Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah they emphasized "bold" in the One Jets drive video....and Allen in training camp said everything would be new. I am pretty much OK with anything BUT black as the main focus. We are Green and White...other colors could be brought in but black as a primary just seems wrong for the Jers

I'm fine with whatever they do as of today.  Depends on what they look like when released.  If theyre great looking and are a differenc color I could care less.  Im not one of those "if theyre not green I'm taking my ball and going home, holding my breath fans"  

If theyre good looking

• Post of the Week 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, bitonti said:

the Jets are the only mascot in the NFL that isn't a person, animal or mythical creature

why they chose a football to highlight this fact is beyond me

also there was a brief moment in the aughts where they animated the football and gave it eyes. It talked to us in the stadium and I'm probably scarred for life 

You're welcome.

jetsfootball.gif

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

This might finally do what 35+ years of losing couldn't, and finally sever my love for the Jets.

I don't live in NY, I haven't for 30+ years now.  I have no ties to that city.  I have every reason, logically (lol), to abandon this franchise for one closer to home, that I could go see games easily, watch on local TV, get local sports media reporting on, etc.

I don't because of history, and my original, juvenille, love of the green and white New York Jets.

Frankly, they truly fubar this uniform and logo thing, and produce some black+grey+neon chartreuse monstrosity.......I might just say f' it, and be a Reds....oh, right. :(

Damned if I do, damned if I don't I guess. 

I don't recall anyone adding this tidbit, but if you had to pick one color that represents New York City, it would be black. It's always been black. It's urban, edgy, etc. It's the most associated color with the city and no other color (absence of color) is close. Now I realize we aren't in NYC, but you can hardly blame New Yorkers for wanting black. I would be shocked if there wasn't any green though. A lighter green would pop off the black, that's for sure.

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I don't recall anyone adding this tidbit, but if you had to pick one color that represents New York City, it would be black. It's always been black. It's urban, edgy, etc. It's the most associated color with the city and no other color (absence of color) is close. Now I realize we aren't in NYC, but you can hardly blame New Yorkers for wanting black. I would be shocked if there wasn't any green though. A lighter green would pop off the black, that's for sure.

WRONG.  NYC = Grey

It's GREY. This city is GREY from top to bottom and only ACCENTUATED by black which is the grime built up over the years. 

Grey = NYC: Weather, concrete buildings/sidewalks, common uniform color, typical business suit color, subway cars, street vendor food carts, municipal employee service level, mountains of iced over snow on street corners are grey and soot, parking meters, even are fire hydrants are grey and black, not red like in the cartoons I grew up watching. Batman wore Grey as well!

batman-adam-west-life-magazine-crop0.jpg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The official colors of New York City, as represented by its flag,  are orange, white and blue.

https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-nyc.html

Think Mets, Knicks and Islanders uniforms. No, I don't want to see those colors for the Jets, and I certainly don't want to see black. I hope they remain green, and I would prefer a lighter shade and green helmets.

20 minutes ago, teptep said:

The official colors of New York City, as represented by its flag,  are orange, white and blue.

https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-nyc.html

Think Mets, Knicks and Islanders uniforms. No, I don't want to see those colors for the Jets, and I certainly don't want to see black. I hope they remain green, and I would prefer a lighter shade and green helmets.

That's because of the Dutch in our history: we are the New Amsterdam colony for the West Indian Trading Co.

NYC is a Grey, Black, and Navy Blue city. 

Look at what typical NYers wear, and you'll see we reflect the colors of the North East's weather patterns of being overcast and jaded by the years of living amongst 8.6M people coupled in 302.6 square miles of city land.  

46 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I would think something more of a slate/steel color would be more representative of the city landscape... not that I would prefer that color, I just see it more associated w/the city landscape than black.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So lets get this right.  You post one of your classic picture that like the vast majority of the one you put up have nothing to do with the topic?  

And then when its pointed out that after TWO posts of a J&J product and a reference to going to J&J colors youre pissy and whine that the comment was just to start an argument?  Instead of starting an argument like whenever someone points out a mistake that youve made.  You really are a piece of work.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

His nurse just calls him her "special guy". Even lets him watch her douche.

Image result for nerd thumbs up pics

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's because of the Dutch in our history: we are the New Amsterdam colony for the West Indian Trading Co.

NYC is a Grey, Black, and Navy Blue city. 

Look at what typical NYers wear, and you'll see we reflect the colors of the North East's weather patterns of being overcast and jaded by the years of living amongst 8.6M people coupled in 302.6 square miles of city land.  

I don't get that at all. It's the big apple, and the official colors are blue and orange. Where is black blue and grey come from? Seems odd to me

NYC doesn’t have a set of colors. The Blue and Orange is Dutch and a historical artifact. The fact that there are teams that have the colors is also an artifact, but also a fact. The Dutch brought their Orange to other places as well, including Philadelphia — William Penn was half Dutch and visited Amsterdam 3 times to get Dutch to come to Philly. The Quakers were Dutch and the Philadelphia Quakers Hockey team held those Dutch color of Orange. The Flyers borrowed this history and have the same colors - Orange, White and Black. The Dutch were from the top of the Hudson down the Delaware. The English Yankees in the 18th century replaced them. The English colors were not Orange and Blue. The NY Giants (Baseball), The New Mets (borrowing Giant Orange and Dodger Blue), Islanders, Knicks all have the Dutch colors, but the other older Baseball Teams, Hockey Teams, and Football teams that we know today — none had this color conbination. There were many many other clubs besides the well known ones going back to the 1800s with other color identities. 

The original Brooklyn Dodgers (1883-4 (Brooklyn grays/Atlantics)): Dodger Blue, White and (red). Original Uniforms were White with Red Pinstripes...

The Yankees (1901/1903): Navy Blue and White pinstripes, and Gray. The pinstripes didn’t happen until like 1912.

Original NY Metropolitans (1880): Teal, Black and White.

NY Football Giants (1925): (named after the Baseball Giants) Blue, Red; Gray, white.

NY Rangers(1926): Blue, White and Red.

modern NYC def doesn’t have a set of defining colors, and it shouldn’t 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

NYC doesn’t have a set of colors. The Blue and Orange is Dutch and a historical artifact. The fact that there are teams that have the colors is also an artifact, but also a fact. The Dutch brought their Orange to other places as well, including Philadelphia — William Penn was half Dutch and visited Amsterdam 3 times to get Dutch to come to Philly. The Quakers were Dutch and the Philadelphia Quakers Hockey team held those Dutch color of Orange. The Flyers borrowed this history and have the same colors - Orange, White and Black. The Dutch were from the top of the Hudson down the Delaware. The English Yankees in the 18th century replaced them. The English colors were not Orange and Blue. The NY Giants (Baseball), The New Mets (borrowing Giant Orange and Dodger Blue), Islanders, Knicks all have the Dutch colors, but the other older Baseball Teams, Hockey Teams, and Football teams that we know today — none had this color conbination. There were many many other clubs besides the well known ones going back to the 1800s with other color identities. 

The original Brooklyn Dodgers (1883-4 (Brooklyn grays/Atlantics)): Dodger Blue, White and (red). Original Uniforms were White with Red Pinstripes...

The Yankees (1901/1903): Navy Blue and White pinstripes, and Gray. The pinstripes didn’t happen until like 1912.

Original NY Metropolitans (1880): Teal, Black and White.

NY Football Giants (1925): (named after the Baseball Giants) Blue, Red; Gray, white.

NY Rangers(1926): Blue, White and Red.

modern NYC def doesn’t have a set of defining colors, and it shouldn’t 

This is interesting, Thank you for this write up.

As a point of fact, there appears to be a connection between the colors of the NYC flag and several NYC sports teams. Regardless of how anyone feels about this "historical artifact,"  it is a stronger connection than stating that the color black is synonymous with NYC.

I agree that NYC brands shouldn't feel bound to a specific set of colors, and they aren't.  Just hoping they skip both the black and garish Tampa Bay-style designs.

15 minutes ago, teptep said:

This is interesting, Thank you for this write up.

As a point of fact, there appears to be a connection between the colors of the NYC flag and several NYC sports teams. Regardless of how anyone feels about this "historical artifact,"  it is a stronger connection than stating that the color black is synonymous with NYC.

I agree that NYC brands shouldn't feel bound to a specific set of colors, and they aren't.  Just hoping they skip both the black and garish Tampa Bay-style designs.

There is definitely no connection to black. I think jay z with the nets connected it to the black and white subway signs. Arbitrary. 

The blue and orange is real, you are right. I call it a fact in addition to calling it an artifact. It’s both. It’s the city’s Dutch heritage (was originally new Amsterdam) and that color heritage lent itself to the state flag. Interesting that the newer teams (knicks, isles, and new Mets) went down that government inspired color route, during the latter part of the 20th century, since in reality, NY sports colors (and therefore city identity - NY license plates were white with blue lettering and red logos until they were recently changed to blue and yellow) were more likely associated with the dodgers, rangers, Yankees, and giants. All of those teams actually have a blue and red combo and some w gray. 

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

WRONG.  NYC = Grey

It's GREY. This city is GREY from top to bottom and only ACCENTUATED by black which is the grime built up over the years. 

Grey = NYC: Weather, concrete buildings/sidewalks, common uniform color, typical business suit color, subway cars, street vendor food carts, municipal employee service level, mountains of iced over snow on street corners are grey and soot, parking meters, even are fire hydrants are grey and black, not red like in the cartoons I grew up watching. Batman wore Grey as well!

batman-adam-west-life-magazine-crop0.jpg

The Polo Grounds, grey walls, grey colors everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Polo Grounds, grey walls, grey colors everywhere.

It’s interesting that a number of early NY teams were named the Gothams, including the football Giants and the Jets before named were bought by the original consortium in 1963 calling itself Gotham city football club. The Gotham’s were also a late 1800s baseball team.

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Gray. The city is Gray.

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

It’s interesting that a number of early NY teams were named the Gothams, including the football Giants and the Jets before named were bought by the original consortium in 1963 calling itself Gotham city football club. The Gotham’s were also a late 1800s baseball team.

Makes perfect sense though, the nickname for NYC has always been Gotham

• Upvote 1

Maybe we are becoming the Gotham Bats, and will take sponsorship money from DC to tie our uniforms and team into the DC Universe as the official football team of the DC Universe. We will also half share the new stadium branding with the Giants when Metlife sponsoship expires and we will play at Gotham City Park.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe we are becoming the Gotham Bats, and will take sponsorship money from DC to tie our uniforms and team into the DC Universe as the official football team of the DC Universe. We will also half share the new stadium branding with the Giants when Metlife sponsoship expires and we will play at Gotham City Park.

More like the Gotham Scarecrows, because being a fan is like a nightmare that never ends.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

This might finally do what 35+ years of losing couldn't, and finally sever my love for the Jets.

I don't live in NY, I haven't for 30+ years now.  I have no ties to that city.  I have every reason, logically (lol), to abandon this franchise for one closer to home, that I could go see games easily, watch on local TV, get local sports media reporting on, etc.

I don't because of history, and my original, juvenille, love of the green and white New York Jets.

Frankly, they truly fubar this uniform and logo thing, and produce some black+grey+neon chartreuse monstrosity.......I might just say f' it, and be a Reds....oh, right. :(

Damned if I do, damned if I don't I guess. 

I grew up in Chicago (80's Bears' heyday) and still chose the Jets as my team for three reasons:

1. They wore green.

2. They had an Irish quarterback.

3. They were 10-1 at the time.

-They got slammed 45-3 my first game as a "declared" fan.  Should've been a sign to back out of that commitment.

It was only my second season watching the NFL and I had no idea the Jets weren't a perennial superpower.

Anyway...  If they dropped the green, pre-Darnold, they would've lost me as a fan, but now they have me hooked.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I grew up in Chicago (80's Bears' heyday) and still chose the Jets as my team for three reasons:

1. They wore green.

-They got slammed 45-3 my first game as a "declared" fan.  Should've been a sign to back out of that commitment.

It was only my second season watching the NFL and I had no idea the Jets weren't a perennial superpower.

Anyway...  If they dropped the green, pre-Darnold, they would've lost me as a fan, but now they have me hooked.

Your first game was the 45-3 massacre?  in the interest of Jet fans worldwide is there any chance you can become a Bears fan?:-D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Vader said:

This makes those Gotham City sideline sweatshirts seem less dumb. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Hmmm...  they already teamed up with Marvel. Might be a conflict of interest. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-announce-new-multi-level-partnership-with-marvel-entertainment

• Sympathy 1

From Reddit....

Full Tweet:

@loyalnyjetfans

So from a reliable source inside the Jets organization, the JetsUnis are expected to a shade of green closer to the Kelly Green. Helmets are green. There will be black alternate jerseys. Logo should have the football and Jets wordmark. Design might be changed.

For those wondering, this account has 1800+ twitter followers and 25,000 followers on instagram and is perceived as legitimate. Although its a rumor, apparently this is the same source within the org that successfully leaked the Jets schedule
@loyalnyjetfans

This same source got the Jets schedule to me months before it was released. I’m gonna take my shot on this one. Will be talking to him more in detail in the upcoming days!

Apparently they will try to gather more info
@loyalnyjetfans

Okay night folks! Will hopefully have more information for you guys about the JetsUnis!

Regarding whether the logo will be exactly the same:
@loyalnyjetfans

It’s unclear with the information I have right now. Might have a clearer picture later on with more information

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

1. They wore green.

So basically, it was all going great until you got involved!!

?

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

From Reddit....

Full Tweet:

@loyalnyjetfans

So from a reliable source inside the Jets organization, the JetsUnis are expected to a shade of green closer to the Kelly Green. Helmets are green. There will be black alternate jerseys. Logo should have the football and Jets wordmark. Design might be changed.

For those wondering, this account has 1800+ twitter followers and 25,000 followers on instagram and is perceived as legitimate. Although its a rumor, apparently this is the same source within the org that successfully leaked the Jets schedule
@loyalnyjetfans

This same source got the Jets schedule to me months before it was released. I’m gonna take my shot on this one. Will be talking to him more in detail in the upcoming days!

Apparently they will try to gather more info
@loyalnyjetfans

Okay night folks! Will hopefully have more information for you guys about the JetsUnis!

Regarding whether the logo will be exactly the same:
@loyalnyjetfans

It’s unclear with the information I have right now. Might have a clearer picture later on with more information

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I would be very happy with this as long as we don’t use one of those weird modern fonts like the Bucs 

• Sympathy 1