Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

@joewilly12 wants to be buried with his on.  Also, acceptable.

This way when I get to the reckoning place they will see i've already been through hell. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rayzor said:

Costello: The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

prob something like this:

 

image.png.2909dae8b09682aacf5ca5d561f35028.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m sure your back is perfect. It’s your front that’s become the issue of some debate. Not with me, mind you. I’m down either way.

i Luv u 2 tomsh !  😘

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

After 15 years old, the only acceptable place to wear a football jersey is actually at the game. Anywhere else you look like a mongo.  That goes for pretty much every sport, especially hockey jerseys (hockey jerseys are the best jerseys of all, but if you are walking around in one and not on your way to the arena, I automatically assume you're heading home to your mom's basement to heat up a digiorno).  

Basketball jerseys may be worn on the beach. They are cool.

And these are the jersey laws.

I don’t necessarily agree with (I wear hockey jerseys in public) this but it’s hilarious. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

prob something like this:

 

image.png.2909dae8b09682aacf5ca5d561f35028.png

I'd be so fng happy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

prob something like this:

 

image.png.2909dae8b09682aacf5ca5d561f35028.png

That would be great, but given what we know it sounds like black is heavily in the mix and they may be referring to the current Eagles uniforms - not these throwbacks. So, the best may be able to get is a lighter shade of green with black.  If the black had texture or patterning to make it more interesting, perhaps it could be ok, but flat black would be a boring addition, much like earlier modifications to the Mets and Knicks uniforms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best uniforms in the NFL are boring. (see Raiders, Bears, Chiefs, 49ers, Packers)

 

If Jets deviate much from what they currently have, they will be back wearing current uniforms within 5 seasons. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Best uniforms in the NFL are boring. (see Raiders, Bears, Chiefs, 49ers, Packers)

 

If Jets deviate much from what they currently have, they will be back wearing current uniforms within 5 seasons. 

Totally agree.. I'm worried this franchise will fall back into the Jaguars or Buc's ways fashion wise if they don't keep it looking classic :( I was pushing for a uniform change for years but.. now I'm starting to worry about turning into a trendy uniform that will be updated every few years because of how it doesn't look right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Best uniforms in the NFL are boring. (see Raiders, Bears, Chiefs, 49ers, Packers)

 

If Jets deviate much from what they currently have, they will be back wearing current uniforms within 5 seasons. 

Exactly...that "boring" quote actually gave me a sigh of relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'd be so fng happy.

just putting the pieces together this seems to be more in line with what we're going to see i think, especially if a guy says they remind him of the eagles, probably this retro color, with some black accent work, maybe black around the numbers maybe a black collar. 

this would be in line with manish tweet about it being underwhelming (which i take to be simple) and then the reports about it reminding them of the eagles. If i had to put an educated guess together, combine this retro eagles color with the current eagles jerseys.  Black color with some white accent work on the sleeve and theres the jersey. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teptep said:

That would be great, but given what we know it sounds like black is heavily in the mix and they may be referring to the current Eagles uniforms - not these throwbacks. So, the best may be able to get is a lighter shade of green with black.  If the black had texture or patterning to make it more interesting, perhaps it could be ok, but flat black would be a boring addition, much like earlier modifications to the Mets and Knicks uniforms.  

Black is heavily in the mix as an alternate jersey. I think for the green or white jerseys what youll see is a Black Collar which since nike came in as the jersey maker they've made many jerseys with thick alternate color collars. 

 

Image result for zach ertz

see the similarity to the jets rumors though?  look at what we know so far

-there will be a black alternate color jersey

- the name Jets will be printed on the front of the jersey

-The video shows the possibility of numbers printed on the shoulder

-We know the color will be slightly darker than Kelly Green but much lighter than the current green. 

 

If i had to guess if you took this picture of Ertz and made the color the jersey color in the picture i posted before of their throw back jerseys. youll get very similar to the jets jersey.   A kinda kelly green color, black color, black outlined numbers, and a white jet logo on the sleeves.  White jerseys would also go black color, green numbers with black outline, and a green jets logo on the side.  Black alternate i believe will be black with green numbers and green collar.  It will be simple which would substantiate the "underwhelming" rumor and match up with rumors we heard before about little style elements, also would substantiate the "reminds me of the eagles" jersey rumor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Black is heavily in the mix as an alternate jersey. I think for the green or white jerseys what youll see is a Black Collar which since nike came in as the jersey maker they've made many jerseys with thick alternate color collars. 

 

Image result for zach ertz

see the similarity to the jets rumors though?  look at what we know so far

-there will be a black alternate color jersey

- the name Jets will be printed on the front of the jersey

-The video shows the possibility of numbers printed on the shoulder

-We know the color will be slightly darker than Kelly Green but much lighter than the current green. 

 

If i had to guess if you took this picture of Ertz and made the color the jersey color in the picture i posted before of their throw back jerseys. youll get very similar to the jets jersey.   A kinda kelly green color, black color, black outlined numbers, and a white jet logo on the sleeves.  White jerseys would also go black color, green numbers with black outline, and a green jets logo on the side.  Black alternate i believe will be black with green numbers and green collar.  It will be simple which would substantiate the "underwhelming" rumor and match up with rumors we heard before about little style elements, also would substantiate the "reminds me of the eagles" jersey rumor. 

I think these are good educated guesses. I'd be fine with this if the helmet was also green and went a homage to/straight up reproduction of the Jets wordmark from the 80s, but now I'm getting greedy.  FWIW,  I don't think a predominantly white colored helmet goes with the uniform combos as described, especially with an all-black alternative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

39 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

i honestly really think i nailed it. make sure this is saved so i can gloat when im right 😉😅

 

28 minutes ago, teptep said:

I think these are good educated guesses. I'd be fine with this if the helmet was also green and went a homage to/straight up reproduction of the Jets wordmark from the 80s, but now I'm getting greedy.  FWIW,  I don't think a predominantly white colored helmet goes with the uniform combos as described, especially with an all-black alternative. 

I'm gonna guess you're wrong.  My guess is based entirely on the thought that a company like Nike would not go through a multi-year process to design a new uniform for the Jets, only to have them closely resemble the uniforms they designed for the Eagles.

Nike Just Wouldn't Do It

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

 

 

I'm gonna guess you're wrong.  My guess is based entirely on the thought that a company like Nike would not go through a multi-year process to design a new uniform for the Jets, only to have them closely resemble the uniforms they designed for the Eagles.

Nike Just Wouldn't Do It

i think it still syncs up with what nike said though, a "completely radical change"  that could be the black alternate, the jets have never done that.  but who knows, people also rumor that grey will be heavily involved so we cant be completely sure what we'll get.. I'm just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.  

If they are underwhelming as manish' source claims then i think they'll be more in line with what im guessing than something super crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me amongst the fans who are very nervous that the Jets will screw this up.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe 20 years or so from now people are going to be like why did everyone wear black?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I believe 20 years or so from now people are going to be like why did everyone wear black?

That should've happened already.  The Falcons are the most obvious example.  They never should've gotten rid of the red.

 

image.png.e3a5cd2e4c0930c883b293044bba29dc.png

image.png.ae01f7deb412b2b9adfa200f7acd9074.png 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Best uniforms in the NFL are boring. (see Raiders, Bears, Chiefs, 49ers, Packers)

 

If Jets deviate much from what they currently have, they will be back wearing current uniforms within 5 seasons. 

Which is exactly what is going on now in Cleveland. The new uniforms are despised by the fans, so the team has already entered a request to change again. As with the Jets and any othe team though, they have to keep the "current" for now because it takes 4 tears to change. 

Why the 4 years? Who knows? but expect to see a lot of color rush and throwback uniforms on the Brownies the next few years. Hopefully we don't end up in the same boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would you guys think of BLACK helmets? I don't think we've seen that in any mock ups yet... I'd really like green w grey or silver, but if the green has some pop, I think it would work with black.

I have a Nike golf shirt that is a very light green, hard to describe, sort of like a matte version of a neon green (almost a mint?). It's really a nice color, and would really work well with black, although mine has a grey swoosh and club logo on it. Being the fashionista that I am, I'll wear it with either white or light grey shorts. I think I look stunning, LOL.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for black new york jets helmets

Thanks Joe. that color green is really close, only the one I'm talking about is more matte-ish, if that's a word? I think the helmet stripe without the reflection might be the exact color.

Take away the white stripe, just keep the green stripe (and maybe grey piping) going down the helmet, then imagine that new matte green in a different logo on the side. I like it. The helmet then works great with the green and grey uniform  just as well as green and black.

Not that it matters, whats done is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

F1069F57-F16B-4486-B7EE-02342BB37A40.thumb.jpeg.721d5bc19dba2fcb9e55d9eddd5b00ad.jpeg

If it's this then all these years of suffering as a Jet fan will have been worth it.  

Maybe it's not too late to submit this idea.  They still have 1 month to get it together.  This would easily win any fan poll.   There's not a single detail here that I don't absolutely love!  The placement of the lettering couldn't be more ideal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If it's this then all these years of suffering as a Jet fan will have been worth it.  

Maybe it's not too late to submit this idea.  They still have 1 month to get it together.  This would easily win any fan poll.   There's not a single detail here that I don't absolutely love!  The placement of the lettering couldn't be more ideal!

I made it as crappy as possibly to reflect our true accomplishments for the the last few 4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

logo visible? seen on helmet side where contrasting design is seen, halfway down, the bright horizontal line.

looks like a darker helmet and lighter color logo, white? 

helmet looks matte to me.1256531058_ScreenShot2019-03-05at2_43_01PM.thumb.png.2538cb78f8b4f39171e90b0f5a249498.png

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...