Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

no, the point is theyre green, have always been green.  Its their tradition, what they are after all these years.

If they make a change it will also have nothing to do with Jets given all the different color Jets that exist in the world.  You want a different color, fine, has nothing to do with the name Jets though

what "tradition"??? of Futility???... No Thx... When I think of Jets, I think of fighter planes... I think Most people do as well & they are All mostly a silver metallic gun metal color... Not green & white... You like the "tradition" All the Best... I prefer something Bold & New... jmo.

42 minutes ago, jetsons said:

what "tradition"??? of Futility???... No Thx... When I think of Jets, I think of fighter planes... I think Most people do as well & they are All mostly a silver metallic gun metal color... Not green & white... You like the "tradition" All the Best... I prefer something Bold & New... jmo.

You know if you want to talk tradition they're the green and white.  You want to complain that you don't like their tradition that's a whole different story that has nothing to do with colors or logos. 

Also, happy that you came up with colors you like and then are sticking them on Jets.  Theyre are probably just as many white colored military Jets as silver, metalic or gunmetal colored Jets.  Or there are more white passenger jets.  Everyone has to come up with their own reasoning to change or not change depending on what they want for themselves.  Lets not try and make it something its not.  Has nothing to do with matching colors to your ideal of what Jet colors are.  Raiders arent silver and black, cowboys arent blue, white or silver, packers arent green and gold, giants arent red, white and blue.   The list goes on.   

I actually have no problem with them kicking their traditional colors out, just dont need excuses for a change.

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know if you want to talk tradition they're the green and white.  You want to complain that you don't like their tradition that's a whole different story that has nothing to do with colors or logos. 

Also, happy that you came up with colors you like and then are sticking them on Jets.  Theyre are probably just as many white colored military Jets as silver, metalic or gunmetal colored Jets.  Or there are more white passenger jets.  Everyone has to come up with their own reasoning to change or not change depending on what they want for themselves.  Lets not try and make it something its not.  Has nothing to do with matching colors to your ideal of what Jet colors are.  Raiders arent silver and black, cowboys arent blue, white or silver, packers arent green and gold, giants arent red, white and blue.   The list goes on.   

I actually have no problem with them kicking their traditional colors out, just dont need excuses for a change.

I agree but I'm not "needing" an excuse just expressing my view... the same reason some feel attached to the green & white because that's what they've always been is for me Exactly why I am open to them changing their colors completely.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I believe the Green & White came from Leon Hess. 

No. It was Werblin's creation after he purchased the Jets in 1963.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No it came from Sonny Werblin.  When he changed the team from the Titans to the Jets he changed to green because he was born on St Patricks Day.

Correct. St. Patrick's was his birthday in 1910 and is PART of the reason why he chose Green. 

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

It doesn't really matter where it came from but there is Absolutely No reason to keep those colors... they have Absolutely Zero to do with "Jets"... jmo

It's a matter of opinion. Part of a rooting for a team is identity and the Jets' identity IS the color Green. It's going to be split opinions either way by fans and diehards. Both have valid arguments for and against the change. I LOVE Green in various aspects, Jets fall in line with that infatuation.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

no, the point is theyre green, have always been green.  Its their tradition, what they are after all these years.

If they make a change it will also have nothing to do with Jets given all the different color Jets that exist in the world.  You want a different color, fine, has nothing to do with the name Jets though

I agree it's PART of the TEAM IDENTITY - Good AND Bad history: SB III, Miracle @ Meadlowlands, 2010 Division upset as well as The Gastineau Late Hit, the 1998 AFCCG choke job, Tebow, etc. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Green is the only reason I became a fan.

I'll be pissed if they change it now.

I have to agree that the Green is a material part of why I love the team and what separates it from the rest of the NY Metro area sports teams in having Green as a primary color while EVERYONE ELSE is: Blue, Red, Orange w/White as the complimentary color (Giants,Yanks,Mets,Rangers,Knicks, NYCFC, Islanders, Nets were) 

GREEN = THE FUTURE

Here is WHY the NY Jets are GREEN: 

Change to Jets, 1963-1977

New owner Sonny Werblin changed the franchise's name and color scheme upon buying the team in 1963. The newly named Jets wore kelly green uniforms with white pants and white helmets for the next sixteen years. Werblin incorporated green because he viewed it as a futuristic color as well as his personal affinity for St. Patrick’s Day, which was his birthday. In 1963 the helmets featured a green passenger jet with “Jets” written across it before the team opted for a football shaped outline with “NY Jets” interlocking. The team made the playoffs twice in its 15 seasons with these uniforms, including Super Bowl III, the franchise’s only championship. Joe Namath led the Jets, dressed in all white, to a 16-7 upset over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Dont give 2 sh*ts about any "business" descisions the Jets are looking to make on this. TO ME the unis are perfect. 

THE END

And the Jets clearly don't give 2 sh*ts about your meaingless little opinion.

If they were "perfect", they'd be the #1 selling gear in the league.  They're not even close.  They're old, outdated and boring tbqh.  They look like what they are, a sad 1960's design for a team still trying to milk their one moment of glory 50 years ago.  

If there is one bright side to the impending sh*tshow that will likely be these new modern uniforms, it's going to be the massive sea of butthurt of the Jets Fanbase when they get dropped. 

It's going to be epic watching and reading the impending meltdowns.

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

I agree but I'm not "needing" an excuse just expressing my view... the same reason some feel attached to the green & white because that's what they've always been is for me Exactly why I am open to them changing their colors completely.

Well thats ok, just I dont see the need to change.  Not against it, just dont see a need to get away from the green and white were known for.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well thats ok, just I dont see the need to change.  Not against it, just dont see a need to get away from the green and white were known for.

I agree. Change the logo. Change the fonts. Change the "style" or concept of the uniform. Add in gray or whatever. But Completely changing the color scheme and losing the green? No. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I agree. Change the logo. Change the fonts. Change the "style" or concept of the uniform. Add in gray or whatever. But Completely changing the color scheme and losing the green? No. 

Why not change everything...****in  Jets have 1 year of history ( 68) in 59 yrs in the league ..they suck

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Adding some gray or black as an accent might happen but completely going away from green and white will never happen. Never.

If they do let this happen it will be the Jetsiest move since the flying lawnmower or possibly ever.

The Jets have already confirmed that green is the main color in the Adams video

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Adding some gray or black as an accent might happen but completely going away from green and white will never happen. Never.

If they do let this happen it will be the Jetsiest move since the flying lawnmower or possibly ever.

And then bam kelckineau was awesome truck as he saw the new features color of the New York jets......

Crimson 

23 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is Nike doing our new uniforms?  I'm worried if so.  Can you imagine if we end up hating our new uni's?  And in the past couple of years I've thought the Jet uni's never looked better.

The absolute worst jerseys in all of sports.  The crazy thing is that I could absolutely see the NFL eventually changing the uniforms to the crazy ones we see proposed on certain websites that try to re-imagine/modernize all NFL uniforms.  I don't think that day is far off, actually.

Yes Nike is involved but ultimately it's up to the Jets.

It will all come down to how they play in those uniforms.  If Sam is hoisting a Lombardi in a few years we'll love them,if Sam turns into 2012 Sanchez and the team continues to suck we'll hate them.

• Post of the Week 1

23 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Memphis' helmets are sweet:

MemphisExpress.jpg

Crazy how they have a better logo than us already.

This does look cool.  Much easier when you're not tied down by "tradition".  Odd logo though.  What does a jet plane have to do with Express?  Unless it represents Fedex Express.