Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

27 minutes ago, slats said:

In the last decade, the Jets made it as far as the AFC Championship twice, just as they did in the first year they wore them. That 80s logo is the emblem of the Kotite Jets: the worst season and back-to-back seasons in franchise history. They once went 10 straight years without a winning season in those outfits. The first three years in those uniforms extended an 11-year non-winning season streak. Good riddance! 

I don't love them changing from the current unis, but I'm capable of accepting change. I just hope they don't suck outright and, even if they do, I hope the Jets win enough that I don't care. 

richard_todd_1982_09_01.jpg

football-afc-playoffs-miami-dolphins-aj-

This.

Every time I hear someone pining away for the Richard Todd AJ Duhe green uniforms I throw up in my mouth.  Especially with #14 being a somewhat, oh I don't know, prominent number back in circulation.  Too look at that thing for the next 10 years?  Never.

Run.  Run far away from these horrible 80's era monstrosities and the horrible memories attached to them.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, teptep said:

Not all of us.  I became a Jets fan during the Bruce Coslet era (no accounting for taste). So I do admit that it's partial nostalgia, but I always liked the full green helmets, that particular shade of green and the jet outline on the wordmark. I had hope they'd make the playoffs in those uniforms, especially in 1993 vs the Oilers and then in Parcells' first season in 1997 against the Lions. But, of course, Parcells changed the uniforms in 1998 when they started a run of more success.

Neil-O%252527Donnell-05594173.jpg%26w=80

Awesome, let's look at the other #14 that caused us nothing but misery in those awful 80's jerseys.

Let it go.  It's not happening.  Christopher Johnson would literally have to run for his life every time his Bentley alights from the safety of Florham Park, there would be picketing, signs, rocks, no way he's going to put himself through that.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Neil-O%252527Donnell-05594173.jpg%26w=80

Awesome, let's look at the other #14 that caused us nothing but misery in those awful 80's jerseys.

Let it go.  It's not happening.  Christopher Johnson would literally have to run for his life every time his Bentley alights from the safety of Florham Park, there would be picketing, signs, rocks, no way he's going to put himself through that.

SAR I

tenor.gif.c7175e362530cb3e26809e3487fc60a7.gif

20190201_104614.jpg.a5f0dc6acc74e7441128080cff5ff7bf.jpg

20190201_104900.thumb.jpg.70c4c03ae4c375a70c419d0dae3b8052.jpg20190201_105011.jpg.f0f31ce8ecfba5d5a3d69fe62117d9f0.jpg20190201_105133.thumb.jpg.9ba5962db7f19f710ddb64f4df2be4e9.jpg20190201_105239.thumb.jpg.a8e90f3f67a3b4cabf35b4bc4571a325.jpg

Yeah, real Glory days....

Lets get Sam out of that cursed attire ASAP!!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm more than old enough to remember them (at least the 80's and 90's use of them) and I have a deep and unrelenting love for them.

Seems the only people who love the classic uniform as 1,000 year old geezers who's till think those uniforms represent 1969, and not the recent (and equally long) eras of failure.

Actually, not to argue who sucked more, the Parcells playoff teams plus the Herm, Mangini, Rex playoff teams added to Namath and the Super Bowl won, trump anything from those Todd uniforms.  In a landslide.  It's not 1000 year olds.  The uniforms looked great, the teams mostly sucked. 

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, real Glory days....

As a team that hasn't won in 10 years there certainly are bad moments in the current uniforms.  But nothing happened in them to crush our hopes like Richard Todd throwing away the Mud Bowl and Neil O'Donnell ruining 1 of our scant 3 years with Bill Parcells.  Achilles, Penne, Vick, Buttfumble, Geno....those were either just bad luck or inconsequential events in non-playoff seasons. 

The 80's uniforms are a nightmare.  The 00's uniforms were throwbacks to the only glory day(s) the franchise ever had.

Let's have brand new, edgy, exciting modern uniforms.  As we represent a city that is the fashion capital of the country, let's do what no other New York franchise has ever done-  create a thoroughly modern uniform that is known as the best-looking in its league.  As a fan of the Yankees, Rangers, and Jets, it's been nothing but 'classic' uniforms designed well before I was born and I'm 100% ready for something modern and fantastic.  I think Nike and the Jets will deliver.

However, the Jets only have 1 throwback uniform and it's the 68's,  I think we all agree on this.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm more than old enough to remember them (at least the 80's and 90's use of them) and I have a deep and unrelenting love for them.

Seems the only people who love the classic uniform as 1,000 year old geezers who's till think those uniforms represent 1969, and not the recent (and equally long) eras of failure.

Be careful what you wish for as you soon may be seeing a futuristic alien like ugliest uniform in the NFL being worn by the NY Jets its only fitting. 

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As a team that hasn't won in 10 years there certainly are bad moments in the current uniforms.  But nothing happened in them to crush our hopes like Richard Todd throwing away the Mud Bowl and Neil O'Donnell ruining 1 of our scant 3 years with Bill Parcells.  Achilles, Penne, Vick, Buttfumble, Geno....those were either just bad luck or inconsequential events in non-playoff seasons. 

The 80's uniforms are a nightmare.  The 00's uniforms were throwbacks to the only glory day(s) the franchise ever had.

Let's have brand new, edgy, exciting modern uniforms.  As we represent a city that is the fashion capital of the country, let's do what no other New York franchise has ever done-  create a thoroughly modern uniform that is known as the best-looking in its league.  As a fan of the Yankees, Rangers, and Jets, it's been nothing but 'classic' uniforms designed well before I was born and I'm 100% ready for something modern and fantastic.  I think Nike and the Jets will deliver.

However, the Jets only have 1 throwback uniform and it's the 68's,  I think we all agree on this.

SAR I

Id have to agree.  But id love to see the 80s throwbacks for a game or 2 a year.  Like how the bucs wear the creamsicle unis every now and then.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id have to agree.  But id love to see the 80s throwbacks for a game or 2 a year.  Like how the bucs wear the creamsicle unis every now and then.

Yes, I'm good with that.  If the Jets want to play with two throwbacks (68's and 82's) why not, the more the merrier.

I just don't want our new standard uniforms to have any connection at all to Richard Todd's threads.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Be careful what you wish for as you soon may be seeing a futuristic alien like ugliest uniform in the NFL being worn by the NY Jets its only fitting. 

While I believe in the Jets, and Nike, and the fashion capital of New York driving a great new uniform.....

You are right in that no NFL team has flipped from its classic look to something completely modern and had it turn out better than the original.  I'm not talking about a minor tweak.  I'm talking about a complete redesign.

Can you name even one?

SAR I

2 hours ago, slats said:

You've seen Hackenberg in uniform? 

Ok, I admit....I loled harder than expected.  Nice.

2 hours ago, slats said:

Really? 

Yup.  Sad, isn't it?

2 hours ago, slats said:

In the last decade, the Jets made it as far as the AFC Championship twice, just as they did in the first year they wore them. That 80s logo is the emblem of the Kotite Jets: the worst season and back-to-back seasons in franchise history. They once went 10 straight years without a winning season in those outfits. The first three years in those uniforms extended an 11-year non-winning season streak. Good riddance! 

No, the Kotite Era was a similar but different uniform.  Alot more black if I recall.  The 90's (till Bill's flash in the pan) was indeed a hole of sadness.

But I see it as the Mid-80's Walton-Era Uniforms, the Toon, Klecko, Walker, McNeil, Gastinau era.  The most interesting and fun (and yes, nostalgic cause I was young) teams I ever got to personally watch.  Parcell's one good year was nice, admittedly, but the later Rex/Sanchez teams can't hold a candle to those great (if ultimately disappointing) 80's teams.  I'll take an O'Brian vs. Marino 45-42 game over anything we've seen since Vinny T.

And in case you've missed it (and I know you haven't), the Jets haven't had a playoff year in this decade, we've been dead last in the AFCE 4 of the past five years, and have one winning season (the fluke Fitzmagic) in the past 8.  Neither uniform exactly has a steller record of success tbqh.   

2 hours ago, slats said:

I don't love them changing from the current unis, but I'm capable of accepting change.

What choice do we have?  All we can do is hope for the best.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I just hope they don't suck outright and, even if they do, I hope the Jets win enough that I don't care. 

You and me both, mate.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

While I believe in the Jets, and Nike, and the fashion capital of New York driving a great new uniform.....

You are right in that no NFL team has flipped from its classic look to something completely modern and had it turn out better than the original.  I'm not talking about a minor tweak.  I'm talking about a complete redesign.

Can you name even one?

SAR I

The Bucs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

richard_todd_1982_09_01.jpg

football-afc-playoffs-miami-dolphins-aj-

This.

Every time I hear someone pining away for the Richard Todd AJ Duhe green uniforms I throw up in my mouth.  Especially with #14 being a somewhat, oh I don't know, prominent number back in circulation.  Too look at that thing for the next 10 years?  Never.

Run.  Run far away from these horrible 80's era monstrosities and the horrible memories attached to them.

SAR I

Blame Darnold, he picked that number.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Curtis Martin fumble in the AFC C.G....

One year. 

One year of glory in a sea of mostly sh*t.  Lets try to keep that in perspective.

A year, it should also be noted, no one under the age of 60 actually personally remembers watching!

The Jets record in those "classic" uniforms back when was 87-117-3 a .414 Winning %. 

2 Postseasons in 16 years, 3 winning seasons in 16 years.  And yes, the one glory of 1969.

The 80's Uniforms record were 134-176-2, a .429 Winning %.

Read that again, we won more often in the 80's uniforms than in the 60's Uniforms!  And we had no Namath in the late 70's, 80's or 90's.

5 Postseasons in 20 years, 6 winning seasons in 20.  Still sh*t, but better in every way less the one 1969 moment.

The Super Bowl is all those 60's uniforms have historicly.  Most of the rest of the time those uniforms were worn by bad, losing, basement teams.  

Like I said, maybe it IS time for something all new for the Jets. 

Lets hope this is what happens.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Can you name even one?

SAR I

Buccaneers and I think the Titans uniforms took on a new bad look especially the numbers. 

Image result for tennessee titans uniforms new and old

I have a quick question for @SAR I. What is your personal opinion on the one shell rule, which requires teams to only use one helmet during the course of a season? For me it's pretty simple, a worn in helmet isn't going to prevent a concussion anymore than a new helmet. If what the NFL's two advisory panels say were true, then the NCAA already would have adopted the one shell rule to protect the college kids.  Also, do you think we'll see the one shell rule eliminated at the next annual league meetings? I'd love to see the one shell rule eliminated. Eventually I'd like to see the Thursday night games have not just color rush uniforms, but color rush helmets.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think I remember Martin fumbling early...but wasn't it Byers who fumbled after catching a pass inside the red zone.

That....and Keyshawn catching a pass then waiving himself off the field in the 4th to be replaced by Alex Van Dyke who proceeded to fumble on the next play...again in Denver territory.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Here you go SAR I insert NY Jets............YUCK 

Image result for notre dame pinstripe football uniforms pics

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Can you name even one?

SAR I

Yep - the Pats are way better now than the old fashioned threads with the ugly patriot. Dolphins change was minor - but that was a nice improvement on the logo. You can say that the newer teams, the teams that were starting from scratch, for the most part have better logos than the older teams. The Ravens logo, Jaguars logo (not uni), Titans logo - they are all products of modern graphic design. Again, not talking about the uniforms, which are very different. Also, the Broncos new version is much better stylistically. When the older teams logos were created, graphic design majors were not yet a thing in college, and there were no graphic design jobs as we know them today. It was often an illustrator, architect, ad person, etc. that came up with the designs.

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yep - the Pats are way better now than the old fashioned threads with the ugly patriot. Dolphins change was minor - but that was a nice improvement on the logo. You can say that the newer teams, the teams that were starting from scratch, for the most part have better logos than the older teams. The Ravens logo, Jaguars logo (not uni), Titans logo - they are all products of modern graphic design. Again, not talking about the uniforms, which are very different. Also, the Broncos new version is much better stylistically. The newer logo that I do not like as much is Tampa Bay's flag logo - the older Buc was pretty well done, probably because it wasn't as old as the other teams. When the older teams logos were created, graphic design majors were not yet a thing in college, and there were no graphic design jobs as we know them today. It was often an illustrator, architect, ad person, etc. that came up with the designs.

Pat the Patriot > Flying Elvis

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

One year. 

One year of glory in a sea of mostly sh*t.  Lets try to keep that in perspective.

A year, it should also be noted, no one under the age of 60 actually personally remembers watching!

The Jets record in those "classic" uniforms back when was 87-117-3 a .414 Winning %. 

2 Postseasons in 16 years, 3 winning seasons in 16 years.  And yes, the one glory of 1969.

The 80's Uniforms record were 134-176-2, a .429 Winning %.

Read that again, we won more often in the 80's uniforms than in the 60's Uniforms!  And we had no Namath in the late 70's, 80's or 90's.

5 Postseasons in 20 years, 6 winning seasons in 20.  Still sh*t, but better in every way less the one 1969 moment.

The Super Bowl is all those 60's uniforms have historicly.  Most of the rest of the time those uniforms were worn by bad, losing, basement teams.  

Like I said, maybe it IS time for something all new for the Jets. 

Lets hope this is what happens.  

Standard Jets Uniform = Something fresh, modern, and edgy that is believed to be the best in the NFL.

Throwback Jets Uniform = 68's commemorating an epic victory for the AFL and all of professional sports.

Shouldn't be that hard to do.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Buccaneers and I think the Titans uniforms took on a new bad look especially the numbers. 

Image result for tennessee titans uniforms new and old

Agreed.  And all this fascination with the New York Rangers white jersey contrasting shoulder stripes, yuck.  Making NFL jerseys look like bad hockey jersey's, no thanks.

SAR I

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I have a quick question for @SAR I. What is your personal opinion on the one shell rule, which requires teams to only use one helmet during the course of a season? For me it's pretty simple, a worn in helmet isn't going to prevent a concussion anymore than a new helmet. If what the NFL's two advisory panels say were true, then the NCAA already would have adopted the one shell rule to protect the college kids.  Also, do you think we'll see the one shell rule eliminated at the next annual league meetings? I'd love to see the one shell rule eliminated. Eventually I'd like to see the Thursday night games have not just color rush uniforms, but color rush helmets.

I hate hate hate the rule, I believe it was a political overreaction by Roger Goddell to quiet the media firestorm over concussions.  NCAA doesn't adhere to the rule, neither should the NFL.

That said, oversized decals (like Nike Oregon) and full-on helmet wraps (like performance cars) could solve the problem, especially with so few helmet-to-helmet hits, it's not like they'd get scraped up and it's not like the equipment manager wrapping 53 helmets a few times a year to change colors is some big job.

SAR I