Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Selfishly quoting myself...but...I also "green'd up" the Home Uniform concept that Chillygrafx (the same guy who made the "away" concept seen above") made and I gotta say....it came out really nice:

Screenshot_20180330-193510-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg

If this was something remotely close to what the real thing looks like, I'd be a very happy camper.

Stop already. It’s a boring design. It would be better to do nothing than to regress to a uniform my teen son could design in 15 minutes. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

Questionable marketing on the jets part, but hey it saved me some money this season. Literally within a few days of buying brand new jerseys for the girlfriend and I. Phewwwwwwww

Well...They needed a distraction from their inability to sign our QB 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe I'm the only one but I really like the current helmet.  I think the oval logo is still relatively modern while at the same time harkening back to the team's greatest era in the late 60's.  I'd be fine with other changes, a reversion to kelly green from hunter green, etc. but I'd like to see some nod or acknowledgement to the team's history.

Also, are the Steelers too cheap to put their logo on BOTH sides of their helmet? :D 

Sorry, but I design identities/logos for a living and this logo is anything but modern. It's old in it's design and execution. It's roots are in the 60's.

What will be, will be.

I prefer the 80's logo to the 60's (and 90's variant) logos personally.

I'll never understand the hate of it, because lets be honest, apart form the one Super Bowl, it's not like we won so much more in the 60's/70's or 90's/00's/10's to call one logo trash and the other something else.  JMO. 

But if we get a completely new logo, c'est la vie.  We're the Jets, a Jet-shaped or Fighter-plane-shaped logo might be ok tbqh.

Time marches on.  Change is inevitable.  All one can do is deal with it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Sorry, but I design identities/logos for a living and this logo is anything but modern. It's old in it's design and execution. It's roots are in the 60's.

Great, I'd love to see some your ideas. Perhaps have a JN pole on the best. Then push the fans ideas to Chris J?

• Sympathy 1

New uniform announcement is a distraction for the Darnold holdout.  I am nostalgic about the 80s logo, but DONT bring it back it.  Let’s go completely new here.  Likely a fighter jet, military inspired design IMO.  Maybe a matte colored helmet being it’s all the rage in CFB right now.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Nike is probably pissed right now that they revealed this before the season.

Nike is most likely furious.  No way in hell do I buy one of the current ones knowing that next year it changes.  Oh boy the Jets marketing staff is so short-sighted.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Leave it to the Jets to get the hottest QB prospect in the last 5+ years and cripple his jersey sales by announcing a new design while he's holding out.

What a SOJ move.

SAR I

It's remarkable, isn't it?  No business sense whatsoever.  It's like they have a bunch of 20 year old inexperienced interns doing their social media / marketing.  Naivetee at its finest.  LOL @ Nike.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Strange you like this helmet. I've always thought the helmet with the charging buffalo suggests strength and power, positive football characteristics, while the buffalo on this helmet seems to be just grazing in the field. Come to think of it, that may be more representative of the way the Bills actually play. But you'd think they would at least want something that inspires strength and power. 

that's not a buffalo.  It's Rex bowing his head in sorrow.

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Selfishly quoting myself...but...I also "green'd up" the Home Uniform concept that Chillygrafx (the same guy who made the "away" concept seen above") made and I gotta say....it came out really nice:

Screenshot_20180330-193510-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg

If this was something remotely close to what the real thing looks like, I'd be a very happy camper.

I really think it'll be something close to this. Nothing drastic. Just a simple design and I wouldn't be surprised if they used a matte green helmet. 

Look at the uniforms they updated with the Titans, Vikings, Jags, Dolphins as of late, they're all simplified updated versions of what they were. And I really do think they'll go back to that logo, fans have been screaming for it for a while now. 

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nike is most likely furious.  No way in hell do I buy one of the current ones knowing that next year it changes.  Oh boy the Jets marketing staff is so short-sighted.

Right, what the Jets should have done was say nothing.  Then watch fans run out and by the current uniform of their favorite players.  A ton of new Darnold uniforms get sold.  

Then announce that in a couple of months they'll unvail new uniforms.  Yeah, marketing gold.  How much would fans scream that they wasted money on the current uniform and what would be worse the crying that they need to wait a year or the crying they wasted $300????

Yeah, short sighted.  Like the complaining that goes on around this team

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Right, what the Jets should have done was say nothing.  Then watch fans run out and by the current uniform of their favorite players.  A ton of new Darnold uniforms get sold.  

Then announce that in a couple of months they'll unvail new uniforms.  Yeah, marketing gold.  How much would fans scream that they wasted money on the current uniform and what would be worse the crying that they need to wait a year or the crying they wasted $300????

Yeah, short sighted.  Like the complaining that goes on around this team

LOL.  You have a point there.  And when I posted that I was unaware of the 'rule' that new uni's have to be announced a year out.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

LOL.  You have a point there.  And when I posted that I was unaware of the 'rule' that new uni's have to be announced a year out.  

I know, figured that but left it out.  I was thinking all the uniform changes were announced as the Jets did, a year ahead of time.  Bet the NFL feels the same way, better to lose some sales than to piss people off who buy a Jersey a year a head of time.  Plus I would bet that the new uniform had been discussed, designed and agreed on by the Jets long before they drafted Darnold.  A shiny new QB does make it a tough decision to wait so maybe some fans buy this seasons and next seasons new look 

15 hours ago, freestater said:

Lol, I hear ya. I'm done with new ones until Nike is gone. Just hate the fit of the new ones. I like the old Reebok jerseys. My old 28 is the only one I wear any more.

I can’t stand the fit on the new nike jerseys.  I got an Adams color rush XL and it’s tight on my arms. For the record, I am not a gym rat where this should be an issue.  So anyway, got a Darnold XXL for Fsther’s day and the sleeves are just terrible.  The arm openings are so big they just about go to the middle of my rib cage.  I have at least a dozen Reebok jerseys and never had any issues with the fit.

3 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Strange you like this helmet. I've always thought the helmet with the charging buffalo suggests strength and power, positive football characteristics, while the buffalo on this helmet seems to be just grazing in the field. Come to think of it, that may be more representative of the way the Bills actually play. But you'd think they would at least want something that inspires strength and power. 

LOL I agree that this buffalo seems more like it's grazing but I still like it.  The color is really nice (especially against the white background) and it doesn't look cheesy to me (as sometimes happens when you try to make a logo look too aggressive).  

3 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

On that sig pic of yours, did you actually pay for a jersey with "offsets" on the back? Or is that a photoshop job? If the latter, that's pretty good work.

Neither? Both? :D 

(You can actually design a custom jersey on NFLShop and it displays it for you without having to order.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It's remarkable, isn't it?  No business sense whatsoever.  It's like they have a bunch of 20 year old inexperienced interns doing their social media / marketing.  Naivetee at its finest.  LOL @ Nike.  

The uniforms were like the only thing you could be okay with as a fan of this team.  Everything else gives you agita, at least we didn't have to stress out over being dressed stupidly, since 1998 at least we looked good.

I just know they are going to screw this up.  Nike, the team, we're going to wind up looking stupid like the Browns, I can feel it.  For the next 20 years we are going to look awful.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It was literally voted bottom 3. Its messy and disorganized. Nothing at all appealing. Looks a like a freaking decorated Easter egg.

Dont care I'm all about tradition I'm a lifelong diehard fan not a millennial. 

This looks like hell 

Image result for jets emblem

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The uniforms were like the only thing you could be okay with as a fan of this team.  Everything else gives you agita, at least we didn't have to stress out over being dressed stupidly, since 1998 at least we looked good.

I just know they are going to screw this up.  Nike, the team, we're going to wind up looking stupid like the Browns, I can feel it.  For the next 20 years we are going to look awful.

SAR I

I'm worried about this as well.  When we think "New uni's", it's easy to think "they'll look sharper and classier but also stay classic".  In reality, they can easily screw things up (the word "JETS" on the uni for example).  I remember saying last year that I thought our uni's never looked better.  Now we're rolling the dice.  

I hope they design a uniform that looks good when actually worn, including the color scheme.  When Nike started the Jets' green looked horrendous. It was a dirty green and then had the weird sweat patches that no other jersey had.

Someone posted in another thread a Jets helmet with only The Jets' jetplane swoosh on it, which looked cool. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This looks like a Sprite box 

Image result for 80s jets helmet

Image result for sprite box

Agree that that Jet helmet doesn't look good (and I also associate it with the bumbling Jets of the 1980's).  A different shade of green along with a white stripe down the center would definitely help though.  I'm shocked some graphic designer can't come up with a better logo too.