Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

That's basically what they have now... why even bother making a change for that.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jetsons said:

For such a minor change I wouldn't waste my money.

I agree but many would. Few years ago, I posted a picture of me and my dad at a tailgate wearing Namath jerseys and was flamed because the jersey wasn't "authentic for Joe Willie's playing days."

Some people really, really care about this stuff.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What other uniforms did they do is there a picture with all of them?

Off the top of my head, Cleveland, Miami, Tampa Bay, Tennessee. None of them ended up being drastic revamps, but they were all underwhelming at best. 

But we'll see. Maybe they surprise us next month.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

So by the looks of it, we are keeping the same logo. I thought / was hoping we were getting new logos / brand / uniforms.

 

They have already confirmed there will be a new logo, so the one in the image does not represent our new logo. Do we really think they would show the new logo in a teaser video for all to see?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Costello: The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerseys are uncomfortable to wear, make you look like a man-child, and you’re wearing another man’s name across your back. Jersey-wearers are odd birds and the fact that this thread is highly trafficked is odd. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jerseys are uncomfortable to wear, make you look like a man-child, and you’re wearing another man’s name across your back. Jersey-wearers are odd birds and the fact that this thread is highly trafficked is odd. 

I agree that people who buy and wear jerseys are strange folk.  On the other hand, I am very interested in logo and uniform design.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Costello: The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

Comes back to this.  The only one that everyone says looks like the Eagles' unis.  Maybe an early mock since it doesn't have the new wing "triangle" anywhere on it? Everything they've shown could also be a smokescreen.

F42E1AE2-32D4-4668-9613-C8452CCBF881.jpeg

 

BC5CBEDA-795E-4C3C-B627-A7B3F20F5194.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Comes back to this.  The only one that everyone says looks like the Eagles' unis.  Maybe an early mock since it doesn't have the new wing "triangle" anywhere on it? Everything they've shown could also be a smokescreen.

F42E1AE2-32D4-4668-9613-C8452CCBF881.jpeg

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, UpperDecker317 said:

They have already confirmed there will be a new logo, so the one in the image does not represent our new logo. Do we really think they would show the new logo in a teaser video for all to see?

Didn’t know that was confirmed. Thank God, our current logo sucks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging that this is one of the longest threads in JN history, Woody is about to make a ton of dough on swag sales. Expect bi-annual uniform tweaks after this bonanza.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Comes back to this.  The only one that everyone says looks like the Eagles' unis.  Maybe an early mock since it doesn't have the new wing "triangle" anywhere on it? Everything they've shown could also be a smokescreen.

F42E1AE2-32D4-4668-9613-C8452CCBF881.jpeg

Found this mockup with the streak elsewhere.

D8E41390-DD2B-41A8-9B2D-55858EF20AB1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

 

D8E41390-DD2B-41A8-9B2D-55858EF20AB1.jpeg

Try one with the "wings" more narrow like the ones they showed and facing the opposite direction connecting in the front.  Like the Eagles' wings.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "original" one actually looks better.  The one above is that stupid triangle thingie.  How lame for a helmet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Below was buried in a Costello story. Maybe it was already posted here, but I have no use for going through this thread:

6. The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Try one with the "wings" more narrow like the ones they showed and facing the opposite direction connecting in the front.  Like the Eagles' wings.

I didn’t make it, I just saw it posted elsewhere.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prime21 said:

The "original" one that actually looks better.  The one above is that stupid triangle thingie.  How lame for a helmet.

They're Both TERRIBLE... gag... vomit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jerseys are uncomfortable to wear, make you look like a man-child, and you’re wearing another man’s name across your back. Jersey-wearers are odd birds and the fact that this thread is highly trafficked is odd. 

I go to games in suits like Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry. 

Id kill to see you in a Don Shula 70s era leisure suit. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, prime21 said:

jeyuni(1).thumb.jpg.6174f87beecb01f1974733796efdaf0c.jpg

People really see what they want.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We play like a CFL and XFL team might as well dress like one, I find it hard to believe the NY Jets can even screw a uniform change up. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We play like a CFL and XFL team might as well dress like one, I find it hard to believe the NY Jets can even screw a uniform change up. 

 

There are almost 3,500 posts in a thread about new uniforms. The Jets did not screw up anything, they did precisely what they were hoping to.

Like leading lemmings to a cliff.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I go to games in suits like Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry. 

Id kill to see you in a Don Shula 70s era leisure suit. 

Could be arranged 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott Dierking said:

There are almost 3,500 posts in a thread about new uniforms. The Jets did not screw up anything, they did precisely what they were hoping to.

Like leading lemmings to a cliff.

You’re aware the lemmings die in this analogy yes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

You’re aware the lemmings die in this analogy yes 

Absolutely. Although, unfortunately, I have heard that is a myth. But it still works for this debate.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Could be arranged 

Did you check into the institution back in the 70"s with a suit on?  I don't think a straight jacket is considered a dress suit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's obvious that people will complain about the new uniforms regardless of how they look.  It's subjective.  I'm sure we'll have a vote after they are revealed.  If more than half of the fans like it, it's a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prime21 said:

jeyuni(1).thumb.jpg.6174f87beecb01f1974733796efdaf0c.jpg

The other full body shots do have the Nike logo in white.

CC476AF6-03FA-489F-83E0-74241A80A61A.jpeg

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet the people at the Jets Org. are in fact reading this (or some other forums version of this) thread and laughing their collective asses off at all the baseless B.S. speculation and photoshopping.

This is exactly what their Marketing Dept. wanted, fans all obsessive over the new designs.  Hype.  Likely to be followed by sales and more sales of whatever likely poobag of garrish design the new gear is.  

I admit, I'm as sheeple on this as all of you.  I'll probably buy the poobag crap as soon as I can too.

But just looking at this thread, it's pretty damn funny, I have to admit.

By the way, what page # are we up to, can someone post a large image, preferably in a comedic way, to illustrate the page number for us all? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Below was buried in a Costello story. Maybe it was already posted here, but I have no use for going through this thread:

6. The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.


This blows.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

So by the looks of it, we are keeping the same logo. I thought / was hoping we were getting new logos / brand / uniforms.

 

not a chance - there will be a new logo and new uni's 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...