Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

Finally.. I'm glad they're finally going to do it - I like the current look now but I do miss the 80's/90's look and they could do that with some chrome or color rush look or maybe accent it but they can go retro future look.

.. It's going to be interesting to see what direction they go.  Totally new logo and look or go with tradition (my vote..).  That's why I've always liked the NFL because it's more of a traditional league...and you're right the new Buc's uniform/logo is awful so.. I hope they go full "nike" mode and *edit* DO NOT ruin it..

 

37912410_10156037959823402_4875197513465856000_n.jpg

 

**and as a bummy side note I was hoping to go see my first NFL/Jets game this fall.. but ehh.. I think I'll hold until next season when this all happens... 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Dcq3BHyV4AA8-s8.jpg

please oh pleaseeee

Have to say that I love the white stripe down the middle of the helmet.  And while I thought our uni's have never looked better than they did last year, I'm still okay with a change to try to put a new look to this franchise (hopefully with a lot of winning that we can associate with it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

I think the Patriots did a pretty good job with their uniform update.  I like their old uni's too though.  The Broncos' "new" uni's are terrible.  I also hated when Atlanta went from the red/black helmet to black/black.   Tampa needed to get away from the creamsicles to anything else.  The Giants have improved their uni's over their 1980's look.  The Bills look better now as well (though they should go with the helmet below)

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Questionable marketing on the jets part, but hey it saved me some money this season. Literally within a few days of buying brand new jerseys for the girlfriend and I. Phewwwwwwww

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The design that Jamal Adams came up with looks f*cking great.

I wouldn’t be opposed to that being our every game uni, home or away. Similar to what the Cowboys do with their silver and white unis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

 

 

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01-01.jpeg

 

I like the more green/kelly green but yeah I'd be happy with this :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

The Bucs old uniforms were ******* awful. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't around for the 1978-1997 jets logo, so i cant speak on associating that with losing but I could live with that helmet concept, except I would want the colors inverted (White helmet, Green Jets font). Honestly, just don't go away from the white helmets and I wont have too big of a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

The Bucs old uniforms were ******* awful. 

And that new sh*t with the alarm clock numbers is infinitely worse.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And that new sh*t with the alarm clock numbers is infinitely worse.

They suck but I’d take them over the great pumpkin Charlie Brown ones. The best we’re the super bowl years. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**or.. you could invert it...white helmet like others have said..but I do like this..

 

*ducks* leaves before Sar gets upset.

 

uZgDgfgNOuKahCC-800x450-noPad.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is a common mistake. But no worries, I'm here to help:

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

If you look at the top of the J, you'll see there is a line that extends out to a design that goes all the way past the S. That's a jet, not a piece of garbage. The Jets is the name of the team, so it makes sense to have the logo be a jet. I know it might look like one, as I often have elongated triangular shaped flatware in my garbage, but I can assure you that it's supposed to be a jet, not garbage.

A "Jet" was a cutting edge piece of technology in 1964.  Here in 2018 the name is as exciting as Cars, Trains, and Buses.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

**or.. you could invert it...white helmet like others have said..but I do like this..

 

*ducks* leaves before Sar gets upset.

 

uZgDgfgNOuKahCC-800x450-noPad.jpg

...and at the very moment that Darnold is the hope of a savior we go back to the logo of loserville.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So everyone's clear, I believe they had to announce a new uniform a year in advance, they couldn't just drop them without notice. If I recall right, the Jags and Titans did the same last year. Calling it a distraction from the Darnold contract situation... well, maybe it turns out that way but I think that's just convenience from coincidence.

As for the new design... as long as its monochrome green and white (no black or silver those are eagles colors) and relatively simple I'm game for it. Hopefully its something closer to the Vikings new look than the Buccaneers one.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tempGSC32597--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_1492129

hogan-browns.jpg?itok=Yc-rainH

Beyond the awful 80s Richard Todd logo, the fear is that the current fashion trend in NFL uniforms is to put the name of the team on the jersey and/or pants.  I can see the conversation between the Jets and Nike now....

"Hey Mr. Johnson, you're really fortunate in that the team name, Jets, is only 4 letters long.  So it can go on the pants and the jerseys.  Hey!  Remember that dumb chant that the drunks love so much?  How about a nice big J!-E!-T!-S! right across the front!  Genius!"

I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

SAR I

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

A "Jet" was a cutting edge piece of technology in 1964.  Here in 2018 the name is as exciting as Cars, Trains, and Buses.

SAR I

Back then I think it was a reference to your typical commercial plane, apt synergy when they were not far from LaGuardia.

Nowadays I think we tend to see more military style jets associated with the name. The Jets have used that in some of their video graphics and stuff for instance.

Come to think of it I bet most people today with picture those vehicles with the term "Jet" than a typical 747 or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Back then I think it was a reference to your typical commercial plane, apt synergy when they were not far from LaGuardia.

Nowadays I think we tend to see more military style jets associated with the name. The Jets have used that in some of their video graphics and stuff for instance.

Come to think of it I bet most people today with picture those vehicles with the term "Jet" than a typical 747 or something.

That's a reach, I don't think of a fighter jet when I think of the team name, I think of nothing, actually.

And as far as aircraft goes, the air is filled with jet aircraft between 1pm and 6pm on gameday's, we usually see 5-10 planes a game fly overhead.  Not as loud as LaGuardia, but still very present.

SAR I

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

tempGSC32597--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_1492129

hogan-browns.jpg?itok=Yc-rainH

Beyond the awful 80s Richard Todd logo, the fear is that the current fashion trend in NFL uniforms is to put the name of the team on the jersey and/or pants.  I can see the conversation between the Jets and Nike now....

"Hey Mr. Johnson, you're really fortunate in that the team name, Jets, is only 4 letters long.  So it can go on the pants and the jerseys.  Hey!  Remember that dumb chant that the drunks love so much?  How about a nice big J!-E!-T!-S! right across the front!  Genius!"

I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

SAR I

Totally agree..  I hope this sort of style does NOT happen.  This is where Nike really sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A "Jet" was a cutting edge piece of technology in 1964.  Here in 2018 the name is as exciting as Cars, Trains, and Buses.

SAR I

Look at Scrooge McDuck trying to talk about buses.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something I prefer they not add to any new uniform; an outline or drop shadow behind numbers and letters. Goes into my desire not to see ANY black or silver on the uniform, you just know somebody would try to add a black outline to the numbers like the early 90's version.

If they try their best not to add any accenting colors I think it would be pretty difficult for them to muck about with the design like they have with other teams.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

 

 

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg

Selfishly quoting myself...but...I also "green'd up" the Home Uniform concept that Chillygrafx (the same guy who made the "away" concept seen above") made and I gotta say....it came out really nice:

Screenshot_20180330-193510-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg

 

If this was something remotely close to what the real thing looks like, I'd be a very happy camper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe I'm the only one but I really like the current helmet.  I think the oval logo is still relatively modern while at the same time harkening back to the team's greatest era in the late 60's.  I'd be fine with other changes, a reversion to kelly green from hunter green, etc. but I'd like to see some nod or acknowledgement to the team's history.

Also, are the Steelers too cheap to put their logo on BOTH sides of their helmet? :D 

Apparently in the 1960's, the owner wanted to test out how the logo appeared on the new gold helmets, so they trialed it out on only one part of the helmet. Turns out the fans liked it and it's popularity lead for it to stay that way.

 

My mother's side of the family is a bunch of die hard Steeler fans lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the Patriots did a pretty good job with their uniform update.  I like their old uni's too though.  The Broncos' "new" uni's are terrible.  I also hated when Atlanta went from the red/black helmet to black/black.   Tampa needed to get away from the creamsicles to anything else.  The Giants have improved their uni's over their 1980's look.  The Bills look better now as well (though they should go with the helmet below)

 

image.png

Strange you like this helmet. I've always thought the helmet with the charging buffalo suggests strength and power, positive football characteristics, while the buffalo on this helmet seems to be just grazing in the field. Come to think of it, that may be more representative of the way the Bills actually play. But you'd think they would at least want something that inspires strength and power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe the same design/logo on the helmet in a brighter green while modernizing the jersey and pants?

New_York_Jets_Helmet_Speed_Replica_Blaze_17_1200x1200.jpg

On that sig pic of yours, did you actually pay for a jersey with "offsets" on the back? Or is that a photoshop job? If the latter, that's pretty good work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...