Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Just saw this on Twitter - not sure it has been posted here. The laces on the ball have been slightly tweaked to represent a jet with the wings on each side. They should use this immediately. It finishes the logo in a really smart way by having the much needed reference to a jet. 

A72458FD-7F16-4212-8C8E-AC91ED3D6BE4.jpeg

Looks like Brady defelated it.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

As seen in your second set of pictures, not a single one of these teams use these logos as the primary logo on their uniform. These are all secondary logos, which is exactly what the new Jets one should have been.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jets secondary logo is the one in the oval then. They are not using it on their uniforms either.

LOL, the Microsoft Paint Brigade is in full effect tonight.
Listen fellas, learn to like the helmet.  The team has spoken, the players have spoken, harsh critics have spoken, everyone likes them.  You will too..  Trust me, when we're 6-2 at the turn in late October, you'll be loving them.
SAR I

"Everyone doesn't like them" but even taking your comment on face value, "everyone" likes the uniforms not the logo. A poll on this site before the reveal had an 80/20 split on the logo with the vast majority not liking it. Sorry it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

As seen in your second set of pictures, not a single one of these teams use these logos as the primary logo on their uniform. These are all secondary logos, which is exactly what the new Jets one should have been.

I'm not a fan of these teams but I'm pretty sure those are the Islanders and Nets primary logos and I'm pretty sure the Mets still use a sleeve patch, and the Knicks use that on their shorts and warmup gear.  As for the Yankees, the Tophat logo is on the sleeve of the dugout jackets which are on TV as much as the jerseys are.  Point is, these aren't "gameface" type alternate logos.  They are 100% recognizable and dominantly associated with each brand and if it's good enough for these other New York teams it's good enough for the Jets. 

And pay attention to the branding challenge each of these teams face:  There is no such thing as a "Met" or a "Yankee" or a "Knick" or a "Islander".  It's not like Lions and Tigers and Bears which are fierce creatures and tell a story.  It's not even like a Pirate or a Buccaneer or a Raider which are aggressive humans.  Jets, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Islanders, Knicks.....they need help to tell the story.  That's why they use the imagery and equipment of their respective sports on the logos.  It tells the story for those teams like a swashbuckler with an eye patch does for Oakland.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

"Everyone doesn't like them" but even taking your comment on face value, "everyone" likes the uniforms not the logo. A poll on this site before the reveal had an 80/20 split on the logo with the vast majority not liking it. Sorry it is what it is.

It's on a Jets fan site polluted with Negative Nancies.  Find a poll from a neutral source, you're going to get a different outcome.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not a fan of these teams but I'm pretty sure those are the Islanders and Nets primary logos and I'm pretty sure the Mets still use a sleeve patch, and the Knicks use that on their shorts and warmup gear.  As for the Yankees, the Tophat logo is on the sleeve of the dugout jackets which are on TV as much as the jerseys are.  Point is, these aren't "gameface" type alternate logos.  They are 100% recognizable and dominantly associated with each brand and if it's good enough for these other New York teams it's good enough for the Jets. 

And pay attention to the branding challenge each of these teams face:  There is no such thing as a "Met" or a "Yankee" or a "Knick" or a "Islander".  It's not like Lions and Tigers and Bears which are fierce creatures and tell a story.  It's not even like a Pirate or a Buccaneer or a Raider which are aggressive humans.  Jets, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Islanders, Knicks.....they need help to tell the story.  That's why they use the imagery and equipment of their respective sports on the logos.  It tells the story for those teams like a swashbuckler with an eye patch does for Oakland.

SAR I

You've really never been to the airport, have you? You should go, the Concords are awesome to behold.

Sneaky trick putting the Jets in with those other teams. If the Minnesota Wild can come up with a workable logo, the Jets surely can.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's on a Jets fan site polluted with Negative Nancies.  Find a poll from a neutral source, you're going to get a different outcome.

SAR I

The "logo" sucks. The shoulder stripe things kind of suck. The rest of the uniform I'm pleased as freaking punch about. Except the black alternates, those are pukey.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

It has a baseball in it, that's taboo!

If it said Mets and then had a stick figure baseball underneath it, that would suck just as much as ours does.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

7581-F995-B7-FB-4-C6-B-A497-D4-A8487970-

This guy loves them and that's really all that matters.

SAR I

I like the black jersey.  It's the one thing that is truly new and I like it.  The whites look the best, IMO.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

7581-F995-B7-FB-4-C6-B-A497-D4-A8487970-

The jordon logo on the gloves has a basketball ball, how ridiculous!

football.jpg

Look at Jamal's neckline!  Look at the NFL logo!  It's got a football!  A cartoonish football!  A foot-ball.  FOOT.  BALL.  On EVERY player jersey in the NFL!  LOOK at the LACES!  It's the SAME FOOTBALL!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

WTF???!!!  JETS what are you DOING?  WHY???!!!  You've POISONED the entire LEAGUE with your CLIPARTISM!!! 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Just saw this on Twitter - not sure it has been posted here. The laces on the ball have been slightly tweaked to represent a jet with the wings on each side. They should use this immediately. It finishes the logo in a really smart way by having the much needed reference to a jet.

nflair.jpg

"Attention control tower, Flight NFL requesting permission to land!  Coming in heavy!  Got a bogey on my tail!"

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

football.jpg

Look at Jamal's neckline!  Look at the NFL logo!  It's got a football!  A cartoonish football!  A foot-ball.  FOOT.  BALL.  On EVERY player jersey in the NFL!  LOOK at the LACES!  It's the SAME FOOTBALL!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

WTF???!!!  JETS what are you DOING?  WHY???!!!  You've POISONED the entire LEAGUE with your CLIPARTISM!!! 

SAR I

Dear middle aged white man,

Pretty sure the homie was being facetious with that one. Relax.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

football.jpg

SAR I

Lol even you can see why having Jordan in the picture, for basketball, is stupid right? To be in the promo picture..

You understand it right? Lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

0-C3-B3435-DAA1-451-B-A13-F-F7-EB82-DF53

Agreed. And Sam and Jamal love the new logo.  And the Concorde doesn't fly anymore.

SAR I

neither does a football. 🙄

46 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Lol even you can see why having Jordan in the picture, for basketball, is stupid right? To be in the promo picture..

You understand it right? Lol

Jamal is sponsored by Jordan Brand. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Jamal is sponsored by Jordan Brand. 

Guess they missed the fact he been rocking Jordan cleats and gear on the field for 2 years ..

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

nflair.jpg

"Attention control tower, Flight NFL requesting permission to land!  Coming in heavy!  Got a bogey on my tail!"

SAR I

This just reinforces my suspicion that most people who use the acquisition of money as a hobby are, in fact, artistically retarded.

I am tired of explaining the difference between something that IS a football and something that incorporates a football.

I can just imagine you boogying down the highway in your Mercedes rockin out to some Def Leppard singing "Pour some sugar on meeee!" enraptured with the anticipitory thrill of casuallly slipping into conversation with the fellas how much you spent on your shirt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Watch all 11 minutes of this video, the players agree with you:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/the-making-of-the-new-jets-uniforms

SAR I

It's funny....all the secrecy about the new logo and the reality is they leaked it themselves with their own promo video months ago when they used snippets of CJs visit to Nike headquarters in a shorter promo.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps, but they tell the story, don't they?  Glance for a half a second and you immediately know what sports those teams play.  Someone in Mexico City is like "Who are the Nets?" but show them a logo with a basketball, ah, they get it.

"Jets" doesn't mean anything unless its connected to New York and Football.  Then it's worth $3 Billion dollars.

SAR I

By this logic, Nike should have a sneaker in its logo. Amazon a computer with 100’s of crappy products on it. Walmart obese Americans buying stuff made in China.

In other words, you’re applauding them for solving a design problem that doesn’t exist. Typical of the executive team that forces good design into crap, which is what I said looked to be the case with these unis.

• Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

football.jpg

SAR I

Clowns and their clown art can't get it right. Take this for example...

download.png

football.jpg&key=040d403bdb4bfe6490a433c923ce674d765c5717afbf0e71f20a329843a1f659
SAR I

You are being intentionally obtuse if you can't figure out why it's okay for the NFL logo to feature a football and not the Jets.

• Post of the Week 1

For 40 of the 60 years of the AFL/AFC the JETS have featured a football in their logo.

For 20 years they had the bold JETS font.

They have merged the two and are staying with their roots... Now in another 20 years the football will have lived on for 60 of 80 years...

There are a lot of historical things that would look better... but sometimes history is more important than whatever you can dream in Photoshop that day.

inCollage_20190404_212001785.thumb.jpg.14b71face3cdf380423232deeb21fb6c.jpg

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

By this logic, Nike should have a sneaker in its logo. Amazon a computer with 100’s of crappy products on it. Walmart obese Americans buying stuff made in China.

In other words, you’re applauding them for solving a design problem that doesn’t exist. Typical of the executive team that forces good design into crap, which is what I said looked to be the case with these unis.

Yeah but I’ve never associated and I don’t think anyone has really associated this team with fighter jets or even commercial jets. We’re the football Jets, the word Jets inside a football is our identity more than an airplane is.

and I know you’re not saying that but some of the vocal minority is obsessed with using actual jets as our logo and it’s entirely off brand.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1