Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This does look cool.  Much easier when you're not tied down by "tradition".  Odd logo though.  What does a jet plane have to do with Express?  Unless it represents Fedex Express.

I think it does represent Fed Ex.

Wasn’t Castaway based in Memphis?

He was the Fed Ex worker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

And then BAM... this morning, BJF83 realized he was drunk when he typed this silly sh!t last night^^^

lol yes it was supposed to read "And then bam kelckineau was awestruck as he saw the new feature color of the New York jets......

 

Crimson"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, if you're gonna abandon green and white why not change the name of the team too? Might as well alienate any and all history or fandom and start from scratch.

Not sure why people are discussing us abandoning green. As I said before if you watch the teaser video from the Jets on the uniforms with Adams it clearly points to green in a lighter shade being the primary color.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

 Not sure why people are discussing us abandoning green. As I said before if you watch the teaser video from the Jets on the uniforms with Adams it clearly points to green in a lighter shade being the primary color.

I was just waxing about the discussion. I don't think anybody seriously thinks green is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think it does represent Fed Ex.

Wasn’t Castaway based in Memphis?

He was the Fed Ex worker.

The Express is most likely an ode of THANKS to the Local Power/Influence and ominous Presence The FedEx Corporation has in Memphis, Tennessee.

Memphis is FedEx's SuperHub Location and its largest sorting facility IN THE WORLD w/millions of packages processed through that facility HOURLY. 

I would have named the team the Memphis "Beale-Street-Blue-BBQers"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for #85 ny jets pics

PAGES..............

It will ALWAYS be Rob Moore for me, even though Wesley Walker was more fun to watch. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It will ALWAYS be Rob Moore for me, even though Wesley Walker was more fun to watch. 

James Dearth is the best to wear 85 in team history

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, greasyt said:

This looks like the grainy image from the video

 

DzI3h-sWoAEkBXT.jpg

Looks like lips or hamburger buns or a shelled peanut as much as it looks like a football. Or as @kdels62 said, a coffee bean.

Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the New York Dicot Seeds!

Hopefully that was just what they put on the binder covers for the project and not the final version. It's not modern, it's not different. It's not even a logo; it's just italicized words with an oval around it, with the top & bottom of the "o" in York cut off.

If they want to improve the team, maybe from the top down they should learn that a football is pointy at the ends, not oval. Knowing the shape of the ball used in the sport would be an important first step I think.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just saw a pop up ad from NFL.com they have drastically reduced the price of Jets gear. Is this just an End of Season Clearance, or could the new stuff be out sooner then we think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

It will ALWAYS be Rob Moore for me, even though Wesley Walker was more fun to watch. 

for me it will ALWAYS Be Wesley... 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So I just saw a pop up ad from NFL.com they have drastically reduced the price of Jets gear. Is this just an End of Season Clearance, or could the new stuff be out sooner then we think?

Ok @Jet_Engine1 you saddened me with the "sad" reaction to the post I'm quoting. Did my asking a question make you sad? Or do sales make you sad? It makes me sad that you're so sad...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok @Jet_Engine1 you saddened me with the "sad" reaction to the post I'm quoting. Did my asking a question make you sad? Or do sales make you sad? It makes me sad that you're so sad...   

I'm sad that the Jets uniforms that we've known for 20 years are going on clearance to get them out of stock. 

 

Its a message board. Don't be touchy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm sad that the Jets uniforms that we've known for 20 years are going on clearance to get them out of stock. 

 

Its a message board. Don't be touchy. 

I'll be ok, I'm not really a touchy guy, lol. Just tried to have a laugh with the sad thing. I'm kinda pissed about the change too, but who knows, maybe we'll end up liking the new stuff. I'm not expecting to, but who knows?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

So I just saw a pop up ad from NFL.com they have drastically reduced the price of Jets gear. Is this just an End of Season Clearance, or could the new stuff be out sooner then we think?

Thanks for the heads up need to stock up on a few hats and some other stuff. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ECURB said:

How is there no leaks yet? The interwebs are failing me.

Because there are no such thing as leaks in the Maccagnan era that we live in. only bad picks, losing records, IQ’s of 7 and coffee beans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, johnnysd said:

Not sure why people are discussing us abandoning green. As I said before if you watch the teaser video from the Jets on the uniforms with Adams it clearly points to green in a lighter shade being the primary color.

No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  

Nothing about it says he is the new green unless you want it to say it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, for those who are wondering, in the very initial announcement of the uniforms last year the team said they would be unveiled in April. I know there was some discussion on timing and speaking for myself that was so long ago that I forgot. Unless a leak happens in March I don't see why they would change the date.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  

Nothing about it says he is the new green unless you want it to say it.

The Jets colors are green and white and shall remain that way.  Just a look at our unique two-team stadium (huge investment in exterior lighting, internal graphics, gift shop convertibility, etc.) not to mention Florham Park if you've been there, from the green trim in every room and office to the lockers to the carpet, it's all green and there's no way that's going to change except for the shade of green-  could get lighter, darker, etc. but the core color is green and will still be.

SAR I

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  
Nothing about it says he is the new green unless you want it to say it.


What would have drove us nuts is if it started out in green and then turned into any other color just to mess with us. Imagine the uniform concepts for other colors.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, 14 in Green said:

I'll be ok, I'm not really a touchy guy, lol. Just tried to have a laugh with the sad thing. I'm kinda pissed about the change too, but who knows, maybe we'll end up liking the new stuff. I'm not expecting to, but who knows?

Exactly.  Well done.  Just like Darnold, Gase, and Williams, let's have a little faith in the team, shall we?

New York is the fashion capital of the country and Nike designs the best sports uniforms in the world.  Chris Johnson is a very snappy dresser and has a high sense of style.  Between the three if what we release aren't fantastic and best-in-the-league for a modern uniform version I'd be shocked.

No more SOJ-ism people.  It's okay to stop acting like a victim.  Talk to your Yankee fan friends, they'll tell you what its like to have something called 'expectations'.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 11:59 AM, greasyt said:

This looks like the grainy image from the video

 

DzI3h-sWoAEkBXT.jpg

It's not terrible, but it's kind of bland. 

It reminds me of how Nike changed the Dolphins logos to give them less personality. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets colors are green and white and shall remain that way.  Just a look at our unique two-team stadium (huge investment in exterior lighting, internal graphics, gift shop convertibility, etc.) not to mention Florham Park if you've been there, from the green trim in every room and office to the lockers to the carpet, it's all green and there's no way that's going to change except for the shade of green-  could get lighter, darker, etc. but the core color is green and will still be.

SAR I

 

We'll and good but the point is the video of Adams opening the box means nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  

Nothing about it says he is the new green unless you want it to say it.

It's like the Schrodinger's Cat of uniform reveals!!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Image result for #85 ny jets pics

PAGES..............

Can we get 15 more pages before the actual reveal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do some people here really believe that the new Jets uniforms will not mainly be some shade of green?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I heard something the other day that the Jets might be thinking about changing their uniforms for 2019.

Anyone know anything about that?

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 5:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

So I just saw a pop up ad from NFL.com they have drastically reduced the price of Jets gear. Is this just an End of Season Clearance, or could the new stuff be out sooner then we think?

I picked up two Darnold white kids jerseys on Monday at Models for $20 each, marked down from $75

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...