Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I do.  As I said earlier, I had no problem with the last/Parcells uniform but understand why they wanted to do this.  I think they look good, look modern and clean.  Theyre not over the top and goofy.  I can see not wanting to see the change but I cant see how anyone could hate them as much as some who are carrying on 

Seems like every show today, every panel, all really like them.

Someone reported theyre selling like crazy.  I guess fans like them

So I guess they accomplished their goals.

I agree.  it's crazy that non-Jets fans like them better than JETS fans!!  I'll tell you one thing I have learned over the last 24 hours is that fans on this forum would bitch if their ice cream was cold!  My God!!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Someone said years ago Jet fans could go to a orgy that had the most beautiful women in the world and complain about the wine..So true.

yeah I just don't get it.  it's like I didn't get what I wanted so I'm just going to whine about it.  it will have no effect on how the team plays.  Sam said it best last night:  team needs to win, then no matter what uniforms will look good!

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Seems like the Jets fans I know like them, those that arent worked up either way say the same thing, changes dont bother them.  Haven heard from anyone who is as worked up as some here who seem quite torn up by the change. 

I mean the amount of turmoil over the helmet logo, adding the plane either above or below is most telling.  They both look good.  Hardly that big a change and its being evaluated like the zapruder tape.  LOL

me too.  I have posted on here that my 12 year-old son and I did not agree on ANY of the mock-ups on this site (and elsewhere).  Amazing that we both REALLY like the new uniforms!

and I agree with the helmet thing.  biggest thing for me was to get away from the white helmets.  so as far as the "uniform" goes, I LOVED that we finally got our green helmets back.  listen they tried - they have the word JETS like the 80s helm, and they kept the football from the Namath/Parcells version.  Would I love the uniform even more if they just used the 80s logo?  hells yeah, but you know it sure as hell is not  a deal breaker.

and the NEW YORK on the chest thing I did not really understand at all.  I mean I really thought people were going way too crazy on that....but...I live in NY.  completely was not even thinking about people in NJ.  I mean that I get 100%.  If I lived in Jersey, and this "NY" team played in my backyard and went out of their way to plaster 'new york" all over the place, I would not be happy either.  but you have to understand - the Jets have been playing lil brother to the bastards forever now and I think they are trying to really push back that WE are the NY team.

on a separate note, I think it is so funny that no one has mentioned this:  this was a 5 year plan.  they started this in 2014 when Rex was here.  let's imagine they started in 2012!  could you imagine if we were having these new uniforms, signalling the "NEW JETS", unveiled two years ago?  with THAT TEAM???  I mean did they get lucky or what that it is happening now? "yeah we're really excited with Hackenberg and McCown and Petty and...."

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

To me, they combined the idea of the classic Jet logo with the 80 logo.  The new helmet took the font of the "Jets" out of the oval logo and placed it front and center on its own, like the 80s logo.  I

I dont remember the push back when the Giants took away the Giants from their helmets and replaced it with NY.  That was the bigger slap in the face to NJ if thats your thinking.  As least we just added New York.  Like it or not the Jets and the Giants are considered NY teams, not NJ teams.  

not MY thinking.  I'm just trying to understand the backlash over the new york on the chest.  only thing I could think of.

and imagine being a giants fan with their uniforms?  I mean talk about awful uniforms!  their home jerseys are boring - just blue.  nothing on them at all.  and their away uniforms...my God.  take a look at a giants player w/o their helmet on and tell me how they are "big blue"?  huh?  white jersey with red stripes and grey pants?  terrible.  plus their away jersey is the 49ers!  I hope we get them at night this year (Jets are the home team) - put on our stealth black against that red/white mess.  Eli will be peeing down his pants!  ha!

• Upvote 2

I think the hate here on the green unis is too much and the love for the black ones are too much.  The green jerseys/white pants is the basic jets look and it’s really good.

I love the black but agree with your basic look comment. Just look what they put Darnold and Jamal in....

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There must be 200 people lined up here at Modell’s in Paramus to buy a new Jets jersey and meet Sam Darnold for an autograph.  Nice turnout.
SAR I

I saw your post a couple of days ago on this but figured you would have needed tickets ahead of time so I didn’t go. My Modell’s/ Dicks have no jerseys at all! And don’t see them coming in for “months”. Ordered mine from Fanatics and it shows being delivered by 5/28?!?!? Ridiculous!

• Upvote 1

Yep, all the Jets and Caps hats I but are the grey versions . 

Mine are all black! I was wearing my 1997 Parcells jacket to the gym yesterday (have been wearing it everyday to the gym for years) and someone stopped me saying “where did you get that???” SMH

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

"F*CKING JETS BABY!"  😂😂

Maybe the Jets really did get this guy his tickets. Everytime they cut to the announcers he's plugging the new uniform lol 

20190407_215120.jpg

anyone else watch Mania and notice my namesake (Randy Orton) was wearing Jets colors (black and green) last night?  and I have never seen him wear the green before.  the man's a Jets fan!!  LOL

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There was plenty of black Jets apparel available prior to them adding it to their color scheme.

A nice compromise would have been to keep just the green and white for the home/away jerseys and added an alternate that included black, similar to what the Celtics did.  The Celtics are never going to mess with their traditional green and white uniform.

I can attest to this as almost everything Jets I own is in black.  As I keep saying on here, I know I'm in the minority, but I was thrilled with the black!  and I really don't get all the logo hate?  my b-day was earlier this week, and my wife is asking me if I wanted some Jets hats, shirts, shorts, whatever?  to me, there is no reason.  I already have a ton of stuff in black, and the logo is BARELY noticeable!  I know you guys on these forums are looking at it with a microscope, but to most people, who are not die-hard Jets fans, there is no difference.  My wife thought itwas the exact same logo - had to point out the differences to her.

point is:  not worth getting a new black baseball cap because "New York" is written out instead of "NY".  Now the jerseys?  that's a different thing!  LOL

26 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Last week at this time:  Eagerly awaiting the uni reveal hoping and praying that the leaked picture was a fake and are uniforms were not going to be generally awful with that horrible looking helmet logo.

This week at this time:  Eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new Jets gear!

#sucker

Love this!  I was one of those people hoping the leak was real (or at least close to real) and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Jets gear.  I'm sure you're kidding around, but I hope most Jets fans will come along to this sooner rather than later!  whether we like the way they look or not, those are our boys out there!

20 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I agree on both accounts regarding the merchandise...I have two black hats with the 80's logo, one written in green, the other in black as well. I also have a grey hat with the current logo. 

In terms of people not liking the new logo, it's mostly the fact that the Jets had a rare opportunity to completely re-design the logo in a modern way but instead relied upon a poorly designed logo that was made in the 1960's. I think if the Jets/Nike never put out all the promotion in terms of what a drastic change this would be, very few people would feel so strongly about it. At least I know that I wouldn't. 

I think the problem is that they are trying to appeal to ALL Jets fans:  the lil kiddies, like my son, who love the black, love the brighter green, the middle aged fans, like myself, by giving us back our green helmets and that 80s/90s Jets look, and the older Jets fans - people that were around to see our lone SB win - by keeping said logo in a nod to that team.

I hope it gets better when they get on the field.  right now, we are all looking at closeups and "don't like the logo" or don't like the "new york" across the chest, etc.  we will not even notice that when we are watching these guys running around on the field.  Personally, I think they are gonna look real sweet out there on the field every week!

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I agree with you.  The new logo has grown on me also. I love the helmet on the new uniforms.

Me too; favorite part of the new uniforms.  I really just wanted black in the jerseys/pants, but that was because I had read on these very forums (incorrectly, I might add) that the Jets "would never go back to green helmets" because former QBs such as Kenny O'Brien and Boomer (since proven false on his own radio show) had "so much trouble" finding receivers on the green field with green helmets.  I just wasn't expecting it, so was thrilled when we went back to the green!!

I still just do not understand the logo.  I'm not even buying new Jets merchandise (except the jerseys) because the logo looks too similar to the old one to warrant a purchase.  Now if people HATED the old logo and wanted a completely redesigned one, I totally get it.

Received my Darnold white limited jersey yesterday. It looks reeeaaally nice! The jersey material is much softer than my other limited jerseys and the fit is smaller too but not bad at all. Usually jerseys look and feel bigger than the size you buy this feels like it’s an extra large and not an EXTRA large. Can’t wait for the custom black to become available!

Me too and I was very happy to see that the green was actually what was shown during the unveiling vs the much darker green (like last years uniform) that was actually shown in the picture when ordering.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Dude post some pics! Like zoomed and so we can see the detail. I hate looking at the promo pics.

I have one as well.  At work now, but if he doesn't post anything, I'll see if I can tonight.  it is a strange feel, as he says:  I have purchased many jerseys through the years, but this does not "feel" like a jersey.  not a mesh feel, but almost like a cotton?  very soft, very comfortable, but just....different.  not sure how I feel about it yet.  but the detail is VERY nice!  the stiching, the vibrant green coloring (which was my concern), even the NFL logo kind of "pops" out!  

• Upvote 2

I have one as well.  At work now, but if he doesn't post anything, I'll see if I can tonight.  it is a strange feel, as he says:  I have purchased many jerseys through the years, but this does not "feel" like a jersey.  not a mesh feel, but almost like a cotton?  very soft, very comfortable, but just....different.  not sure how I feel about it yet.  but the detail is VERY nice!  the stiching, the vibrant green coloring (which was my concern), even the NFL logo kind of "pops" out!  

Here are some pics.IMG_0360.JPGIMG_0362.JPGIMG_0364.JPG
  • Upvote 4

Ok nice thanks for posting. I'm really trying to resist buying the 150 and wait for the elite.

I’m going to wait to get the green in the elite.
  • Upvote 1

I got mine too, not crazy about the limited, but don't feel like spending $300 for the elite.
Maybe I'll get a green elite and the black in the player game style.

$300? Is the elite out yet?

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

ff_3305209-d6f9b4a3c2261fd0c654alt1_full

Anyone know when the Nike Elite jerseys are going to drop for the Jets?  I'm thinking of a black Adams or a green Darnold and I'm tired of waiting.

SAR I

I keep looking myself.  does anyone know if Nike actually makes "elite" jerseys?  I keep going to their site and I see $150 limited jerseys for players like Barkley and Mayfield.  you would think since they came out last year they would certainly have elite jerseys for them by now, no?

After the draft last year I was watching for the Darnold Elite jerseys to come out.  They didn't drop until sometime in June and I think it was only the custom Elites, which carries an additional charge from the standard price for customization.
I know this because I looked up the $361.10 charge on my Amex from June 23rd last year. :eek:

Where did you purchase it?

jelite.jpg&key=6d0f3c7222fa4847b925e811eaa6c313442dd1906e56f171f6043693c46a2541

The new Elite Jets jersey has dropped.  Stealth Black only for now which suits me just fine as I wanted and ordered a #33.  Supposed to ship on or about June 7.

SAR I

Great! Anyone know how these fit? Big, small? True to size? All my clothes are XL but according to their size chart, I’d be a Large. I can’t remember the last time I wore a large in anything! Thanks.

• Upvote 1

To be certain I'd go to a local Modell's or Dick's and try on a Nike jersey of any quality, the sizing will be very close to what the Elite's will be.  Other option is to order the XL and L and return the one that doesn't fit as well.
SAR I

Thank you.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

throwbacks.jpg

No need.  The green helmet looks good with our throwbacks.

SAR I

I agree.  we've had the last 20+ years with the white helmets.  enough.  glad to be back to the green!!

On 5/28/2019 at 7:19 PM, SAR I said:

elitss.jpg

All 3 Elite jersey's have now dropped, the Spotlight White and Gotham Green joining Stealth Black as available for shipping mid-June.

SAR I

My elite stealth black Darnold jersey just delivered.  Now THAT is a jersey!!  it's a LOT of $$$, but hoping Darnold makes it worth it for me!!

• Upvote 1

Does that material breathe, looks like no mesh? Itchy and hot? Like my authentic Devils sweater material?

Def NOT like authentic hockey sweater. I have authentic rangers jersey and not same.

I’ll tell you this: it is currently 78 degrees outside by me, and I’m very comfortable wearing it right now! Breathes nicely, NOT itchy at all.

It’s weird because I got the limited jersey when it came out (in white) and mentioned elsewhere in this thread that it just “felt weird”. It’s almost like a cotton. Now that jersey I would not wear on a hot night like this.

Things I have noticed between the two other than mentioned here: limited has name, number (front, back and arms) all stitched. The elite has EVERYTHING stitched: all from limited, plus “New York”, stripe/swoosh on back/arms, and Nike swooshes on sleeves. Arms are like elastic-form fit. Very comfortable and looks nicer. Limited just kind of “hangs”. IMO with the new design on the arms (the single stripe/swoosh thing they got going on) it just looks better on the elite with the different sleeves.

As SAR stated, the fits are very similar.

I was SLIGHTLY disappointed with the limited. Like I said it just didn’t feel like a jersey. Just feels like you’re wearing a soft, warm shirt. Now of course football is in Fall/Winter, so unless you’re a lunatic like me, and wear it when it’s 80 degrees outside, it doesn’t matter! But the elite just FEELS like a jersey. My last authentic was the Sanchez one that I bought back in 2011. I think that was Reebok? That had a lot of mesh; this has none.

I knew I wanted to wait to get the black in elite, so got the white limited. I was a little concerned about the green on the white jerseys. When I saw that horrible reveal the Jets did, I thought the green looked awesome on the white jerseys, but when I looked online, the green looked more like a hunter green, like what our uniforms had been last year. So I was very happy when the green on my limited matched the reveal. If I had it to do over again, I would have waited to get elite white as well. Someone else here mentioned returning his limited jerseys. Not sure how I can do that since I got it online and have been wearing it! Haha

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

The limited numbers are single stiched and the elites are are double stitched.
I did my returns online, they emailed me a shipping label to send the jerseys back.
They give you 365 days from the day it shipped to return, I never wore them and kept the tags.

Ahhh I see now with the stitching. Wow- never would have noticed. Smart move keeping the tags. Unfortunately, I’m not that smart! LOL

So what's the choice of shorts with the black jerseys Jorts (jean shorts) khaki, gray should look spiffy with white tube socks and dad sneakers that some wear or loafers. 
Many will be styling! 

Jean shorts? Wow that’s all I needed to read. Just...wow

Itchy. It’s a stiff polyester with spandex.  Have to wear a T-shirt or sports compression-type layer to be comfortable. 
SAR I

Good point SAR. I always wear a shirt under any jersey, so never thought it was itchy. But yeah I could see it itching if you don’t.
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Got my other 2 elites. The white is a different texture toward the top where it goes from mesh to solid.

It almost looks like leather, not smooth like the black and green.

interesting.  can you upload pics?  white and green?  thanks!

Hard to pick it up from the photos, but you can kind of see it.
20190612_201009.thumb.jpg.b5ec065c615dc8078f85a75ede5d8f40.jpg
20190612_200511.thumb.jpg.a885f21224578e65792c6dfdf1f1d111.jpg

Yeah it is tough to tell. Thanks though.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company