Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Depends on the creative direction for the marketing. They’re selling an overall vibe. If you want a good look at the jersey, you go to the online shop images. This is a brand campaign image. 

it’s an internal pitch document. one of many iterative mock-ups they threw together. this was not meant for the general public at all.

52 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Right. But they are definitely the uniforms. Unfortunately.

I don’t think these are the final iteration 

if these are pre-final iteration, the “logo” on the helmet may just be placeholder.

I think that is the most likely change we could see tomorrow. 

Also, it isn’t clear how the “knives” (i don’t see how  the Jets see this deconstructed element from their 80’s logo as even remotely on-brand as a stand alone element), how they terminate behind the back. 

Do they taper like in the front? is there a connecting line? is it more similar to the actual 80’s logo?

the stand alone element that we have seen in the 4/4 promo video and collateral is basically a wedge, a knife. 

it doesn’t elucidate or help clarify the branding. No idea why they focused on this knife as if it somehow equates with taking flight, wings, or whatever.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_8020961.jpg?itok=wNijplw-&timesta

usatsi_7387492.jpg?itok=TLhwrtzy&timesta

usatsi_7398320.jpg?itok=hLelPB0Y&timesta

usatsi_7642124.jpg?itok=NvxBeWah&timesta

usatsi_7491101.jpg?itok=_R1neIGo&timesta

usatsi_7482137.jpg?itok=aZ-bLMnu&timesta

usatsi_7679568.jpg?itok=QRjMYUrl&timesta

usatsi_7675184.jpg?itok=E6nSy_eU&timesta

Those are the recent/current attempts at "modern" uniforms.  Ours is on par or superior to all of these.  I like what I'm seeing.

SAR I

no it isn’t. not even close. creative director in branding speaking...

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Eric Allen from nyjets.com went out of his way to randomly mention "Gray" in a post about Sam Darnold. It was shoved in the post. It was weird.

Maybe that was a subtle way of the Jets denying that those were the real jerseys. Either way the gray comment was weird.

it is very weird. implying that like gate yanks grey aways the jets will have a grey element going on 

very strange comment from someone in the know

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I also agree with the earlier post .. decoupling the NY from the logo is a supremely bad move unless there are plans for a move in the future ... The NY affiliation has to bring in a ton of cash in the merchandising department. What is the time for the actual unveiling?

If they went in a different direction removing the JETS word and incorporating an designed jet motof or something it would make more sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

my gut tells me that logo may be a placeholder

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are a $5 Billion dollar business and having a jersey that very clearly says "New York" on it will sell millions more and grow awareness of the brand.  The Jets separated the "NY" from "Jets" on the helmet logo.  But people don't buy helmets and wear them on the streets of London.

Fan Caps:  Full logo that says "New York" and "Jets" together, see Draft Cap leak.

Fan Jerseys:  Now says "New York" right across the chest, like the Yankees, Mets, etc. unmistakable who they represent.

Team Uniform:  Jersey says "New York" helmet says "Jets" same impact as current setup, allows new logo to breathe a bit.

Smart marketing and branding principles.  It's Manhattan.  Fashion and merchandising capital of the country.  I didn't expect anything less.

SAR I

nike isn’t in manhattan

The back of the uniforms could be interesting — seeing how the shoulder knives terminate behind the shoulder.

are they just tapered to a point in the back too? That’s kind of dumb and not like the 80s logo but would be a normal uniform look, like San Diego without the bolts 

or are they more creative on the back shoulder - a real wedge rather than tapered, or connecting with additional elements down the back of the jersey or across the back - connecting the two through the name plate. Another interesting option could be a contrasting name plate if those knives get interesting behind the shoulder 

the flyers do that 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Dude. I can see why people are thinking it’s him. It’s almost identical forehead and hairline

Lol

Well whoever it is
, they should be made an example of. This is a tight ship. Loose lips sink those ships.
Hang him out to dry if this is in fact a legit leak and he got caught due to that reflection.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Unless it’s part of the PR strategy 

11 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I don't understand how that guy even has a job honestly. Between our horrible beat coverage guys like Cimini it should be pretty easy to do anything and look good. I have tried to watch his videos and all i can think of is shooting myself. He is about the worst. Couldn't they just get some kid to intern at the Jets that knows how to use a computer.

Im serious have you watched that guy? he is as exciting as grass. He talks so slow and I don't know, I just think they should get someone who is excited about the team. Maybe like an ex player or college kid.

Also this makes me think it is a planned leak. This guy is not doing anything that Macc doesnt say to do,, not because I think he is above it but just that he would not be in the same room with credible info, he wouldn't think to even snap a picture even if he was.

I think that his forehead in the picture is probably the only unplanned part of this leak.

The uniform unveiling became prime time with the leak. It did exactly what it was supposed to do. Generate buzz. Eyeballs will be tuned in.

No sleep till Brooklyn makes up for everything 

they’re just trying to run the clock out 

Gotham green and stealth black ha

Wow that Chris Johnson music is evil 

How can they not have TelePrompters 

This should have been over 20 minutes ago

I thought they were gonna bring out LL Cool J

• Like 1

stealth blacks are sick

this logo is so epically bad it is actually genius. Its supporting actor, it’s so dumb, like the GIANTS of the 80s - not even as well designed as the 80-90s Jets. But in context of huge headlining change - NEW YORK on the jersey - with minimalist sleeve bolts, it all comes together branded clean.

• Upvote 1

i freaking love these uniforms actually 

especially if they roll progressively to at least half blacks / half green on green for home games and white and green away.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The thing about the logo is that will always be in style.  Always.  People will wear that on their clothes just as easily 25 years from now as they will 3 years from now.

A big contingent didn't want new uniforms because the old ones were so "simple".  These are actually less busy than the previous ones.

they are so clean, it’s elegant. especially with the logographic “JETS”. they could have been more abstract, but it’s so basic it’s interesting… the shoulder bolts are simple and look very sharp in real life. and this is really key: minimal and smart use of black: facemask and number outlines only.

the leak was NOT strategically good for the reception of these uniforms. they looked much better IRL

• Upvote 2

the branding is the whole uniform. unlike say Green Bay or New England where the logo communicates almost 100% of the brand, and the uniform is an amalgam of generic design elements like stripes and fields of color, the Jets identity now is a deconstruction of the classic oval NY logo and 80’s logographic. The streaking wedge-jet on the “J” of the 80’s is separated and placed as unique design elements - not just generic stripes - the shoulder bolts actually are the Brand Identity. Connected with the NEW YORK writ large on the chest, the bolts, the JETS FOOTBALL, and NEW YORK are an integrated branding unit. The traditional JETS FOOTBALL type is left with the oval and the NY, which has moved extremely prominently to the chest. They work in tandem, and  the Jersey becomes part of the traditional helmet logo branding pathway.

People say the helmet logo should have the wedge. that would look dumb and redundant / busy, with the shoulder bolts. the shoulder bolts were a design decision instead of a jet wedge above “JETS”. It’s brilliant actually in that it integrates the entire uniform in a minimalist, succinct brand ID. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

only criticism is that new york is SO prominent on the front of the jersey, a smaller font would have looked less hokey to me.  I get why they did it, i understand the symbolism... just not a huge fan of that aspect of the jersey.   I'm also having a hard time nailing down what color the green actually is.. it looked super dark in the live stream, but now in pictures im seeing its actually much lighter than i thought and pops more off the jerseys than it appeared to. 

The NEW YORK is a HUGE part of the new branding matrix. It’s even more prominent t than the “Jets” on the helmet bc it is so unique. What other teams have something identifying written so big and boldly across the chest

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The helmet paint is the best part of the new uniform.

The helmet logo is the AFL logo we've used for 50 years without the oval and without the block NY script.

The jerseys are as simple and straightforward as can be, an angled stripe being the only bit of flair.

The black color is new and something the players seem to like.

We survived Nike.  That's the best part of the whole thing.  They didn't turn us into the Tampa Bay Seahawks.

SAR I

this kind of thing is impossible to pull off w so many competing agendas and stakeholders. they did that. the uniforms are impossibly aggressive and classic simultaneously. if they win, these unis will be instant classics

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The black is completely dated and has been trashed by every other NY franchise that introduced it. Knicks and Mets fans hated the black trim. It’s amateur hour.

These uniforms are new and look completely dated and old/tacky. The Mets and Knicks both got it right by dropping the black and returning to their roots. 

the black is used if u notice ONLY around the numbers and the facemasks. that’s pretty deliberate and understated. the shoulder and thigh bolts are not outlined, the logographic wordmark is not outlined, the socks have no additional black. 

on the non-black uniforms the black is basically just in homage ton the 90s, but used much less than the 90s unis used black.

the stealth blacks are a different animal. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

much better

the traditional shoulder strips are vertical across the top of the shoulders not horizontal around the delts.  these generic stripes are completely off-brand, arbitrary even. 

the bolts, the wedges, are deliberate, pay homage, are progressive, quick, aggressive, even menacing. better.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Why use it at all then?

Just to tie the "Stealth" uniforms to the others?

it largely pays homage to the 90s. and it opens the door to the Stealth Blacks. it’s an important branding element that redeems the 90s and looks forward. Used deliberately and minimally as an offset color (and esp as the facemark when so many elements have no black outline) adds dimension to what would be boring two tone uniforms. They could have gone gray or chrome but the black is homage and pretty menacing.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Homage to Kotite and Coslet?? Why lol

do you remember when in the 90s and 2000s everyone was super embarrassed by the 80s and then all of a sudden ppl were like the 80s are rad? well, humans are irrational 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

"Aggressive and classic" is a great way to describe them.  

Impossibly "Aggressive and classic" 

haha

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

How are these greens the same.  Someone tell me.

image.thumb.png.0976422c2aac199cc6cd57bd2024861f.png

image.thumb.png.a731dabf46ce2713026886ae34c91c5b.png

I was noticing the same. In the nfl shop the blacks are also duller, almost matte black, or super super dark gray. In the the photoshoot pix the contrast explodes. 

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I’m telling you.  Even for those who like the design, this aspect will end up being a big letdown. 

you mean what they sell fans v what the players wear?

i can’t tell. stealth black implies matte finish as stealth technology relied traditionally on matte finishes. a stealth black would be a matte black, and lighter, faded black on the scale of blacks.

7 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

That's really interesting. The helmet is definitely the most modern and innovative element in what is otherwise a more simplistic look. 

Also I just noticed, the black itself isn't as dark as it could be. (looks lighter than say what the Raiders have.) They've actually added "Jet black" to the color palette. Sneaky, sneaky.

yeah its matte black, like stealth paint is matte ;)

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Just watching Good Morning Football and of course they showed the Jets new unis plus edited out the terrible MC’ing and just showed the guys in stage - Nate Burleson and Schrager love them and I have to now admit that they've REALLY grown on me.

Anybody else  starting to like them more too? 

They're really badass- I'm even liking the helmets now, logos meh but the color is cool and I like all 3 uniforms now

The whole package is sick. Nicely done 

• Upvote 1

Helmets have player numbers on the back. that is new.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company