Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This does look cool.  Much easier when you're not tied down by "tradition".  Odd logo though.  What does a jet plane have to do with Express?  Unless it represents Fedex Express.

I think it does represent Fed Ex.

Wasn’t Castaway based in Memphis?

He was the Fed Ex worker.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, if you're gonna abandon green and white why not change the name of the team too? Might as well alienate any and all history or fandom and start from scratch.

Not sure why people are discussing us abandoning green. As I said before if you watch the teaser video from the Jets on the uniforms with Adams it clearly points to green in a lighter shade being the primary color.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure why people are discussing us abandoning green. As I said before if you watch the teaser video from the Jets on the uniforms with Adams it clearly points to green in a lighter shade being the primary color.

I was just waxing about the discussion. I don't think anybody seriously thinks green is out.

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think it does represent Fed Ex.

Wasn’t Castaway based in Memphis?

He was the Fed Ex worker.

The Express is most likely an ode of THANKS to the Local Power/Influence and ominous Presence The FedEx Corporation has in Memphis, Tennessee.

Memphis is FedEx's SuperHub Location and its largest sorting facility IN THE WORLD w/millions of packages processed through that facility HOURLY. 

I would have named the team the Memphis "Beale-Street-Blue-BBQers"

5 hours ago, greasyt said:

This looks like the grainy image from the video

DzI3h-sWoAEkBXT.jpg

Looks like lips or hamburger buns or a shelled peanut as much as it looks like a football. Or as @kdels62 said, a coffee bean.

Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the New York Dicot Seeds!

Hopefully that was just what they put on the binder covers for the project and not the final version. It's not modern, it's not different. It's not even a logo; it's just italicized words with an oval around it, with the top & bottom of the "o" in York cut off.

If they want to improve the team, maybe from the top down they should learn that a football is pointy at the ends, not oval. Knowing the shape of the ball used in the sport would be an important first step I think.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So I just saw a pop up ad from NFL.com they have drastically reduced the price of Jets gear. Is this just an End of Season Clearance, or could the new stuff be out sooner then we think?

Ok @Jet_Engine1 you saddened me with the "sad" reaction to the post I'm quoting. Did my asking a question make you sad? Or do sales make you sad? It makes me sad that you're so sad...   

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok @Jet_Engine1 you saddened me with the "sad" reaction to the post I'm quoting. Did my asking a question make you sad? Or do sales make you sad? It makes me sad that you're so sad...   

I'm sad that the Jets uniforms that we've known for 20 years are going on clearance to get them out of stock. 

Its a message board. Don't be touchy. 

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm sad that the Jets uniforms that we've known for 20 years are going on clearance to get them out of stock. 

Its a message board. Don't be touchy. 

I'll be ok, I'm not really a touchy guy, lol. Just tried to have a laugh with the sad thing. I'm kinda pissed about the change too, but who knows, maybe we'll end up liking the new stuff. I'm not expecting to, but who knows?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, johnnysd said:

No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  

Nothing about it says he is the new green unless you want it to say it.

By the way, for those who are wondering, in the very initial announcement of the uniforms last year the team said they would be unveiled in April. I know there was some discussion on timing and speaking for myself that was so long ago that I forgot. Unless a leak happens in March I don't see why they would change the date.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  

The Jets colors are green and white and shall remain that way.  Just a look at our unique two-team stadium (huge investment in exterior lighting, internal graphics, gift shop convertibility, etc.) not to mention Florham Park if you've been there, from the green trim in every room and office to the lockers to the carpet, it's all green and there's no way that's going to change except for the shade of green-  could get lighter, darker, etc. but the core color is green and will still be.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

What would have drove us nuts is if it started out in green and then turned into any other color just to mess with us. Imagine the uniform concepts for other colors.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On 2/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, 14 in Green said:

I'll be ok, I'm not really a touchy guy, lol. Just tried to have a laugh with the sad thing. I'm kinda pissed about the change too, but who knows, maybe we'll end up liking the new stuff. I'm not expecting to, but who knows?

Exactly.  Well done.  Just like Darnold, Gase, and Williams, let's have a little faith in the team, shall we?

New York is the fashion capital of the country and Nike designs the best sports uniforms in the world.  Chris Johnson is a very snappy dresser and has a high sense of style.  Between the three if what we release aren't fantastic and best-in-the-league for a modern uniform version I'd be shocked.

No more SOJ-ism people.  It's okay to stop acting like a victim.  Talk to your Yankee fan friends, they'll tell you what its like to have something called 'expectations'.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets colors are green and white and shall remain that way.  Just a look at our unique two-team stadium (huge investment in exterior lighting, internal graphics, gift shop convertibility, etc.) not to mention Florham Park if you've been there, from the green trim in every room and office to the lockers to the carpet, it's all green and there's no way that's going to change except for the shade of green-  could get lighter, darker, etc. but the core color is green and will still be.

SAR I

We'll and good but the point is the video of Adams opening the box means nothing. 

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's like the Schrodinger's Cat of uniform reveals!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2019 at 5:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

So I just saw a pop up ad from NFL.com they have drastically reduced the price of Jets gear. Is this just an End of Season Clearance, or could the new stuff be out sooner then we think?

I picked up two Darnold white kids jerseys on Monday at Models for $20 each, marked down from $75

• Upvote 2