Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What do you mean, it doesn't say jets. It just has this jet picture flyin..  oh what hahaj I see it now. That is clever. Don't worry our new on has a picture of a coffee bean ... We like coffee

Big Mac APPROVES!

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Why it could be a fake

1. Doesn’t match the new era hat colors at all

2. Odd selection of players- no bell or Mosley 

3. No clear shot of helmet- you’d think at least one player would be holding the helmet 

4. Numbers don’t look that big 

why it’s probably real

1. Looks like a perfect photoshop job 

2. Uniforms look great 

3. If it’s a shop- what photo was shopped?

Not getting the odd selection of players bit. The 4 in the middle, (Williams, Jamal, Sam and Q) are likely to be our 4 captains next year. Then they added 2 young offensive talents in Robby and Herndon to close it out. These pictures were probably taken before Bell and Mosely even became Jets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

What? No one is going to the event- it’s a stream that everyone will watch regardless of this leak

Wrong, news media, select season ticket holders, PR etc. will be there. A couple of people on JN are attending. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

Go look at the Jags official photo a couple of pages back. There is literally one helmet in the whole thing and it is sideways as well. This isn't the only piece of marketing material Nike is producing for the uniforms, it seems more like a billboard or backdrop then anything else. The true reveal will be tomorrow with actual players in the uniform. 

Just now, TeddEY said:

Even still, you'd have to admit, the photoshop work here is above novice, but not professional.

Supposedly these shoots are done by the team and not Nike....so would that surprise you? It was probably done by a kid who graduated Montclair State last May. 

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If that's true, you've settled it. They're not the new uniforms.

Thankfully.

Not really. The numbers are likely on top of the sleeves...as in you can't see them from a straight on angle like this photo. It seems they were up there from the jersey tease video as well so if anything this is more proof they are real. If you look at the picture you can just barely make out a "1" on Robby right above the Nike swoosh. 

• Confused 1

I think the bottom line on how these jerseys will be received is what happens around the rest of the league. If we are one of the first few teams to usher in the new era of the NFL with these jerseys and most, if not all, other teams follow suit with updates, they will be fine. If other teams hang on to their current jerseys for the next 10-15 years, we will look like oddballs. 

Go take a look at the jerseys around the league from the early 90's....they aren't much to look at. Perhaps in 20 years or so from now we will look back to the jerseys of today and feel the same way. 

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm just catching up here.  177 pages in this thread....whoa boy!  Is the assumption now that this picture is legit and these are the uniforms?

Yup.....also, you may want to cancel that trip you had planned on the Hindenburg 😮

Just now, jetstream23 said:

603011661_ScreenShot2019-04-03at3_02_20PM.thumb.png.2469c55d918b4d0de339e4ba63125bd6.png

Soooo....where do we fall on the chart now?

I know the Jets have had Kelly Green and Hunter Green.  Would have been fun to go with Hooker.

I'll just go ahead and say it before anyone else does....it looks like the green they used with the black jerseys is Harlequin...which is fitting because the new logo is a joke!

• Haha 1

Did anyone post that Jamal Adams is denying these are the uniforms on Twitter? I don’t have it in me to scour the 14 pages or so since I last checked in.

Also enunwa is kit wearing Nike or something like that. This is looking like a hoax guys.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Already been dissected but long story short Jamal first came out and said these weren’t real, then came out and said maybe they are maybe they aren’t, then came out saying we’ll find out tomorrow if he was just messing with us. Reeks of him trying to protect the reveal off the cuff then realizing he will face backlash by straight out lying that these were fake.

In terms of Quincy, he confirmed that he was allowed to wear his under armor gear for the photo shoot and said it took place months ago (hence the no Bell or Mosley) but wouldn’t outright confirm or deny the authenticity of these. Also, in the Jags uniform shoots two players were wearing under armor gloves and cleats so that isn’t a good reason why these are not real.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Another thought on why this photo may be a fake...
Would the Jets risk including Robby Anderson in promotional material?  Did he sign his RFA tender yet?  What if a team signs him to an offer sheet this afternoon?

The problem with the “this is an amateur photoshop” take is that even if that were the case, whoever made this would still need to have pictures of these players in these stances to mock this up. I would think someone would have found the originals by now if they were on the internet. Of course this still doesn’t rule out the “earlier mock up” theory.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol these fcking guys. Bye bye E.A.

I was wondering when people would start going through whoever has a receding hairline at Florham Park. Do you think they lined everyone up to compare the cul de sac's? Didn't think of EA but how funny would it be if it turned out to be Gase? 

• Like 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't keep up with any of this thread anymore.  What exactly is going on here?  What is the red arrow supposed to be pointing to? What does EA have to do with?

Whoever took this illegal snap has their forehead plastered on it from the reflection on the screen. It's faint but you can look for the hairline in the reflection. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Its a weird thing to be proud of, but here I am.

Speech! Speech! Speech! 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

And....at Noon on Tuesday....we were only at page 150.  So that's 50 pages in 52 hours.

And this post is post #7,000 in the thread

• Confused 1

If anyone cares, Ryan Shazier is calling the leaked uniforms garbage....some of the comments from Jets fans back are a little.....harsh

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't do twitter,twatter,instagram,tinder,grinder,ashley madison or any other mumbo jumbo crapola will the unveiling be aired here?  

Where can I watch it? 

If you took 2 seconds from posting random Jets logos and bad fan mock-ups you might've caught the answer the last 10 times people asked. 

The Jets website, the Jets YouTube channel, the Jets twitter or the Jets Facebook page...take your pick. I think you should stick to the Jets website though, don't want you to get too stressed out about all the other sites. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Drums said:

Oh sh*t, thank you daylight savings! We haven't changed it here in Mexico yet so I'm two hours behind. Awesome! I get to watch 15 minutes before I have to leave. 

Did you know it's national burrito day here in the US? Is that a thing in Mexico too or is that just every day? 

Just now, Drums said:

Every day man, BUT WAAAAY BETTER. Plus a million other delicious things.

Alrighty then, me and @The Crusher will be right down. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

so Leveon Bell has too much of a life to attend an event for the team that just gave him $50 million?

The simple reason is that they shot all of these promo pictures months ago before Bell was a Jet and wanted the same players who are on all of the marketing materials to be the ones modeling the uniforms. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yes. The green helmet apparently makes the players invisible so blocking and running should be outstanding. 

Every block will be blindside. 

That's now a 15 yard penalty so I hope not! 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So this uniform change was only a minor tweaking, which is aggravating to you and the solution to this would have been to incorporate the 80's Jets "J" into the uniform? 

What? LOL

My main issues with the football are:

1) It is not specific to the Jets so why is it such a focal point in the primary logo? Literally any other team in the NFL could put the same football in their logo and it wouldn't change the meaning of the team name. I understand it was also on the old logo but it was probably the 3rd thing you saw after the "NY" and "Jets". It was also designed in the '60's so it got a pass. 

2) Just from a design perspective, everything about the new uniforms was marketed as sleek, modern, fast, take flight, etc. The uniforms are filled with sharp angles....so why is there a fat round ball on our helmets? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

balls.jpg&key=3e9657cc1c4e36467aca77f6deeb0e7ed993465fc52c00074c99c8dee7ea6c70
BASEBALLS?
BASKETBALLS?
BATS?
STICKS?
PUCKS?
WTF are these local teams doing?  Awful!  Outrage!  Screams!  Tears!  Renderings!  Petitions!  Boycotts!
SAR I

As seen in your second set of pictures, not a single one of these teams use these logos as the primary logo on their uniform. These are all secondary logos, which is exactly what the new Jets one should have been.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

LOL, the Microsoft Paint Brigade is in full effect tonight.
Listen fellas, learn to like the helmet.  The team has spoken, the players have spoken, harsh critics have spoken, everyone likes them.  You will too..  Trust me, when we're 6-2 at the turn in late October, you'll be loving them.
SAR I

"Everyone doesn't like them" but even taking your comment on face value, "everyone" likes the uniforms not the logo. A poll on this site before the reveal had an 80/20 split on the logo with the vast majority not liking it. Sorry it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company