Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Nike re-made UNT's look when Seth Littrell took over 3 years ago. It's like Oregon, but with simpler.

636458432639606119-Fine-Mason-101417-vs.

GettyImages-1029583464-1024x700.jpg

usa_today_10480950.0.jpg

9569789.jpeg

I can get on board with the top photo, "Mean Green".  From whatever slight clues they have dropped, the bottom color green seems more likely.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:06 PM, Greensleeves said:

Black would be the MOST interesting color to add - it would pop a kelly green more than any other color. I'll say it again, New York is defined by the color BLACK! Black is urban, tough and cool all in one. It's about time the Jets used it. 

Yo your helmet avatar is da bomb ? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

ED9-C2-ABB-0-D08-46-C5-AD55-E4-B99195-C0

Interestingly they are white and they left the center stripes on and took the “Jets” wordmark off.  

That’s a good sign. It means even though we are getting new logos and uniforms we are keeping white helmets and can change out the side decals and convert our 68’s to throwbacks like the Chargers do with their powder blue’s a few times a season.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They Interestingly they are white and they left the center stripes and the “Jets” wordmark alone.  

That’s a good sign. It means we can change out the side decals and convert our 68’s to throwbacks like the Chargers do with their powder blue’s once a season.  

SAR I

I don't think that's what's going on...  what I get from that photo & the statement "Off they go for a makeover" is they're collecting them to change them over completely.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

ED9-C2-ABB-0-D08-46-C5-AD55-E4-B99195-C05-A.jpg&key=d3cb09206902300e87e133be1dfd7772f30b1ff38effe901a0950fef661680a6
Interestingly they are white and they left the center stripes on and took the “Jets” wordmark off.  
That’s a good sign. It means even though we are getting new logos and uniforms we are keeping white helmets and can change out the side decals and convert our 68’s to throwbacks like the Chargers do with their powder blue’s a few times a season.  
SAR I

Yeah that has to be another hint that we are staying with white. Leaving the stripes on is interesting since many assume the shade of green will change.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Pretty sure those stripes are painted on, so they can't remove them like logo decals. So yeah..

Guys....they're not gonna give you any sort of hints before hand. We're not gonna have any clue what they'll look like. 

Not true. The Jamal Adams teaser clearly reveals the new shade of green.

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The NEON light shining from the box? I don't really think that's a hint but hey maybe.

I think the only thing they've given us is the black practice jerseys. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Pretty sure those stripes are painted on, so they can't remove them like logo decals. So yeah..

Guys....they're not gonna give you any sort of hints before hand. We're not gonna have any clue what they'll look like. 

This.  The logos are removable and taken off whenever they need to touch-up the helmet.  The stripe is painted on.

The video simply means the helmets are going to be painted over.

43 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I don't think that's what's going on...  what I get from that photo & the statement "Off they go for a makeover" is they're collecting them to change them over completely.

I just did an hours worth of research on Riddell's reconditioning process and if the Jets were getting new colored helmets we wouldn't be returning the old ones at all, they'd just be shipping us brand new helmets.

The retention of the stripe decal cinches it.  It's the easiest sticker to remove, no need to leave it in place.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SMC said:

This.  The logos are removable and taken off whenever they need to touch-up the helmet.  The stripe is painted on.

The video simply means the helmets are going to be painted over.

The stripe is not painted on, it's a decal.  Look at when we wear our Color Rush uniforms and look at the Riddell video I just posted.  And why would the Jets, a $3 Billion dollar corporation, have a $1,200 helmet repainted?  To save $60,000?  Even the Johnson's aren't that cheap.

The painting process on a Riddell Speedflex helmet involves 1 coat of primer, 2 coats of color, and 1 clear coat.  The Jets helmet isn't painted either, it's injection molded as white.  It would make no sense to strip all the safety features out of the helmets to the bare bone shell just to go through this effort to change them to a color that's injection molded to begin with and/or save a few thousand dollars.

Returning the helmets.  Leaving the center stripe decals.  It means we're getting new facemasks, hardware like screws and such, added to the existing helmets.  That's somewhat indisputable now.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No, it only shows a bright great glow of light.  Doesn't reveal anything else.  Numbskull Eric Allen filmed that teaser with an iPhone using whatever lighting equipment they had lying around.  You're reading too much into that teaser.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The stripe is not painted on, it's a decal.  Look at when we wear our Color Rush uniforms and look at the Riddell video I just posted.  And why would the Jets, a $3 Billion dollar corporation, have a $1,200 helmet repainted?  To save $60,000?  Even the Johnson's aren't that cheap.

The painting process on a Riddell Speedflex helmet involves 1 coat of primer, 2 coats of color, and 1 clear coat.  The Jets helmet isn't painted either, it's injection molded as white.  It would make no sense to strip all the safety features out of the helmets to the bare bone shell just to go through this effort to change them to a color that's injection molded to begin with and/or save a few thousand dollars.

Returning the helmets.  Leaving the center stripe decals.  It means we're getting new facemasks, hardware like screws and such, added to the existing helmets.  That's somewhat indisputable now.

SAR I

Wrong.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Maybe they’re sending all them helmets to goodwill.

They were bagged and tagged with "Riddell" shipping tags.  And if they are being sent off to goodwill they would have removed the center green stripe decals as well, makes no sense why they would remove the flag, Riddell logo, Jets wordmark, NFL shield, etc, but leave the center stripes on.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

Quite honestly I'd be shocked if they didn't replace all of the helmets every year after the season and those helmets were being sent out to be refurbished and then donated. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

They were bagged and tagged with "Riddell" shipping tags.  And if they are being sent off to goodwill they would have removed the center green stripe decals as well, makes no sense why they would remove the flag, Riddell logo, Jets wordmark, NFL shield, etc, but leave the center stripes on.

SAR I

Wouldn't they refresh the center stripe to at least make it look new? Maybe the center stripe is a different type of adhesive that they will let riddel remove. Based on what we have heard from the jets as well as rumors its pretty clear that there will be a new shade of green.

Here's the strongest clue as to our new colors.

For bonus points comes off so much better and cooler than at his intro presser.  What a difference.  Favorite listen is Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Foo Fighters?  YES!  No more Aretha or whoever...

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Here's the strongest clue as to our new colors.

For bonus points comes off so much better and cooler than at his intro presser.  What a difference.  Favorite listen is Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Foo Fighters?  YES!  No more Aretha or whoever...

huh? Where?

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I'll be shocked that if after the Jets dramatically overhaul their uniforms they wind up with white helmets with two forest green stripes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I'll be shocked that if after the Jets dramatically overhaul their uniforms they wind up with white helmets with two forest green stripes. 

Agree.  That wouldn't quite fit the "bold new look, new Jets" theme they talked up in that promo piece they put out

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Quite honestly I'd be shocked if they didn't replace all of the helmets every year after the season and those helmets were being sent out to be refurbished and then donated. 

Perhaps, but why leave the green stripes on them?  And why Tweet the term "makeover".

SAR I