Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

25 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Patriots are exhibit A.  They had classy red, white and blue uniforms for years but didn't win.  I don't like their current uniform but it is associated with success.

I think most of the uniform redesigns have been pretty good. I dont believe that the Jersey shown is what we are going with. We are all building it up to the point we will all be disappointed.

NYT.jpg.3f3fd2465f96f531044ff06bd78f4e00.jpg
This would immediately win the award for the WORST, EVER, SPORTS TEAM LOGO.
No way they "nike" push this low quality BS out as a logo. My 3 yr old could do better. 
As far as the numbers if they were a bit smaller I wouldn't absolutely hate them, but the green color should be more "kelly", and the Helmet with what appears to be a "tail wing" of a plane but boxed off is also pretty bad. I don't believe this.

NFW

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Basically we'd read one complaint after another no matter who was picking the uniform.  The idea that those in charge shouldn't decide the brand of a multi billion dollar organization that it would be left to a fan vote is kind of funny. 

No, it's called market research, and every large company, and most medium or even small companies, do it all the time.  Do you think a multi billion dollar company risks a major product introduction on the whim of the CEO?  No, they typically hire market research firms to poll the target market.

Marketing 101.

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think most of the uniform redesigns have been pretty good. I dont believe that the Jersey shown is what we are going with. We are all building it up to the point we will all be disappointed.

You can't make everyone happy.  Some are going to love it and some are going to not like it.  Whatever the design, lets hope the product on the field makes the new design associated with a winner!

30 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You can't make everyone happy.  Some are going to love it and some are going to not like it.  Whatever the design, lets hope the product on the field makes the new design associated with a winner!

This sums it up as best as it could possibly be.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, viffer said:

No, it's called market research, and every large company, and most medium or even small companies, do it all the time.  Do you think a multi billion dollar company risks a major product introduction on the whim of the CEO?  No, they typically hire market research firms to poll the target market.

Marketing 101.

And those good ol' focus groups, which if the companies went by the results, would have kept the car from being mass marketed because a horse and buggy was just fine (true story), would have never accepted the Absolute Vodka bottle which is now iconic, and I don't have time to go into it all. They aren't used as much these days.

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Has Joewilly12 chimed in yet?  No uniform discussion is complete until he says he doesn't care, even though he posts more about it than anyone on the board.

See dude/dudette that's where you are dead wrong.......I never ever said I don't care.....I DO CARE..........thats why I voice my opinions about the NY Jets i'm a l life long diehard fan. I don't always agree with the so called cool kids I voice my opinions for what I believe in. 

Its great knowing that i'm in your mind, it shows me you are paying attention just don't put false words in my mouth. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

+1

And since the helmets are remaining in the white color it's all good, everything goes well with white.

SAR I

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bigalbarracuda said:

Did I miss something? Do we have confirmation that the helmets are remaining white? I thought silver/green/gray/white were all in play.

ED9-C2-ABB-0-D08-46-C5-AD55-E4-B99195-C0

There are doubters, but I am firmly in the camp that because the Jets sent their existing helmets back to the manufacturer bagged and tagged the way the standard Riddell reconditioning process specifies (Riddell tags with player name, removal of all accessories, etc.) that the Jets are keeping their white helmets.

If they were going with a new color, they would just get new helmets which are injection molded or painted in the new color.  There is no reason to send back white helmets unless we are keeping them white.  Riddell is going to test them, polish them, and professionally apply the new decals.  That's how reconditioning works.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are doubters, but I am firmly in the camp that because the Jets sent their existing helmets back to the manufacturer bagged and tagged the way the standard Riddell reconditioning process specifies (Riddell tags with player name, removal of all accessories, etc.) that the Jets are keeping their white helmets.

If they were going with a new color, they would just get new helmets which are injection molded or painted in the new color.  There is no reason to send back white helmets unless we are keeping them white.  Riddell is going to test them, polish them, and professionally apply the new decals.  That's how reconditioning works.

SAR I

Unless the white helmets are getting recycled or thrown away. Just because the caption says “off they go for a makeover” doesn’t mean new ones aren’t coming in their place. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bigalbarracuda said:

Did I miss something? Do we have confirmation that the helmets are remaining white? I thought silver/green/gray/white were all in play.

No, he has no idea.  He just pretends to. Helmets aren’t even reused from year to year and he took the post by the marketing staff way too literally.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I don’t doubt they’ll potentially be white.

I just doubt your “ I told the Owner...” story and supposed insider play.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Unless the white helmets are getting recycled or thrown away. Just because the caption says “off they go for a makeover” doesn’t mean new ones aren’t coming in their place. 

A $5 billion dollar entity isn't going to bother recycling helmets, they'd just as soon auction them off or donate them to charity-  and the facemasks and hardware would still be attached.

It's probably wise to stop thinking that the Jets are being crafty and throwing us off the trail and instead embrace the fact that the team is aware that their fans like the white helmets because the white helmets allow us to have the best throwback uniforms in the NFL with very important AFL heritage.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

No, he has no idea.  He just pretends to. Helmets aren’t even reused from year to year and he took the post by the marketing staff way too literally.

The helmets are white.  Wrap your brain around that.  Savvy?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don’t doubt they’ll potentially be white.

I just doubt your “ I told the Owner...” story and supposed insider play.

More than anything else I do not believe the Jets are going to walk away from the best throwbacks (perhaps #2, Chargers) in the NFL.  Which is what would happen if the base color of the helmet isn't white.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A $5 billion dollar entity isn't going to bother recycling helmets, they'd just as soon auction them off or donate them to charity-  and the facemasks and hardware would still be attached.

It's probably wise to stop thinking that the Jets are being crafty and throwing us off the trail and instead embrace the fact that the team is aware that their fans like the white helmets because the white helmets allow us to have the best throwback uniforms in the NFL with very important AFL heritage.

SAR I

On that note.... it’s a picture of a guy putting helmets in a bag. Means nothing. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No one thinks they are being crafty. You think the Jets marketing departing thinks fans know weather helmets are painted or injected molded or whatever the ****? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

More than anything else I do not believe the Jets are going to walk away from the best throwbacks (perhaps #2, Chargers) in the NFL.  Which is what would happen if the base color of the helmet isn't white.

SAR I

They're not going to throw it back to the uniforms they wore last season.

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

No one thinks they are being crafty. You think the Jets marketing departing thinks fans know weather helmets are painted or injected molded or whatever the ****? 

Painted helmets would chip and scratch, injected molded means the color is through the entire helmet. 

No way in heck the NY Jets paint helmets. 

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Has Joewilly12 chimed in yet?  No uniform discussion is complete until he says he doesn't care, even though he posts more about it than anyone on the board.

LOL. I love it when he does that. Then he gets so upset about the change, he tells us for the 100th time he wont buy it, he has enough old stuff already he will wear instead. As if we have never heard it from him before...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL. I love it when he does that. Then he gets so upset about the change, he tells us for the 100th time he wont buy it, he has enough old stuff already he will wear instead. As if we have never heard it from him before...

14 in Green dude/dudette  glad i'm also in your head. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I is on the NY Jets advisory committee and he's a very knowledgeable and educated poster. 

You mocking him and I like a troll is so childish. 

@SAR I

Lighten up, my friend. Just joking around. You bring a lot of fun and passion to this thread. Don't be afraid to laugh.  One thing tho. Its unmanly the way you slurp your buddy. He takes himself a little too serious at times in this thread also.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Lighten up, my friend. Just joking around. You bring a lot of fun and passion to this thread. Don't be afraid to laugh.  One thing tho. Its unmanly the way you slurp your buddy. He takes himself a little too serious at times in this thread also.

No worries at all. 

I know nothing about slurping, you though sound like a man/woman with experience. 

LMAO :D

• Haha 1