Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Just now, slats said:

Teams with new head coaches can (and will) start their offseason programs on April Fool's Day, 2019. Players will have to wear helmets and shells, at least, for some of those activities. I'd expect the uniforms to be revealed before stills from those practices hit the web. 

If the schedule is similar to what teams with new head coaches did last year...they won't actually get on the field until mid-April.

Because they have a new coach, they can start the off season program 2 weeks earlier....but the program still starts with the strength and conditioning phase and not on field activities.

See this article about the Cardinals schedule last year:

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-set-2018-offseason-schedule-20479510

I was a staunch traditionalist and loved going back to the future with the 1998 unis.  

But the advent of the pickle pants bastardized the uniform and the recent green tint change to some bizarre battle fatigue green has me ready for a new look.

As long as they don't change the primary colors (green & white). I prefer a silver or "metallic" third color (actual jets are made of metal) to black (too 1990s), but I'm ready for the change. I would prefer that it's not going to have 73 possible uniform combos but I assume that is what is going to happen.

As for the white helmets, that could be a total misdirection.  I would not assume the helmets are staying white.

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If the schedule is similar to what teams with new head coaches did last year...they won't actually get on the field until mid-April.

Because they have a new coach, they can start the off season program 2 weeks earlier....but the program still starts with the strength and conditioning phase and not on field activities.

We'll see. If the announcement doesn't come before 4/1 (and I still think it will), it will probably come that week with the players in town ready to model them. Once the players hit the facility, there's a better chance the new uniforms get leaked. The Jets will want to stay ahead of that. 

14 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Glen Foley and Testeverde all had difficulty picking up Jets Wrs complaining the green helmet and uniforms blended into the turf.

My preference is not a green helmet. I would like a darker (not white) helmet but I don't prefer green... 

I said if they went with a green helmet I prefer that bottom one. 

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m actually all for keeping white helmets. I just want a different shade of green than our current one. If they’re keeping those stripes on the helmet the same, then it’s more of a tweak than a complete rebranding as has been described.

IMG-1168.gif

"Rebranding" in corporate terms can be just the logo and the geometry of the uniform. It doesn't need to mean a change in the shade of green.  When the Dolphins did this to their logo and uniforms they looked refreshed and modernized but you could still easily identify the team without any hesitation.  Same for the Browns, same for the Vikings, same for the Jaguars, same for the Titans.  

Having been to the Jets corporate offices in Florham Park on more than a few occasions I can tell you that if the Jets change the green to some electric frog color it is going to cost them a bloody fortune to recolor every bit of green trim and furniture in the joint, not to mention the hundreds of movable parts and components in MetLife Stadium, I just don't see it happening. 

You don't throw out 55 years of carefully cultivated brand identity, no other NFL team has.  Think "refresh" not "brand new" and you won't be disappointed.  Jets said "makeover" and labeled each helmet by player.  White it is.  White helmets are happening.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

"Rebranding" in corporate terms can be just the logo and the geometry of the uniform. It doesn't need to mean a change in the shade of green.  When the Dolphins did this to their logo and uniforms they looked refreshed and modernized but you could still easily identify the team without any hesitation.  Same for the Browns, same for the Vikings, same for the Jaguars, same for the Titans.  

Having been to the Jets corporate offices in Florham Park on more than a few occasions I can tell you that if the Jets change the green to some electric frog color it is going to cost them a bloody fortune to recolor every bit of green trim and furniture in the joint, not to mention the hundreds of movable parts and components in MetLife Stadium, I just don't see it happening. 

Think "refresh" not "brand new" and you won't be disappointed.

SAR I

Exactly SAR I so there is hope that the changes will be minor and be improvements and not tearing down of the tradition NY Jets logo. 

We don't need or want futuristic for the moment uniforms. 

Thanks for all your knowledge and information on this matter. 

joewill12 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Or that video could have been staged.  A pure a marketing ploy to get an already obsessive fan base even more obsessed.

Has anyone gone to check the dumpsters at One Jets Drive?

Yes, but it was full of Dunkin' Donuts used coffee cups, a worn out cigar store Native American and a Darron Lee drug-test pee cup.  Didn't see any helmets.

I am by no means an expert on this, but correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Parcells was hired in '97, and was responsible for the change in uniforms right?

2. His first season ('97) was the regular 80s/early 90s unis.  His second year we had the current unis; so basically he made the change and the very next year we had new unis.

3.  From what I have read, in order to make "drastic changes" to a team's uni, said team must notify NFL 5 years in advance, correct?

4.  One Jets Drive episode towards the end of the season: someone mentioned that the Jets "started this process in 2014" - exactly 5 years ago.

I mean to me, if they were just going to keep the white helmets and maybe change the green color somewhat, or maybe add a little gray or black here or there, they would not be working on this for 5 years, no?  (I know, I know; this is the JETS we are talking about, but still) I am expecting an overhaul myself.  Rex was HC in 2014.  Can't believe no one has asked him about this?  If they "started the process" back then, maybe he knows something?  Like what direction were they going?  back to the 80s?  complete overhaul?  mix?  God knows Rex has a big mouth and would gladly tell all!

I just hope they are not God-awful ugly!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Another uninformed opinion.  What's next?  Going to post the 10 year old internet renderings from Google Images for the 500th time?

SAR I

Not that I agree with what the other poster said about the helmets, but why is yours the only "informed" opinion? Because you asked a question at a fan advisory meeting and read body language? You and he most likely each have a 50% chance of being correct. I said earlier in this thread I have a family member who works for a prominent apparel company which is officially licensed by the NFL. Their product is seen on the sidelines every game. If anyone is in a position to know exactly what the Jets are doing it would be him, because of the position he holds. As of late December he didn't. He has seen at least 3 possible iterations in hand though,  because even though people who do know the end result are legally bound not to release info (he won't give me the slightest hint, but has promised me a "care package" on the release date) the NFL, the Jets, and the licensed companies want to make sure no information leaks out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

You don't throw out 55 years of carefully cultivated brand identity, no other NFL team has.  Think "refresh" not "brand new" and you won't be disappointed.  Jets said "makeover" and labeled each helmet by player.  White it is.  White helmets are happening.

SAR I

Extremely valid points.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

I'm sure they heard you but it doesn't mean they would actually change their opinions of a design they like because of what you said. They may make it a talking point, but if it interferes with an amazing design I hope they ignore it. I've done this for many years and the worst thing that can happen is if they compromise a great design because of too many cooks. How about you take this out, change this color and don't forget about that thing from the 80s - and oh yeah, try to combine both of these concepts if you can. Then all you get is a watered down design that appeals to no-one. The designers, especially if they work for the NFL, which I think they do, will have done lots of research on the history of the team before the designs were submitted. The Jets will be able to notice mistakes or historical things they may have overlooked. If the #14 is so bad in Jets history, have Sam change his number!

@SAR I told a cool story, but the actual design of the new uniforms had already been submitted to the NFL before the Fan Advisory meeting last July. This is a fact.

• Upvote 4

Just now, 14 in Green said:

@SAR I told a cool story, but the actual design of the new uniforms had already been submitted to the NFL before the Fan Advisory meeting last July. This is a fact.

So what changes can be made up until the product is finished.  So you think the NY Jets football club allowed fans designs to determine the uniforms of this team?  In case you didn't know merchandise sales amount to a lot of profit for the organization. 

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

April 1 for teams with new HCs. April 15 for all other teams.

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So what changes can be made up until the product is finished.  So you think the NY Jets football club allowed fans designs to determine the uniforms of this team?  In case you didn't know merchandise sales amount to a lot of profit for the organization. 

First sentence. Why would they make changes to something THEY already approved and submitted, and nobody else has seen? 

Second sentence. I have no idea why you asked me this, I never mentioned anything that would hint at it. I'm not sure if you're trying to make a point here. If you are, I'm not trying to be snarky, I just don't know what it is. Sorry.

Third sentence. Yes I've heard rumors that Merchandise sales are profitable, LOL. Trust me, Jets fans are going to buy the new stuff, even you. Despite how many times you've told us that you won't. Don't take that as a jab either. I agreed with your view on this, but lets be honest. We're fans, and we're going to buy this over priced crap just like everyone else.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Theres been more success with the white helmets do you your research. 

SAR I has way more credibly that you will ever have.   @SAR I

You are so gullible.

Everyone here is typing 100% pure guesswork and you think someone is credible because their guess is inline with what you pray happens.  

SAR thinks whatever he wants to think, his guess is no better or worse than anyone else.  You have to be kidding with this nonsense

Research the helmets?  LOL, OK its not the players.  WOW

• Post of the Week 2

53 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly SAR I so there is hope that the changes will be minor and be improvements and not tearing down of the tradition NY Jets logo. 

We don't need or want futuristic for the moment uniforms. 

Thanks for all your knowledge and information on this matter. 

joewill12 

He has no more knowledge or information than the rest of us.  He just imagines that he does. 

I'm excited for the new uniforms, and unless the green is the color of vomit I think I'll be happy enough...

Is that just me? I feel like my personal spectrum of what I'll find fun, exciting, or at least OK is much larger than the spectrum of things I won't like... 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You are so gullible.

Everyone here is typing 100% pure guesswork and you think someone is credible because their guess is inline with what you pray happens.  

SAR thinks whatever he wants to think, his guess is no better or worse than anyone else.  You have to be kidding with this nonsense

Research the helmets?  LOL, OK its not the players.  WOW

You said the NY Jets had more success in the green helmets and that you actually witnessed it, thats a lie a factual lie. 

There has been more success in the white helmets. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Has there been an actual picture of the new unis released? I'm not reading 55 pages to find out

Yes, we 've shown the pictures of the new uniforms, and everybody loves them! But we're not going to tell you where. We're going to FORCE you to read the whole thread to find them. So there!!! ?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You said the NY Jets had more success in the green helmets and that you actually witnessed it, thats a lie a factual lie. 

There has been more success in the white helmets. 

You need to read what was written in a response to a stupid picture of Kotite as if that defined the entire run, not what you imagined was said

And if being wrong makes you a liar, youre habitual.  Dont call me a liar because that thought rolled into your head