Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The decals of the team emblem can be sold. Either put on a cheap helmet or in some sort of team oriented tchotchkee. Fans will pay a premium for a supposed game worn helmet decal. The stripes are freaking worthless. It is just a green stripe. Why bother taking it off. They can not be re-purposed. Let the guy at the refurbishing place remove them.

NFL teams do not have their players wear the same helmet shells from year to year. There is a new model of helmet, including the shell, every season. IT is how the helmet companies make money. 

The tweet is to keep interest in the new uniforms at their peak.  Clever, despite the fact that it is misleading.

If they don’t wear the same one then why do all of them have individual tags with the players name on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If they don’t wear the same one then why do all of them have individual tags with the players name on it?

I'd bet that with the upgrades that are being implemented that the helmets are redone regardless of a uniform change.  At worst they're probably checked and interiors replaced.  Really not sure that we're getting clues by the fact that they're taken somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If they don’t wear the same one then why do all of them have individual tags with the players name on it?

So when they are using them, they know whose helmet is whose.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The decals of the team emblem can be sold. Either put on a cheap helmet or in some sort of team oriented tchotchkee. Fans will pay a premium for a supposed game worn helmet decal. The stripes are freaking worthless. It is just a green stripe. Why bother taking it off. They can not be re-purposed. Let the guy at the refurbishing place remove them.

NFL teams do not have their players wear the same helmet shells from year to year. There is a new model of helmet, including the shell, every season. IT is how the helmet companies make money. 

The tweet is to keep interest in the new uniforms at their peak.  Clever, despite the fact that it is misleading.

Yup. Any type of helmet, Fire, K-Pot, climbing, and even football helmet are "compromised" when impacted or stressed. They are taken out of service and replaced...

 

Guys aren't carrying around the same okd helmet they wore the previous year. This isnt 1988 High School Football.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The stripe is not painted on, it's a decal. 

From the look of the second picture in this series, it looks like the stripe is painted on.

You can see the subtle smudge/fade in the crevasse where the paint wasn't fully applied. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green helmets are a, stupid bad idea. Green field, green backdrop, green helmets downfield. There's a reason its one of the first things Parcells asked to change

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the original plan was to go with Todd Bowles costumes.  They are brainstorming a new design as we speak

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green helmets are a, stupid bad idea. Green field, green backdrop, green helmets downfield. There's a reason its one of the first things Parcells asked to change

Oh yeah the white helmets have been a big help in preventing interceptions.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh yeah the white helmets have been a big help in preventing interceptions.

Beat me to it.

And lets not forget playoffs and wins in green helmets.  

Parcells changed to white helmets because that was what they looked like in the original Jet uniforms, not to help the QBs out.  Some other coach mentioned this as a theory he had after the switch, not Parcells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

From the look of the second picture in this series, it looks like the stripe is painted on.

You can see the subtle smudge/fade in the crevasse where the paint wasn't fully applied. 

 

100% painted in that 2nd picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green helmets are a, stupid bad idea. Green field, green backdrop, green helmets downfield. There's a reason its one of the first things Parcells asked to change

Maybe if the defense is green head to toe the QB wont be able to see them... 🤔

We might be onto something here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Maybe if the defense is green head to toe the QB wont be able to see them... 🤔

We might be onto something here...

Image result for gang green ny jets  pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything about when the new ones will be unveiled? 

Can't wait for the members of this site to have something else to be segregated over and rip each other apart for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichaelScott said:

Has anyone heard anything about when the new ones will be unveiled? 

Can't wait for the members of this site to have something else to be segregated over and rip each other apart for. 

When the smoke clears after all that we will all still be NY Jets fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for rich kotite pics

Yeah...the current unis have heralded nothing but pure magic.

tenor.gif.5b31a3d47a622a1c160c54c5b992b1bd.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stark said:

If its really a green helmet then I do prefer the bottom one.

 

Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Glen Foley and Testeverde all had difficulty picking up Jets Wrs complaining the green helmet and uniforms blended into the turf.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Has anyone heard anything about when the new ones will be unveiled? 

Can't wait for the members of this site to have something else to be segregated over and rip each other apart for. 

The Titans unveiled their new uniforms on April 3 at a downtown runway ceremony.  They had leaked on the social media the day before.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green helmets are a, stupid bad idea. Green field, green backdrop, green helmets downfield. There's a reason its one of the first things Parcells asked to change

This.

There have been 52 Super Bowls.

A team in a green helmet has one exactly 1 of them.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like this, not one bit 

The helmet is so important to the identity of a team 

It doesn't need updating or improvement 

I've got a bad feeling about this 

  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah...the current unis have heralded nothing but pure magic.

tenor.gif.5b31a3d47a622a1c160c54c5b992b1bd.gif

Image result for 2009 afc championship game pics

Image result for 2010 afc championship game  pics

The uniform doesn't make the man or the team you should know that. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Larz said:

I don't like this, not one bit 

The helmet is so important to the identity of a team 

It doesn't need updating or improvement 

I've got a bad feeling about this 

The helmet is going to be white with the familiar twin stripes in the same shade of green. Which makes sense since the 68's instantly become the most popular throwback jerseys in the NFL. 

Remember, this change is about revenue generation. The 68's are too good to discontinue, thanks to the NY Titans blue helmets we can't go retro with that color, we need an alternate once or twice a year, so the white helmets become the obvious choice. 

SAR I 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Titans unveiled their new uniforms on April 3 at a downtown runway ceremony.  They had leaked on the social media the day before.

SAR I

So you're thinking Jets might have that timeline?

Aren't the season ticket holders supposed to be getting the inside info, SAR? Call your ticket rep and get us some info. 

BTW - you and I havent chatted but I've been on JI and JN for over a decade... Its good to see you back! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Larz said:

I don't like this, not one bit 

The helmet is so important to the identity of a team 

It doesn't need updating or improvement 

I've got a bad feeling about this 

Be careful buddy you will be openly criticized for voicing your opinion over and over even though many of us agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The helmet is going to be white with the familiar twin stripes in the same shade of green. Which makes sense since the 68's instantly become the most popular throwback jerseys in the NFL. 

Remember, this change is about revenue generation. The 68's are too good to discontinue, thanks to the NY Titans blue helmets we can't go retro with that color, we need an alternate once or twice a year, so the white helmets become the obvious choice. 

SAR I 

Do you have inside information on this? You seem to be pretty sure. I hope you are correct for the record. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for 2009 afc championship game pics

Image result for 2010 afc championship game  pics

The uniform doesn't make the man or the team you should know that. 

One of these pictures is a great moment from ancient history. The other is a few guys nobody remembers from a season that is meaningess to anyone but a devout Jets homer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kevin Swayne said:

Do you have inside information on this? You seem to be pretty sure. I hope you are correct for the record. 

No one has inside information that can legally be divulged.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kevin Swayne said:

Do you have inside information on this? You seem to be pretty sure. I hope you are correct for the record. 

No, he doesn’t.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Glen Foley and Testeverde all had difficulty picking up Jets Wrs complaining the green helmet and uniforms blended into the turf.

This is true. One of the reasons they originally went to the green helmets was to differentiate them from every other team in the division which, at that time, also had white helmets. So Richard Todd, instead of not being able to tell his teammates from his opponent now couldn't tell his teammates from the field. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for rich kotite pics

Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs all say hello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Titans unveiled their new uniforms on April 3 at a downtown runway ceremony.  They had leaked on the social media the day before.

SAR I

The Jets begin organized activities as early as April 1.  (2 weeks earlier than other teams.)  The unveil might be earlier.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, this is going to piss some people off.  We've really got to make the playoffs next year 39,000 Views on what color uniforms we are going to wear next year.  Things have got to get better than this.  WOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...