Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You seem to be making it your personal crusade to chide everyone who criticizes the new uniforms and logo; and are making false arguments to do so. To me, that bespeaks someone who's deeply insecure and gets personally offended about opinions differing from their own.

So, please continue.

Yes, more please!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In the packaging and branding process you always have selfish designers looking to build a portfolio with someone else's money instead of executing what their masters pay them for.  The Jets, to their credit, appreciate their heritage and wanted to keep the same wordmark and football icon.  Everything else about the uniform is completely new; the logo is comforting and AFL-respectful.

SAR I 

Wow.

That is, quite frankly, some masterful delusion right there. I am truly in awe right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In the packaging and branding process you always have selfish designers looking to build a portfolio with someone else's money instead of executing what their masters pay them for.  The Jets, to their credit, appreciate their heritage and wanted to keep the same wordmark and football icon.  Everything else about the uniform is completely new; the logo is comforting and AFL-respectful.

SAR I 

I love that you are writing sh*t like this and people are actually taking it seriously. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Meh. I like to think that keeping the clip art football is an homage to the previous logo which wasn't that good to begin with, thus making it pretty meta, which in turn actually makes it kind of awesome. Better to think of the football and logo overall as more Phil Connors than Kardashian.

I’m not actually opposed to the clip art football.  I’m simply stating that it’s less logo, and more, words in an oval.

And, my bigger gripe is with the uniform, because it’s an XFL logo, that was clearly designed as a product first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The uniform looks terrific.  Big NEW YORK on the jersey, big JETS on the helmet.  Badass.

If you're complaining about the logo that's not on the uniform, the football-shaped one that's on fan merchandise like hats and hoodies, don't buy them and you'll never have to look at them.

SAR I

And BIG clip art football center stage on the helmet.

It went from a small part of the old logo to 2x the size and overlapping the team name. In some ways it's the focal point of the logo. It's like someone said I don't think this cheesy graphical football is getting enough attention on the logo, what can we do about it?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not the one that's going to be filled with disappointment and regret every time I see the new uniforms on the field for the next 30 years.

This.  I'm not going to be cringing every time the Jets take the field over the next decade plus.  

They could have REALLY screwed this up to the extent where I would have vomitted/laughed every time I saw them.

That's not the case.  I'll bet by this time in June I'll actually be loving them.  Well, not the black ones but every other combo.  And I'll probably grudgingly end up liking the black ones too.  But they were so unnecessary.  

Considering the abortion I was expecting, I'm very relieved.  Yeah.  Not bad, Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

Then go follow the xfl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s worth pointing out that this attempt at a ‘clapback’ makes no sense as I am unhappy that it looks like an amateur uniform and not befitting an NFL franchise with a long history.  But, hey, you tried...

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTM said:

It went from a small part of the old logo to 2x the size and overlapping the team name. In some ways it's the focal point of the logo. It's like someone said I don't think this cheesy graphical football is getting enough attention on the logo, what can we do about it?

Make it bigger, so that people know that it’s a sentence. Obviously.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You seem to be making it your personal crusade to chide everyone who criticizes the new uniforms and logo; and are making false arguments to do so. To me, that bespeaks someone who's deeply insecure and gets personally offended about opinions differing from their own.

So, please continue.

I find that it's the insecure people who project their meek views of life on others.

I'm not offended by other's opinions.  I'm just tired of them.  It's been 8 months, you lost on logo, I lost on helmet color, but in the end we all won as we have a fresh group of experienced players under a fresh group of experienced coaches in a shiny new uniform.  So start to pay attention to the draft and the preseason schedule that was just released today.  Uniform talk is tired.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I find that it's the insecure people who project their meek views of life on others.

I'm not offended by other's opinions.  I'm just tired of them.  It's been 8 months, you lost on logo, I lost on helmet color, but in the end we all won as we have a fresh group of experienced players under a fresh group of experienced coaches in a shiny new uniform.  So start to pay attention to the draft and the preseason schedule that was just released today.  Uniform talk is tired.

SAR I

Opinions are the wirstest.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

This.  I'm not going to be cringing every time the Jets take the field over the next decade plus.  

They could have REALLY screwed this up to the extent where I would have vomitted/laughed every time I saw them.

That's not the case.  I'll bet by this time in June I'll actually be loving them.  Well, not the black ones but every other combo.  And I'll probably grudgingly end up liking the black ones too.  But they were so unnecessary.  

Considering the abortion I was expecting, I'm very relieved.  Yeah.  Not bad, Jets.

When you think about it, it’s not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I like you, Peace Frog.

SAR I

1 hour ago, CTM said:

helmet.jpg

F6397-F11-9215-45-FA-BA19-2774-A5957332.

F21-BBBC3-0091-472-D-A217-076-BC1-B5-A32

You can't look at the helmet logo in a vacuum, you have to look at it in the context of the rest of the uniform.  The size of the helmet logo is appropriate. 

First of all, it's the only thing on the helmet, there are no stripes.  Look at the other NFL teams who don't have helmet stripes like the Bucs, Jags, Cards, Falcons, Eagles, Rams, Vikings, Seahawks, etc. and their helmet logos are large and dominant.  They have to be.  A solid color helmet with small decals would look stupid.  The logo is the only thing with visual interest on a helmet without stripes.

Next, look at the uniform.  The "NEW YORK" script is big and powerful so to have a helmet that says "JETS" in anything but a more powerful size would be poor uniform design.  It's the same font.  Look at the "E".  New York and Jets are designed to be seen together.  Look at those wide and dominant shoulder and pants stripes.  The helmet logo has to overpower those as well.  So it does.

Lastly, the lack of a pretty airplane.  That's what the shoulder striping represents.  Some see it as a wing.  Some see it as a cape.  Some see it as a contrail.  All three conjure up the thought of "flight".  Putting a contrail or a plane with a swoosh behind it would be overkill as we have those on the shoulders and pants.  Look at the Robby image.  Do we need an airplane or more 'lines' on the helmet?  Hell no.

The uniform reeks of flight.  The helmet coordinates with the chest script.  The green helmet throws back to the 80's, the Jets Football helmet logo throws back to Joe Willy's 60's.  That's why it all works and is a homage to both "flight" and "heritage" and comes across as "modern" in the process.  It's a tough thing to pull off.  But the Jets and Nike did.  Your New York Jets have the nicest modern uniform in the NFL.  An amazing accomplishment.  Something the Jets got very right.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

helmet.jpg

You can't look at the helmet logo in a vacuum, you have to look at it in the context of the rest of the uniform.  The size of the helmet logo is appropriate. 

First of all, it's the only thing on the helmet, there are no stripes.  Look at the other NFL teams who don't have helmet stripes like the Bucs, Jags, Cards, Falcons, Eagles, Rams, Vikings, Seahawks, etc. and their helmet logos are large and dominant.  They have to be.  A solid color helmet with small decals would look stupid.  The logo is the only thing with visual interest on a helmet without stripes.

Next, look at the uniform.  The "NEW YORK" script is big and powerful so to have a helmet that says "JETS" in anything but a more powerful size would be poor uniform design.  It's the same font.  Look at the "E".  New York and Jets are designed to be seen together.  Look at those wide and dominant shoulder and pants stripes.  The helmet logo has to overpower those as well.  So it does.

Lastly, the lack of a pretty airplane.  That's what the shoulder striping represents.  Some see it as a wing.  Some see it as a cape.  Some see it as a contrail.  All three conjure up the thought of "flight".  Putting a contrail or a plane with a swoosh behind it would be overkill as we have those on the shoulders and pants.  Look at the Robby image.  Do we need an airplane or more 'lines' on the helmet?  Hell no.

The uniform reeks of flight.  The helmet coordinates with the chest script.  The green helmet throws back to the 80's, the Jets Football helmet logo throws back to Joe Willy's 60's.  That's why it all works and is a homage to both "flight" and "heritage" and comes across as "modern" in the process.  It's a tough thing to pull off.  But the Jets and Nike did.  Your New York Jets have the nicest modern uniform in the NFL.  An amazing accomplishment.  Something the Jets got very right.

SAR I

Opinions are so much bad.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I think it’s worth pointing out that this attempt at a ‘clapback’ makes no sense as I am unhappy that it looks like an amateur uniform and not befitting an NFL franchise with a long history.  But, hey, you tried...

throwbacks.jpg

This looks very good as our throwback alternates, works quite well as we've retained the majority of the '68 helmet decal in our new logo.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

helmet.jpg

SAR I

giphy.gif.aff83a3b8c30c0ca0d8021fc1ba398f0.gif

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

helmet.jpg

SAR I

Okay, this is the kind of obsessive, in-depth analysis that is only created by someone committed to doing a shtick, or a complete psychopath.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, so what you are saying is that on a helmet where the logo is the only thing featured its even more important that it brings something significant to the table in both concept and design?

Which block letters JETS and overlayed clip art football certainly does.

The logo is a new take, but it keeps in line with it's history, and it goes with the uniform.

Valid points have been made that it could be better, but nothing I've seen to date looks as good.

It also could be much worse, Nike came up with this design, if it's bad, then the others could have been worse.

They used a clipart football... How do we know others did not include a clipart jet?

Which would have much worse IMO.