-color-scheme, replacing the yellow with a similar tone green, and using an accenting color or texture. Like white, chrome, gray, and/or with textural accent of either gloss or matte, or contrasting shiny/matte, and/or textures, like a carbon-fiber or similar.

The helmet will probably be a new iconic look and I would bet you will see a big splash like a chrome helmet with a green mask and say, a converging vector shape in white or green or contrasting matte, that starts wide in the back and proceeds to a point at the forehead above the facemask. This helmet is going to have to be a splash. But if you think about it, the classic Michigan helmets if they never existed and came out new on a team rebranding in the NFL today — ppl would say that’s garish, too new, too wild.

The way Nike Branding Labs works, the Jets have become Nikes Frankenstein.

Think Seattle Seahawks new branding but on steroids, and with a new logo. I actually think this is a great idea. The Jets are going to have to look more like Jets, more aero, more space age.

Right now they don’t look aero, they look like army men. 

Wasn't the Green because of Leon Hess & his logos were green & white? Anyone who thinks we have the best uniforms in the league is crazy. The 80s one sucked too. Perfect tiiming with Sam to move on, Jets need a youth movement with their fans, 13 million people in the NY, NJ area you make this change along with the Coaches and you go boldly forward. Hell, I'm going on 59 & can see this team needs new branding & new fans. 

If you change the look & hit on the right coach, Darnold grows with the team & they start scoring points, Jets are a fitting name & the headlines are eye catchers. Jets flying to new heights ect. It's a twitter, social media world & the only thing anyone thinks about seeing the current Jets is LOSERS.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

 


I don’t know about the guy you’re talking about but the guy in front of him is wearing a grey jacket that says Jets on it. Wouldn’t be surprised if grey is a color choice.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

 

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Someone mentioned using the F16 fighter jets grey in the unis, I hope they go that route.

In the latest One Jets Drive video, they show the Jets in practice in jerseys, both green and white, where the numbers appear to be a gray/silver/white camo pattern. Potentially the biggest clue yet. It's towards the end, maybe 1:30 left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

So then what’s the problem? New uniforms or not, it doesn’t make the player or the team. 

Like the only reason you’re showing up every week to root and discuss this team is because they still have a good uniform. 🙄right. 

Nope lifelong diehard. 

The uniforms are the least of our worries an organization that should be putting more emphasis  on the product on the field. 

Nike made the uniforms 5 different shades of green not the NY Jets. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Wasn't the Green because of Leon Hess & his logos were green & white? Anyone who thinks we have the best uniforms in the league is crazy. The 80s one sucked too. Perfect tiiming with Sam to move on, Jets need a youth movement with their fans, 13 million people in the NY, NJ area you make this change along with the Coaches and you go boldly forward. Hell, I'm going on 59 & can see this team needs new branding & new fans. 

If you change the look & hit on the right coach, Darnold grows with the team & they start scoring points, Jets are a fitting name & the headlines are eye catchers. Jets flying to new heights ect. It's a twitter, social media world & the only thing anyone thinks about seeing the current Jets is LOSERS.

I can see it after a bad loss early in the season next year. “New Uniforms Same Results”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Wasn't the Green because of Leon Hess & his logos were green & white?

No, it's because Sonny Werblin's birthday was St. Patrick's Day. Seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only recent Nike rebrand that was an improvement was Minnesota. The rest have been disasters. 

Tampa and Tennessee both look like arena teams.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope lifelong diehard. 

The uniforms are the least of our worries an organization that should be putting more emphasis  on the product on the field. 

Nike made the uniforms 5 different shades of green not the NY Jets. 

 

Maybe that’s why we’ve had bad drafts past few years. Mac is too busy picking out colors for the new uniforms. All makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDL_JET said:

Maybe that’s why we’ve had bad drafts past few years. Mac is too busy picking out colors for the new uniforms. All makes sense. 

Macc has no clue about anything and doubt he could tell Nike what to do. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The only recent Nike rebrand that was an improvement was Minnesota. The rest have been disasters. 

Tampa and Tennessee both look like arena teams.

Did Nike do the fish? Because, while I dislike them the most, I have to say that their new unis are pretty sleek - outside of the name of the team on the jersey, which I really don't like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slats said:

Did Nike do the fish? Because, while I dislike them the most, I have to say that their new unis are pretty sleek - outside of the name of the team on the jersey, which I really don't like. 

I really don't want to see that goofy looking plane on anything NY Jets especially the uniforms. 

Image result for ny jets plane logo

Image result for ny jets logo
 
BEST 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slats said:

Did Nike do the fish? Because, while I dislike them the most, I have to say that their new unis are pretty sleek - outside of the name of the team on the jersey, which I really don't like. 

Yeah fair. They tweaked it this year and added more orange and it looks a lot better. However their throwbacks are easily their best sets.

The Lions also simplified and dropped the black accents. However from what’s been put out there it doesn’t sound like the Jets are going with simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen shot from One Jets Drive... 

B0E2B576-41D0-4ABB-905C-52E74542AE83.png

B074E7F0-8623-45C3-B00A-F0847352ED54.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...