Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hard to tell in those pics but the Nike jerseys were sewn blocks and the colors varied slightly from the Reeboks in my opinion. Reebok jerseys looked darker. 

Nike promototed their new materials and production process as a major advance when they took over production from Reebok.  Problem was the panels to absorb sweat became darker when they did and you saw dark panels for any team wearing a dark jersey.  

Point is it's been almost 20 years since their introduction.  Production facilities change, companies changed, times have changed, a slightly different hue, when examined under extreme scrutiny, side by side, always under different lighting isn't a conscious color change on purpose by a company for no apparent reason.  

20 hours ago, prime21 said:

I know someone personally, who talked to a person in the organization face to face at the pats game and got similar information.  "If you like the retro style jerseys, youll enjoy these"

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

well I think they do listen to the fans opinion. 

I mean, after all, they never offered another autographed photo of Clyde Gates again on Jets rewards after I commented on it at the Fan Advisory meeting I attended  4 years ago!   Isn't that enough proof?  I mean amirite?

Its YOUR FAULT!?!?

Gates would have finished my collection! I have Art Monk, Curtis Conway, Justin McCareins, Eric Green, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burresss, Derrick Mason, Jermaine Kearse , and Derrick Stone. Gates would have completed my full "Other teams Garbage at WR that started for the Jets, Set 1 of 5" 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I know someone personally, who talked to a person in the organization face to face at the pats game and got similar information.  "If you like the retro style jerseys, youll enjoy these"

what is retro - the 80s unis?

22 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Oh great, fairy green.

31 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

When they keep the helmets in storage they dont have the Jets logo on the side i believe... I'm pretty sure they put that on later once the season starts, which would lead me to believe they are actually changing the helmet color. 

Riddell offers a helmet reconditioning service, takes 4 weeks to inspect and bring the helmet back up to new, certified condition.  It's on their website, they detail how the process is done including the removal all accessories, just like the Jets showed in their video, tagged just like the Jets showed in their video.  They are going back to Riddell for reconditioning:

https://www.riddell.com/reconditioning

Now, it says on there that Riddell will repaint a helmet during the reconditioning process.  So that sounds reasonable, right?  Yes!  They're painting them!  But ask yourself, if an NFL team were getting new helmets in an entirely new color why would they care about the $1,000 cost of 53 helmets which is a weekly lunch bill to a $3 billion dollar corporate enterprise?  Why not just get new helmets injection-molded in a green, black, or grey color instead of going through the trouble, and bleed-through, of over-painting a white helmet?

If the Jets are getting a new helmet color, they wouldn't be sending the old ones back for reconditioning.  They'd just get new ones.  I'm guessing in today's concussion-conscious world from a standpoint of player safety it's best to keep the geometry and break-in of the existing helmet as-is, thus the reason for the reconditioning, the safety pads and collision dome and such don't get deconstructed and re-installed that way, just buff up the whiteness and re-test, and that's that.

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Actually, he does. 

I am on the Fan Advisory Board and during the meeting we had in Florham Park back in July I was allowed one question in front of Chris Johnson and the enture executive team and asked about the possibility of new uniforms. Though it wasn’t made official at the time in answering my question they hinted to the group it was coming soon. 

I then interjected that the reason for my question was to tell them they had to stick with the white helmets and avoid the 80’s logo like the plague because Jets fans couldn’t bear to see a quarterback wearing #14 in an all-green uniform again, mentioned AJ Duhe with the crowd agreeing, and I saw Neil Glat glance at Chris Johnson with an “I told you so” nod and finger point which led me to believe we are sticking with white helmets. 

SAR I

You know, on second thought, I'll buy into your fantasy here.

It sure sounds SAR I, like YOU are the primary driver behind whatever the next Jets Uniforms will look like.

If they're really not very good.......we can lay the blame directly, and personally, at your feet.

Congrats my friend, you just bought ownership over the forthcoming new Unis.  I sure hope they're good.  =D>

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It sure sounds SAR I, like YOU are the primary driver behind whatever the next Jets Uniforms will look like.

If they're really not very good.......we can lay the blame directly, and personally, at your feet.

Congrats my friend, you just bought ownership over the forthcoming new Unis.  I sure hope they're good.  =D>

SAR I did say he and 30 other PSL holders were at this advisory board meeting. 

this tweet ^ by Woody was just prior to the Jets starting the process to change the uniforms (2014)

this tweet ^ documents a similar journey by the Titans. The Titans process was only 2 years.

in two years working with Nike, the Titans changed

• the font
  • general uniform design layout
  • white helmets with blue facemasks to blue helmets with gray and changed the striping completely 
  • added a lot of gray to the color scheme (facemask/uniform shoulders)
  • added some red accents
  • the logo was NOT changed

these changes took two years.

The Jets have been at work redesigning the uniform for 4 to 5 years.

The people working on the redesign process have called the change, “dramatic."

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But ask yourself, if an NFL team were getting new helmets in an entirely new color why would they care about the $1,000 cost of 53 helmets which is a weekly lunch bill to a $3 billion dollar corporate enterprise?

SAR I

It's almost like the idea of easy fiscal responsibility eludes you.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I did not say that nor do I have any fantasies of having my voice heard by management.  I actually expect the Jets to disappoint me as I'm not their target demographic, I don't buy jerseys for myself, just my kids, they'll probably look like some Seahawks abomination.

I reported a conversation I had that led me to a conclusion about a helmet color, nothing more.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I did say he and 30 other PSL holders were at this advisory board meeting. 

Yes, but by his own admission, it was clearly HIS comment that drove the final decision.

It's settled, SAR I is personally responsible for our new uniforms.  For his sake, I truly hope they're beloved.

Retweet it kiddies, #SAR1DIDITJETSNEWUNIFORMS!

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is @The Crusher favorite helmet. 

Image result for new york jets new helmets

Was given one as a gift while back. Never used it. I usually finish all the chips and salsa while I’m still looking for it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

they'll probably look like some Seahawks abomination.

I hope and pray to God they don't. 

But never expect something good out of the NY Jets and never be disappointed, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's almost like the idea of easy fiscal responsibility eludes you.

If player safety is paramount and the helmets are not being recolored, the Jets send them back to Riddell for reconditioning.  They get thoroughly tested, they get re-polished, they get new hardware, and the professionals install the new decals with exacting precision.  That sounds reasonable.

If player safety is paramount and the helmets are of an entirely new color, the Jets discard the existing white helmets and order brand new ones as one would assume that disassembling and reinstalling the interior pads compromises safety and is the reason the NFL does not allow that practice for Color Rush and throwback scenarios.

There is no reason for the Jets to take 53 helmets, strip the decals, label them with specific player names, and send them back to Riddell if the Jets are getting new helmets.  So they are keeping the old ones.  And they are white.

SAR I

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If player safety is paramount and the helmets are not being recolored, the Jets send them back to Riddell for reconditioning.  They get thoroughly tested, they get re-polished, they get new hardware, and the professionals install the new decals with exacting precision.  That sounds reasonable.

If player safety is paramount and the helmets are of an entirely new color, the Jets discard the existing white helmets and order brand new ones as one would assume that disassembling and reinstalling the interior pads compromises safety and is the reason the NFL does not allow that practice for Color Rush and throwback scenarios.

There is no reason for the Jets to take 53 helmets, strip the decals, label them with specific player names, and send them back to Riddell if the Jets are getting new helmets.  So they are keeping the old ones.  And they are white.

SAR I

Well, you spoke with Chris Johnson and gave the "speaking for all fans" seal of approval SAR, so you would know, right?

We'll see in a few months, won't we.  If they are white, that certainly makes their talk-to-date about the new uniforms alot of hot air.  But that wouldn't be surprising.  Alot of folks are full of hot air.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Sorry Helen. I know this isn't as interesting as a thread about the USC band's playlist for halftime of this years UCLA game, or what T shirts are selling at the Campus Bookstore, but yeah, our uniforms mean something to our fan base. So yeah, we're at 55 pages.

Touchy, touchy, touchy.  Sorry my comments weren’t pimping a QB on another team, or challenging others for their positive and hopeful comments for your young players.

The coaching hires didn’t even generate 55 pages.  I found that amusing, not knocking it.

Ignore feature is wonderful, this is the last time I respond to you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

Touchy, touchy, touchy.  Sorry my comments weren’t pimping a QB on another team, or challenging others for their positive and hopeful comments for your young players.

The coaching hires didn’t even generate 55 pages.  I found that amusing, not knocking it.

Ignore feature is wonderful, this is the last time I respond to you.

Sounds like you're the one who's "touchy, touchy, touchy," not me.  Laughter is a great medicine Helen. Try it sometime.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/future-of-nfl-safety-inside-look-at-vicis-high-tech-football-helmet-production-facility-in-seattle/

"Painting the helmets is a meticulous process. Each team has a specific color they’ve developed and it’s up to Vicis to replicate that. The company has a special custom-built “tint room” where “all the color matching magic happens,” noted Setter."

http://realstuffsports.com/onfield/football/fbhelmets/special-order-helmet-color-choices/

all Matte, gloss, chrome, metallic, and pearl helmet looks appear to be “finishes”, and therefore not part of the molded plastic. They are paint applications.

The Jets can easily send the white helmets to be reconditioned and then apply new colors and finishes to the base white after the fact. The stripes are irrelevant. The facemark is irrelevant.

I just talked my uncles friend his  next door neighbors who is also his plumber son works for the NY Jets and he sent me this pic of the new helmet. 

Take notice to the shade of green  on the top of the helmet the jerseys will match. 

Man I cant wait the suspense is killing me. 

:D

Image result for leather football helmets pics

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, you spoke with Chris Johnson and gave the "speaking for all fans" seal of approval SAR, so you would know, right?

We'll see in a few months, won't we.  If they are white, that certainly makes their talk-to-date about the new uniforms alot of hot air.  But that wouldn't be surprising.  Alot of folks are full of hot air.

oregonminialt5__50994.1477299784.500.659

Why?  Why would a helmet color prevent the Jets from a bold new design?  That's very narrow thinking.  Plenty of NCAA teams use decals effectively, imagine either a silver decal/facemask or a green decal/facemask along the lines of the above.  It's modern, it's radical, and they can be peeled off and converted whenever we like to a completely different scheme, our Color Rush look, or our good ol' 1968 throwbacks.

As for the jerseys, pants, socks, and cleats, they can go crazy if they like, a white helmet works with any uniform that has white in it.  As we are the "Green & White" methinks, you know, white, will be a part of the new design.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why are the Johnson bros doing this?  Our uniforms are fine

vikes.jpg

I agree.  But it's really nothing to go to crazy over.  Look at the Vikings current uniform (right) and the one from 2005 (left) and they are barely different, a removal of a shoulder logo, a swoosh to the shoulder stripes, a thinning of the helmet logo, a different shade of purple, done.  It's the font change that makes the biggest impression.  Quite Nordic.

This is probably what we're looking at.  Subtlety.  A "jet" is something modern that flies fast.  So look for a logo and an aggressive font that implies speed, perhaps the addition of silver or grey as all aircraft wings and our louvered home stadium and skyscrapers in our metropolis feature it.  If I'm the Jets and I'm working with Nike and the Oregon Ducks are in their backyard and are the fashion kings of NCAA and they are all about flight, hello, the Jets fit that genre quite nicely here in a forward-thinking modern city just screaming for a forward-thinking modern uniform. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Its funny to think with all the information you have that you don’t realize that they don’t reuse helmets from one season to the next.

5 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Its funny to think with all the information you have that you don’t realize that they don’t reuse helmets from one season to the next.

Funnier right from the NY Jets website titled helmets off for a makeover. 

Image result for new york jets off for a makeover

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How are you so naive?  Do you always take everything so literally?

35 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You said they don't reuse helmets......

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

That’s simply a broadcasting tool. The helmets aren’t actually going for a makeover. It’s a metaphor for the change. Broadcasting/TV is all a big illusion, a cheat if you like

• Upvote 2

Ok doofuses.

The Jets teaser video revealed the new green, here it is:

My prediction is that the two primary colors (and potentially only colors) will be that new green with black.

1C588292-57B4-410D-A53B-64E474AD25D2.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

They don’t.  Not from year to year.

Then why on the NY Jets official website do they have that picture saying they are sending out for a make over? 

• Upvote 1