Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Not sure if this was posted and don’t have the time to check but saw this today...

doubt its it’s real but figure I’d post it in case it hadn’t been posted already.

88E90891-486F-47A8-A3B3-D797EC20F48A.png

This ugly thing has been posted no less than 20 times.  puke

I hope it's fake.  Glad I bought a Darnold rookie jersey, cause I will not buy anything as ugly as the above, ever.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I hope it's fake.  Glad I bought a Darnold rookie jersey, cause I will not buy anything as ugly as the above, ever.

Yea, I check in this thread from time to time and hadn't seen it. But yea, that uniform would be disappointing to say the least.

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This.  I already have my Darnold jersey and am a believer that it's the last one I'll really worry about having for a very, very long time, so I'm good with not buying whatever the new mess is unless I really want to.

22 hours ago, Dcat said:

OMG!!!!!!!!! Could you imagine??? That is the ugliest BY FAR!!!!!! that I've seen yet. Not even close!!!! 

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because we have a history of shltty uniforms?

We've had two great looking uniforms in our history, why should this one suck?

No.  Because the PR department of this team is moronic and I don't trust jets management to make the right decisions on anything.  History proves this to be right.  Of all things NFL...  rosters, stadiums, etc....  the only thing to date that the Jets have not screwed up was uniforms.  Leave it to the current regime to put the final dot on the final "i" and get this one wrong.

Frankly, there was absolutely no need to change the unis.  Zero.  The current unis were great.  This is all to sell new unis (which is the reason that the oft posted piece of green ugly sh*t is highly unlikely).  Jets PR = make money over substance.  

• Upvote 2

There's no doubt some part of the fan base will be unhappy with the new Uni's.  I personally think any change will be an improvement and will be ok with what Nike comes up with.  Some think it's only going to be a tweak but the video does clearly say it will be very different.  Whatever it will be should be welcomed as a part of a new era in the franchise.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:44 PM, SAR I said:

891-CB32-D-D963-43-CA-A078-A839176-DFB03

Sam Darnold was on Stephen Colbert last night and the Jets PR department made sure that players were shown wearing their white helmets, another confirmation of our helmet direction for 2019.

SAR I

That's....the jets current helmet without a logo...

On 2/4/2019 at 12:44 AM, SAR I said:

891-CB32-D-D963-43-CA-A078-A839176-DFB03

Sam Darnold was on Stephen Colbert last night and the Jets PR department made sure that players were shown wearing their white helmets, another confirmation of our helmet direction for 2019.

SAR I

They could certainly be white but i'm pretty sure the Jets aren't that smart or clever enough to purposely drop hints or clues for fans.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

No.  Because the PR department of this team is moronic and I don't trust jets management to make the right decisions on anything.  History proves this to be right.  Of all things NFL...  rosters, stadiums, etc....  the only thing to date that the Jets have not screwed up was uniforms.  Leave it to the current regime to put the final dot on the final "i" and get this one wrong.

Frankly, there was absolutely no need to change the unis.  Zero.  The current unis were great.  This is all to sell new unis (which is the reason that the oft posted piece of green ugly sh*t is highly unlikely).  Jets PR = make money over substance.  

The league shares the money from uniform sales.  They'll hardly make a time of money.  It's s drop in the bucket compared to TV, radio, etc.  

Again feeling they'll fail based on the outside of a stadium and the proof Dept has nothing to do with a uniform change.  Now is your only complaint was changing, I get that, I think their current uniform is fine.  

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

That's....the jets current helmet without a logo...

I guess we're making our practice jerseys our next uniform.

Or that our old helmets are staying because a green helmet wouldnt be stupid to show the world today. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

They could certainly be white but i'm pretty sure the Jets aren't that smart or clever enough to purposely drop hints or clues for fans.

Smart/Clever:

Trading up in the 2018 draft.
Drafting Sam Darnold at #3.
Firing Todd Bowles.
Hiring Adam Case.
Hiring Gregg Wililams.
Retaining Brant Boyer.

Uniforms?  I feel good about those too.

SAR I

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

There's never gonna be an update, there never was, until they actually reveal them in April. This entire thread is people positing crappy concepts from twitter lol. 

I was joking haha. Pushing this frivolous thread along.

However, I do enjoy seeing the renderings

8 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Is it really an April release?  Thought they would have done it earlier than that.

I think it'll have to be sometime in March. Because we have a first year HC, we have our first practice on April 1, two weeks before the teams with returning HCs. I doubt they'll be on the practice field in 2019 in the old unis.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think it'll have to be sometime in March. Because we have a first year HC, we have our first practice on April 1, two weeks before the teams with returning HCs. I doubt they'll be on the practice field in 2019 in the old unis.

I was thinking along similar lines.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The league shares the money from uniform sales*  They'll hardly make a time of money.  It's s drop in the bucket compared to TV, radio, etc.  

Again feeling they'll fail based on the outside of a stadium and the proof Dept has nothing to do with a uniform change.  Now is your only complaint was changing, I get that, I think their current uniform is fine.  

*except for the Cowboys.

1 hour ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I was thinking along similar lines.  

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Plus I would think that the JETS would want fans to be able to get the new gear before the draft. 

• Sympathy 1

I think it will be in time for Free Agency personally.

It makes too much sense not to.  If we go out, and make a high priced FA signing like Bell or Brown they are sure going to have an introductory press conference.  That would be the ideal time to show them holding a jersey they will be wearing the up coming year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

FWIW, looking at past articles of recent uniform changes:

Here is when other teams showed their new uniforms:

Titans - April 3rd

Bucs  - March 3rd

Jaguars - April 19th

Lions - April 14th

Dolphins April 19th

Didn't the Jets already all-but-say it would be March/April?