Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No offense, to each their own, but I sit in the stadium and never get the fans with their names on the back of their jerseys.  Just never got that.  I know my name and thought the whole idea was to celebrate a player youre a fan of.

To each his own I look at it as I support the whole team not just one player who may not even be on the team anymore.. But that's just me..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

That uniform is trash. But how much do you think Jets brass considered the slant lines like above...

Actually damn I bet there is going to be those lines someone like that. Haha I hate Macc

This is Chris Johnson and Nike guys not maccagnan 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

To each his own I look at it as I support the whole team not just one player who may not even be on the team anymore.. But that's just me..

I get it, just figure if I like a player and hes traded I still like that player as a Jet.  Doesnt bother me, can wear my Mo Lewis real jersey and dont care that he retired.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m planning to fly across the country, pay for a hotel in NY or NJ, buy gear and hopefully, experience a tailgate with die hard fans.  

And not complain about it, or the hassle.  ?

How much will that whole thing cost you though?  If it's not at least $60K then it may as well be $0.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, SAR I said:

Definitely. 

You think a guy eating pretzels in his mom’s basement can be a bigger fan than one who spends $5,000 a year on tickets and spends 8 hours every Sunday going to/from games?

Please.

SAR I

Pretzel logic

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I understand that, but in the NFL the players are has big a part of your Teams History as the name its self. So its a little different.

Actually my wife as some nice Jets T's but she also does not have a Jersey. My Self I have a Joe Klecko jersey.

Now your a Jets fan he's a player you defo need to know about.

Best

Jet

Ever

Period

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How much will that whole thing cost you though?  If it's not at least $60K then it may as well be $0.

Listen buster, I already drop a fortune on my beloved USC season tickets, in the best section of the Coliseum that “seats” (we stand the entire game) the die hard, crazy fans like me.  Parking and tailgate food - no hot dogs or hamburgers, real food. ??

so, maybe you can cut me some slack for not moving to NJ and camping out in the parking lot of stadium with my face painted green and white....for my second favorite football team from across the country.

**OK, this is posted sarcastically with a little snark. ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Listen buster, I already drop a fortune on my beloved USC season tickets, in the best section of the Coliseum that “seats” (we stand the entire game) the die hard, crazy fans like me.  Parking and tailgate food - no hot dogs or hamburgers, real food. ??

so, maybe you can cut me some slack for not moving to NJ and camping out in the parking lot of stadium with my face painted green and white....for my second favorite football team from across the country.

It all depends.  When you say "parking", what vehicle is it that you're driving to the game?  

20 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well when Eric Allen and Chris Johnson are supporting something the Jets have done, when could that possibly go wrong, right?

Allen actially said he doesn't like them and wouldn't have changed at all.

Only kidding, wouldn't that be something though?

54 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well when Eric Allen and Chris Johnson are supporting something the Jets have done, when could that possibly go wrong, right?

Because what has either supported in the past that has gone wrong?  

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

Amazing that after 10+ years Sar can still twist panties over the whole real fans go to games thing.

I dont know if I should be impressed or saddened 

Especially from a guy who got his STs when fans dumped out of their seats who didnt want or wouldnt pay PSLs.

I got my account in 1977, back at Shea.  A teenage scraping nickels together to pay for my seats.  I dont think I'm a better fan for it even according to his logic which makes be what 3-4Xs the fan?

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Especially from a guy who got his STs when fans dumped out of their seats who didnt want or wouldnt pay PSLs.

I got my account in 1977, back at Shea.  A teenage scraping nickels together to pay for my seats.  I dont think I'm a better fan for it even according to his logic which makes be what 3-4Xs the fan?

I remember waiting anxiously for the little post card to come with your waiting list number on it, each year it went up slowly and then finally you got the envelope.  I used to pay for my tickets with my tax return. I managed to buy a house, new cars, vacation and then came children, property taxes eventually college education. I worked all the OT I could to afford the tickets and tailgating so it wouldn't cut into the household money. The PSL's ended my run I tried a year in the UD it was way higher than the old stadium.  

I can honestly say in all the years I had season tickets I never ever sold them to opposing teams fans it was NY Jets fans or they went unused. 

It pisses me off when he talks like he's entitled to something and he earned it. Money bought his way in no waiting list like most of us had to endure. Ignoring him is so much better than reading his drivel, lies and bragging. 

He hates fireman Ed,blue collar workers, recognizing the military and emergency services. 

Im a real fan and so are most of us, regardless of what he says. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

This may be the first "Concept" that looks like it really could be real.
Great work by whomever put it together, takes alot of the supposed leaks, puts it together in a  professional looking package.  
Don't think this is what we get, but a  for it nonethe less.
I'm actually kind of down with this. Very nice

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I remember waiting anxiously for the little post card to come with your waiting list number on it, each year it went up slowly and then finally you got the envelope.  I used to pay for my tickets with my tax return. I managed to buy a house, new cars, vacation and then came children, property taxes eventually college education. I worked all the OT I could to afford the tickets and tailgating so it wouldn't cut into the household money. The PSL's ended my run I tried a year in the UD it was way higher than the old stadium.  

I can honestly say in all the years I had season tickets I never ever sold them to opposing teams fans it was NY Jets fans or they went unused. 

It pisses me off when he talks like he's entitled to something and he earned it. Money bought his way in no waiting list like most of us had to endure. Ignoring him is so much better than reading his drivel, lies and bragging. 

He hates fireman Ed,blue collar workers, recognizing the military and emergency services. 

Im a real fan and so are most of us, regardless what he says. 

I was hospitalized in 2009.  Went 1977 through 2009 and never missed a game.  I had a call on my answering machine from the guy who sat behind me wanting to know what was wrong because I never missed a game and had missed two straight.  when someone thinks theyre a "better fan" than me I just laugh.  

But dont buy into his schtick, he doesnt even believe it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

One of the best things about the no name on the back of a jersey, is that it can be recycled for another player. ?

Of course, there is the retired numbers for the Heisman Trophy winners that there is no question who the player is...

No team does this right? I mean the names are on back of everyone's jerseys right?

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No team does this right? I mean the names are on back of everyone's jerseys right?

USC is the only school in CFB that has never had names on the back of their jerseys.  Domers and PS are the other two, but have made exceptions/certain games. 

7 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I tend to agree with your thinking here. 

I stopped buying jerseys with actual players names on them years ago. As soon as I bought one it was almost a guarantee the player wouldn't be here anymore. lol  The thing I struggle with is people wearing jerseys with names of players who are now on other teams. I just can't do it.  

The one exception for me is if it's a players name who is a Jets great or soemthing.  I have McNeil, Gastineau and a Mo Lewis jerseys, but I basically only wear my #90(for Byrd) but with my own name on it anymore. Covers all of my bases. 

If I remember correctly, you have Savage on your jersey do you not?