Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i'm an oregon fan, so bold isn't an issue - that design from instagram isn't bold, it's hideous.  

Oregon is why we have this uniform mess to begin with when they started the 60 different uniform combinations and ruined uniforms forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Oregon is why we have this uniform mess to begin with when they started the 60 different uniform combinations and ruined uniforms forever.

i'd say it's more nike's fault then the university.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i'd say it's more nike's fault then the university.

Nike and Oregon go hand in hand.  It worked out great for both Nike and Oregon, I don't blame them one bit.  I just personally hate all the different uni combinations.  Sometimes you can watch games and not have a clue who is playing unless you look at the scorebox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many complain about the current NY Jets uniform and logo. That Jets logo is a reminder of a some very unsuccessful teams and seasons it wouldn't be bad as an alternate but not an every Sunday uniform. No thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Icer said:

All Jets logos are reminders of futility...

should read... All current Jets logos are reminders of futility

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Many complain about the current NY Jets uniform and logo. That Jets logo is a reminder of a some very unsuccessful teams and seasons it wouldn't be bad as an alternate but not an every Sunday uniform. No thanks. 

Which is why they are going with something totally new.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The helmet im fine with. The cheap looking jersey and pant stipe needs work. A more similar shoulder stripe to what we have now would look sick in a lighter green.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

The helmet im fine with. The cheap looking jersey and pant stipe needs work. A more similar shoulder stripe to what we have now would look sick in a lighter green.

We love the Jets uniform for history but that concept Jersey I think is probably nicer. It is very clean. If we wind up with something like that I would be very happy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see the all-whites kept as road uniforms.

Do something radical with the home jersey, but leave the whites alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Which is why they are going with something totally new.  

Yes going back to the logo that associated us with losing and the Kotite era is a great idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes going back to the logo that associated us with losing and the Kotite era is a great idea. 

What are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Many complain about the current NY Jets uniform and logo. That Jets logo is a reminder of a some very unsuccessful teams and seasons it wouldn't be bad as an alternate but not an every Sunday uniform. No thanks. 

 

10 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Which is why they are going with something totally new.  

 

23 hours ago, MattyAction said:

Saw on Twitter. Would not be mad at allIMG_20190105_203821.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody's got one.  Here's mine (opinion, not a$$hole)

New coach, new uniforms, franchise QB in his 2nd year. The decline of Brady and the Pats. Lots to look forward to in 2019 and beyond. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes going back to the logo that associated us with losing and the Kotite era is a great idea. 

Ummm, were you alive during the ENTIRE DECADE OF THE 1970S?

 

Worst 10 years of Jets Football bar none.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 9:08 PM, jetsons said:

^^^ that is NOT considered a "dramatic" change... I personally don't see green & white as being the base colors anymore.

Agreed, get ready for something like this with a whole new logo.

https://goo.gl/images/Jnszme

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ummm, were you alive during the ENTIRE DECADE OF THE 1970S?

 

Worst 10 years of Jets Football bar none.

1969 Super Bowl Champions  

2009-2010 AFC Championship 

Image result for 1969 ny jets logo

Image result for ny jets logo

Good times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, heymangold said:

literally would change my favorite team if these were the new uniforms.

You do realize it’s an old Jets logo, right? Did you stop following in the 80’s? 🙄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Agreed, get ready for something like this with a whole new logo.

https://goo.gl/images/Jnszme

I like those... but if they are going to go with grey helmets I'd prefer they look more like these where they're high gloss & the facemask is the same color as the helmet... something about it just looks  good...

1167038-oregon-ducks-football-wallpaper-2018-2620x1744-for-computer.jpg

image.png.e65248c3fd72c97e56fedac6815666aa.png

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I like those... but if they are going to go with grey helmets I'd prefer they look more like these where the facemask is the same color as the helmet... something about it just looks  good...

1167038-oregon-ducks-football-wallpaper-2018-2620x1744-for-computer.jpg

image.png.e65248c3fd72c97e56fedac6815666aa.png

These are sweet but also love the metallic green ones w metallic green face mask 

I’m NOT expecting something this well designed and thought out. I’m expecting some lame clip art logo of a jet and a green helmet w traditional finish although by how they’ve hyped it, we should expect something with edge 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a family member who's worked for a few different sporting goods companies the last 20+ years. He started at Spalding, went to Under Armour, and is now working for another company that is officially licensed to make NFL on field apparel. Over the holidays he gave me some pre release 2019 PGA Championship stuff his company makes. I was surprised he was able to get it since he has a top job in the baseball divislon, not golf. I asked him about the Jets new uniforms. Just so you know, the company isn't Nike, but the one he works for makes product that is seen on the side lines every Sunday. He told me the new Jets products are basically top secret, and even he can't find out what they're doing. He did promise to make sure I got a "care package" on the release date. The point of the story is, none of these supposed teases, or clues you guys think might be real aren't anything but speculation. There have not, and will not be any hints given about what's to come. Not from the team, the league, or the licensed companies.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I have a family member who's worked for a few different sporting goods companies the last 20+ years. He started at Spalding, went to Under Armour, and is now working for another company that is officially licensed to make NFL on field apparel. Over the holidays he gave me some pre release 2019 PGA Championship stuff his company makes. I was surprised he was able to get it since he has a top job in the baseball divislon, not golf. I asked him about the Jets new uniforms. Just so you know, the company isn't Nike, but the one he works for makes product that is seen on the side lines every Sunday. He told me the new Jets products are basically top secret, and even he can't find out what they're doing. He did promise to make sure I got a "care package" on the release date. The point of the story is, none of these supposed teases, or clues you guys think might be real aren't anything but speculation. There have not, and will not be any hints given about what's to come. Not from the team, the league, or the licensed companies.  

everything is definitely under embargo until Jets / NFL say “go”. there would be major penalties as per agreement to any party releasing details before embargo lifts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody out there has thrown a rumor out there that is probably true but no real way for us to know.  With all the people involved in the process, somebody will say something to somebody and then there goes the telephone game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SheaRay said:

Not too bad. Logo is weak.

DwPypCzWwAAF5N7.jpg

nice clip art jumbo jet, or is that a whale shark 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vader said:

nice clip art jumbo jet, or is that a whale shark 

Looks more like a Tuna.....wait! Parcells is coming back!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 8:49 PM, 14 in Green said:

I have a family member who's worked for a few different sporting goods companies the last 20+ years. He started at Spalding, went to Under Armour, and is now working for another company that is officially licensed to make NFL on field apparel. Over the holidays he gave me some pre release 2019 PGA Championship stuff his company makes. I was surprised he was able to get it since he has a top job in the baseball divislon, not golf. I asked him about the Jets new uniforms. Just so you know, the company isn't Nike, but the one he works for makes product that is seen on the side lines every Sunday. He told me the new Jets products are basically top secret, and even he can't find out what they're doing. He did promise to make sure I got a "care package" on the release date. The point of the story is, none of these supposed teases, or clues you guys think might be real aren't anything but speculation. There have not, and will not be any hints given about what's to come. Not from the team, the league, or the licensed companies.  

Kill Joy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting to hear about a new Jets HC but in the meantime i have from a very good source the Jets are going in a totally different direction. Here have a look:

 

NEP4760265.jpg

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man these uniforms are going to have really be a slam dunk.

the combo of Gase and New Bad Uniforms is going to drive this franchise into the trash with the fans.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 10:51 PM, Vader said:

Nike + Green + Black + Third Color + Bold and Modern = Look to Oregon Ducks for inspiration and possibilities.

I don’t think the team goes this edgy, but I would love if they did, and no doubt Nike presented Oregon’s uniforms as prototypes.

 

 

 

 

 

image.png

image.png

 

 

 

 

Obviously I dont want the yellow, but these are so crisp. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, SheaRay said:

Not too bad. Logo is weak.

DwPypCzWwAAF5N7.jpg

Love the concept but yes you nailed it with the logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Obviously I dont want the yellow, but these are so crisp. 

right? they are sick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...