Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

It really surprises me how many people consider the current/Namath uniforms classic.  Just because they were around in the past doesn't mean they are classic.

There are not many subjects I can speak with a somewhat educated stance, but uniform design is one of them.  I worked for a sporting goods retailer for like 8 years, about half in the print area where we screen printed all sorts of uniforms for various sports.

The Jets current uniform layout is clunky and almost primarily used with uniforms that have 3 colors.  That has always bothered. 

This is just my personal preference, but I don't like the white helmets either.  Everyone has white helmets.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It really surprises me how many people consider the current/Namath uniforms classic.  Just because they were around in the past doesn't mean they are classic.

There are not many subjects I can speak with a somewhat educated stance, but uniform design is one of them.  I worked for a sporting goods retailer for like 8 years, about half in the print area where we screen printed all sorts of uniforms for various sports.

The Jets current uniform layout is clunky and almost primarily used with uniforms that have 3 colors.  That has always bothered. 

This is just my personal preference, but I don't like the white helmets either.  Everyone has white helmets.

I likenour current uniforms I also like the 80’s uniforms those are the ones I grew up watching and became a fan of this team I wouldn’t mind the jets sticking with the current uniform and occasionally using the 80’s throwback as an alternate

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Hofstra Jet said:

Kinda stupid of the Jets to say that so early in the game. Who is going to buy a jersey now, knowing this is the last year they will wear it? 

Leave it to the Jets to get the hottest QB prospect in the last 5+ years and cripple his jersey sales by announcing a new design while he's holding out.

What a SOJ move.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Lose a few pounds until you get to Mangold's weight class, it'll look great

:)

It's the shoulders. They have that odd cut (I guess it's to make shoulders look bigger,) I don't need any help there, they look like something Bea Arthur would wear in the golden girls

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll tell you what (and I'm prepared to get buttfumbled into oblivion), I wouldn't mind if they added a third color to the mix. Not black (representative of the failed Coslet/Kotite regimes) or silver/gray (too Eagles), I'd go with orange, which not only could represent fire coming from our so-called Jets, but also would be a New York color as worn by the Knicks, Mets, and Islanders. And also Darnold's hair. 

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'd actually like an alternative orange hat with their (hopefully) brand new logo. I like the Giants' unis with the white shirts and red lettering. Some teams do fun stuff with that secondary color (like when the Seahawks go crazy with their green). I think it could be cool. 

And I say this as a fan of our current uniforms. If (when) they change it up, I hope it's something really new - not the 80s logo or the alternative NY or NYJ they've had for a while now. Something genuinely original. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

I'll tell you what (and I'm prepared to get buttfumbled into oblivion), I wouldn't mind if they added a third color to the mix. Not black (representative of the failed Coslet/Kotite regimes) or silver/gray (too Eagles), I'd go with orange, which not only could represent fire coming from our so-called Jets, but also would be a New York color as worn by the Knicks, Mets, and Islanders. And also Darnold's hair. 

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'd actually like an alternative orange hat with their (hopefully) brand new logo. I like the Giants' unis with the white shirts and red lettering. Some teams do fun stuff with that secondary color (like when the Seahawks go crazy with their green). I think it could be cool. 

And I say this as a fan of our current uniforms. If (when) they change it up, I hope it's something really new - not the 80s logo or the alternative NY or NYJ they've had for a while now. Something genuinely original. 

Orange? That's so drastic. I think it's a crazy idea but I'll get crazy with you, how bout red instead?

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Orange? That's so drastic. I think it's a crazy idea but I'll get crazy with you, how bout red instead?

I think green and red is too Christmas-y, and god knows it's never Christmas for Jets' fans. 

And like I said, orange already has a place as a NY sports team color. 

And I'd start with just a little. Maybe in the logo and a taste on the jerseys or pants. Maintaining a mostly green + white thing. Then once it settles in, they can do crazier stuff with it. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

I don't disagree.  New doesn't have to mean excessive.  New can still be clean and simple.  I don't like any of those uniforms.

However, I don't think the Jets current are a clean design.  Lots of unecessary stuff.  Just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

I don't understand the green helmet hate. Is it because you think it's ugly, it's not classic enough, bad memories of the 80s, what?

Actually of the few images that stir a positive emotion in me it's the 80s uniform of walker McNeil and klecko 

I had a walker print hanging in my bedroom 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Not my personal cup of tea with the orange, but I like the general concept.  That's why I don't like the White helmets personally.  Half the leauge has White helmets.  

Whatever can set them apart as a truly distinct brand, while not going all whacky like the Bucs and Jags, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Dcq3BHyV4AA8-s8.jpg

please oh pleaseeee

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t love the green Helmet but I always thought this uni in general was a good starting point

9 hours ago, southtown24th said:

i hope this is it.

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01.jpeg

I like that a lot.  One small tweak I'd personally consider is remove the Jets logo on the jersey and replace with a Nike swoosh.  Then remove the stripe on the pants, making them solid green, but then put the Jets logo on the pant on one leg above the thigh pad.  Like the Saints pants, but green(or white at home)

Be interesting to see how far they take this. If they go a totally different color green then the whole branding and One Jets Drive facility will need to be changed if logos etc change.

If it's just the same color and logos in a different design maybe not so.

All goes beyond the uniform.

The Jets will have a brand new look in 2019. The franchise will unveil new uniforms next April and the Jets will wear their ensemble beginning in their 60th season of play.

After starting as the Titans of New York and sporting a navy, gold and white combination from 1960-62, the team was renamed the Jets prior to the 1963 season and kelly green and white became synonymous with the upstarts from the American Football League. There have been three major uniform alterations since. The last one came prior to the 1998 campaign when Bill Parcells oversaw a color change from kelly green to hunter green and removed black as an accent color while paying homage to the Super Bowl III championship team with a modified version of the oval on the helmet that was used from 1965-77.