Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

This rumor sounds real for two reasons:

1. It's so bad that it's just the kind of that could absolutely be true.

2. The Jets' no-contact QB jerseys were switched to green and black for no apparent reason and the team asked for opinions/highlighted it on social media.

I don't like black as a main color at all. Especially for the helmet color. It's blah...I think four or five teams use black as the helmet color and more use dark navy blue...boring!  Who wants to look like the Ravens?  Only one team uses green helmets...the Eagles, and that's a dark green. I was hoping the Jets would go back to a lighter green helmet and own green. One possibility to make black work would be to add a pattern or mixed materials to the black...like what the Seahawks do with the carbon fiber on top of the helmet.  

I'm also not a fan of military fighter jet image, but I think this is totally predictable and what the market may like. I would prefer that the Jets emphasize speed and go back to a stylized jet-wing that recalls the 80's wordmark.  The choice doesn't have to be between a commercial airliner and a military fighter.

If they're so keen on a military look, they could have the uniforms look like actual jet fighter pilot flight-suits complete with helmets...think Ernest Borgnine in Airwolf...ha! 

These are awful.  Go back to the Kelly green.  Revive or revise the Jets wordmark....that logo, as someone mentioned signifies New York as a big deal..jets coming and going all the time all over the place..the same is supposed to give the team a "NEW YORK" type identity......bigger than big....that isn't the image that a military jet conveys....are you guys going to practice with those stupid turbo nerf footballs with the tail fins on them too?  Is Mountain Dew your new official sponser?  LOL

15 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

These are awful.  Go back to the Kelly green.  Revive or revise the Jets wordmark....that logo, as someone mentioned signifies New York as a big deal..jets coming and going all the time all over the place..the same is supposed to give the team a "NEW YORK" type identity......bigger than big....that isn't the image that a military jet conveys....are you guys going to practice with those stupid turbo nerf footballs with the tail fins on them too?  Is Mountain Dew your new official sponser?  LOL

Thanks for the input..

11 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

So what does our current logo have to do with a team called the Jets? How about a team that plays in New York? You thinking the logo is good is based on it's history and not how good it is. It is a design failure since a logo is supposed to conceptually align with the team and/or it's city, not just what they play. I've been designing logos for 20 years and it isn't subjective - it just fails from a design standpoint and with what a logo is supposed to communicate. I would bet the new one finally works conceptually and is much nicer visually. 

Would be interested in your opinion when it is finally revealed.

i live in the UK and there is an absolutely huge interest in, and market for, the NFL throughout Europe. Get on the tube in London when there;s a game in town and you’ll see every jersey in the NFL...Except ours.

kids are wearing Cardinals, Jags, Pats, Chiefs, Viking’s, and a lot of Seattle etc etc but I rarely see them wearing our jersey because it’s just so damn bland and boring.

cam’t want for the reboot and to see the J E T S Jets jerseys become the coolest garment in the NFL

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The best uniforms in the league are plain. Chicago, Green Bay, Indianapolis etc. They are classic and will look always look sharp. The Jets have a good uniform as is. Parcells knew what he was doing. Everything that's been leaked so far screams amateur hour/mid 90's/over the top bad. If this leak is even half true it's going to be a complete mess.

Exactly. Simple is the best. 

13 hours ago, Butterfield said:

The jets are competing with the giants for market share.  The giants are already the traditional team in new york and that isn’t changing.  The jets have to go in another direction.  The uniform and logo are really dated.  Stop living in the past.

No one alive remembers when the Giants were the NY team and the Jets were the upstart new franchise.

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hippy.

Fighter Jets are Badass, fast, sophisticated, powerful, curttng edge technology that dominate the air. Kind of like how we want the Sam Darnold Era of Jets Football to be. Its a f*cking perfect logo.

Why not put a propeller on the top of the helmet as well. 

Image result for helmet with propeller pics

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The best uniforms in the league are plain. Chicago, Green Bay, Indianapolis etc. They are classic and will look always look sharp. The Jets have a good uniform as is. Parcells knew what he was doing. Everything that's been leaked so far screams amateur hour/mid 90's/over the top bad. If this leak is even half true it's going to be a complete mess.

Probably because everything thats been leaked so far has been created by amateurs with Photoshop on a laptop in their mothers basement

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

We're all screwed padding the bank account of J&J...I just rather have a design logo that I enjoy watching and wearing...don't worry, with my luck they'll stay close to the original.  Why ruin a good thing?

After all these years you would think people would know that J&J has absolutely nothing to do with Woody or Chris, has nothing to do with the Jets and get not even one dollar added to their bank account because of the Jets.   

So not getting how we're screwed.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

After all these years you would think people would know that J&J has absolutely nothing to do with Woody or Chris, has nothing to do with the Jets and get not even one dollar added to their bank account because of the Jets.   

So not getting how we're screwed.   

I was just too lazy to spell out W&C.  Sorry, not sorry.

We're screwed because they own my favorite team and cannot lead a dog to eat in a meat market.  

18 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I was just too lazy to spell out W&C.  Sorry, not sorry.

We're screwed because they own my favorite team and cannot lead a dog to eat in a meat market.  

Not what your post read like but ok.

As for screwed, none of it has a thing to do with the uniforms, maybe should be in another thread?  There are more than a few that complain about ownership on a daily basis.  Pretty much par for the course for every team, every sport BTW.