Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

36 minutes ago, CTM said:

Oh, so what you are saying is that on a helmet where the logo is the only thing featured its even more important that it brings something significant to the table in both concept and design?

Which block letters JETS and overlayed clip art football certainly does.

ff_3432945-eeb64a35d0058a38fb00_full.jpg

Yes, it does.

And here I thought you were going to continue the obsessive argument.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You aren’t a stooge for liking the new uniforms. If that helps clarify things.

BM

once again the board monitor chimes in. 

Dont you ever mind your own business.  You must have been beat up daily in HS. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

How about continually saying you’re done responding, in ongoing responses?

How about, once again, minding your own business.  I don't need your useless advice. No one asked you.  

When, for try first time, you show an equal had and say that to someone Ive told to end it then maybe I'd take notice. Until then, you are what you are.  

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

I find that it's the insecure people who project their meek views of life on others.

I'm not offended by other's opinions.  I'm just tired of them.  It's been 8 months, you lost on logo, I lost on helmet color, but in the end we all won as we have a fresh group of experienced players under a fresh group of experienced coaches in a shiny new uniform.  So start to pay attention to the draft and the preseason schedule that was just released today.  Uniform talk is tired.

SAR I

Kind of agree. I hate them - but I'm over it. Yet......... here I am still looking at and chiming in on the thread. 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

BM

once again the board monitor chimes in. 

Dont you ever mind your own business.  You must have been beat up daily in HS. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How about, once again, minding your own business.  I don't need your useless advice. No one asked you.  

When, for try first time, you show an equal had and say that to someone Ive told to end it then maybe I'd take notice. Until then, you are what you are.  

Marry, kill, ****:

1. Jetnut

2. Jetnut’s projected personality disorders

3. Yourself

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Here's my new avatar. It should help you identify who I am, plus I think it's really modern and badass.

2073619892_Mylogo.jpg.08ae1b12b7892934614de472193edabc.jpg

Very sentencey for the people of rural India and Thailand to understand who you are. Great design.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I was reading that last night like 

tenor.gif

Oh, I don’t even read the replies. I see the alert that I’ve been quoted, jump to them and just troll. The replies are always the same, some sort of vitriolic inference about my personal life, a bunch of rule setting about how folks should behave here, a complete lack of self-awareness, and total irony.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

ff_3432945-eeb64a35d0058a38fb00_full.jpg

Yes, it does.

And here I thought you were going to continue the obsessive argument.

SAR I

Obsessive says the guy arguing with 5+ people in this thread.

It's ok, the Jets screwed the pooch on the logo. They can still be your favorite team. I know your little homer brain thinks critiscm of the jets isnt congruent with Jets fandom but I can assure its ok and even healthy. 

• Upvote 1

Since the leak I’ve had many Jets fans and strangers disliking the uniforms. I get the impression they wanted less new and more of the same where I didn’t. The “Jets edge” seems the most disliked aspect of the uniform, again my favorite.

You’re not going to please everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every NFL fan across America knows the acronym “S.O.J.” regarding New York’s other NFL team: “Same Old Jets.” That’s what you get when you’ve missed the playoffs for the past eight seasons and had just eight playoff appearances over the past 32 years, a period during which the rival New York Giants won three Super Bowls.

Clearly, the only way to dispel that notion is on the gridiron, with upgraded talent. The Jets have made recent improvements, signing Le’Veon Bell, the most coveted (and costly) NFL free agent. Last April, the team drafted what it hopes will be a franchise quarterback in Sam Darnold.Years before both of those moves, Jets ownership initiated another move toward a new identity — a rebrand unveiled last Thursday that is the team’s first in more than two decades.Think it takes a while to turn around the fortunes of an NFL team on the field? Initial work on the rebrand began in 2014. That’s when the Jets started walking a tightrope that’s familiar to every brand marketer from Procter & Gamble on down: How to attract younger customers without losing your core consumers — that archetypal 20 percent who account for 80 percent of sales.“Of course, what happens on the field is paramount,” said Neil Glat, Jets president since 2012, “but we want to be new on a lot of fronts. You’ve got to refresh while respecting history and tradition.”

Just like a packaged-goods relaunch, before a single sketch is drawn or color review attempted, there was a brand audit. League officials interviewed stakeholders from season-ticket holders to team owners, determining which equities were imbued in the 59-year-old brand and what needed to be tweaked.From the first interview five years back with Jets owner Woody Johnson, one direction was paramount.“They were most adamant about, ‘We’re not going to cede New York to anybody,’” said James Carmichael, NFL brand director. “Ownership told us this is as much their town as anybody’s and that a really unique piece of New York personality is truest to the Jets. Our challenge was to carve that out with them. A big part of that was playing up New York visually.”So while the logo and the Jets’ hunter green color have been altered, the most apparent change is that the words “New York” now appear boldly on the newly minted metallic green helmets and on the front of the jersey, now a lighter shade that the Jets are calling “Gotham Green.”

“They’re very invested in adding things their brand hasn’t had, especially younger energy,” said Marc Reeves, Nike (NYSE: NKE) senior director of NFL and NCAA. “They’re dedicated to connecting with the youth of New York City, trying to define themselves as a team that owns the young.”To attract that audience, the Jets have added black to their color palette. In addition to uniforms that are primarily white and green, there’s an alternate jersey that’s largely black, with some green accents.Adding black “really expands what the Jets are allowed to do,” said NFL Art Director Chris Stackhouse. “It makes their colors appealing from a wearability point of view, takes it to a place that’s more modern and to where it can be part of fashion and entertainment.”

Those initial stakeholder interviews took between eight and 12 months. Team and league officials then started working separate paths to design both a new uniform and a different logo.Since the Jets are a team inexorably tied to their green color, finding a new shade took around two years and a review of nearly every Pantone green. Among the concerns, Nike has to be sure it can reproduce the color across every consumer touchpoint.“We pushed and pulled on how to express that idea of New York, as far as color and logo,” Carmichael said.

By late 2017, both the new color and logos passed ownership approval — the classic logo was modernized just a bit. Nike started prototyping uniforms, after ensuring it could find the right dyes. The new uniforms were modeled in boardrooms and eventually on field at MetLife Stadium.Any new logo by the premier spectator sport in the nation’s top market will always sell. So how will the Jets know they got it right ?  “To us, success looks like a young male or female on the subway wearing our new jersey,” said Tim Kemp, Jets senior marketing director, who grew up a fan of the team. “We surely want to connect with those who love the team like their parents, but we also have a unique opportunity to seed our brand with people who aren’t even vested in sports and cultivate the next generation.”If the Jets accomplish that, on and off the field, perhaps it will give rise to a new aphorism among New York football fans: “Same Old Giants.”

Terry Lefton can be reached at tlefton@sportsbusinessjournal.com.

>   https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2019/04/09/j-e-t-s-new-jets-new-jets-new-jets-nfl-team-spends.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Want to improve your overall experience on JetNation 

You've chosen to ignore content by SAR I.

I've never chosen to ignore a poster.

I like to see the stupid sh*t people post so that I can mock them for it. That's really the only way to use the internet.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I like to see the stupid sh*t people post so that I can mock them for it. That's really the only way to use the internet.

+1

No respect for those who use the ignore feature.  It's like walking two blocks off your normal route home because you're worried the bully is going to take your lunch money.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

+1

No respect for those who use the ignore feature.  It's like walking two blocks off your normal route home because you're worried the bully is going to take your lunch money.

SAR I

Eh, in this case it'd be more like driving a different route so you're not tempted to stop, park, and take a heaping sh*t in the middle-aged, midlife-crisis-having, white man's fancy sports convertible.

You'd really be missing out on some good fun.

• Upvote 2

I only came back to this thread to say my 16 year old son thinks "the new uniforms are awesome, especially the black ones." 

I still think they look like an 21st century version of the Coslet/Kotite era unis - don't love them, don't hate them, but I understand my opinion is irrelevant.

My 16 year old loves them so the Jets probably nailed it.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

So was mine.

Can you knit me a hat with the new logo? 

SAR I

Charting the logo is the hardest part of this endeavor. The second hardest is knitting intarsia.  So, there's a custom order page on my website. But I'll probably ignore it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well in this instance it's best for all. 

I cant deal with people who hate the military, emergency services and blue collar employees. 

I cant deal with people who brag and think they are better than everyone else. and own everything better than everyone else. 

Im happy with my decision, I fear no one never have and never will.

I just don't want to piss off the rest of the board and especially Max with the back and forth drivel. 

Certain people bait others hoping they get them banned. 

Good luck in dealing with people like that. 

joewilly12

• Upvote 2