Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s a donut. That’s a donut shop. A craft donut shop mind you.

Also notice how the donut shop is right next to the comic shop. A+ planning right there.

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And a speech bubble for the comic book store!  

Freelancers.

SAR I

What is this place? Town of Mamaroneck?

This podcast has some “inside” info on the Jets uniforms that seems highly plausible. 

Among the items:

1. Design started five years ago, but Woody Johnson kept waffling on design proposals. Wasn’t until Chris Johnson took over when the project really got started. 

2. Helmet was last thing they designed. Original plan was for a matte finish like the Vikings helmet, but they changed to the metallic, multichromatic design based on a new helmet introduced by LSU. 

3. The NFL and Nike wanted the Jets to adopt a new logo. But Jets brass didn’t want to change it. They compromised and made the logo we see now. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/play-like-a-jet-new-york-jets/id1236901698?mt=2&i=1000434228363

39 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

3. The NFL and Nike wanted the Jets to adopt a new logo. But Jets brass didn’t want to change it. They compromised and made the logo we see now. 

Not a surprise, a number of us predicted just that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

46 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This podcast has some “inside” info on the Jets uniforms that seems highly plausible. 

Among the items:

1. Design started five years ago, but Woody Johnson kept waffling on design proposals. Wasn’t until Chris Johnson took over when the project really got started. 

2. Helmet was last thing they designed. Original plan was for a matte finish like the Vikings helmet, but they changed to the metallic, multichromatic design based on a new helmet introduced by LSU. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/play-like-a-jet-new-york-jets/id1236901698?mt=2&i=1000434228363

If only they had a monkey with crayons on staff to sway them.

• Upvote 1

I assume this is the LSU helmet they're talking about. The helmet was worn once by the team, in October, and it changed color from purple to gold depending on how the light hit it. That would explain the effect we're seeing with the Jets helmet -- it actually does change from black to green depending on the light. 

On 3/31/2019 at 10:08 PM, Joejet said:

My point was that someone with 5 posts probably shouldn’t be deciding who can or can’t post on this site.  You can certainly have an opinion but maybe you should wait a bit before you declare yourself the site overlord.

You are a fool.....when did I declare myself a site overload? The only thing I said was that I don't like fans who are frontrunners,,,I am true to my teams. The dolphin fan says he is hoping the Jets do good because they hired the ex dolphin coach, cmon man,  how can a true fan hope for a team in their own division to do well? Unless you too are a fine weather fan you would agree with me....Just saying!!!

52 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

You are a fool.....when did I declare myself a site overload? The only thing I said was that I don't like fans who are frontrunners,,,I am true to my teams. The dolphin fan says he is hoping the Jets do good because they hired the ex dolphin coach, cmon man,  how can a true fan hope for a team in their own division to do well? Unless you too are a fine weather fan you would agree with me....Just saying!!!

You are just now replying to my March 31 post?  Are you just coming out of your stupor?  I have been a Jets and Jets only fan since 1965 so I guess that blows your “fine” weather fan theory out of the water.  I personally have no problem with him posting here and welcome his insight.  At least he adds something positive to the board.  I see you are up to 8 posts now, good for you.

• Haha 1

Yeah but I’ve never associated and I don’t think anyone has really associated this team with fighter jets or even commercial jets. We’re the football Jets, the word Jets inside a football is our identity more than an airplane is.
and I know you’re not saying that but some of the vocal minority is obsessed with using actual jets as our logo and it’s entirely off brand.

This dude just literally said that the word “Jets” in our name doesn’t actually stand for anything and no one says a word? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen written on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On 4/6/2019 at 10:41 PM, SAR I said:

I'm not a fan of these teams but I'm pretty sure those are the Islanders and Nets primary logos and I'm pretty sure the Mets still use a sleeve patch, and the Knicks use that on their shorts and warmup gear.  As for the Yankees, the Tophat logo is on the sleeve of the dugout jackets which are on TV as much as the jerseys are.  Point is, these aren't "gameface" type alternate logos.  They are 100% recognizable and dominantly associated with each brand and if it's good enough for these other New York teams it's good enough for the Jets. 

And pay attention to the branding challenge each of these teams face:  There is no such thing as a "Met" or a "Yankee" or a "Knick" or a "Islander".  It's not like Lions and Tigers and Bears which are fierce creatures and tell a story.  It's not even like a Pirate or a Buccaneer or a Raider which are aggressive humans.  Jets, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Islanders, Knicks.....they need help to tell the story.  That's why they use the imagery and equipment of their respective sports on the logos.  It tells the story for those teams like a swashbuckler with an eye patch does for Oakland.

SAR I

You're ignoring the obvious and reaching at arguments of comparison to other team logos to prove the jets logo looks good.  The ones you posted do not plop a clip art puck, bball, or hoop onto a text team name. The only one close is the crappy baseball with the streaks of red to indicate its moving. And it's very outdated.   The old helmet logo incorporated the helmet into the overall design and that is the difference you refuse to acknowledge. But that's ok. To each his own. I wear a jersey at games and dont mind the new ones. When I start wearing a helmet I'll just go throwback. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Are they already avail in stores?

Yes. I happened to be in Modells getting sneakers and checked the jersey area where sure enough there was a rack of Darnold jerseys in green but that was pretty much it. A couple of old ones left too that were on sale but unfortunately not my size. 

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because...This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because...

• Thumb Down 3

30 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Yes. I happened to be in Modells getting sneakers and checked the jersey area where sure enough there was a rack of Darnold jerseys in green but that was pretty much it. A couple of old ones left too that were on sale but unfortunately not my size. 

I think I'm going to use this opportunity to pick up a couple of the old style jerseys on sale. I'm trying to find a place that has the authentics on clearance. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

This dude just literally said that the word “Jets” in our name doesn’t actually stand for anything and no one says a word? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen written on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Idk maybe because understanding that context from branding can create a different impression for a word outside of the simple definition of a word. Like if you say “Jets” in the context of football or sports, my brain goes “green, white, football” but if we were at an airport and you said “Jets” I’d think “who calls commercial planes ‘jets’ anymore.”

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

"F*CKING JETS BABY!"  ??

Maybe the Jets really did get this guy his tickets. Everytime they cut to the announcers he's plugging the new uniform lol 

20190407_215120.jpg

Dude is awesome and so is the jersey. I don't know if I want to wait till the elite come out I might have to grab that one. Also one of the wrestlers, who never wins was wearing what looking like the old school jets on him green uniform.

But yeah there have been a couple jets guys. But at the same time one dude from SNL was wearing a brown OBJ jersey. 

I'm actually surprised they didn't send a couple players to be ringside. I mean that would have been cool. Or at least a couple fans to wear them. Its in their stadioum for f sakes 

10 hours ago, jetsons said:

I prefer the Jet underneath... Just looks better... imo

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg?width=567&auto=webp&s=630fbaf2c002ae9034a2d3ba89f80ec0ba077745

pars.jpg

Yes, please, make us look more like a manufacturer of aircraft and replacement parts.  Because that airplane profile and contrail approach is so fresh and not in use elsewhere.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I think I'm going to use this opportunity to pick up a couple of the old style jerseys on sale. I'm trying to find a place that has the authentics on clearance. 

Post it when you find it. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Among the items:

No wonder it all mismatches.

• Upvote 1