Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Has there been an actual picture of the new unis released? I'm not reading 55 pages to find out

Haha, have no idea, I’m one of those individuals with zero interest in uniform changes, I’m a traditionalist.  I’m more interested in the product on the field.

Just dropped in on this last page after I noted the thread was 55 pages long.

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

@SAR I told a cool story, but the actual design of the new uniforms had already been submitted to the NFL before the Fan Advisory meeting last July. This is a fact.

Exactly.  That’s what I’m saying.

When I made a plea to keep white helmets and the Jets President looked over at our owner, smiled broadly, nodded, and pointed to him I took that to mean that Chris Johnson wanted white helmets, Neil Glat was making a “you were right” gesture towards him, and that they did exactly as this fan had asked before I even had to mention it.

Yesterday’s video and photo tease just confirms what I know to be true having interacted with the very people making the decision.  White helmets are happening.  And that matters to me because the 68’s are cool and we deserve cool alternate vintage throwbacks like the Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, and other AFL teams do. 

SAR I

33 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We're fans, and we're going to buy this over priced crap just like everyone else.

I can only speak for myself and if the new and improved stuff is hideous I won't buy it. I have enough current stuff to keep me in business for a very long time. If not E-bay will always have what I need. 

If the stuff is decent I will buy it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I am agreeing with SAR I on all this. No way this organization changes things drastically. Nike changed the green not the NY Jets and my guess is they go back to pre-Nike which was Reebok green and maybe add black and gray. No way they go to futuristic slime or neon green. 

Nike didnt change the green, Parcells did.  The green has been the same since they were introduced, before Nike took over production.  Nike uses a different wicking material that reflects light oddly at times.  Green is unchanged when seen at night under artificial light.  And the color flub was changed a couple of seasons back which is why you dont see the dark patches from sweat anymore

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When I made a plea to keep white helmets and the Jets President looked over at our owner, smiled broadly, nodded, and pointed to him I took that to mean that Chris Johnson wanted white helmets, Neil Glat was making a “you were right” gesture towards him, and that they did exactly as this fan had asked before I even had to mention it.

Well then, if that's what you took it to mean, I'm ready to just go ahead and carve that in stone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I can only speak for myself and if the new and improved stuff is hideous I won't buy it. I have enough current stuff to keep me in business for a very long time. If not E-bay will always have what I need. 

If the stuff is decent I will buy it. 

me too.  some of the stuff I have seen on these 55 pages about unis makes me sick.  some would make me choose another team.  some others would make me stop watching football all together!!  LOL

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

Well then, if that's what you took it to mean, I'm ready to just go ahead and carve that in stone. 

well I think they do listen to the fans opinion. 

I mean, after all, they never offered another autographed photo of Clyde Gates again on Jets rewards after I commented on it at the Fan Advisory meeting I attended  4 years ago!   Isn't that enough proof?  I mean amirite?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs all say hello

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nothing to do with the mention of the green helmets that someone mentioned us being successful in..

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than we beat those teams in the playoffs.  Wearing those green helmets.  Unlike someone who thought that Kotite and his two seasons represents that uniform. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

2009-2010 has been the most success this team has had since 1969 and they wore the white helmets. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We did have success in those uniforms.  I watched more home playoff games in those uniforms too.

Belive SAR all you want and the crazy idea that he and his relatively new STs has more inside info on our advisory board nonsense than a almost 40 year STH.  Who cares, you are funny though.  SAR, LOL

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Theres been more success with the white helmets do you your research. 

SAR I has way more credibly that you will ever have.   @SAR I

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You said the NY Jets had more success in the green helmets and that you actually witnessed it, thats a lie a factual lie. 

There has been more success in the white helmets. 

A good football discussion no harm no foul you have your opinions and I have mine. FYI I'm not your guy if your looking for the daily argument. Thanks 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So what changes can be made up until the product is finished.  So you think the NY Jets football club allowed fans designs to determine the uniforms of this team?  In case you didn't know merchandise sales amount to a lot of profit for the organization. 

Actually the league shares the revenue generated.  Make 5 mil more, a dream, split it 32 ways and its a small piece of the pie

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sorry Helen. I know this isn't as interesting as a thread about the USC band's playlist for halftime of this years UCLA game, or what T shirts are selling at the Campus Bookstore, but yeah, our uniforms mean something to our fan base. So yeah, we're at 55 pages.

If she hasn't figured out how this board functions after the last 9 months, she never will.  This ain't no USC board.   We is unique!  Complains about the 55 pages of new uniform discussion, yet reads them all.....

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nike didnt change the green, Parcells did.  The green has been the same since they were introduced, before Nike took over production.  Nike uses a different wicking material that reflects light oddly at times.  Green is unchanged when seen at night under artificial light.  And the color flub was changed a couple of seasons back which is why you dont see the dark patches from sweat anymore

Nike altered the green when they took over the jerseys from Reebok. The Parcells era green is not the same as the current Nike green. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A good football discussion no harm no foul you have your opinions and I have mine. FYI I'm not your guy if your looking for the daily argument. Thanks 

You seemed to want to start an argument.  All I ever said, thanks for proving it for me, is that they did have some success in those uniforms.   Didnt say more success.  And dont think of Kotite when I see them either.  You were confused, kept going at it and then claim you dont want an argument.  I told you way back to re read, would have saved a lot of pointless posting.  

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nike altered the green when they took over the jerseys from Reebok. The Parcells era green is not the same as the current Nike green. 

1 minute ago, kelly said:

the best.. BEST  " shade of green "...

Kelly   green   ?

My wife is an artist and she has literally over a thousand tubes of different colors, including some obscure ones that are actually sold only on the black market due to potential radioactivity (not kidding).  I asked her to sort through them and show me Parcells green and Nike green.  She looked at me cross-eyed and kicked me out of the studio.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No they didnt.  They changed the material of every NFL uniform.  Not a chance in hell Nike is allowed to change the color of a multi billion dollar entity for the fun of it.  I have NFL jerseys from Parcells days and today, no difference until they are in the sunlight.  Cloudy day or night, no difference.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No they didnt.  They changed the material of every NFL uniform.  Not a chance in hell Nike is allowed to change the color of a multi billion dollar entity for the fun of it.  I have NFL jerseys from Parcells days and today, no difference until they are in the sunlight.  Cloudy day or night, no difference.

Yes they did!!!!!!!  I have authentic Reebok jerseys and authentic Nike jerseys the color was changed slightly. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes they did!!!!!!!  I have authentic Reebok jerseys and authentic Nike jerseys the color was changed. 

I agree.  They did the change the color.  Just look at the body of the jersey and the stripe on the sleeve.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Define color change.  Not a color change, even if slightly different because of different materials.  No one changed a color.  Stripes changed in construction and materials

71d17FACOvL._SX679_.jpg

leonard-williams.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

Hard to tell in those pics but the Nike jerseys were sewn blocks and the colors varied slightly from the Reeboks in my opinion. Reebok jerseys looked darker. 

24 minutes ago, slats said:

Having a JN member who had this interaction with the team may or may not matter to you.  I am merely reporting an exchange specifically on uniform design that I myself had in the Jets auditorium in Florham Park in front of 30+ season ticket holders and the team's senior executives.

SAR I

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

ED9-C2-ABB-0-D08-46-C5-AD55-E4-B99195-C0

Interestingly they are white and they left the center stripes on and took the “Jets” wordmark off.  

That’s a good sign. It means even though we are getting new logos and uniforms we are keeping white helmets and can change out the side decals and convert our 68’s to throwbacks like the Chargers do with their powder blue’s a few times a season.  

SAR I

When they keep the helmets in storage they dont have the Jets logo on the side i believe... I'm pretty sure they put that on later once the season starts, which would lead me to believe they are actually changing the helmet color.