Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Just now, kdels62 said:

Yeah but I’ve never associated and I don’t think anyone has really associated this team with fighter jets or even commercial jets. We’re the football Jets, the word Jets inside a football is our identity more than an airplane is.

and I know you’re not saying that but some of the vocal minority is obsessed with using actual jets as our logo and it’s entirely off brand.

Image result for jet's pizza pics

12 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

By far the best!

thumb.jpeg

Yeah but some expert told us this isn't well designed. 

None of the long standing iconic logos are in fact.

This has become something beyond stupid.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

balls.jpg

BASEBALLS?

BASKETBALLS?

BATS?

STICKS?

PUCKS?

WTF are these local teams doing?  Awful!  Outrage!  Screams!  Tears!  Renderings!  Petitions!  Boycotts!

SAR I

How many of those logos are on their uniforms or hats/helmets?

Just the Isle who have a history of poor uniform choices.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Just saw this on Twitter - not sure it has been posted here. The laces on the ball have been slightly tweaked to represent a jet with the wings on each side. They should use this immediately. It finishes the logo in a really smart way by having the much needed reference to a jet. 

A72458FD-7F16-4212-8C8E-AC91ED3D6BE4.jpeg

I see t!ts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The Jets did not include their logo on their uniforms either.

images.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This just reinforces my suspicion that most people who use the acquisition of money as a hobby are, in fact, artistically retarded.

I am tired of explaining the difference between something that IS a football and something that incorporates a football.

I can just imagine you boogying down the highway in your Mercedes rockin out to some Def Leppard singing "Pour some sugar on meeee!" enraptured with the anticipitory thrill of casuallly slipping into conversation with the fellas how much you spent on your shirt. 

This just reinforces my suspicion that graphic artists are temperamental and don't know how to get in line and follow orders from executives, hence the reason so few of them are employed full time and the profession has been reduced to an army of disposable freelancers.

I am tired of seeing renderings and hearing opinions that criticize a world-renowned $30B sports marketing giant (Nike) and a world-famous $3B sports brand (Jets) because they don't meet the standards of unusually arrogant mouse pushers.  I can just imagine you driving the speed limit in the fast lane in your Prius bouncing along to Pet Shop Boys singing "Running down underground to a dive bar in a west end town..." thinking about saving trees and proud of how you're angering the line of luxury cars behind you.

Just like we give our draft picks and our new coaches a year or two before passing judgement, let's do the same for our new uniforms. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I look forward to some merchandise with take flight swoosh as the season approached closer. A hat with NY + Swoosh, or Jets + Swoosh would be nice in black white and that gotham green.

35 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The Mets on the shoulders and they have beautiful uniforms.

Knicks on the pants.

The Dodgers definitely sell hats with the logo on it, same with the Nets.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

By this logic, Nike should have a sneaker in its logo. Amazon a computer with 100’s of crappy products on it. Walmart obese Americans buying stuff made in China.

In other words, you’re applauding them for solving a design problem that doesn’t exist. Typical of the executive team that forces good design into crap, which is what I said looked to be the case with these unis.

SENTENCE.jpg

It just dawns on me-  I don't think you understand our logo.  I think you're judging it like you would the Nike Swoosh, as something obtuse or artistic.  It's not.  It's something literal.  It's a sentence.  It says "New York Jets Football".

And it still does.  They just moved the "New York" to the uniform and left the "Jets Football" part on the helmet.  Unless you're buying a cap or a t-shirt in which case the combined logo again says "New York Jets Football".

Our logo is and has always been a sentence, a statement of fact of who we are.  "New York Jets Football".

SAR I

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Mets on the shoulders and they have beautiful uniforms.

Knicks on the pants.

The Dodgers definitely sell hats with the logo on it, same with the Nets.

Yankees sell a boatload of Tophat logo'd items and it's been a staple on the jacket sleeve of every coach, bench player, and bullpen player for decades.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, British Jet said:

How is this still going?

The entertainment level is through the roof, thats how!!!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SENTENCE.jpg

It just dawns on me-  I don't think you understand our logo.  I think you're judging it like you would the Nike Swoosh, as something obtuse or artistic.  It's not.  It's something literal.  It's a sentence.  It says "New York Jets Football".

And it still does.  They just moved the "New York" to the uniform and left the "Jets Football" part on the helmet.  Unless you're buying a cap or a t-shirt in which case the combined logo again says "New York Jets Football".

Our logo is and has always been a sentence, a statement of fact of who we are.  "New York Jets Football".

SAR I

I’m judging the strategy that resulted in it being a literal sentence. “Joe’ Plumbing Services” is fine, for s small biz in specific industries. For global brand based in the greatest city in America? No. 

I think the problem is that you don’t understand that the Jets don’t need a mom and pop logo, and are letting your MAGA show by not accepting different opinions.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yankees sell a boatload of Tophat logo'd items and it's been a staple on the jacket sleeve of every coach, bench player, and bullpen player for decades.

SAR I

Popularity and nostalgia don’t = good design. You guys are falsely equivocating. Hot dogs are popular, but one of the most poorly designed food products of all time in terms of nutrition and appeal. 

Sometimes we just love ugly.

Im not telling you cannot love the new unis, I’m just making clear it is not good design. De-couple likeable from strategical/technically sound.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the problem is that you don’t understand that the Jets don’t need a mom and pop logo, and are letting your MAGA show by not accepting different opinions.

So this new logo will MJGA Make Jets Great Again!!!!!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, British Jet said:

How is this still going?

It doesn’t take much to fan the flames.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SENTENCE.jpg

SAR I

So, when you sign every post with "SAR I", is that a literal sentence that says: "Somewhat Artistically Retarded, I (am)"?

• Haha 3

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:50 AM, joewilly12 said:

I always said if Kenny O'Brien had brought the Jets a Championship they would've played this song all the time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m judging the strategy that resulted in it being a literal sentence. “Joe’ Plumbing Services” is fine, for s small biz in specific industries. For global brand based in the greatest city in America? No. 

huhhhh???

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

The Jets did not include their logo on their uniforms either.

images.png

well they did.. they just split it up... they put the New York on the Jersey & left the rest on the helmet.

Just now, jetsons said:

well they did.. they just split it up... they put the New York on the Jersey & left the rest on the helmet.

As did many of the other NY teams, yet we're being told that none of them use their logos on their uniforms.

You can't have it both ways. 

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

As did many of the other NY teams, yet we're being told that none of them use their logos on their uniforms.

You can't have it both ways. 

"The Jets did not include their logo on their uniforms either"...

I'm responding to the above statement.

Just now, jetsons said:

"The Jets did not include their logo on their uniforms either"...

I'm responding to the above statement.

Technically they didn't, they broke it up as you stated.

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

B1-E96-FE3-E131-4-C87-9-FC3-51-C9-E9-B48

The football has been in our logo for 55 years.  Funny, I don't recall a single complaint about it in all that time. 

The helmet reads "Jets Football".  What a horrific crime.

SAR I

and uniform was part of Jets history for 55 years. They decided to throw that history in garbage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SENTENCE.jpg

SAR I

Should also be noted that it now says "New York" on the rubber pad on the back of the the helmet instead of "Jets", as the old helmet did.

So technically it still says "New York Jets Football" all on the helmet.

IMG_20190407_135527.jpg

IMG_20190407_140407.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grandy said:

07bfh1yoyeq21.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=f8a4d3b4c72ba2196a1783bca4f92a8de5cd9287

Same concept as I posted a minute ago, but with the Jet on the top. Not sure if I like this rendition as much

Love this.  I like how it incorporates the current font with the abstract jet. Perfectly completes the rest of the uniform. Miss opportunity and 1000x better than the huge football.  

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, Grandy said:

Same concept as I posted a minute ago, but with the Jet on the top. Not sure if I like this rendition as much

0-C3-B3435-DAA1-451-B-A13-F-F7-EB82-DF53

Same concept as you posted except I removed the 1976 supersonic transport and replaced it with an updated version of the football that the NFL itself uses on its own logo.

What do you think?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Should also be noted that it now says "New York" on the rubber pad on the back of the the helmet instead of "Jets", as the old helmet did.

So technically it still says "New York Jets Football" all on the helmet.

IMG_20190407_135527.jpg

BOOM.

I like that version.  Why don't we run with that?

SAR I

2 hours ago, British Jet said:

How is this still going?

Part-time graphic artists shilling for more freelance work.  The more examples they put up the greater the odds that they get a Cartoon Network blandishment gig or land the next Utz campaign.

SAR I

• Haha 1