Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

 

 

I hate that plane logo for one reason and one reason only... it looks like a dolphin.

 

PASS.  Although the shade of green works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

 

Other than the plane logo on the helmet, I like this. It's simple, but nice. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Other than the plane logo on the helmet, I like this. It's simple, but nice. 

Same .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

 

I can live with that.  Of the examples I have seen this is by far the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I can live with that.  Of the examples I have seen this is by far the best.

Is this different than the "leaked" image from yesterday that was being discussed?  I cant get to see this image at work.

 

Can anyone post the image locally here?  It would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Lol.  What a loser.

Since you chose to ignore Max's very polite warning, you can take the rest of the day off.  Start it up again when you get back and it will be a lot longer.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

 

I can live with the uniform ( a little boring if you ask me) but the plane logo on the helmet looks like Windows Clipboard art from 2002.  HORRIBLE.  There are so many cool things a design team can do with a jet as a logo and THAT is not one of them.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can live with the uniform ( a little boring if you ask me) but the plane logo on the helmet looks like Windows Clipboard art from 2002.  HORRIBLE.  There are so many cool things a design team can do with a jet as a logo and THAT is not one of them.  

I read somewhere that the Jets are the only (maybe one more) team in the NFL with a single color uniform.  A little accent might not be a bad thing.  And don't look too closely or you'll notice the refrigerator-art version of the plane logo is on the jersey too.  Reminds me of this famous tweet:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can live with the uniform ( a little boring if you ask me) but the plane logo on the helmet looks like Windows Clipboard art from 2002.  HORRIBLE.  There are so many cool things a design team can do with a jet as a logo and THAT is not one of them.  

They could put the 90’s logo on there if they wanted and I think it’d look even better. I’d be down for this design. First one that I actually like out of all of em haha

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

To be fair, you have admitted to being both pompous and an idiot in the past.

Is SAR also the only person who lists his Jets Rewards Points next to his avatar?  That would be like listing my 800K in AMEX MR points on my Twitter profile.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I read somewhere that the Jets are the only (maybe one more) team in the NFL with a single color uniform.  A little accent might not be a bad thing.  And don't look too closely or you'll notice the refrigerator-art version of the plane logo is on the jersey too.  Reminds me of this famous tweet:

 

 

The Jets and the Colts are the only ones. I think it was mentioned when we played them this year that it would be the only time that a game would only have 3 colors: Green, Blue and White. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Is SAR also the only person who lists his Jets Rewards Points next to his avatar?  That would be like listing my 800K in AMEX MR points on my Twitter profile.

How many points does it take to get an upgrade on a new 3 year BMW lease? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SAR I said:

More than anything else I do not believe the Jets are going to walk away from the best throwbacks (perhaps #2, Chargers) in the NFL.  Which is what would happen if the base color of the helmet isn't white.

SAR I

They could wear blue helmets in their Titans throwbacks, why wouldn't they be able to wear white with their championship throwbacks? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

 

I've got a sweatshirt with the airplane logo on it. I like it as a throwback, but it's really not modern at all. I can't imagine they'd go back to a logo that they barely used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Assuming they use a new shade of green does this mean JetMan will need new spandex? 

Hopefully he FINALLY slaps on a pair of pants for gameday - this coming from a guy who refuses to wear pants within his property lines. lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slats said:

I've got a sweatshirt with the airplane logo on it. I like it as a throwback, but it's really not modern at all. I can't imagine they'd go back to a logo that they barely used. 

I love that retro look on occasion but you are probably right that they cant go back to it.  Perhaps an updated fighter Jet with the name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Butterfield said:

You are a pompous idiot.  Hopefully no one takes you seriously.

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS Buttered-up Butt.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The Jets and the Colts are the only ones. I think it was mentioned when we played them this year that it would be the only time that a game would only have 3 colors: Green, Blue and White. 

Cowboys are blue only too.  Any others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting the gist that WHITE is not considered a team color. 

So Arz would just be Red and they've added Black as an accent 3rd color only in the past 10 years I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

They could wear blue helmets in their Titans throwbacks, why wouldn't they be able to wear white with their championship throwbacks? 

Since 2012 the NFL has been advised by the medical / concussion community that it is safer for players to have a single helmet in a given season, so no longer can teams in the NFL flip between a white helmet and a blue helmet etc.  One helmet, that’s it.

So if the Jets eschew a white helmet and go for a different color like black, green, or gray it would mean that we would never be able to dress in our 1968 AFL uniforms as our throwback. Considering how good they look, how important Super Bowl III was to league history, and the upcoming 60th anniversary season commemorating the AFL in 2020, I don’t see the Jets abandoning the white helmet. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m redisigning my whole house.  My wife is >20 years younger than me and the in color is matte black for everything.  I hated it at first, but it’s growing on me.  I am 100% sure after this experience our helmets will be matte black.  I’m also around 75% sure that anyone on here 40 years old and up will probably not like the new uniforms, but it will grow on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Cowboys are blue only too.  Any others?

Yeah but they are Blue and Silver...I suppose they don't count "white" as an official color since every team has some version of "whites" jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Yeah but they are Blue and Silver...I suppose they don't count "white" as an official color since every team has some version of "whites" jerseys. 

My bad, was thinking about jerseys, didn't think of their pants.  Duh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I’m redisigning my whole house.  I am 100% sure after this experience our helmets will be matte black. 

714195510038_large.jpg?v=1441055080

Note how cool a black decal can work on a white helmet.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So, has anyone heard that we're going to have new Uniforms next year?

Seriously? Now that is a scoop... we should have a thread, though I doubt it would be 70 pages long or anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

 Nike, probably the best design team on the planet. 

Even if every other design team on the planet were to die in horrific yak herding accidents, Nike would still be the worst on the planet.

A design by an epileptic blind donkey with a paintbrush would be an improvement on anything done by Nike.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Even if every other design team on the planet were to die in horrific yak herding accidents, Nike would still be the worst on the planet.

A design by an epileptic blind donkey with a paintbrush would be an improvement on anything done by Nike.

2018-Uniforms_NIKE-Sports_Twitter_FP.jpg

ducks-2018.png

I think what they've done with the Ducks is very fresh and interesting especially in a limiting color like green.  I like the helmet applique; it conveys the feeling of flight, I expect something along these lines for the J's.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2018-Uniforms_NIKE-Sports_Twitter_FP.jpg

ducks-2018.png

I think what they've done with the Ducks is very fresh and interesting especially in a limiting color like green.  I like the helmet applique; it conveys the feeling of flight, I expect something along these lines for the J's.

SAR I

Those unis couldn't be uglier, Nike and Oregon have ruined uniforms.  Let's hope the Jets don't follow a similar pattern

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Is this different than the "leaked" image from yesterday that was being discussed?  I cant get to see this image at work.

 

Can anyone post the image locally here?  It would be much appreciated.

Very different.  See below

 

 

IMG_20190125_153358.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Very different.  See below

 

 

IMG_20190125_153358.jpg

I would be fine with this but I am afraid they are going to be more elaborate. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...