Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

58 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

One of these pictures is a great moment from ancient history. The other is a few guys nobody remembers from a season that is meaningess to anyone but a devout Jets homer.

WRONG every bit of success we've had is what NY Jets fans young and old bask in and remember for the most part. 

We strive for more success and wish for days of winning and being a successful NFL dynasty team. 

Back to back AFC Championship games 2009-2010 a big part of this organization. 

NO ONE is a Jets homer thats the most RIDICULOUS thing ive heard come out of you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Glen Foley and Testeverde all had difficulty picking up Jets Wrs complaining the green helmet and uniforms blended into the turf.

Testaverde didn't play with the green helmet, right?  His joined the team in 1998 which was the first season reverting back to white helmets after twenty years of the green helmets.

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

That’s the one I’ve wanted ever since Adams posted it.

Looks great

Well, at least that one does. The home version looks like a practice jersey. 

Me too. That was a good looking fan uniform.

The only potential change would be the symbol on the helmet, going from the Jets word mark to the Jet plan symbol, which would run diagonal like the spear on the Florida State helmet (one of the best helmets in football at any level IMO)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The decals of the team emblem can be sold. Either put on a cheap helmet or in some sort of team oriented tchotchkee. Fans will pay a premium for a supposed game worn helmet decal. The stripes are freaking worthless. It is just a green stripe. Why bother taking it off. They can not be re-purposed. Let the guy at the refurbishing place remove them.

NFL teams do not have their players wear the same helmet shells from year to year. There is a new model of helmet, including the shell, every season. IT is how the helmet companies make money. 

The tweet is to keep interest in the new uniforms at their peak.  Clever, despite the fact that it is misleading.

Good points. I also think that with all of the rumors floating around about color schemes, logos, etc. one of theories or leaks was correct. This video goes completely against anything being reported, to keep us off the scent....hopefully.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Good points. I also think that with all of the rumors floating around about color schemes, logos, etc. one of theories or leaks was correct. This video goes completely against anything being reported, to keep us off the scent....hopefully.

If the Jets were getting new, colored helmets they wouldn't be sending the old ones back to Riddell, they'd be donating them to a local charity or selling them as game-used souvenirs.

The only logical explanation is that they are a) keeping existing headgear, b) having routine annual maintenance, done at the factory, c) having them updated with newly colored hardware, and d) sticking with white helmets with whatever the new uniform design looks like.  This is an important and welcomed bonus for Jets fans who will enjoy seeing the 1968 classics worn a few times a season every year as an alternate, something that many other teams with a proud heritage have the luxury of doing.

SAR I 

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Those that think we are keeping the helmets white will unfortunately be very sad in a couple of months.  

Another uninformed opinion.  What's next?  Going to post the 10 year old internet renderings from Google Images for the 500th time?

SAR I

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nothing to do with the mention of the green helmets that someone mentioned us being successful in..

Other than we beat those teams in the playoffs.  Wearing those green helmets.  Unlike someone who thought that Kotite and his two seasons represents that uniform. 

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Another uninformed opinion.  What's next?  Going to post the 10 year old internet renderings from Google Images for the 500th time?

SAR I

Theyre all uniformed opinions.  Its the appeal of the thread to me.  Total guesswork that has people calling out others over their opinion as if their opinion is informed somehow

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than we beat those teams in the playoffs.  Wearing those green helmets.  Unlike someone who thought that Kotite and his two seasons represents that uniform. 

2009-2010 has been the most success this team has had since 1969 and they wore the white helmets. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Actually, he does. 

I am on the Fan Advisory Board and during the meeting we had in Florham Park back in July I was allowed one question in front of Chris Johnson and the enture executive team and asked about the possibility of new uniforms. Though it wasn’t made official at the time in answering my question they hinted to the group it was coming soon. 

I then interjected that the reason for my question was to tell them they had to stick with the white helmets and avoid the 80’s logo like the plague because Jets fans couldn’t bear to see a quarterback wearing #14 in an all-green uniform again, mentioned AJ Duhe with the crowd agreeing, and I saw Neil Glat glance at Chris Johnson with an “I told you so” nod and finger point which led me to believe we are sticking with white helmets. 

SAR I

thank you for doing that.  I don't like the 90's helmet logo from the CoslettCarrollKotite years.  Jets Fan Advisory annual event is by far the best Jets event of the year and I was lucky enough to get an invite in 2016. They invite a different group of ticket holders each year I believe.   I do believe they take the fans suggestions to heart.  At least that was the impression I got from Woody, Neil Glatt and their people regarding stadium, marketing and non roster issues.  I even got a good laugh out of Woody during the group discussion of the Jets Rewards program when I suggested that fans want more from their Jets points than an autographed photo of Clyde Gates.   

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2009-2010 has been the most success this team has had since 1969 and they wore the white helmets. 

And you actually believe the uniform has anything to do with it?

Or that a change wipes those two seasons away?  That they wouldnt have happened without the uniform change by Parcells?  

And doesnt change that there were really good seasons by the team in their second uniform, big playoff wins.

Guess what?  No matter how many times, no matter how many different ways you say leave them, theyre gone, we wont be wearing them.  Bringing up two years of Rex wont help.  

I like the current uniform.  A lot.  They want a change.  I get it.  And know that no matter how many times I say I like their uniform theyre still changing them. 

10 hours ago, slats said:

This is true. One of the reasons they originally went to the green helmets was to differentiate them from every other team in the division which, at that time, also had white helmets. So Richard Todd, instead of not being able to tell his teammates from his opponent now couldn't tell his teammates from the field. 

I'd be in favor of the 68 uniforms. Classic. If the uniforms have green helmets after knowing the difficulty former QBs have expressed would be foolish 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you actually believe the uniform has anything to do with it?

Or that a change wipes those two seasons away?  That they wouldnt have happened without the uniform change by Parcells?  

And doesnt change that there were really good seasons by the team in their second uniform, big playoff wins.

Guess what?  No matter how many times, no matter how many different ways you say leave them, theyre gone, we wont be wearing them.  Bringing up two years of Rex wont help.  

I like the current uniform.  A lot.  They want a change.  I get it.  And know that no matter how many times I say I like their uniform theyre still changing them. 

No but others including you have said we had success in those green uniforms. 

SAR I who is on the advisory board says differently, I believe him way more than I believe you or your opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No but others including you have said we had success in those green uniforms. 

SAR I who is on the advisory board says differently, I believe him way more than I believe you or your opinion. 

We did have success in those uniforms.  I watched more home playoff games in those uniforms too.

Belive SAR all you want and the crazy idea that he and his relatively new STs has more inside info on our advisory board nonsense than a almost 40 year STH.  Who cares, you are funny though.  SAR, LOL

This is not popular...

I dont give a .....

It's remarkable that so many people want to have uni's that are reflective of past years. Our history has been so poor with not a winning record leading to a ring that I dont care at all if we have something totally brand new. Nothing about our previous identity is related to WINNING.

I dont mind the team having a TOTALLY different because the identity of the team has been mostly bad. 

They can change the whole damn thing and everything else they can think of that can be loosely related to the past 50 years of watching a team NOT win a ring. 

So if the team has a..

1. new QB

2. new coach

3. new DC

3. new uniform

4. new offense and defense

5. new attitude

I hope it leads to...

1. new shelf needed for lombardy trophies

2. new stadium IN nyc

3. new way to shyt on Pats fans

4. new comeback for whenever someone mentions that freaking buttfumble to me

For all the b**tching and moaning about the colors, stripes, etc the only thing that matters is winning. They can change the color to black on black with pink poka dots if they win a ring and I will proudly wear my jersey, jacket, hat and anything else that says 2020 NY Jets World Champions. I truly hope they completely erase this sick need to hold on to the past, it has no relevance to winning or our future. 

I want a ring, make that shyt green with white stripes if you need it so bad. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets were getting new, colored helmets they wouldn't be sending the old ones back to Riddell, they'd be donating them to a local charity or selling them as game-used souvenirs.

The only logical explanation is that they are a) keeping existing headgear, b) having routine annual maintenance, done at the factory, c) having them updated with newly colored hardware, and d) sticking with white helmets with whatever the new uniform design looks like.  This is an important and welcomed bonus for Jets fans who will enjoy seeing the 1968 classics worn a few times a season every year as an alternate, something that many other teams with a proud heritage have the luxury of doing.

SAR I 

I’m actually all for keeping white helmets. I just want a different shade of green than our current one. If they’re keeping those stripes on the helmet the same, then it’s more of a tweak than a complete rebranding as has been described.

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m actually all for keeping white helmets. I just want a different shade of green than our current one. If they’re keeping those stripes on the helmet the same, then it’s more of a tweak than a complete rebranding as has been described.

I could care less what they do as long as the new uniform looks good.  They're changing, from a uniform I think looks great, that I don't see and feel reminded of a bad loss or season.  A uniform that I don't think needs changing on its own but I do get why it's going away, why they believe we need something new.  

I don't care about the helmet color, white, green or another color.  Again as long as it looks good.  

I won't have visions or memories of a bad loss or season erased by a uniform change, don't think anyone will.  We're not dumb here.  

So just make them sharp and something I'll like and something I want would wear. 

Not really complicated for me. 

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, slats said:

This is true. One of the reasons they originally went to the green helmets was to differentiate them from every other team in the division which, at that time, also had white helmets. So Richard Todd, instead of not being able to tell his teammates from his opponent now couldn't tell his teammates from the field. 

Maybe that is why the helmets will be bright green. The field turf and grass is not bright green. They will stand out if properly accented with black, white, silver, whatever. I still think black helmets with bright green in the logo and stripes is on the table. No-one knows for sure if the helmets will be green.

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Maybe that is why the helmets will be bright green. The field turf and grass is not bright green. They will stand out if properly accented with black, white, silver, whatever. I still think black helmets with bright green in the logo and stripes is on the table. No-one knows for sure if the helmets will be green.

didn't the text say something about the helmets being green and using the football with a revised logo?

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Actually, he does. 

I am on the Fan Advisory Board and during the meeting we had in Florham Park back in July I was allowed one question in front of Chris Johnson and the enture executive team and asked about the possibility of new uniforms. Though it wasn’t made official at the time in answering my question they hinted to the group it was coming soon. 

I then interjected that the reason for my question was to tell them they had to stick with the white helmets and avoid the 80’s logo like the plague because Jets fans couldn’t bear to see a quarterback wearing #14 in an all-green uniform again, mentioned AJ Duhe with the crowd agreeing, and I saw Neil Glat glance at Chris Johnson with an “I told you so” nod and finger point which led me to believe we are sticking with white helmets. 

SAR I

I'm sure they heard you but it doesn't mean they would actually change their opinions of a design they like because of what you said. They may make it a talking point, but if it interferes with an amazing design I hope they ignore it. I've done this for many years and the worst thing that can happen is if they compromise a great design because of too many cooks. How about you take this out, change this color and don't forget about that thing from the 80s - and oh yeah, try to combine both of these concepts if you can. Then all you get is a watered down design that appeals to no-one. The designers, especially if they work for the NFL, which I think they do, will have done lots of research on the history of the team before the designs were submitted. The Jets will be able to notice mistakes or historical things they may have overlooked. If the #14 is so bad in Jets history, have Sam change his number!

13 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Has anyone heard anything about when the new ones will be unveiled? 

Can't wait for the members of this site to have something else to be segregated over and rip each other apart for. 

When they first made the announcement, they said April, 2019.  I do not think a specific date in April has been announced.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'm sure they heard you but it doesn't mean they would actually change their opinions of a design they like because of what you said. They may make it a talking point, but if it interferes with an amazing design I hope they ignore it. I've done this for many years and the worst thing that can happen is if they compromise a great design because of too many cooks. How about you take this out, change this color and don't forget about that thing from the 80s - and oh yeah, try to combine both of these concepts if you can. Then all you get is a watered down design that appeals to no-one. The designers, especially if they work for the NFL, which I think they do, will have done lots of research on the history of the team before the designs were submitted. The Jets will be able to notice mistakes or historical things they may have overlooked. If the #14 is so bad in Jets history, have Sam change his number!

the 80s helmet was great and i hope they go back to this as much as possible.  they can't be haunted by richard todd, he shouldn't dictate the new uniforms.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I 

Or that video could have been staged.  A pure a marketing ploy to get an already obsessive fan base even more obsessed.

Has anyone gone to check the dumpsters at One Jets Drive?

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

When they first made the announcement, they said April, 2019.  I do not think a specific date in April has been announced.

Teams with new head coaches can (and will) start their offseason programs on April Fool's Day, 2019. Players will have to wear helmets and shells, at least, for some of those activities. I'd expect the uniforms to be revealed before stills from those practices hit the web. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

We did have success in those uniforms.  I watched more home playoff games in those uniforms too.

Belive SAR all you want and the crazy idea that he and his relatively new STs has more inside info on our advisory board nonsense than a almost 40 year STH.  Who cares, you are funny though.  SAR, LOL

Theres been more success with the white helmets do you your research. 

SAR I has way more credibly that you will ever have.   @SAR I